(Topic ID: 291297)

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

By Uberlit

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7C86724-59DE-43B3-887B-BDD9B4E0805B.gif
giphy (5).gif
Am I Out Of Touch 12042021133147 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
giphy (1).gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

Added: 2021-04-10 19:52:35 UTC • Ended: May 5th, 2021
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 19,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Purchased in December of 2020 for Christmas. Excellent Condition Yellow Brick Road edition.

Mods: Witch Mod 1.0, Pin Stadium Neos, State Fair Illumination Flicker Mod.

Free Shipping

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Uberlit's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Uberlit's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

St. Louis, MO, US

#2 2 years ago

$18.5K for the ugly, gimped version? I might have liked Pinside better when it was down...

#3 2 years ago

Stay Blessed Yoko

#4 2 years ago

It’s yellow. Yellow costs more.

#5 2 years ago

Less monkey = more money!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Less monkey = more money!

The monkey is literally my favorite part of the game.

#7 2 years ago

It’s such garbage they took the monkey out of this game.

#8 2 years ago

How did you arrive at 18.5k as your asking price?

#9 2 years ago

I think that as soon as you by a YBR it depreciates by 2k not appreciates by 65%.

#10 2 years ago

Priced out of an orifice I'm sure

#11 2 years ago

Damn! I guess I should’ve asked for $8000 more on my RRWOZ.

#12 2 years ago

Oh Pinside, so glad the outage hasn't changed you

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif

#13 2 years ago

If you can’t afford it you can always buy a Fish Tales or something. Those are fun too

#14 2 years ago

So if You used previous sales in the market archive for a reference it means nothing???

And nothing to do with afford it. People with money don't flush it down the toilet.

WTF...LOL

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

If you can’t afford it you can always buy a Fish Tales or something. Those are fun too

Or earthshaker.

#16 2 years ago

Yellow Brick turd

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s such garbage they took the monkey out of this game.

Right. It's like the "Pro" of the WOZ family.

#18 2 years ago

I'm not dogging the price because at least the photos of the machine were good.

GLWTS

Chris

#19 2 years ago

I personally think the monkey is seriously overrated in importance. Mine quit moving on me again and I’ll need to lube the rod again.

There’s a lot to be said for YBR. Sparkle, Radcals, updated light boards and electronics. And I like the color.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I personally think the monkey is seriously overrated in importance. Mine quit moving on me again and I’ll need to lube the rod again.
There’s a lot to be said for YBR. Sparkle, Radcals, updated light boards and electronics. And I like the color.

Spoken like a man that didnt have the flying monkey mod, perhaps? That toy is so awesome to see it glide down, grab the ball, and flap its wings as it flies away.

#21 2 years ago

Agree with above. I can’t live without my monkey. It’s such an integral part of the movie it was a bad move to exclude it. YBR is certainly nice but so is EGLE and RR. Not overrated but an integral part of the package.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Each to his own... but I think the monkey mech is one of the coolest ball locks in pinball.

GLWS.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree. I played a machine that had the Monkey and then purchased YBR because it’s not a huge part of the game. Love YBR and only 200 made. Also, I love my Wonka CE and watched it initially top the pinside charts when it reached 25 votes only to be flooded with 20 lower rated reviews to kick it down. Do you think within a week 20 CE owners/players decided to rate the game???Pinside is tough and sometimes there is a herd effect.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

I’ll offer 5k and a yellow brick.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I would take the newer JJP backbox/monitor design and new boards over a monkey, but that’s just me. I heard how amazing the monkey was and saw it, cool but not a game changer for me. I wonder if the Wicked Witch version will have a monkey

#27 2 years ago

It's more than the monkey... That's obviously part of it, but you also have the physical ball lock behind the castle door. I guess some people don't care as much about physical mechs. But, the Gouveia monkey mod with flapping wings???? It's so sweet.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I would take the newer JJP backbox/monitor design and new boards over a monkey, but that’s just me. I heard how amazing the monkey was and saw it, cool but not a game changer for me. I wonder if the Wicked Witch version will have a monkey

Will you pay over double the more fully featured versions?

No.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Right. It's like the "Pro" of the WOZ family.

Hands down, it’s a WOZ Pro, there is no way to escape that with the missing mechs.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’ll offer 5k and a yellow brick.

Deal but you also gotta let me smash your mom
Again

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Will you pay over double the more fully featured versions?
No.

So this wise gentleman would be asking 37K for the full featured game?

#33 2 years ago

In this thread, it’s only hard for you.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Again

Whatever that means??? Lmao!!

Yellow Brick Toad.

#35 2 years ago

2 RRWOZ's & dinner at the French Laundry for 18.5k. Good luck with your sale and hope you get the asking price.

#36 2 years ago

22 downvotes is not nearly enough for this ad

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

22 downvotes is not nearly enough for this ad

You should come over and play it since you're in STL.

#38 2 years ago

Ain’t no body smashing anyone’s mom up in here. That ain’t right.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ain’t no body smashing anyone’s mom up in here. That ain’t right.

How about someones dad?

#40 2 years ago

That’s acceptable if it is a consensual fight, not a smashing. Just the better person wins kind of rules.

Quoted from chooch:

How about someones dad?

#41 2 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Again

I think I know what everyone is thinking right now.......”I really want to buy a machine from this person, take my money now.”
I’m going to increase my offer to $5,ooo and 3 Yellow bricks.

In all seriousness and disregarding price, Woz is a cool game

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

You should come over and play it since you're in STL.

Most people know when a price is stupid.

Not you. But most people.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Most people know when a price is stupid.
Not you. But most people.

Smooch

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

that's what she said!

#46 2 years ago

This is the single most entertaining thread on pin side. With that being said the monkey mech is overrated and the single worst thing in the game to fix. I have no doubt it was removed because of constant problems. The removal of the Monkey Mech doesn’t change the game. Yellow Brick Road is the best version of this pinball game as it has modern light boards, latest operating system and by far the most reliable version. Furthermore you might not like the yellow to each their own but the radcals are amazing, the play field is incredible and it comes with lots of extra mods.

The Yellow Brick version of WOZ is a great version and you can argue the best version.

As for as this ad I think its really unfair to give the guy all these downvotes for his ridiculous asking price. If you downvote this asking price you have to almost downvote every single high end pinball game for sale because the prices of everything are thru the roof.

Look at the goofball who just listed a Pirates CE for basically 40k. You have to be as dumb as rocks to pay 40k for that game or just super RICH.

Here is the problem right now, Pirates isn’t really worth 40k, and an LE is not worth 20k either. When one Pirates here and there was coming up for sale somebody with a ton of money doesn’t care it gets sold. Then what happened... a TON of people all try to sell them at the same time to cash in. What was the result of that... no one could sell the game and the price went DOWN. Some people took their ads down others dropped the price as low as 17k just proving the point... no the game isn’t worth 20k when there are 10 for sale.

There is a HANDFUL of people who have so much money the price doesn’t matter and people take from that everyone will pay these prices... no they won’t because they don’t have it,

Is there someone out there willing to pay 18,500 for WOZ probably, but you have to find someone who’s looking for the game where money means nothing because if we’re being honest a used version is worth about 10 to 12k period.

Is the price ridiculous YES 110% so is the Price of Pirates CE and everything between.

Pinball is suppose to be fun and we got people HIGHLIGHTING LOW PLAYS and HIGH PRICES. What is going on here? Play the damn games!!!

But if someone wants to come on here and ask 40k for his Pirates CE WHO CARES! Wish him luck a lot of luck then move on!

Every single person on pinside is trying to get the MAX in trade or sale for their games... some just a little more than others. To each their own.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This is the single most entertaining thread on pin side. With that being said the monkey mech is overrated and the single worst thing in the game to fix. I have no doubt it was removed because of constant problems. The removal of the Monkey Mech doesn’t change the game. Yellow Brick Road is the best version of this pinball game as it has modern light boards, latest operating system and by far the most reliable version. Furthermore you might not like the yellow to each their own but the radcals are amazing, the play field is incredible and it comes with lots of extra mods.
The Yellow Brick version of WOZ is a great version and you can argue the best version.
As for as this ad I think its really unfair to give the guy all these downvotes for his ridiculous asking price. If you downvote this asking price you have to almost downvote every single high end pinball game for sale because the prices of everything are thru the roof.
Look at the goofball who just listed a Pirates CE for basically 40k. You have to be as dumb as rocks to pay 40k for that game or just super RICH.
Here is the problem right now, Pirates isn’t really worth 40k, and an LE is not worth 20k either. When one Pirates here and there was coming up for sale somebody with a ton of money doesn’t care it gets sold. Then what happened... a TON of people all try to sell them at the same time to cash in. What was the result of that... no one could sell the game and the price went DOWN. Some people took their ads down others dropped the price as low as 17k just proving the point... no the game isn’t worth 20k when there are 10 for sale.
There is a HANDFUL of people who have so much money the price doesn’t matter and people take from that everyone will pay these prices... no they won’t because they don’t have it,
Is there someone out there willing to pay 18,500 for WOZ probably, but you have to find someone who’s looking for the game where money means nothing because if we’re being honest a used version is worth about 10 to 12k period.
Is the price ridiculous YES 110% so is the Price of Pirates CE and everything between.
Pinball is suppose to be fun and we got people HIGHLIGHTING LOW PLAYS and HIGH PRICES. What is going on here? Play the damn games!!!
But if someone wants to come on here and ask 40k for his Pirates CE WHO CARES! Wish him luck a lot of luck then move on!
Every single person on pinside is trying to get the MAX in trade or sale for their games... some just a little more than others. To each their own.

While I disagree 100% on the monkey, I agree 100% on the down votes. Sellers can ask whatever they want. It’s just an asking price.

You want this YBR? You know what you’ve gotta pay.... OBO (as this ad clearly states).

It’s that simple.

#48 2 years ago

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fgifs%2Fsouthparkgifs-26his4mnR7T27sdy0&psig=AOvVaw2fYjutMllmocHWbraiscSi&ust=1618279307987000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLDKwa7O9-8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Quoted from 27dnast:

While I disagree 100% on the monkey, I agree 100% on the down votes. Sellers can ask whatever they want. It’s just an asking price.
You want this YBR? You know what you’ve gotta pay.... OBO (as this ad clearly states).
It’s that simple.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#49 2 years ago

Thumbs system needs to go away. I hid it years ago and it’s not been missed.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Your opinion.

Everyone is entitled to theirs.

The community as a whole seems to feel this is an overpriced ripoff and has said as much. Getting rid of the voting system won't change that.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le-4?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.