(Topic ID: 151838)

For sale: World Poker Tour (Stern, 2006) HUO Now $3100!

By shacklersrevenge

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03949_(resized).JPG
DSC03952_(resized).JPG
DSC03946_(resized).JPG
DSC03951_(resized).JPG
DSC03950_(resized).JPG
DSC03948_(resized).JPG
DSC03947_(resized).JPG
DSC03944_(resized).JPG
DSC03942_(resized).JPG
DSC03938_(resized).JPG
DSC03941_(resized).JPG
DSC03937_(resized).JPG
DSC03936_(resized).JPG
DSC03934_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: World Poker Tour (Stern, 2006) HUO Now $3100!

Added: 2016-02-11 01:50:27 UTC • Ended: April 2nd, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 3,600

One of the tougher pins to find, especially in nice condition, here is an immaculate HUO Stern World Poker Tour, no mods, bone stock.

Game has around 800 total plays, no issues whatsoever, plays and looks like it just came out of the box. DMD is bright and clear, Cabinet is in mint condition, which is pretty rare for this title. Collector quality machine imho. One of the best games out there!

STI shipping okay
if you have any questions, please feel free.
Pictures soon
Thanks, James

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are shacklersrevenge's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to shacklersrevenge's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gardner, MA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

#2 8 years ago

Great game bump.....goin to play right now actually.....always put a few bucks in this one.............Joey

#3 8 years ago

What is the situation with the code on this game? I've seen random comments referring to issues. Can someone clarify?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What is the situation with the code on this game? I've seen random comments referring to issues. Can someone clarify?

No issue that I know? Code seems fine to me!

#5 8 years ago

code is fine, i see no issues. start a mode before you start a multiball. go to work, lots of points to be made.
fun game.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

There was an issue with some of the early runs. There was a bad flash rom on the boards that caused an endless multiball situation during play. There is at least one machine in the Seattle area with this issue. It was covered under service bulletin 163.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb163.pdf

At the time Stern would have replaced the board for free. I doubt that they still will.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

There was an issue with some of the early runs. There was a bad flash rom on the boards that caused an endless multiball situation during play. There is at least one machine in the Seattle area with this issue. It was covered under service bulletin 163.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb163.pdf
At the time Stern would have replaced the board for free. I doubt that they still will.

Interesting... Thanks... I was thinking of getting one - know of one at a good price, but not in as nice condition as this. Can one address the issue with replacement ROMs or is there more to it, thus the board swap? From the TSB doesn't sound like the affected ROM is socketed.

Anyone know affected serials? Or any other way to know?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know affected serials? Or any other way to know?

Not that I know of.

From what I read, the only way to fix the issue is to replace the bad component either by replacing the chip or the entire board.

#9 8 years ago

*grabs popcorn*

Seriously though, no issues code-wise. There were mechanical issues early on like many Sterns (Ace in the Hole in particular was notorious for screwing up), but those have been ironed out. Game is super deep now from a rules perspective, but is still a lot of fun for casual play too.

#11 8 years ago

I got a very nice Robo war and 1 k in cash I'd trade for that but we are to far away.

#12 8 years ago

DSC03949_(resized).JPGDSC03949_(resized).JPGDSC03952_(resized).JPGDSC03952_(resized).JPGDSC03946_(resized).JPGDSC03946_(resized).JPGDSC03951_(resized).JPGDSC03951_(resized).JPGDSC03950_(resized).JPGDSC03950_(resized).JPGDSC03948_(resized).JPGDSC03948_(resized).JPGDSC03947_(resized).JPGDSC03947_(resized).JPGDSC03944_(resized).JPGDSC03944_(resized).JPGDSC03942_(resized).JPGDSC03942_(resized).JPGDSC03938_(resized).JPGDSC03938_(resized).JPGDSC03941_(resized).JPGDSC03941_(resized).JPGDSC03937_(resized).JPGDSC03937_(resized).JPGDSC03934_(resized).JPGDSC03934_(resized).JPGDSC03936_(resized).JPGDSC03936_(resized).JPG

#13 8 years ago

Didn't know they made a topper. Looks great!

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Didn't know they made a topper. Looks great!

thanks,
I made that, and it also has the tournament topper thing

3 weeks later
#15 8 years ago

Had a few offers, but it's still here. Bump for another round of solid offers.

MIGHT bundle a HUO GOT pro package deal, if anyone is interested...

#16 8 years ago

Can't believe this hasn't sold 30 days later. It's a great pin with great code.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't believe this hasn't sold 30 days later. It's a great pin with great code.

It is a great game, with great code.
I can believe it hasn't. I have not been pushing it too much because I still like it, and my price is high.
The beaters are tough to find, there are not too many this nice, so here is one.

#19 8 years ago

Will consider trades plus cash too,
what have you got?

#21 8 years ago

Mine is nicer but I wouldn't ever sell it Shack

Bump for a very underrated pin

Ritchie
Mostly Keith
And Lyman on the credits

What more do you want?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is nicer but I wouldn't ever sell it Shack
Bump for a very underrated pin
Ritchie
Mostly Keith
And Lyman on the credits
What more do you want?

Totally agree. I'm in the ''something has to give'' mode. Otherwise, I could care less if this sells because it is such a fantastic game.

#23 8 years ago

I'd trade you a BTTF and maybe 200 in cash but too far away. Can't believe this is still available

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I'd trade you a BTTF and maybe 200 in cash but too far away. Can't believe this is still available

Thanks, but have had way too many BTTF's lately, lol.

It is still here. This game is a gem, I wish I could keep it.

#25 8 years ago

Okay, this is back up for sale. Had a pinsider on Long Island lead me on for 3 days with a deposit that never happened.

Back for sale bump!

#28 8 years ago

Lets go for the homerun ball. Price drop to $3100!

#29 8 years ago

You're getting there.

#30 8 years ago

$3100 for CQ, or near-CQ, for this title is a very, very decent price.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Sorry, not knocking on the op, but since when? Did I miss something where these suddenly jumped from low 2's to low 3's in the last year? I mean, it did happen with WH20, but that was because the cost of restoring it is outrageous.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry, not knocking on the op, but since when? Did I miss something where these suddenly jumped from low 2's to low 3's in the last year? I mean, it did happen with WH20, but that was because the cost of restoring it is outrageous.

Take a look at recent sales in the past 6 months .. Sold mine pretty quick at $3k a few weeks back, and it was in a similar condition, although this one is probably just a tad nicer it sounds like if it is indeed CQ. All recent decent WPT's I've seen are $2700-$3200. A quick scan of the marketplace forum for recent WPT's all show them at minimum in the high $2's, and those aren't CQ. I have no skin in the game as I sold mine, so not trying to boost up the price for those silly reasons. This title in excellent condition has been going around $3k for some time now.

#34 8 years ago

Good luck to the seller and here's a free bump.

Quoted from Eryeal:

. Sold mine pretty quick at $3k a few weeks back, and it was in a similar condition,

It sold after 2 months on the market here being listed @ 3200

#35 8 years ago

I don't even think I ever saw a beater one go for low 2's

#36 8 years ago

I'd pay around $2800 but it better have a ColorDMD in it for that price and be in great condition.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'd pay around $2800 but it better have a ColorDMD in it for that price and be in great condition.

You probably won't be getting one anytime soon then.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good luck to the seller and here's a free bump.

It sold after 2 months on the market here being listed @ 3200

Yeah, I saw it on the local Craigslist for quite a while. I'm the one that bought it, the seller budged to $3K for it. It wasn't in collector condition and the cabinet was yellowed (smoke damage). I knew I overpaid but was specifically looking for a WPT at the time and didn't want to risk having to wait months for another to pop up.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I don't even think I ever saw a beater one go for low 2's

They do in Michigan

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive/26453

Quoted from akm:

I knew I overpaid but was specifically looking for a WPT at the time and didn't want to risk having to wait months for another to pop up.

interesting

#40 8 years ago

I just paid 2700 for a nice example, no where near cq but nice...I think It was a fair price...this title is hard to find in this area for less than 3k in worse condition than this one for sale....

#41 8 years ago

I find it pretty amusing that the people who are bitching about the price spikes are the ones trying to find this game too, LOL!

Listen, it's like this. I've been at this game a long time, i've bought and sold hundreds of pinballs and know what's good and what's not.

I've sold games for cheap and literally a few months later, that game has jumped hundreds or thousands, too many times to count actually! That's how it goes.

With that said, WPT is a fairly difficult pin to find when you want it. There are routed examples out there for low 2k's, with playfield issues and worn cabinets, and they don't last. By all means, buy one of those, I won't be offended. This example however, is the nicest I have personally seen.

WPT is unknown territory for a lot of people. The more people that play any good game, the more its value rises and the more time that goes by, the less likely they are to find a really nicely kept one. WPT is a REALLY good game. You just don't know it yet.

#42 8 years ago

Like I alway say, everyone want a beater for the HUO price.

#43 8 years ago

What's really amusing is how much bitching goes on about a nice, well known pin for barely 3 grand while so many others are throwing 8 grand plus at pins they've never touched! As long as it looks cool and has a cool theme TAKE MY MONEY!

The term 'pinheads' definitely fit this hobby!

Good luck with the sale OP!

#44 8 years ago

Price is so reasonable he's got buyers beating down his door

Truth is seller usually prices his games above going rate. Obviously he's in no rush to sell it. His game, his prerogative.

#45 8 years ago

I just pulled my WPT from the market after having a few long evenings on it. I took it in on a trade and never really gave it a chance due to the theme/artwork. Safe to say it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Truth is seller usually prices his games above going rate. Obviously he's in no rush to sell it. His game, his prerogative.

If buyers are beating down the door, the pin would technically be under-priced. I'm honestly surprised that people think $3,100 for a CQ WPT is some sort of a horrendous price. People are making it sound like this pin should be $2500 or less, which in my mind is crazy compared to recent activity.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

This is absolutely not true. Recently, I have been pricing my games above going rate and people have been buying. I have a lot of experience with getting the same titles again, so I know not to be fooled the second time around. Also, the stuff I list for above going rate as of recent, has been really good stuff.

I bend for people A LOT on pricing, rarely I stay firm. I like fair for both parties involved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-poker-tour-stern-2006-huo-mint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.