(Topic ID: 262281)

For sale: World Cup (Is it priced too high?)

By Bugsy

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bugsy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1442941257438 (resized).jpg
1442533717363 (resized).jpg
00x0x_qU8OWB729r_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00U0U_8rK3bCUyND2_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00q0q_8W28u7puQ7i_1200x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bugsy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: World Cup (Is it priced too high?)

Added: 2020-02-18 17:48:30 UTC • Ended: July 30th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 800 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

For sale is a working Williams World Cup pinball machine (1978). Overall it's in really good shape and plays without any errors.

Playfield
There are a few slight spots of wear by the kickouts, but other than that, there isn't much else wrong with the playfield. I've seen a few World Cups with lots of wear in the center of the playfield where the goalie is, but this one is really nice and clean.

Boards
When I got the game there was just a slight bit of alkaline damage from the battery but it was cleaned and neutralized so no more battery "acid". The batteries that are on it have always been changed regularly to avoid any potential acid damage. The 40 pin "interconnect" connectors have also been replaced, both male and female sides (see picture).

Cabinet
The cab was repainted white which really makes it pop. Many of these World Cups have yellowed over time, so I repainted it white to make it look new again. The rails and legs were also painted red for personal preference.

Backglass
The backglass is probably the least impressive part of the game, but it's still a decent backglass for this title. There is some cracking but I've seen much worse on this title. Just take a look at the pictures, they can speak for themselves.

Overall I'd say this is a really nice game in really nice condition. It's been cleaned, had rubbers replaced, had burnt out bulbs replaced, etc. This is not a project game, take it home, plug it in, and play. Come see it for yourself. $800 obo.

Item photos

IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Bugsy's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Bugsy's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Austin, TX, US

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words and pics. It’s a fun game when you get the bonus multiplier maxed and you try to score goals.

#4 4 years ago

Bump, open to offers

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

Price drop to $800

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bugsy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-is-it-priced-too-high?tu=Bugsy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.