• Latest reply 8 years ago by Pinbalz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hairy_big_eyes.gif
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you forgot "and a distributor saw the opportunity for a quick flip to make the money that the original buyer left on the table"
always sad to see when a nice deal just goes to a retailer that is going to flip it. I would always rather a good deal goes to someone that is actually going to keep and enjoy the game.
Hey original seller > this is one of those instances where there is no harm in raising your price a couple hundred once the buyer shows up. He likely already has it sold to someone else for more.

Hilton,
you sure do have issues with someone making a buck. This was a for sale ad that the seller had a price set. Joe seen the ad and instantly said he will take it. I think that the seller probably is going to have the best transaction he possibly can have with this sale.

He got the exact price he wanted

He had an incredibly fast sale, i highly doubt that it was going to sell that fast

If something goes wrong 3 months down the road, its not like Joe will call him, he will take care of it himself

He was not asked the typical questions that i still dont understand, like extra pics of shooter lane. does it have 3 inch leg bots or 2 3/4. how new is the playfield glass. Can you give me the history of the previous owners.

Lastly hilton, I know that you have actually bought a few pins for your "route" so are you able to show me that each game that you have bought, and then sold, that you sold it for absolutley zero profit. In other words, if you bought a baywatch for 1000.00 and had it on "route" and took in 400.00 in quarter drops, then if you sold the game for a penny over 600 your a flipper too. You cant count a single thing like your time in doing things like research, cleaning, shopping, or even the price of parts, because maintenance is all part of ownership and if you think that adds a penny of value, then your a flipper

#52 8 years ago

I hope I get this much action when I sell a ECLEWOZ I just took in trade toward a new Ruby Red Woz. Even after selling people can't stop talking about it. Woz must be the great and powerful pin or at least have some kind of Tim Tebow effect as it so polarizing to so many here. I don't fully understand why someone is not allowed to make a profit, it's what keeps us in business and paying rent, taxes, ever increasing electric bills, ever increasing wholesale rate on new in box pins that must be passed upon the customer.

Teekee is one of the most straight up sellers ever and Joe is a nice guy.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you forgot "and a distributor saw the opportunity for a quick flip to make the money that the original buyer left on the table"

Are you suggesting that a distributor would dare to try and make money on the buying and selling of games? By that logic, how can you charge people to play your location games? You must be a greedy profiteer!

I can't imgaine the horror the seller experienced by selling his game quickly for the price he desired. I'm going to lie down. I can't take all of this abusive behavior.

#54 8 years ago

I have no issue with someone making a buck. I just dont like when someone is making that buck off the lack of knowledge of a seller > ESP when they are a distributor themselves.

VERY shortsighted in my opinion. Take care of your customers and still make money is an option. This also will resul in more sales down the line.

As for a collector selling a game down the line, I have no issues with them making money on a sale. You (Troy) for instance often buy turds and make them really nice while also providing a value to your customers. I often reccomend you to others as a great guy to buy from. You have solidly priced games which you have put time and knowledge in to make nicer and you seem to always help others out. I think you even told me a few stories where you paid over what someone was asking when doinga quick flip just to help them out while also making a little for your service. That is a solid thing to do.

As for me personally, the few times I have sold games I have broken even or lost. Only 1 time have I made any money and that was dumb luck and timing as much as anything. I owed that game for over a year and the price skyrocketed in that time.

#55 8 years ago

The price is staying as is...if the sale falls through or not. In addition, I spoke to buyer for an hour last night and he was forward with his intentions of what he plans to do with this game. You are way off base and stirring the pot incorrectly here based on your assumptions/speculation. I feel it is unfair to slam the buyer because he did nothing but respond quickly he wants it and communicated with me perfectly. The buyer contacted me as promised, was awesome to discuss pinball with, and will be putting this game to good use. If the buyer chooses to disclose what he is doing with the game, I'll let him disclose. Otherwise I'm keeping his intentions (he has a couple ideas of what he's doing with the game) private. Game is pending payment at asking price. Thank you to all for the PM inquiries.

Quoted from Whysnow:

always sad to see when a nice deal just goes to a retailer that is going to flip it. I would always rather a good deal goes to someone that is actually going to keep and enjoy the game.
Hey original seller > this is one of those instances where there is no harm in raising your price a couple hundred once the buyer shows up. He likely already has it sold to someone else for more.

#56 8 years ago

Glad you are happy with the sale. Hopefully it is going in anither kids hospital which would be awesome!

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the big deal is not a "big" deal. Just the idea that you can check off another distributor I will not be buying from in the future. Distributors that swoop in to flip on an underpriced game are very different than ones that say " Hey man, you are a bit under market and I have a buyer that will pay $7500 for this" "I can put you guys in touch and you work it out OR I can just buy it for $7000 as I charge $500 for my transport and setup services for the new buyer"
I know which distributor wins more customer dollars in the long haul.
Same thing goes for you TeeKee and why I have steered numerous people away from buying from you. Most recently a buddy on another forum was interested in your STNNG and I steered him in a better direction.

You seriously would not buy from PinballStar because they buy games to resell? Are you going to steer all of your friends always also like you do with Teekee? They are a business that makes money selling pinball machines. If he can make a little money on it good for him. You are completely off base with your attacks and BS. Stop making a bunch of statements implying that it needs to go to a children's hospital since pinballstar got a good deal on it. The fact that pinballstar has already helped children's hospitals should be applauded, not thrown in there face every time they have a chance to earn a profit.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just dont like when someone is making that buck off the lack of knowledge of a seller

Pinbalz is not, in any way, coming off as unsophisticated to me in this transaction. He seems like he has kept up just fine with WOZ and just didn't want the game to sit on the market for a long time so he priced it aggressively, that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do in many situations.

Just my two cents.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have no issue with someone making a buck. I just dont like when someone is making that buck off the lack of knowledge of a seller.

The seller knew how much he paid for it...and how much he wanted for it..... isn't that enough knowledge?

He wanted a fast sale and didnt want to ship - those 2 items generally will require a slightly lower selling price anyways....

Also, he's selling a machine without factory warranty (thats still in production)... again, deserving of a slight discount.

The price policing on this forum is astounding....
You are attacked if you ask "too much"
You are (now, apparently) deemed ignorant if you ask too little
And now, not just seller intent is questioned, but buyers motives are called into question.

Ridiculous.

#60 8 years ago

Holy Jesus... I got like 4 text messages pointing me here... People have nothing better to do with their time but look for shit to make up stories about ?

I have NEVER down-voted one post but I down-voted every single one by Whysnow. Dude, do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time ? You make ASSUMPTIONS out the ass here... First Joe Newhart, personal collector bought this game, not PinballSTAR to resell - offer me $ 10,000 on it - you CAN'T have it. It's NOT for sale for a 'quick flip' by a distributor, seller is not 'getting hosed' and I'm not 'duping a seller' (not sure what that means when I responded to an ad, lol). I want this game for my PERSONAL USE - and that's my business not yours. FYI - I wasn't a distributor when the LE's were sold - I didn't have any to sell EVER, think maybe I wanted it for myself, you goof ? So take your uninformed opinions and wasted time bashing both me and the seller and shove it. People can't even come on here to do a deal without someone sticking their nose up everyone's asses.

For what it's worth - the seller and I talked pinball for a good hour and a half last night - about WOZ, JJP, PPS, future of pinball, games we have, etc... And we both made a new friend in the hobby and consummated a deal we are both really happy with. THAT is good shit, this is BULLSHIT.

You can apologize to us both now if you'd like...

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A perfectly reasonable thing to do in many situations. Just my two cents.

That's TigerLaw. Ever the voice of moderation.

#62 8 years ago

sorry, when you are posting as your business I think it is safe to assume you are doing so as your business.

I appologize for assuming you were reselling this as your business does when you were posting under your business handle.
Glad you and the seller were able to work something out and you got a great deal on a WOZ for your personal collection.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, when you are posting as your business I think it is safe to assume you are doing so as your business.

I appologize for assuming you were reselling this as your business does when you were posting under your business handle.
Glad you and the seller were able to work something out and you got a great deal on a WOZ for your personal collection.

Apology accepted...

This is my only handle on pinside... I get the assumption but what do you care ? The bashing wasn't necessary. Saying I'm 'hosing' and all the other shit you said was not necessary and offensive. So far I've taken about $ 40,000 out my pocket and have bought games to donate to children's hospitals. I just GAVE an $ 8,500 WOZ to Project Pinball last week at ReplayFX. Since you mention my profit - I felt it best to educate you where a good portion of my profit goes. And trust me the rest doesn't make up for the time and effort it takes to do this, put up with the negative people, buy booth space, rent trucks, pay for hotels, take time off my day job, and lugging all the newest games to shows breaking my back for everyone to enjoy. So, may I ask, what have YOU done ? Talk is cheap, those in the hobby that DO things get my admiration - keyboard commandos don't.

There might be really really really GOOD reasons that the seller is selling as he did and really really really GOOD reasons I am buying it. Both are personal to both of us after chatting a long time last night we shared some things with each other. Two good folks got exactly what they needed. I don't get your need to shit in someone's ice cream... Now I'm hungry and that's your fault too ! : )

Water under the bridge - get off Pinside and go outside - the sun's out... : )

ps. I up-voted your apology lol

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

what have YOU done ?

I dont feel the need to really put it all out there, but 4th year of charity event hosted, numerous other charity events in my house, take out loans to buy new games and share with local community, meticulous maintainence of route games so people can get a good playing experience.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I just GAVE an $ 8,500 WOZ to Project Pinball last week at ReplayFX

to be more accurate, I just gave $100 of that 8500 WOZ away and promised if I won the AMH that I would donate it to our local kids hospital.

#65 8 years ago

Then all good stuff... Thank you for doing ALL that... See, just like I didn't know you well enough to comment - you didn't know either of us or our situations enough to comment as you did. So why pounce on both of us ? Lesson learned, be nice... That's all... : )

When you do your next charity event - PM / Email me I'll send you a bunch of stuff for prizes / raffles / door prizes, etc... happy to support...

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

See, just like I didn't know you well enough to comment - you didn't know either of us or our situations enough to comment as you did.

Yes, he seems to have a problem with this…

#67 8 years ago

We're fine... He apologized shit happens... I can take it but the seller is a nice guy and has reasons for selling as he did. Pissed me off he had to take shit on top of it. Not cool.

Anyway now this subject is over, this would be a perfect place for boobs to break the tension if boobs were still allowed on pinside... : )

#68 8 years ago

Someone say boobs??

hairy_big_eyes.gifhairy_big_eyes.gif

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We're fine... He apologized shit happens... I can take it but the seller is a nice guy and has reasons for selling as he did. Pissed me off he had to take shit on top of it. Not cool.
Anyway now this subject is over, this would be a perfect place for boobs to break the tension if boobs were still allowed on pinside... : )

Congrats on getting a great game to play.

#70 8 years ago

Well that was fun. Went from a FS thread to a couple of guys telling us how great they are.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Went from a FS thread to a couple of guys telling us how great they are.

Well, you're half right....

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Quoted from spfxted:

Someone say boobs??

hairy_big_eyes.gif

Hey, man...don't drag ME into this mess!

And yes, Joe...I'm still allowed on Pinside. Consider the tension broken.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

When you do your next charity event - PM / Email me I'll send you a bunch of stuff for prizes / raffles / door prizes, etc... happy to support...

Sounds like a good resolution to this issue. Matter closed. Be nice everyone.

#74 8 years ago

Just my two cents (which is really only worth about one): Joe has made money off of me. Trent from Tilt Amusements has made money off of me. Jersey Jack has made a pantload of money off of me. Four Pinsiders have made money off of me with secondary sales.

The only person really not making any money here is me. I lose money all the time in this hobby. But that's not why I'm in it, and I'd never want to be in the business side of this hobby. They DO want to be in business, so they deserve to make money for all the crap they've had to put up with.

I'm fine with it...especially since when I give them my money, I'm having a hell of a great time with what they sold me.

#75 8 years ago

And now I want to buy a machine from Joe.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

if boobs were still allowed on pinside... : )

Uhmmmm......look around......plenty of boobs still typing away on Pinside.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just my two cents (which is really only worth about one): Joe has made money off of me. Trent from Tilt Amusements has made money off of me. Jersey Jack has made a pantload of money off of me. Four Pinsiders have made money off of me with secondary sales.
The only person really not making any money here is me. I lose money all the time in this hobby. But that's not why I'm in it, and I'd never want to be in the business side of this hobby. They DO want to be in business, so they deserve to make money for all the crap they've had to put up with.
I'm fine with it...especially since when I give them my money, I'm having a hell of a great time with what they sold me.

I also hear the Furry Crossdresser Club of NJ has also made money off you, but what do I know... I just hear shit...

#78 8 years ago

All good - the seller and I had a good chuckle today about all this... Whysnow and I have been PM'ing off the post and have gotten chummy with apologies etc... aside... We are sending him a few hundred bucks worth of stuff for his pinball charity event... Everything works out when you get off Pinside and go outside for a while... See we can all be nice to each other... : )~

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And now I want to buy a machine from Joe.

Heck with that, I want to buy boobs from beelzeboob and leave him with nothing but beelze. HA

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Uhmmmm......look around......plenty of boobs still typing away on Pinside.

That's so funny. There was a moderator that really really really wanted to post almost the exact same thing in response to the same quote but he/she decided not to. Glad the joke got delivered though as that's good stuff!

#81 8 years ago

Ok, in all this Kumbaya stuff - I don't want to glaze over this nugget:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think Hobbit is as good as WOZ

Man WTF dude!? The Hobbit will crush WOZ

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's so funny. There was a moderator that really really really wanted to post almost the exact same thing in response to the same quote but he/she decided not to. Glad the joke got delivered though as that's good stuff!

Honestly, I was a little surprised nobody else stated the obvious. Just glad to contribute.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Heck with that, I want to buy boobs from beelzeboob and leave him with nothing but beelze. HA

At my age, I have plenty of boobs to go around. And they DO go around, especially when I'm going downstairs.

Quoted from Goronic:

Ok, in all this Kumbaya stuff - I don't want to glaze over this nugget:

Man WTF dude!? The Hobbit will crush WOZ

If the flippers can get the ball up the ramps. Or the VUK can get the ball up the wireform. I like Hobbit, and I'm fully prepaid on one. But it ain't no WOZ.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I like Hobbit, and I'm fully prepaid on one. But it ain't no WOZ.

Perhaps, but I think for me the hobbit will more my style

WOZ is really cool though

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

All good - the seller and I had a good chuckle today about all this... Whysnow and I have been PM'ing off the post and have gotten chummy with apologies etc... aside... We are sending him a few hundred bucks worth of stuff for his pinball charity event... Everything works out when you get off Pinside and go outside for a while... See we can all be nice to each other... : )~

OMG ! They must be ordering overcoats in hell tonight. Pinsiders going to battle in a WOZ thread only to find out after the smoke cleared that they have common ground and can be friends, after all. Well done gentlemen ! May your example here carry on through out Pinside. Everyone else, take heed. These guys got it right.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

OMG ! They must be ordering overcoats in hell tonight. Pinsiders going to battle in a WOZ thread only to find out after the smoke cleared that they have common ground and can be friends, after all. Well done gentlemen ! May your example here carry on through out Pinside. Everyone else, take heed. These guys got it right.

Well really, when you break it all down, we are playing pinball. Me, Teek, McCune, Keith, Joe, Alex, Gary, Jack, Ted, Tom, Allan, Lyman, Doc, we are all talking about freaking pinball. The greatest game ever invented.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Someone say boobs??

hairy_big_eyes.gif

LOL!!

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

12 years member? Really?

#89 8 years ago

I picked up my second WOZ, RR & with the crappy Canadian dollar its a $13k+ pin at Pintastic show (it was next to the Hobbit in all the video's). I think I sold my WOZEC for about $8k. I got a lot of grief from my wife selling the first one, & she is happy with the second one (RR). This pin is great for all ages, from child until your dead, her parents love playing it. Any pin that wins women over is a winner!

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well really, when you break it all down, we are playing pinball. Me, Teek, McCune, Keith, Joe, Alex, Gary, Jack, Ted, Tom, Allan, Lyman, Doc, we are all talking about freaking pinball. The greatest game ever invented.

No argument here Dave !
Loved the game since I was 5 years old. I'm 64 now. Just have trouble understanding how people can get so nasty sometimes. We all know people that have left us way to early. Now THAT'S nasty. Some of the stuff people get worked up over on Pinside amazes me. If some of those subjects are your biggest problem , then your darn lucky.
Long live pinball and the people that support it.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

12 years member? Really?

Having a hard time believing it myself. Seems longer ! Lol

#92 8 years ago

All good - the seller and I had a good chuckle today about all this... Whysnow and I have been PM'ing off the post and have gotten chummy with apologies etc... aside... We are sending him a few hundred bucks worth of stuff for his pinball charity event... Everything works out when you get off Pinside and go outside for a while... See we can all be nice to each other... : )~. Sorry I don't know how to do the cool quote caption!

Joe, I have a charity event coming up in a month. If I piss you off, and then apologize can you help me too?

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Guess I do now

1 week later
#94 8 years ago

Game has been sold and picked up.
Thank you.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'll take it... Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wozecle-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.