(Topic ID: 293824)

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

By Noma2017

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Noma2017
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
B325051D-8761-40FA-94E5-48CEAA50D77A (resized).jpeg
45794BC9-14D4-4E9F-83F6-29A82807BD95 (resized).jpeg
DC622458-1EB7-4545-8CCB-8EBDFDC95513 (resized).jpeg
FFC112F5-900C-4A91-A621-FFE65E5DF4F8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210522-120728_Chrome (resized).jpg
B8DA7088-959A-483C-8A98-521997EF9757 (resized).jpeg
bingo (resized).jpg
Paypal invoice (resized).png
7201EC55-5BAE-4F0F-A6BE-87D9F15E960C (resized).png
pasted_image.gif
0BD9C7DB-E379-495F-A74E-BD5D93E0BD17 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1896 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1895 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1902 (resized).jpg
IMG_1901 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#9 2 years ago

Yeah but Tron Le’s are worth 25k now.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The one you're referring to didn't actually sell for $19k, looks like the seller just paid the fee to save pride/face and claim it sold for his insane price. Every other WOZ YBR sold for about $10k or less - their value didn't magically double in the last 2 months.

Sure they did. Just like Tron LEs are 25 k now. What a crock of shit.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

At the end of the day Yellow Brick Road version of WOZ is selling for the most money, that speaks volumes. That doesn't mean its for everyone, nor does it mean its worth what someone might pay, it just means out of all the version YBR is worth the most money. This despite missing the Monkey Mech. Delt slammed the game and falsely said the game has fewer features than the other version. Yes the game is missing the Monkey but its filled with a ton of cool extra's not found on the other versions of the game. I also pointed correctly that YBR is also by far the most reliably version with the 2.0 light board system and their most updated operating system.
I also think traditional pinball buyers need to understand there is a new buyer... they might be buying the games for the ART itself. Is there better artwork on any game than WOZ, plus its radcal. WOZ machines look amazing simply amazing, and some buyers are snatching them up for the art alone. If you're some buyer who pays 100k for some art, paying 18k for this artistic masterpiece is nothing.
Its a different pinball world today... you have the tournament players, collectors, and people who just by them as conversation pieces. I do a lot of theming projects and if you have a HIGH END basement that might have a lot of fine art, stone bars, wine cellar, or who knows what wouldn't a couple very art heavy pinballs look amazing there? There are just a lot of different buyers in the game now all looking at these for different reasons... YBR art packages is stunning and you can't buy a new one right now. I can see why a buyer would pay 18k, and I can see why a pinball player thinks that's crazy. Not worthy of downvotes and I stand by that 110%.

Gimme a break. This is such a load of garbage. People buying games for the art itself?? Way to price pump. I’m not buying it.
The monkey mech is a big deal.
This whole new buyer stuff is silly. Stop.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It’s clear that some people buy these games and don’t play them (any pinball that is, otherwise how are there so many great games for sale with 200 plays). So I don’t think it’s far fetched at all for somebody to buy a game for artwork. As much as I love playing my good shooters, I bought the Hobbit for artwork (and I like the IP). Not trying to debate for the sake of debating but I definitely believe some people buy pinball for artwork.

first of all 200 plays on a game when you own a dozen to 30 games is quite a few plays. Also, when a game blows, it’s very easy for it to collect dust and stop getting play time. Neither reasons being that a game was purchased for art. With that said, the amount of people buying 10k games for their artwork strictly to treat it as a piece of art is minuscule.
I’m guessing you’re the one person that bought a Hobbit to look at it as a piece of art.
I’ve owned a Hobbit and that’s about all it was good for imo. Lol.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I was pleasantly surprised with Hobbit, I actually play it when I just want to bang the ball around in a low stress manner, its a very easy and relaxing game. I literally bought it because I liked the art and the content/IP. The game is absolutely gorgeous if you like gold dragons, and who doesn't like gold dragons? Agree to disagree on art. I do agree it's much harder to put games on machines when you have 12 vs 3, but at least in my experience, when I buy a game that has low plays, it takes about 30 mins to beat the existing GC score, so possible they bought it for the art? lol

Or the person works long long hours and simply doesn’t always have time for pinball. Or both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le-5?tu=kklank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.