719DDDE9-4860-45A2-A547-8E1370397B64 (resized).jpeg
PKHole (resized).png
52E1A456-CCFD-4A9A-BC75-29D417990BDA (resized).jpeg
806C1228-AB79-46A7-8C14-DB93BB7EE938 (resized).jpeg
5D014A59-8632-41C6-A095-8EBCE42C93A2 (resized).jpeg
36B8952A-4B6D-4A7F-93A6-DF6367B5A30A (resized).jpeg
2BDDF898-8266-4D74-A4FF-12F73DD25B21 (resized).jpeg
E3C86842-FADD-4D06-A5DE-1C8BC004EDE4 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Meanwhile you guys list a HEP job for price plus. See it all the time around here. Carry on my wayward sons...

#52 5 years ago

Having seen and played it in person, I can say it is absolutely gorgeous and plays like a dream

#53 5 years ago

Ok.....first and foremost let’s address my downvote from “Collin” in Columbus OH....he has zero comments in the forum what’s up with that? Please explain!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

For all of the people bitching go find a cheaper highly restored WCS. We do not have close ups of the playfield yet but if its quality work you certainly are not going to be able to get one restored to this level cheaper then the asking price. I get that most people do not want a restored wcs but a few will and it will only takes 1 buyer.
There's also nothing wrong with trying to recoup part of your money and time spent on a restore. Yes some Joe blow putting on super bands isn't worth anything, but a skilled person doing a full restore certainly is.

Again, what is your definition of a "full restore" and does this pin fit into that category?

#55 5 years ago

Me watching the comments

7F60A92A-8E3C-4E85-AED2-B2A45BABD9BA (resized).jpeg7F60A92A-8E3C-4E85-AED2-B2A45BABD9BA (resized).jpeg
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Ok.....first and foremost let’s address my downvote from “Collin” in Columbus OH....he has zero comments in the forum what’s up with that? Please explain!

Think you're clicking in the wrong area...Colin has been around a long time with many a post.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So I agree with big ticket items like if you bought a new PF or you have a Kruzman PF or whatever.
But let's think aboot the answer to this. Lets say a new rubber kit translucent costs $100 (don't know at all just using a number) Now your 2500 game is worth how much? The same, +100 for parts, or +100+ because of time?

I wouldn’t consider putting new rubbers on a huge ordeal....was just stating what kind I used.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

I wouldn’t consider putting new rubbers on a huge ordeal....was just stating what kind I used.

Absolutely. As I originally stated I wasn't trying to say anything aboot your description or post, just sales jargon in general.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think you're clicking in the wrong area...Colin has been around a long time with many a post.

Maybe so but why downvote a post without a single comment?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Again, what is your definition of a "full restore" and does this pin fit into that category?

Full cabinet and playfield restore with everything that is not perfect replaced or refurbished to as close to like new as possible.

Looks like it fits that category to me but I'd need a lot more pics to say for sure the quality of it. What about it makes you think it's not a "full restore"

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Maybe so but why downvote a post without a single comment?

There was a lot of talk when the up/down vote was implemented here that it would remove some of the negative posting by just being able to say you disagree with something and move on. Maybe he doesn't like your price, or the fact you have no PF pics.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There was a lot of talk when the up/down vote was implemented here that it would remove some of the negative posting by just being able to say you disagree with something and move on. Maybe he doesn't like your price, or the fact you have no PF pics.

Yeah I agree....he has the right to do so I guess....I’ll move on in life

#63 5 years ago

Playfield pictures posted.....carry on

#64 5 years ago

Didn't even put cliffys on it. Cheapskate!

*edit* Yeah, I'm aware that some people say Cliffys are just to cover damage not to prevent it in the first place.

Also, those people are dinks.

#65 5 years ago

Looks Imamaculate!! Like new

806C1228-AB79-46A7-8C14-DB93BB7EE938 (resized).jpeg806C1228-AB79-46A7-8C14-DB93BB7EE938 (resized).jpeg

#66 5 years ago

Some of the ramp decals are peeling and/or misaligned. Cheap and easy to improve but ramps gotta come out again... probably not even noticed when playing.

I seriously would have been a buyer for a WCS like this a few years back. Certainly would push more for $4999.99 range but I can see where it’s gotten lots of love.

Also looks much better with that color DMD!

#67 5 years ago

Wait a second this isn't Kill Bill

#68 5 years ago

He did put OBO in the asking price. I heard you could ask for 30 to 40 percent off! No response from the seller....QQ to pinside.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Didn't even put cliffys on it. Cheapskate!
*edit* Yeah, I'm aware that some people say Cliffys are just to cover damage not to prevent it in the first place.
Also, those people are dinks.

Cliffys are included just didn’t see the need.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Some of the ramp decals are peeling and/or misaligned. Cheap and easy to improve but ramps gotta come out again... probably not even noticed when playing.
I seriously would have been a buyer for a WCS like this a few years back. Certainly would push more for $4999.99 range but I can see where it’s gotten lots of love.
Also looks much better with that color DMD!

I have a set of ramp decals I could throw in....honestly I was waiting on new ramps to burn those decals up...

#71 5 years ago

Ohhhhh I can’t wait to discuss this on the show!!!!!!!
Great pin by the way. Played it and it fantastic. Looks great! Schmitty is doing some amazing work with pins.

#72 5 years ago

The price is whatever... The real question is if there is a game that CAN'T be restored to this level and sell for $6500? I mean, for what you are getting, I would rather spend over 6 grand on a better game but hey, if this is someone's all time favorite or they want a great example of the game, it doesn't matter what you price it at. It sells or it doesn't.

In all honesty, PPP (Pinside price police) are only for unrestored games made prior to 1990.

#73 5 years ago

Seriously

#74 5 years ago

I might've sold my Mint HUO WCS a bit too early. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-28

Though Schmittys is a beauty as well and the chrome and Color Dmd look oh so good

#75 5 years ago

Just remembered when Koz laid out the goddamn sickest actual HUO WCS in 2012 for 4K. Man that was crazy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-huo-world-cup-soccer-94-bally-more-pics-added

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just remembered when Koz laid out the goddamn sickest actual HUO WCS in 2012 for 4K. Man that was crazy
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-huo-world-cup-soccer-94-bally-more-pics-added

I don't remember....oh yeah I'm newbie.

#77 5 years ago

Did I say it wasn’t? I just asked the question. At a $6500 asking price, my opinion is it should have brand new everything including PF.

Do you have some financial interest in this pin as well? Confused why you are getting a bit defensive about people wanting more information and questioning the price.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Did I say it wasn’t? I just asked the question. At a $6500 asking price, my opinion is it should have brand new everything including PF.
Do you have some financial interest in this pin as well? Confused why you are getting a bit defensive about people wanting more information and questioning the price.

What are you talking about? You directly replied to me asking if this fits the category of a full restore. That was obviously you implying that it doesn't in your mind which is fine. Everyone has a different opinion on how far a full restore should go. I replied back that on the surface it certainly seems to be a full restore. I stated numerous times that more detailed pics were needed for someone to determine if the quality of the restore meets their personal expectations. I don't know Schmitty, have never seen this game, and have never seen any of his prior work. Doesn't matter to me if it sells for $1 or $6500.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What would that sell for now days?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Still not $6500

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/health/condom-cdc-reuse-tweet-trnd/index.html

What is wrong with used rubbers?
Aren't they all dishwasher or microwave safe?

GLWS, looks really nice.

Wish I could find new ramps. Also is that a new cabinet? Looks like it.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Maybe the same as it did in 2012. Hard to say. Today, people have so many options for spending their pinball money. So many new companies and games. We may also be reaching a point where the older Williams/Bally games just aren't in that big a demand anymore.

Yours is certainly a beautiful game.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Probably 4k because that's what mine sold for recently and if you look at it the my WCS was yes an actual HUO goodie bag still stapled in that was as fresh as a NIB

#84 5 years ago

At $6500, a guy has to consider what else he gets for that money. $6500 gets a very nice HUO Stern Premium or an original AFM. That is what I, as a huge fan of WCS, would have to consider. Also knowing that I could pick up a really nice WCS later for low to mid-3000s, tops. Would probably find one for under 3000 at some point too.

52E1A456-CCFD-4A9A-BC75-29D417990BDA (resized).jpeg52E1A456-CCFD-4A9A-BC75-29D417990BDA (resized).jpeg
#85 5 years ago

I will respectfully add that if a restorer isn't a well known name like HEP then a seller has to add a full picture set of the entire restoration process for people to see. Without that there is no way to know how much work has actually been done to a game or whether or not a premium price is justified. If that is included in a for sale post then the price police don't have a chance.

#86 5 years ago

There seems to be some major cognitive dissonance going on to say that this price is out of whack if you’re willing to pay what Stern charges for a new “premium” these days. I think that this WCS presents more value, to be honest. Overall, I think that it speaks to how out of control things have become.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/health/condom-cdc-reuse-tweet-trnd/index.html
What is wrong with used rubbers?
Aren't they all dishwasher or microwave safe?
GLWS, looks really nice.
Wish I could find new ramps. Also is that a new cabinet? Looks like it.

All original...just refurbed

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

There seems to be some major cognitive dissonance going on to say that this price is out of whack if you’re willing to pay what Stern charges for a new “premium” these days. I think that this WCS presents more value, to be honest.

?

How so?

#89 5 years ago

The playfield touchup bleeding into the penalty kick hole doesn't scream $6,500 to me. But if the seller can get anything close to that good for him.
PKHole (resized).pngPKHole (resized).png

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

4K?

#91 5 years ago

From what I have seen lately the best way to get a ton of exposure for a machine you are selling is to set price point high and all the "fools" & "price police" will keep you on page one in the search by talking about to over and over again. At that point you are getting a ton of exposure and more often than not someone will make an offer just from all that exposure.

To me the logical thing to do if something is overpriced is just forget about it and let listing just fade away over time since no one will be talking about it. Then a seller might realize price is too high when their machine doesn't sell.

It is really sad when a post like this gets more action then "PHOF Closing" post does. How about more energy spent helping someone like Tim out and less talk about a $3500 to $4000 machine listed for $6500?

Free Bump! Best of luck getting your machine sold! Correct price is price buyer is willing to pay and seller is willing to accept - not a hard thing to figure out!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

From what I have seen lately the best way to get a ton of exposure for a machine you are selling is to set price point high and all the "fools" & "price police" will keep you on page one in the search by talking about to over and over again. At that point you are getting a ton of exposure and more often than not someone will make an offer just from all that exposure.
To me the logical thing to do if something is overpriced is just forget about it and let listing just fade away over time since no one will be talking about it. Then a seller might realize price is too high when their machine doesn't sell.
It is really sad when a post like this gets more action then "PHOF Closing" post does. How about more energy spent helping someone like Tim out and less talk about a $3500 to $4000 machine listed for $6500?
Free Bump! Best of luck getting your machine sold! Correct price is price buyer is willing to pay and seller is willing to accept - not a hard thing to figure out!

I didn't read that whole post, but I thought it was moving to a bigger better spot is all. I also agree. Just pass on by if too high.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I didn't read that whole post, but I thought it was moving to a bigger better spot is all. I also agree. Just pass on by if too high.

The seller posted this as a forum topic. If he just wanted people to pass by, he wouldn't have done that. When you post a sale as a forum topic you you will get feedback good, bad and constructive.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The seller posted this as a forum topic. If he just wanted people to pass by, he wouldn't have done that. When you post a sale as a forum topic you you will get feedback good, bad and constructive.

Did you miss his point? Less talk less exposure hurts the seller.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In other words, bitch all you want but you only help the person out.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Did you miss his point? Less talk less exposure hurts the seller.

No I get it. Thats why I post all my for sale ads as forum topics. I was responding to those that say just move along and don't say a word when you see a $6500 World Cup Soccer.

#97 5 years ago

I do appreciate all of the time and effort for everyone’s feedback. I’m an honest guy and not trying to “sucker” someone in to an expensive purchase. I have all my receipts for what was put into this pin and totals upwards of $6000. If it doesn’t find a new home I’ll keep it in my collection and move something else...Its really that simple. If I wasn’t looking for feedback I wouldn’t have opened it up to discussion in forum and just hide behind the wall if I had something to hide.
Warm regards, Jason

#98 5 years ago

Jason,

Don't take post here to heart - after all you are on Pinside and it should pretty much be expected with this crowd. I don't know that you will find a customer at anywhere near close to your asking price but only time will tell on that. What I do know from looking at your past sales & other for sale listings is typically your prices are not that far out of line.

Sometimes we get into a machine "too deep" and pretty much get so much invested in it that no one would ever pay that price. Anyone that has had several machines knows exactly what I am talking about and personally I am currently heading down that path with a Bride of Pin-Bot. The bottom line when this happens we have to do one of three things: first is ask a "crazy price" and hope someone else will love the machine as much as we did, second - suck it up and take a loss just to move on to something else, or lastly just keep the machine.

Anyway - good luck getting it sold and don't worry too much about the "price police" - they are just busy keeping your machine on page one of the forum for you.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Jason,
Don't take post here to heart - after all you are on Pinside and it should pretty much be expected with this crowd. I don't know that you will find a customer at anywhere near close to your asking price but only time will tell on that. What I do know from looking at your past sales & other for sale listings is typically your prices are not that far out of line.
Sometimes we get into a machine "too deep" and pretty much get so much invested in it that no one would ever pay that price. Anyone that has had several machines knows exactly what I am talking about and personally I am currently heading down that path with a Bride of Pin-Bot. The bottom line when this happens we have to do one of three things: first is ask a "crazy price" and hope someone else will love the machine as much as we did, second - suck it up and take a loss just to move on to something else, or lastly just keep the machine.
Anyway - good luck getting it sold and don't worry too much about the "price police" - they are just busy keeping your machine on page one of the forum for you.

Well said. Fear of getting in too deep has caused me not to buy stuff recently for my games.

#100 5 years ago

Ad up for less then 24 hours and already 100 post about your machine - talk about staying on page one. I listed 4 machines a couple weeks ago (just slightly above current market value) and I didn't get more than a couple comments about any of them. Now the only way people know they are for sale is to go into the marketplace and search that title.

Next time I list something I know what I am doing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-53/page/2?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.