(Topic ID: 293824)

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

By Noma2017

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Noma2017
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
B325051D-8761-40FA-94E5-48CEAA50D77A (resized).jpeg
45794BC9-14D4-4E9F-83F6-29A82807BD95 (resized).jpeg
DC622458-1EB7-4545-8CCB-8EBDFDC95513 (resized).jpeg
FFC112F5-900C-4A91-A621-FFE65E5DF4F8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210522-120728_Chrome (resized).jpg
B8DA7088-959A-483C-8A98-521997EF9757 (resized).jpeg
bingo (resized).jpg
Paypal invoice (resized).png
7201EC55-5BAE-4F0F-A6BE-87D9F15E960C (resized).png
pasted_image.gif
0BD9C7DB-E379-495F-A74E-BD5D93E0BD17 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1896 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1895 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1902 (resized).jpg
IMG_1901 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Gimme a break. This is such a load of garbage. People buying games for the art itself?? Way to price pump. I’m not buying it.
The monkey mech is a big deal.
This whole new buyer stuff is silly. Stop.

It’s clear that some people buy these games and don’t play them (any pinball that is, otherwise how are there so many great games for sale with 200 plays). So I don’t think it’s far fetched at all for somebody to buy a game for artwork. As much as I love playing my good shooters, I bought the Hobbit for artwork (and I like the IP). Not trying to debate for the sake of debating but I definitely believe some people buy pinball for artwork.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Why would anyone take anybody's opinion on here as a deciding factor in how to spend their money or what they like?

Really? Either you are fairly new around here or not paying attn to the 1000 post of people asking others what to buy and like.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It’s clear that some people buy these games and don’t play them (any pinball that is, otherwise how are there so many great games for sale with 200 plays). So I don’t think it’s far fetched at all for somebody to buy a game for artwork. As much as I love playing my good shooters, I bought the Hobbit for artwork (and I like the IP). Not trying to debate for the sake of debating but I definitely believe some people buy pinball for artwork.

first of all 200 plays on a game when you own a dozen to 30 games is quite a few plays. Also, when a game blows, it’s very easy for it to collect dust and stop getting play time. Neither reasons being that a game was purchased for art. With that said, the amount of people buying 10k games for their artwork strictly to treat it as a piece of art is minuscule.
I’m guessing you’re the one person that bought a Hobbit to look at it as a piece of art.
I’ve owned a Hobbit and that’s about all it was good for imo. Lol.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Really? Either you are fairly new around here or not paying attn to the 1000 post of people asking others what to buy and like.

Correct your opinion matters nothing to my decisions as does everyone else’s

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

first of all 200 plays on a game when you own a dozen to 30 games is quite a few plays. Also, when a game blows, it’s very easy for it to collect dust and stop getting play time. Neither reasons being that a game was purchased for art. With that said, the amount of people buying 10k games for their artwork strictly to treat it as a piece of art is minuscule.
I’m guessing you’re the one person that bought a Hobbit to look at it as a piece of art.

Robby count up the games played in the last six months on your 30 games. Hobbit rocks.

#107 2 years ago

Art museum of the future...bump

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
#108 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I was pleasantly surprised with Hobbit, I actually play it when I just want to bang the ball around in a low stress manner, its a very easy and relaxing game. I literally bought it because I liked the art and the content/IP. The game is absolutely gorgeous if you like gold dragons, and who doesn't like gold dragons? Agree to disagree on art. I do agree it's much harder to put games on machines when you have 12 vs 3, but at least in my experience, when I buy a game that has low plays, it takes about 30 mins to beat the existing GC score, so possible they bought it for the art? lol

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Robby count up the games played in the last six months on your 30 games. Hobbit rocks.

its a lot. and that would take too long. Let's go with a lot.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I was pleasantly surprised with Hobbit, I actually play it when I just want to bang the ball around in a low stress manner, its a very easy and relaxing game. I literally bought it because I liked the art and the content/IP. The game is absolutely gorgeous if you like gold dragons, and who doesn't like gold dragons? Agree to disagree on art. I do agree it's much harder to put games on machines when you have 12 vs 3, but at least in my experience, when I buy a game that has low plays, it takes about 30 mins to beat the existing GC score, so possible they bought it for the art? lol

Or the person works long long hours and simply doesn’t always have time for pinball. Or both!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Or the person works long long hours and simply doesn’t always have time for pinball. Or both!

Yep I was saying that in jest. I sold my dialed in and the guy txtd me that he beat my GC on his third game. I said put the glass back on!

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Another vote for ugly. Apparently some dudes are into yellow and glitter, but hopefully not very many.
Green > Red > stainless > yellow

That gets my vote.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That gets my vote.

Yep. I think YBR is one of the worst releases and the missing mech is an issue. I also think the seller is asking way too much here. I’d rather a ruby red with all the mods and the mech for $12k ish.

#114 2 years ago

Another vote for ugly. Apparently some dudes are into yellow and glitter, but hopefully not very many.

I love it. You are really calling out "dudes" who are into yellow and glitter on a machine that has two sparkling ruby red slippers at the base? It's an amazing game (VERY HARD though) and I don't care if there is glitter or yellow. Happen to think this version looks the best IN PERSON. There are only 200 of them and I got a chance to try the Ruby Red and YBR separately and chose the YBR. There are other people who feel the same way.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I love it. You are really calling out "dudes" who are into yellow and glitter on a machine that has two sparkling ruby red slippers at the base? It's an amazing game (VERY HARD though) and I don't care if there is glitter or yellow. Happen to think this version looks the best IN PERSON. There are only 200 of them and I got a chance to try the Ruby Red and YBR separately and chose the YBR. There are other people who feel the same way.

I don't even think there are 200 of them out there.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I love it. You are really calling out "dudes" who are into yellow and glitter on a machine that has two sparkling ruby red slippers at the base?

Too funny

I prefer toxic masculinity in my machines. I kid, I kid.... I have a Wonka, he’s pretty sparkly.

#117 2 years ago

Imagine thinking your tough because you play "manly" pinball games. Can a person get more pathetic?

#118 2 years ago

We’ve been over this.

Between critiquing color palates, shopping for plastic dolls, hanging out with dudes all the time, and begging wives for permission to buy games, there is NO hobby as testosterone-bathed and macho as pinball.

Get some balls or get out!!!

3 weeks later
#120 2 years ago

I'd be all over this if it was red. The yellow clashes with my jaundice.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Since my last post on this fun thread (22 days ago), I've got a red one, a really nice red one with a monkey. What's the going price? $17,999?

#122 2 years ago

The monkey is everything!

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Since my last post on this fun thread (22 days ago), I've got a red one, a really nice red one with a monkey. What's the going price? $17,999?

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For $18k, I’ll sell you my RR.

#124 2 years ago

A pirates LE -- an LE -- is now being offered for 30

This game is clearly the better value by far

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

A pirates LE -- an LE -- is now being offered for 30
This game is clearly the better value by far

This listing is “clearly” polarizing. Brings out anger, jealously, resentment, hilarious arguments over whether a yellow sparkly machine with ruby red slippers is less masculine than a red/green machine with same sparkly red slippers…
Regardless, it’s fun to watch.

#126 2 years ago

It is pride month!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

It is pride month!

Well it looks like yellow beats red, green and silver once again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le-5/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.