(Topic ID: 291297)

For sale: Wizard of Oz (Yellow Brick Road LE)

By Uberlit

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7C86724-59DE-43B3-887B-BDD9B4E0805B.gif
giphy (5).gif
Am I Out Of Touch 12042021133147 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
giphy (1).gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

I drove from TN to Chicago last month to pick up a YBR from a fellow pinhead, took me forever to find the yellow edition and was super stoked to get it. Guy I bought it from had it loaded with mods including pinstadiums and it is the most beautiful machine out there.

Many other pinheads called me crazy because I wanted the YBR edition and not the others. I personally think this version looks the best, many haven't seen it in person before but the gold sparkles on the PF are incredible. Plus I prefer the new boards and new LCD. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $15k for this edition in the near future, I don't think the market's ready yet for an $18k WOZ though.

#102 3 years ago

19k for a shitty game, imagine the price if woz was actually a decent game.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I drove from TN to Chicago last month to pick up a YBR from a fellow pinhead, took me forever to find the yellow edition and was super stoked to get it. Guy I bought it from had it loaded with mods including pinstadiums and it is the most beautiful machine out there.
Many other pinheads called me crazy because I wanted the YBR edition and not the others. I personally think this version looks the best, many haven't seen it in person before but the gold sparkles on the PF are incredible. Plus I prefer the new boards and new LCD. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $15k for this edition in the near future, I don't think the market's ready yet for an $18k WOZ though.

Genuine question, what has you liking the new lcd?

I own 0 JJPs. No dog in this. I have seen complaints about the later displays vs the earlier ones. Something about them being more washed out. Have also read that part of this is how the brightness/contrast is set out of the box.

#104 3 years ago

Although my post was deleted, I owe you an apology for my snide remark that I posted yesterday. This was not my finest moment and I posted in a moment of anger. Good luck with your sale at whatever price you decide on.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Oh it clicks now. Dung was the guy that got his feelings hurt in the Pirates ad a few months ago. History repeats itself.

Quoted from Uberlit:

Sounds like a man that wants to buy my YBR but can't!

i promise you larry's collection would put yours to shame. and yes he has a ybr.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i promise you larry's collection would put yours to shame. and yes he has a ybr.

I promise you he doesn’t. I’ve played his entire collection. He doesn’t have this YBR.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

If we’re talking about the same Larry, this is his YBR. Be nice everybody

#108 3 years ago

If this is worth 19k, my ECLE must be worth 40k. Wow!

#109 3 years ago

Are you watching Larry?! Do you see what happens Larry?!!!

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

giphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
#111 3 years ago

Oh damn. It’s still available? I was going to make an offer.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oh damn. It’s still available? I was going to make an offer.

It's not too late!

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

ebay.com link: Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road Collectors Limited Edition Pinball Free Shipping
The ebay listing that inspired this ad.

If I list my underpants for $19k would you be inspired to sell yours, too?

I mean, if that's what someone is asking on Ebay then that must be the actual value.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I mean, if that's what someone is asking on Ebay then that must be the actual value.

Depends how much said underpants go for.
For the right price I’m free ballin.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Probably depends if you have shitty mods installed. I'm talking the Skid Mark 2.0 mod.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

C7C86724-59DE-43B3-887B-BDD9B4E0805B.gifC7C86724-59DE-43B3-887B-BDD9B4E0805B.gif

#117 3 years ago

RobbyIRL5 suggested i also offer the conditional payment of 38 BCH. If you know, you know. And if you don't here you go. https://www.coinbase.com/join/smith_a53

#118 3 years ago

You should offer it with a NFT video of your last game played. $19k would be a bargain.

#119 3 years ago

YBR is such a wild game. Either you're scoring 5k and shutting the machine off or 500k.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

YBR is such a wild game. Either you're scoring 5k and shutting the machine off or 500k.

Yep, only the YBR version.

Good observation.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

I started reading this and assumed you were going to say: "YBR is such a wild game. When that monkey flies down from the castle and captures the ball... insaneoid!!!!"

I kid, of course...

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Genuine question, what has you liking the new lcd?
I own 0 JJPs. No dog in this. I have seen complaints about the later displays vs the earlier ones. Something about them being more washed out. Have also read that part of this is how the brightness/contrast is set out of the box.

The LCD looks great on mine. I never adjusted it, the first owner may have, but no complaints.

#123 3 years ago

No offense to the OP but the dumb part of this sale (and the 20k MB and the 39k POtC) is that the OP is going to take significantly less than the asking price (selling at $12k-$13k if I had to guess). The MB won’t fetch more than $10k-$11k and the POtC around $19k.

YET the sale price in the archives will still show the original asking price (either with a line through it, a “best offer accepted”, or “decided to keep”, etc) and we’ll never know what the game actually sold for.

Then a bunch of folks are going to claim that WoZ is a $20k game, MB is a $20k game, etc. Don’t believe me? Scroll up a few posts and find the guy trying to argue EHOH LE is a $15k game b/c of one marketplace outlier like this one.

Maybe it’s all a funny joke now but it’s going to hurt us all by artificially inflating prices.

#124 3 years ago

To be fair, yes, I would rather have a fishtales than YBR. I'd def rather have 4 FT than 1 19k YBR. YBR sucks lol.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

The LCD looks great on mine. I never adjusted it, the first owner may have, but no complaints.

Do you have an older JJP to compare it to?

1 week later
#126 2 years ago

The 11.5k MSRP looks like a straight bargain now.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No offense to the OP but the dumb part of this sale (and the 20k MB and the 39k POtC) is that the OP is going to take significantly less than the asking price (selling at $12k-$13k if I had to guess). The MB won’t fetch more than $10k-$11k and the POtC around $19k.
YET the sale price in the archives will still show the original asking price (either with a line through it, a “best offer accepted”, or “decided to keep”, etc) and we’ll never know what the game actually sold for.
Then a bunch of folks are going to claim that WoZ is a $20k game, MB is a $20k game, etc. Don’t believe me? Scroll up a few posts and find the guy trying to argue EHOH LE is a $15k game b/c of one marketplace outlier like this one.
Maybe it’s all a funny joke now but it’s going to hurt us all by artificially inflating prices.

Wait a minute. YBR ain’t worth $20k, EHOH ain’t worth $15k, but Tron LE is worth $25K all day...

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Wait a minute. YBR ain’t worth $20k, EHOH ain’t worth $15k, but Tron LE is worth $25K all day...

No, no and no...unless someone will pay that for them. I guess if 2 or more pay those prices - those are the new market normal prices. I don’t really care anymore and am not going to try and make any sense about the current market.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How about the ECLE version priced at 6.5k.....and that actually had all the mechs in it vs this one that’s missing things. Won’t even comment on that yellow.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No man. Still too high.

#131 2 years ago

Pin will be shipping off to a new home shortly. Thank you for the interest and discussion.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from Uberlit:

Pin will be shipping off to a new home shortly. Thank you for the interest and discussion.

Then close it out and pay the fees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-yellow-brick-road-le-4/page/3?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.