719DDDE9-4860-45A2-A547-8E1370397B64 (resized).jpeg
PKHole (resized).png
52E1A456-CCFD-4A9A-BC75-29D417990BDA (resized).jpeg
806C1228-AB79-46A7-8C14-DB93BB7EE938 (resized).jpeg
5D014A59-8632-41C6-A095-8EBCE42C93A2 (resized).jpeg
36B8952A-4B6D-4A7F-93A6-DF6367B5A30A (resized).jpeg
2BDDF898-8266-4D74-A4FF-12F73DD25B21 (resized).jpeg
E3C86842-FADD-4D06-A5DE-1C8BC004EDE4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schmitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: World Cup Soccer

Added: 2018-08-03 17:21:20 UTC • Ended: August 9th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 6,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Cleared playfield
New decals
New plastics
Full Comet leds
Full Titan translucent rubbers
Full chrome/brass package
Led color DMD included but not shown in pictures.

Looking to make room but will entertain trades as well.
High on my list is Fish Tales and Addams Family

Item photos

306862EF-9FB2-4690-ACC4-8C0B32378B5A (resized).jpeg
4E1778F9-26CD-4CB3-AE49-8298944F88BE (resized).jpeg
D9E68672-A6BC-40E2-A078-C77F4FEB468B (resized).jpeg
C4456ED7-6BC3-47EE-A5DC-0226CC9531B8 (resized).jpeg
E972A71C-2E8C-4A56-BCC4-3C101CA1BA32 (resized).jpeg
70B49613-2CAE-4DF2-805B-70C2F93DC265 (resized).jpeg
14848A89-AE41-4F8D-A3FF-732EFD7FCD75 (resized).jpeg
AA40DB87-7785-4FDB-B68C-A89DC00870EA (resized).jpeg
002B79F0-DA4B-4038-8605-BBAA81F09B07 (resized).jpeg
3ADBDADF-67C6-4350-858E-0F405925CA63 (resized).jpeg
AD148C7E-857F-47E7-80D1-EE1353C098CE (resized).jpeg
1CC8C4C3-1672-4232-8CB2-332C167152F1 (resized).jpeg
F6BD6865-C0B8-46B5-9C18-155A312CCD1E (resized).jpeg
06D1E056-8A40-40AA-90BD-D291C6784485 (resized).jpeg
47EDF904-7819-45CE-A509-529B58154713 (resized).jpeg
9B53FAB0-5E7D-4F32-BD59-CCA722A17604 (resized).jpeg
5064465C-C821-48EA-8E94-F25E2B58FA1B (resized).jpeg
D1C0F184-AAD5-4617-A987-0444C034C600 (resized).jpeg
E3C86842-FADD-4D06-A5DE-1C8BC004EDE4 (resized).jpeg
2BDDF898-8266-4D74-A4FF-12F73DD25B21 (resized).jpeg
36B8952A-4B6D-4A7F-93A6-DF6367B5A30A (resized).jpeg
5D014A59-8632-41C6-A095-8EBCE42C93A2 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Schmitty's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Schmitty's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Evansville, IN, US

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Beautiful example. GLWS

Thank you pickleric! Endless hours went into this one.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Price police showing up in 3..2..1..
Looks fab tho! Good luck!

I know they are just around the corner....odd that I don’t hear any sirens yet...

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'll be the price Police. For how much you are asking for that game you'd think you could include at least one good picture of the playfield?

I know I know....I’ll update this evening....

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You rang?
[quoted image]

Oh no he showed up again

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Brand new monster bash any Stern premium or this?

I’ll take one as well...I’ll paypal money now....is your PayPal still [email protected]? Chrome trim please.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I’ll take one as well...I’ll paypal money now....is your PayPal still [email protected]? Chrome trim please.
No that email was taken. But [email protected] is available.

Lol....all fun and games until someone’s feelings get hurt

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just curious, for someone that wants a nib experience, loves this game and doesn't have the time or experience to do a restore themselves, why are they considered a sucker for buying this?

Someone please elaborate on this.....

#46 5 years ago

Sorry fellas.....I’m working and it’s hard to keep up...lol will be a bit more interactive when I get off work in an hour or so and will respond to some of these questions

#53 5 years ago

Ok.....first and foremost let’s address my downvote from “Collin” in Columbus OH....he has zero comments in the forum what’s up with that? Please explain!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So I agree with big ticket items like if you bought a new PF or you have a Kruzman PF or whatever.
But let's think aboot the answer to this. Lets say a new rubber kit translucent costs $100 (don't know at all just using a number) Now your 2500 game is worth how much? The same, +100 for parts, or +100+ because of time?

I wouldn’t consider putting new rubbers on a huge ordeal....was just stating what kind I used.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think you're clicking in the wrong area...Colin has been around a long time with many a post.

Maybe so but why downvote a post without a single comment?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There was a lot of talk when the up/down vote was implemented here that it would remove some of the negative posting by just being able to say you disagree with something and move on. Maybe he doesn't like your price, or the fact you have no PF pics.

Yeah I agree....he has the right to do so I guess....I’ll move on in life

#63 5 years ago

Playfield pictures posted.....carry on

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Didn't even put cliffys on it. Cheapskate!
*edit* Yeah, I'm aware that some people say Cliffys are just to cover damage not to prevent it in the first place.
Also, those people are dinks.

Cliffys are included just didn’t see the need.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Some of the ramp decals are peeling and/or misaligned. Cheap and easy to improve but ramps gotta come out again... probably not even noticed when playing.
I seriously would have been a buyer for a WCS like this a few years back. Certainly would push more for $4999.99 range but I can see where it’s gotten lots of love.
Also looks much better with that color DMD!

I have a set of ramp decals I could throw in....honestly I was waiting on new ramps to burn those decals up...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just remembered when Koz laid out the goddamn sickest actual HUO WCS in 2012 for 4K. Man that was crazy
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-huo-world-cup-soccer-94-bally-more-pics-added

What would that sell for now days?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/health/condom-cdc-reuse-tweet-trnd/index.html
What is wrong with used rubbers?
Aren't they all dishwasher or microwave safe?
GLWS, looks really nice.
Wish I could find new ramps. Also is that a new cabinet? Looks like it.

All original...just refurbed

#97 5 years ago

I do appreciate all of the time and effort for everyone’s feedback. I’m an honest guy and not trying to “sucker” someone in to an expensive purchase. I have all my receipts for what was put into this pin and totals upwards of $6000. If it doesn’t find a new home I’ll keep it in my collection and move something else...Its really that simple. If I wasn’t looking for feedback I wouldn’t have opened it up to discussion in forum and just hide behind the wall if I had something to hide.
Warm regards, Jason

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Jason,
Don't take post here to heart - after all you are on Pinside and it should pretty much be expected with this crowd. I don't know that you will find a customer at anywhere near close to your asking price but only time will tell on that. What I do know from looking at your past sales & other for sale listings is typically your prices are not that far out of line.
Sometimes we get into a machine "too deep" and pretty much get so much invested in it that no one would ever pay that price. Anyone that has had several machines knows exactly what I am talking about and personally I am currently heading down that path with a Bride of Pin-Bot. The bottom line when this happens we have to do one of three things: first is ask a "crazy price" and hope someone else will love the machine as much as we did, second - suck it up and take a loss just to move on to something else, or lastly just keep the machine.
Anyway - good luck getting it sold and don't worry too much about the "price police" - they are just busy keeping your machine on page one of the forum for you.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement! When I dive in it’s all or nothing....just the way I am. Yes I’m fine with keeping the machine. It’s still a blast to play. Nothing here on pinside hurts my feeling although I do take feedback and apply it in the direction I believe it should go. I’ve “referbushed” (I don’t like the word restore....that’s for people like HEP) three machines and everyone that has bought them was extremely satisfied.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sounds to me like you overpaid for a players JM. Thus, wouldn’t surprise me that you’re ok losing money on it when you get rid of it.
The fact is, some of us like money enough to try not and lose it when possible. Sure it’s a hobby but if I’m buying a machine with 1200 dollars worth of chrome and brass alone, I expect to pay for it. I’m not the guy who says “Well WCS is a 3k game so all the money you’ve put into it is a wash”. You guys are really aren’t like that are you? Hoping it’s just the forum talking haha.
This ad seems pretty clear cut to me. If you want a wcs redone with nice shit and don’t want to do the labor yourself this is the machine for you. If you want a players WCS without nice shit or to add stuff later on your own dime and time, wait for a 3k one to pop up, they seem to be easily had.

I couldn’t agree anymore....this one isn’t for the majority.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

TL;DR: I tell my story of how I bought a JM at a premium price, put a lot of money into it, and don't expect to sell at a premium price. As for this WCS, It's still a B-level game at about $4000+ premium price.
My two wooden nickels:
I purchased a JM for a premium price. For the price and the description I was given, I thought it would be a nearly plug and play machine.
1. It gets here with loose nuts, bolts, screws, and fuses in the cabinet bouncing all around.
2. Ground prong cut off the plug.
3. Both ramps have cracks in them where the ball zooms around the loops, and I think the Cliffys will just barely cover them once they come in (prolly looking at a 3 month backlog waiting on those).
4. Bulbs burnt out underneath the PF.
5. Hand has some "skips and stutters".
6. Legs have surface rust all over them (insides of the legs), and the stabilizers are so rusted I almost had to get vice grips outo just to properly level the machine.
7. U20 chip just happens to go bad the very first weekend it is home.
8. Slingshot switches so out of the adjustment the right slingshot nearly goes into "machine gun" mode.
9. Spinner needs new decals.
10. Diverter in the back has scratched the PF due to the nyliner being worn down.
11. Translite damage over the main title of the game.
12. High voltage switch was out of adjustment so game was stuck in constant "coin door open" mode even with it fully shut.
13. Rear left leg bracket was stripped.
And that's just what I found before I left for my assignment here at Point Mugu Naval Air Station. Before I left, I had already installed a new/used translite, swapped out U20, properly adjusted the slingshot switches, done a full LED conversion, installed a new power plug, used bicycle chain grease to lube the Y-rod of the hand - minimizing the skips and stutters, swapped out the rear left leg bracket, and adjusted the high voltage switch. I got the game to where it was at least playable and 100% functional so my family can enjoy it while I am away.
That was a full solid weekend of work and effort. I haven't even got into shop jobs, quickly adding the Cliffys when they come in, taking apart the diverter and putting new parts on it so it stops gouging the playfield, swapping all 4 legs with new ones plus all new hardware for each, or rebuilding the hand when it's time.
I think I have about $200-$300 in parts waiting for me when I get home, and I know I have more to order as I sit here in my hotel room.
I paid a premium price for this game, and look at all the work I am putting into it. Adding a ColorDMD down the road, with all the things I have already mentioned above, do I think I am going to get all my money back in parts, time, and effort? Should I try to sell my JM for $4000+ ?
Absolutely not. You know why? This is a hobby. It's not stocks and bonds. It's not Vegas. It's not a 401K where I expect to yield profit over time.
It's a HOBBY, and the last thing I expect to happen in a hobby is for me to recoup everything I invested into this game. I expect to lose money, pass a nice game onto someone else, and not look in the rear-view mirror about it. It's that simple.
Now, addressing the OP: your game looks the part. When you start talking this level of money, you have two things working against you:
1. Ramps are not brand spanking new.
2. PF has minimal defects (read: it's not a new PF).
Without those two, unless you have someone approach you that wants a WCS this decked out and nice, it is staying in your collection. Pretty simple.
This and that T2 for like $7000 are both examples of games where some incredible love and effort were poured in, and at the end of the day, they are both still B-level games - no matter how much money is thrown into them - just like my JM.

If new ramps was available they would be on there....as stated in other post I have new decals awaiting.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There are two things I love about pinball - pinside and SDTM. I even listened to an old SDTM video with the OP talking about his collection. Seems like a really nice guy. People that know me well understand I'm a straight shooter and I also sell games that don't click. I've made money on some, lost money on many (see my TnA ad), etc. B/c the OP is asking for opinions per his own feedback - well here is mine.
6500 for this is insane. I almost think the OP knows this too. I love Zach but this argument of paying someone else to do it for you - well you can find a super nice WCS for 4k and maybe tweak a few things and be at 5k MOST............6.5k? whaaaaaaat. Zach - not the pony to back on this one.
This isn't a knock or dig on the OP - I think he knows this is the case. I've always said - market proves out in the end so this will all be figured out but OP is asking for input so here is mine (right or wrong - IMO).

Delt31 I sincerely respect your input and thank you for supporting SDTM! Here is my input.
I bought this machine as a nice players game @$3100. I tore it down to bare nothing and built it back up from scratch to make it a one of a kind “I’ve never seen one this nice” kind of WCS. I didn’t take any shortcuts along the way doing everything correctly per a seasoned restorer. I’m at 6k plus whatever I left out and forgot about. If it doesn’t sell it’s fine but for my asking price I believe it very fair to someone looking to have a refinished machine. To the tone of taking a 4K machine and tweaking it.....only changes would be no decals. You’d be over the 5k mark with just the plating. Needless to say if it stays it’s fine I’ll continue to play my crusty WCS.

Warm regards, Jason

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah but who did the work?

Some no name I believe his name was Schmitty

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

This thread has officially been shitted...
That said, I just finished a full shop out on a WCS that I picked up last week from the original owner who bought it nib in 1996. The gentlemen was an enthusiast, but never really cared about the machine, so it had admittedly never been cleaned or waxed during it's stay with him.
I did a full led upgrade, re-sleeved every coil, fully tore down the upper play field and cleaned/polished/waxed/re-rubbered everything, rebuilt the flipper mechs, and cleaned up the under side. With all the ramps and gizmos everywhere, this one took some time. It came out really nice. Pf is a solid 9 (seriously) and the cab is perfect and unfaded. I'm not sure I would let it go for $3,500, but if someone offered me $4,500, it'd be gone! It's all relative I guess.
GLWS op.

I don’t think it has gone to shit just yet...still some great talk left. Thanks for your great story on your new pickup. Sounds like the going rate for a super nice WCS is $4500

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ill go ahead and say it.....Baywatch was a much better deal !

Yes Baywatch only had 600 plays....I’m sure this exceeds that.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Nah, I think you mixed that up with a BSD.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm exactly the same way. I don't mind paying someone to get a brand new playfield and install it for me, to re-stencil a cabinet, to take all the boards out and service them for me, etc. I don't have either the know how or the time to do it myself so I'm fine with paying someone, just like paying for any other service or convenience.
And yet somehow that makes me a "sucker". Apparently playing for someone's work and labor makes people a sucker, because I'm apparently suppose to sacrifice my days, weekends or whatever trying to figure out how to do this all myself. This is what I just don't understand, and this comes up on these for sale posts all the damn time here. Why? The people that keep calling us suckers, do you never pay anyone for anything ever? Do you never pay for labor? Do you have legions of slaves working for you for free?
That's why I asked someone to explain why I am a sucker for paying someone else's time, skill and labor to do a job for me. I'm not trying to be an ornery ass, I really truly and honestly just don't get it, why this keeps coming up again and again and again here in for sale posts.

If anyone knows of someone that would do all the work I’ve put into this WCS for $500 let me know....I’ll send every one of my machine to them.

#140 5 years ago

Yes...some people just don’t understand....mostly flippers looking for a deal to profit....if there isn’t any meat on the bones the get pissy....just the way it is.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schmitty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-53?tu=Schmitty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.