(Topic ID: 291297)

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

By Uberlit

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7C86724-59DE-43B3-887B-BDD9B4E0805B.gif
giphy (5).gif
Am I Out Of Touch 12042021133147 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
giphy (1).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I would take the newer JJP backbox/monitor design and new boards over a monkey, but that’s just me. I heard how amazing the monkey was and saw it, cool but not a game changer for me. I wonder if the Wicked Witch version will have a monkey

Will you pay over double the more fully featured versions?

No.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This is the single most entertaining thread on pin side. With that being said the monkey mech is overrated and the single worst thing in the game to fix. I have no doubt it was removed because of constant problems. The removal of the Monkey Mech doesn’t change the game. Yellow Brick Road is the best version of this pinball game as it has modern light boards, latest operating system and by far the most reliable version. Furthermore you might not like the yellow to each their own but the radcals are amazing, the play field is incredible and it comes with lots of extra mods.
The Yellow Brick version of WOZ is a great version and you can argue the best version.
As for as this ad I think its really unfair to give the guy all these downvotes for his ridiculous asking price. If you downvote this asking price you have to almost downvote every single high end pinball game for sale because the prices of everything are thru the roof.
Look at the goofball who just listed a Pirates CE for basically 40k. You have to be as dumb as rocks to pay 40k for that game or just super RICH.
Here is the problem right now, Pirates isn’t really worth 40k, and an LE is not worth 20k either. When one Pirates here and there was coming up for sale somebody with a ton of money doesn’t care it gets sold. Then what happened... a TON of people all try to sell them at the same time to cash in. What was the result of that... no one could sell the game and the price went DOWN. Some people took their ads down others dropped the price as low as 17k just proving the point... no the game isn’t worth 20k when there are 10 for sale.
There is a HANDFUL of people who have so much money the price doesn’t matter and people take from that everyone will pay these prices... no they won’t because they don’t have it,
Is there someone out there willing to pay 18,500 for WOZ probably, but you have to find someone who’s looking for the game where money means nothing because if we’re being honest a used version is worth about 10 to 12k period.
Is the price ridiculous YES 110% so is the Price of Pirates CE and everything between.
Pinball is suppose to be fun and we got people HIGHLIGHTING LOW PLAYS and HIGH PRICES. What is going on here? Play the damn games!!!
But if someone wants to come on here and ask 40k for his Pirates CE WHO CARES! Wish him luck a lot of luck then move on!
Every single person on pinside is trying to get the MAX in trade or sale for their games... some just a little more than others. To each their own.

Your opinion.

Everyone is entitled to theirs.

The community as a whole seems to feel this is an overpriced ripoff and has said as much. Getting rid of the voting system won't change that.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Oh it clicks now. Dung was the guy that got his feelings hurt in the Pirates ad a few months ago. History repeats itself.

My feelings are very hurt. Practically dying over here playing zep le while waiting for dutch to build my tbl. You have no idea how hard it is killing time between games reading this fluff.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

To clarify my comments... I like the Monkey Mod I think its great but my point is that it’s overrated as to its removal from YBR. I think part of that is because of hte amazing flying monkey mod that was created. But that doesn’t diminish how freaking cool the YBR game is just because of the Monkey that was my point. YBR has other amazing things going for it that the original games don’t have such as: Modern System, New Light Boards, Additional Mods, RADCAL artwork, Amazing play field and if you like YELLOW its a winner.

Cow Dung once again you’re wrong... dude the community as a whole has NOT spoken. I think its the opposite the prices of pinballs has skyrockted.
Pirates LE you could have bought them for 8k you could have bought a CE for 12k brand new in the box because no one wanted them. Now one person is asking 40k for a Pirate CE. Look at Elvira LE now that game has worked its way up to 15K I bought mine brand new for 9000. Where will it end?
The community is saying DO NOT PLAY YOUR GAMES keep the plays as low as possible and then TRY TO SELL THEM FOR A SMALL FORTUNE.
Games like Pirates LE/CE are dragging the ENTIRE pinball prices in tow... everything has GONE UP AND UP!
But what goes up must come down its just a matter of how hard. Someone had to ask 12k for an Elvira, then someone asked for 13,500 now 15. If someone uses their own money to place an ad to see if they can sell a YBR for 18,500 that is their business. Would I pay 18k NOPE! Does it deserve 40 downvotes NO to that as well... why? Because everyone on pinside is trying to cash in when selling their games right now. C’mon already.

44 separate people have downvoted the original post. What do you want? A sign from god? If you are so in love with this buy it and prove us wrong. Until then save the long winded posts.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Imagine getting upset that the value of everyone's collections will continue to go up. Everyone wants to pretend like they've found their machines on an episode of American Pickers for $100 in some dirty old barn. I've had people message me on Pinside from the moment I purchased this pin asking me to sell it to them. I love the game, my family loves the game. We have more games played on this machine in the past 4 months than a lot of "Pin ball fans" put on their machines in their lifetime it appears. Hope everyone can enjoy pinball the way we do, even the haters

Not sure the comparison between american pickers and "I bought this in december, now that it has graced my presence pay me 7500 more than it retailed for."

But you do you OP.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s not the specific silly number that’s annoying it’s the trend of posting troll ads that make the marketplace less useful for everyone.

Now he just needs to post a 7500 dollar topper to go with it.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Ahhhh WRONG! Look at the very last one sold... check it out for yourself $15k. I sold mine about 4 weeks ago $13,500 then bought an SLE for $16 now that I see LE are selling for 15k I think I made a good buy. Look just because you won't pay it doesn't mean someone else won't. Hence this whole thread is ridiculous... if there is a totally rich gotta have it now person out there for WOZ then so be it. Who are you to judge?

I've heard JJP will make more WOZ and I'm hoping for a Wicked Witch edition. I would bet you ANYTHING you got there will be NO monkey. They sold every single YBR with no problem without the monkey why would you go back?

I don't agree and I'll explain why. When one Pirates was being listed a month the price was 20k because people who wanted paid. now keep in mind these are people who had 20k to spare. Then when all the Pirates owners went off the rails and put about 10 up for sale like the same day for 20k NOTHING SOLD! What happened was the price DROPPED one went down to 17k. Now look its no different than Aliens once in a blue moon you saw those come up for sale right? Every time they asked for 20k... now they're remaking Aliens those same games you see people selling for 12k. Big Bang Bar once in a blue moon you see that come up and its 20k... if Chicago Gaming remade it the price would go DOWN by a TON! Or if 10 people put those games up at the same time same thing.
Pirates is expensive because no one would sell them and when they did people pounced. Same thing with KISS LE prices have gone way way up because Kiss fans want that game and most of those games are NOW in the hands of Kiss fans so they're not for sale at any price. So when a Kiss game comes up it goes for a lot and quick.
You simply have a HANDFUL of really serious wealthy people who have to have it NOW... the mass majority of pinball buyers are not in that category.
Its supply and demand if the demand is low someone will sell high. Now think about JJP releasing 500 more copies the person with the last laugh will be the guy who didn't pay 40k for a Pirates CE.

Sorry when was alien 20k? I have owned mine for a good long while now and at most I saw LE's getting 15-17k, but only when they came with a crap ton of spare parts. As cool as Alien is, the reliability issues with it have suppressed its value. JJP might be finicky, but even the ECLE is more reliable than any Heighway game ever was. The funny thing is that parts availability isn't JJP's strong suit. Alien has had spare parts for just about anything, mostly boils down to cost.

Frankly mine depending on the day probably 12-14k. Just depends on how much a buyer wants it, but like with any rarity there are a small pool of buyers. A good example of this has been Mystery Castle recently. Two sold for 8k in a short period of time. I had mine out on trade and was getting 7k+ in offers. I pulled it, someone has one on here and keeps dropping the price because the market isn't large to support that price. Give it 6 months and it will most likely to back up, but not until the current one is off the market for awhile.

YBR is rare, but its a cut down version of a common title. So you need someone who values the rarity of YBR over a late run Ruby Red. There are some that will, but a late run ruby red does not pull 10k. So who is valuing a ybr for 9k more? If RR/ECLE/Standards were selling for 14-15k this argument might not seem laughable.

OP is free to ask 19k. Everyone else is free to give their 2 cents on the subject. If it weren't for all the white knighting trying to defend this ad the conversation would have died out awhile ago.

#94 3 years ago

Tempting, i could cancel my tbl and sell my tmnt le. Leaves me a bit for a topper.

But then who would op call an asshole? I think for his sake I should let him keep showing his true colors.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I drove from TN to Chicago last month to pick up a YBR from a fellow pinhead, took me forever to find the yellow edition and was super stoked to get it. Guy I bought it from had it loaded with mods including pinstadiums and it is the most beautiful machine out there.
Many other pinheads called me crazy because I wanted the YBR edition and not the others. I personally think this version looks the best, many haven't seen it in person before but the gold sparkles on the PF are incredible. Plus I prefer the new boards and new LCD. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $15k for this edition in the near future, I don't think the market's ready yet for an $18k WOZ though.

Genuine question, what has you liking the new lcd?

I own 0 JJPs. No dog in this. I have seen complaints about the later displays vs the earlier ones. Something about them being more washed out. Have also read that part of this is how the brightness/contrast is set out of the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le-4?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.