719DDDE9-4860-45A2-A547-8E1370397B64 (resized).jpeg
PKHole (resized).png
52E1A456-CCFD-4A9A-BC75-29D417990BDA (resized).jpeg
806C1228-AB79-46A7-8C14-DB93BB7EE938 (resized).jpeg
5D014A59-8632-41C6-A095-8EBCE42C93A2 (resized).jpeg
36B8952A-4B6D-4A7F-93A6-DF6367B5A30A (resized).jpeg
2BDDF898-8266-4D74-A4FF-12F73DD25B21 (resized).jpeg
E3C86842-FADD-4D06-A5DE-1C8BC004EDE4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#33 5 years ago

I think there are lots of people entering the hobby looking for the older games and do not want to work on them. They will pay a premium to get something fully restored to like new or better than new. It seems like that part of the market unsettled. If anyone puts the time to totally restore every part of the game they would realize the cost in time alone. What I don't understand is why bash the guy for trying to sell it for what feels it's worth? If it sits for months and never sells, why does it even matter? There could be someone trying to enter the hobby and wants a WCS in like-new condition so they never have to learn how to lift he playfield. I know the whole: money in doesn't equal money out, but can't blame him for trying.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm wondering if some of the "bashers" are actually trying to help out some of the newbies? When I first started I had zero idea of pricing (and still don't really know) but appreciated posters expressing a bad decision. I'm not trying to say this is a bad decision to purchase this machine, only that it falls far out of the norm - in both price and condition. When someone starts into this obsession they need a little guidance, or at least information/counter points.
If someone remembers playing this game as a kid and "has to have it" then they will have it. No amount of bitching, right or wrong, will stop that buyer.
The seller has clearly listed it in the forum for discussion as it stays near the top and gets views. I would find it hard to believe they didn't think it would turn out this way.
I also feel the Price Police are attempting to keep costs down on all used games. The market seems to have taken a sharp rise the past few years (according to posts) so maybe it is more of a preservation than an attack?
Here is the Pinside estimated value, the seller is not even in the ballpark. Of course, when was the last time a WCS94 looked this good?????? Maybe 1994?
Estimated value
$2310 - $2690
Just trying to see things from all views.

Ok start at 2500 then do a full resto and see where you end up.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me this is the unsettled part around here that I always hear. BTW this has nothing to do with the current game for sale but just general musings.
Whom cleared it? If it's john Q p spraying with a can in his yard, how much is his time worth? Because if you're not a pro it's not adding any value...and may be taking it away. Am I paying for the labor of you replacing the rubbers on a game? Because that aint worth much to me. You took out the bulbs and put LEDs in...what LEDs are they? Did you buy a kit that I'm paying for? Or bulk 100s Warm Whites that are pretty cheap?
Anyway, that's just another perspective when people see something like this.

We gotta talk aboot something around here. You know the drill, list it high, price police bump, price defenders bump, game ends up selling or not. It's a forum, there is important information on here is you can mine it....everything else is just people opinions.
Same shit diff'rent day.
TTT!

True. But at least subtle hints and not a full frontal attack. Most people are respectable. Always some that just bash.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I take it you didn't understand my post. It's OK. People are fired up here.

I'm not fired up and certainly did not mean anything. Sorry man. I really don't get tilted by just about anything.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So I agree with big ticket items like if you bought a new PF or you have a Kruzman PF or whatever.
But let's think aboot the answer to this. Lets say a new rubber kit translucent costs $100 (don't know at all just using a number) Now your 2500 game is worth how much? The same, +100 for parts, or +100+ because of time?

Seller can say it's worth 3000 now, and the point is; I can pass on it. Or can bash the guy tell him what I think. Have fun with that.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

From what I have seen lately the best way to get a ton of exposure for a machine you are selling is to set price point high and all the "fools" & "price police" will keep you on page one in the search by talking about to over and over again. At that point you are getting a ton of exposure and more often than not someone will make an offer just from all that exposure.
To me the logical thing to do if something is overpriced is just forget about it and let listing just fade away over time since no one will be talking about it. Then a seller might realize price is too high when their machine doesn't sell.
It is really sad when a post like this gets more action then "PHOF Closing" post does. How about more energy spent helping someone like Tim out and less talk about a $3500 to $4000 machine listed for $6500?
Free Bump! Best of luck getting your machine sold! Correct price is price buyer is willing to pay and seller is willing to accept - not a hard thing to figure out!

I didn't read that whole post, but I thought it was moving to a bigger better spot is all. I also agree. Just pass on by if too high.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The seller posted this as a forum topic. If he just wanted people to pass by, he wouldn't have done that. When you post a sale as a forum topic you you will get feedback good, bad and constructive.

Did you miss his point? Less talk less exposure hurts the seller.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The seller posted this as a forum topic. If he just wanted people to pass by, he wouldn't have done that. When you post a sale as a forum topic you you will get feedback good, bad and constructive.

In other words, bitch all you want but you only help the person out.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yeah, I agree with the other repsonse to this...
You should really think about finding a buyer first, then do the work... especially if you’re looking to get paid for your time.

I guess it all depends on why you are restoring. If your motive to restore is to make money, I would be selective in the title chosen. I personally restore my games so I have a machine that looks and plays great. I also do not have funds to drop on high priced or NIB games, so I take what is available and restore it. Living in Alaska adds it's own challenges as well due to availablility. I am finishing a full resto on a Diner now and I would have to sell it for 3500 to 4000 to justify it in my head. That is the price I would let go of it for, regardless of Pinside stated value. I also do not care what someone else values it at, but I also may not find a buyer. So I restore games for my personal satisfaction and would keep the game in storage before I sold it for less than what is in it. If people do not like it, they can buy their own game and restore it themselves. Don't expect me to sell it for 2k because it is what you want me to sell it at.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-53?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.