IMG_20190221_195457 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195439 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195424 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195412 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195359 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195407 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195350 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Wizard of Oz ECLE HUO, extremely low plays

Added: 2019-02-22 01:18:28 UTC • Ended: March 24th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,300 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

For 2 months I've been deciding with pin has to go to make room for the Munsters. I've put countless hours into most of my machines making them perfect. Big Bang Bar, Scared Stiff, Playboy(s), Sexy Girl...so lots of sweat into those. And the others have personal meaning. So, the painful decision is that my perfect condition WOZ is the one to go. It is #660/1000 and truly looks like it just came out of the box. Absolutely no wear and it probably has less than 300 plays on it. (I can't tell because I updated the firmware.) We have a pinball night once a week, so it hasn't been played much more than that. If you are local, you can come by and check it out. Ivan (allentown pinfest) has seen my machines so he can vouch for how perfect they are.

I added mirror blades, which make a huge difference, and a few LEDS to brighten it up a little (in the balloon, trough, etc.) There also is a very cool shooter rod.

If you want it shipped, I've shipped with STI many times and they are awesome. Shipping would probably be $300-$450 depending on where you are.

Sad to see it go...but something had to be cut. Message me with any questions. Price is pretty set and you'll see I am pricing it below market, especially for a machine this perfect with a couple of hundred dollars of mods (blades, shooter, etc.). Has invisiglass and a shaker, of course.

also, let me know if you want any more pictures. It basically looks like every other ECLE WOZ that just came out of the box. I put a few other pics of my collection in so you can see how I take care of my machines.

thanks
tony

Item photos

IMG_20190221_195350 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195359 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195407 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195412 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195424 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195439 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195457 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195501 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190221_195856 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are acaciolo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to acaciolo's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 7,300

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Coopersburg, PA, US

#2 5 years ago

Does this have the latest LED boards?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

+1 curious too!

#4 5 years ago

Wow, I would be all over this but my wife hates the Wizard of Oz and told me it would be kindling if one ever came into our house. GLWTS. Great price

#5 5 years ago

Good price

#6 5 years ago

That’s an interesting translite on Batman 66!

#7 5 years ago

I'm curious what the build date is and what light boards it has...... but more importantly what's the no doubt pin?

#8 5 years ago

Why anyone would buy a NIB Woz today, yellow brick, ruby red or otherwise and NOT this one is beyond stupid imo.

It's the same pin with a better direct print cab.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why anyone would buy a NIB Woz today, yellow brick, ruby red or otherwise and NOT this one is beyond stupid imo.
It's the same pin with a better direct print cab.

People hesitate to purchase ecle versions because they want the newest lightboards.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm curious what the build date is and what light boards it has...... but more importantly what's the no doubt pin?

More importantly, what’s the one with the topless model on the side?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

People hesitate to purchase ecle versions because they want the newest lightboards.

This. Having to change the light boards is costly in money and especially time.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Sexy girl i believe... i remember reading about that

#13 5 years ago

I wouldn't say so. Its important to know which version of LED boards an ECLE has. The original 5v boards were prone to issues and by now all games with them should have exhibited the issue. Around Sept / Oct of 2013 JJP switched to 7.5v boards. Many owners of games with 7.5v boards, including myself, have never had an issue in over 5 years. I know of an on location WOZ in my area that was one of the first built. Boards were swapped to 7.5v years ago and the game has been fine now with thousands of plays. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an ECLE with 7.5v boards.

This is a great deal on an incredible game. I think the ECLE will always be the most desirable version of the game.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't say so. Its important to know which version of LED boards an ECLE has. The original 5v boards were prone to issues and by now all games with them should have exhibited the issue. Around Sept / Oct of 2013 JJP switched to 7.5v boards. Many owners of games with 7.5v boards, including myself, have never had an issue in over 5 years. I know of an on location WOZ in my area that was one of the first built. Boards were swapped to 7.5v years ago and the game has been fine now with thousands of plays. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an ECLE with 7.5v boards.
This is a great deal on an incredible game. I think the ECLE will always be the most desirable version of the game.

But didn't all the ECLE models have the 5v boards? I had a RR WOZ and it had the 7.5v boards, I never had any issues.

#15 5 years ago

Anything without 2.0 boards will be price depressed it seems that’s why people buy NIB. These were bought for what $6500 so still a great deal for the sellers.

#16 5 years ago

Btw OP please more details on No Doubt and the topless chick

#17 5 years ago

But didn't all the ECLE models have the 5v boards? I had a RR WOZ and it had the 7.5v boards, I never had any issues.

Only games made from May of 2013 to around August of 2013 shipped with the original 5v boards. Games made in Sept / Oct 2013 started shipping with 7.5v boards.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Anything without 2.0 boards will be price depressed it seems that’s why people buy NIB. These were bought for what $6500 so still a great deal for the sellers.

As I mentioned most ECLE's have 7.5v boards and have never had an issue. Also, the $6500 price was only available for a limited of amount of time, then went to $7k, and $7500 before they started shipping.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Most of the larger boards (including the painful to replace upper playfield board) have been replaced with the buffered versions. There were 2 different buffered versions, 5.5v and 7.5v. I was told by JJP that there was no reason to go to the 7.5v, as both of the buffered boards perform the same. Since I replaced those boards (approx 1.5 years ago), everything has been perfect. Before that, I had the common LED problem, which was super easy to diagnose by just using cat 5 cables and jumping out a board. JJP was great in getting me the replacements fast.

So..all is well now.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

That’s an interesting translite on Batman 66!

yeah...it gets some interesting looks. here are some more details on it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nsfw-bm66-batman-alternate-translite-censored

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

build date is 8/7/2013. most of the larger boards (as they failed) were replaced with the buffered version. It has been rock solid since I replaced them.

Here is a video (before it was 100% complete) of the NO Doubt pinball. It is a converted rolling stones machines. graphics are now complete and mirrored side blades added.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

this is a sexy girl that I did a custom cabinet for, with Ann Pennington, the model on the machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sexy-girl-cabinet-nsfw

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This. Having to change the light boards is costly in money and especially time.

Especially the upper playfield one! took a few hours. the rest are super easy. unplug a few wires and pop in the new board. Probably 10 min. Luckily, I replaced all the problematic ones with the buffered boards (even one that didn't fail), and it has solved the led problem.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Btw OP please more details on No Doubt and the topless chick

links posted. enjoy.

#25 5 years ago

Very tempting... wife would kill me lol!

#26 5 years ago

very good seller, have dealt with him before, really easy to work with.

#27 5 years ago

I really feel this is a great price for this game. New ones (if they are around) are over 8500-9k.
I wished I liked the theme otherwise I would be there.
GLWS

#28 5 years ago

I get the hesitation BUT i think its overblown. I've owned mine for years without any issues on 2nd gen lightboards.

If anyone is hesitating because of that, i wouldn't, this is a great deal.

#29 5 years ago

I replaced all my boards with the 5.5 buffer boards from jjp 3 years ago and have not had any issues since. I was told the exact same thing from jjp that acaciolo said. It was not the lack of volts becouse 7.5 volt boards where failing also. Something to do with static electricity that adding the small buffer board took care of this issue, probably what the 2.0 boards know have build in.

#30 5 years ago

Great price. Nice machine!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Very tempting... wife would kill me lol!

that would make 2 wives killing. Mine is killing me for selling!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I replaced all my boards with the 5.5 buffer boards from jjp 3 years ago and have not had any issues since. I was told the exact same thing from jjp that acaciolo said. It was not the lack of volts becouse 7.5 volt boards where failing also. Something to do with static electricity that adding the small buffer board took care of this issue, probably what the 2.0 boards know have build in.

yup. JJP was super honest. I actually was going to spend a bunch of money to switch to 7.5v, and they told me there would be no difference. Once I replaced the bad boards with the buffers, my led issues would go away, which they did.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

very good seller, have dealt with him before, really easy to work with.

thanks and right back atcha!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-ecle-huo-extremely-low-plays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.