You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200507-160658_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1163 (resized).JPG
103tqi (resized).jpg
1CEC489E-1DD5-457C-B10B-32CC1674441F (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

im still laughing
this guys a hoot
keep posting

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe they meant updated.

What ever very early software is in them, that is it. You can't update the software to anything newer.

I don't know the reason. I just ran into it years ago in tech support. Some distributors opted to keep their prototype game, buy it or something rather than send it back. And as updates started rolling out. Unsuspecting people bought them and then discovered they couldn't update them.

LTG : )

Well, there is always a way I ended up with a prototype and you just need to update the Atom MB/CPU to what is in the current WOZ then you can nicely update the software to the most recent system.

Had to run a cable for the Monkey sensor and install one as well as upgrading the light to v2.0 AND THEN it played like a WOZ Not impossible but not for the faint of heart either.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

It appears YeOldPinPlayer is old and cranky. He shouldn't lump everyone together though. I enjoy seeing the posts for unique and interesting games, even if I don't need to buy them.

You just got on my special buddy list

#54 3 years ago

Think out of the box for a sec.... ever think any ture fan of JJP can own doubles or even triples of any single title or even mutiples of each model
So many possibilitys......I know it boggles the mind....Sky's the limit old grasshopper

#55 3 years ago

Well, I know where my money is going now.....

103tqi (resized).jpg103tqi (resized).jpg
#56 3 years ago
Quoted from bayareapinster:

thanks guys for all the interest, games still is available to any ture collector i know its not for everyone but thanks for answering each others questions, by the way my game is Signed on the back by Jack "PROTOTYPE 001"

Back of what? The box? Or the game itself? (Which would imply it’s not NIB— not that a prototype would ever be NIB, but that’s what you’re strangely advertising?)

#57 3 years ago

I think we all have a Number one signed game

IMG_1163 (resized).JPGIMG_1163 (resized).JPG
#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

[quoted image]

Same gold pen but signed the other way, he was leaning to the left when he signed mine and right for yours

Screenshot_20200507-160658_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200507-160658_Gallery (resized).jpg
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Back of what? The box? Or the game itself? (Which would imply it’s not NIB— not that a prototype would ever be NIB, but that’s what you’re strangely advertising?)

The game is signed on the back box, and apron, and the game is in "in the box"

#60 3 years ago

The game is signed on the back box, and apron, and the game is in "in the box"

That’s a bit misleading. NIB implies unopened (the NEW part of new in box). That’s my take anyway.

#61 3 years ago

I get what your saying. Maybe I can take out the NIB to in box

#62 3 years ago

I get what your saying. Maybe I can take out the NIB to in box

I believe the term is NOB.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I believe the term is NOB.

Totally makes sense,thanks for all the great advice, I relly wouldn't want to miss led anyone, totally not cool

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

[quoted image]

Yeah but I am assuming the sellers game is proto #1 and yours is proto #1 for Australia hence the AU on yours. Probably something to do with the special run of ECLE after that debacle with the AU Distributor

Totally makes sense,thanks for all the great advice, I relly wouldn't want to miss led anyone, totally not cool

OP do you know if your game can be updated software wise or is it as others said that the prototypes couldn’t be updated.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

That’s a bit misleading. NIB implies unopened (the NEW part of new in box). That’s my take anyway.

He can’t sign them before put in the box? IDK???

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

He can’t sign them before put in the box? IDK???

I’m sure he did sign them before they went into the box. I think the point is that the seller would have to open the box to see and take pictures of the signature, therefore it isn’t “NIB” really, it’s been at least opened and removed from the box to take the picture.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:do you know if your game can be updated software wise or is it as others said that the prototypes couldn’t be updated.

Others have said it CAN be updated, it's just not as straightforward as the current games.

There are red flags with this OP's ads. Proceed with caution. Get references. Read vid1900
guide on how not to get ripped off in pinball.

Quoted from hisokajp:

Well, there is always a way I ended up with a prototype and you just need to update the Atom MB/CPU to what is in the current WOZ then you can nicely update the software to the most recent system.
Had to run a cable for the Monkey sensor and install one as well as upgrading the light to v2.0 AND THEN it played like a WOZ Not impossible but not for the faint of heart either.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but I am assuming the sellers game is proto #1 and yours is proto #1 for Australia hence the AU on yours. Probably something to do with the special run of ECLE after that debacle with the AU Distributor

OP do you know if your game can be updated software wise or is it as others said that the prototypes couldn’t be updated.

Its ture, mine cant be update.... I asked what it would cost to make it so that it would from the factory and they quoted me about 4k to do so. Or if I find a donor machine and swap it over, so there's always a way

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Others have said it CAN be updated, it's just not as straightforward as the current games.
There are red flags with this OP's ads. Proceed with caution. Get references. Read vid1900
guide on how not to get ripped off in pinball.

I would disclose all details to the best of my knowledge to the buyer and also throw in a couple complete sets of light boards with the sale. I would want to do anything to anyone I wouldnt want done to me. I have plenty of good references from reputable people in the pin community thats delt with me if needed.

#70 3 years ago

Doesn’t seem to be overpriced for the right collector

#71 3 years ago

Comes with monkey and witch

#72 3 years ago

I have traded with this op and can say without a doubt he is a good guy and on the level.
If you are interested in the machine PM the op, go check it out or ask for more pics. He is a friendly guy.

#74 3 years ago

Its ture, mine cant be update.... I asked what it would cost to make it so that it would from the factory and they quoted me about 4k to do so. Or if I find a donor machine and swap it over, so there's always a way

Thanks for the post. I am looking for a WoZ and prefer the ECLE so was looking at this, especially with you being close enough for me to pickup. (IMO) This is for the true collector as anyone else would want a machine that you could update.

Also, I found out that .... "There were several “#1” prototype games".

GLWS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-prototype-001-nib/page/2?hl=yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.