(Topic ID: 135106)

For sale: Williams No Fear Pinball, beautiful machine!

By angryjeep

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo Aug 06, 7 18 11 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 06, 7 17 56 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 06 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 06, 7 17 17 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 06 PM (1).jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 00 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 56 48 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 56 37 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 53 41 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 51 12 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 53 22 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 52 21 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 57 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 07 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 48 55 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 42 PM.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Williams No Fear Pinball, beautiful machine!

Added: 2015-08-06 15:10:54 UTC • Ended: March 25th, 2016

Price

$ 3,200

REDUCED!

Selling my Williams No Fear pinball. Very nice machine, fully serviced, 100% working and spotless clean!

I'm selling to make more room for other machines.

Playfield is 100% led including GI and flashers. Back box is incandescent.

Recently pulled whole playfield apart, polished with Novus, waxed with Blitz 100 Grand, reassembled using new rubber and orange poly post-sleeves.

The mountain was cracked so I replaced it, the ball accelerator works perfect! Talking skull works perfect and is white, not yellow.

Entire machine tested and cleaned, new balls, ball trough anti-mag shim installed.

All flippers rebuilt using NEW flipper bats, bushings, switches, coil stops, sleeves, springs and the long shaft flipper for the jump was also replaced.

All coil sleeves replaced, spinner and drop target decals replaced.

The only defects are the back ramp is cracked, but thanks to some PET washers (pictured) this is not an issue and barely visible. The translite has a small scratch (pictured) and the playfield has a little wear in one spot (pictured) around the outlane switch and has some small chips by the outlane where the adjustable post is. Also, the left side of the cabinet is a little faded (pictured) but still looks great.

I doubt you will find a nicer No Fear for sale in Texas!

Includes manual (copy of original).

$3600 OBO! I can help you load at my house in Allen. Would consider trades plus or minus cash depending on title for other Williams/Bally/Stern late model machines. No trades for anything other than pinball.

I can also ship anywhere in the contiguous US... FOB Wylie Texas.

Item photos

Photo Aug 05, 8 48 04 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 47 31 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 47 01 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 42 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 48 55 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 07 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 50 57 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 52 21 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 53 22 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 51 12 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 53 41 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 56 37 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 56 48 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 00 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 06 PM (1).jpg
Photo Aug 06, 7 17 17 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 8 58 06 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 06, 7 17 56 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 06, 7 18 11 AM.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

dallas.craigslist.org link target="_BLANK">dallas.craigslist.org link

Seller insights

These are angryjeep's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to angryjeep's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Allen, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

#2 8 years ago

Gulp

#4 8 years ago

yeah GULP

#5 8 years ago

So is this a firm price or OBO?

#6 8 years ago

Just asking as this was interesting thread you may want to check out regarding price....https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-no-fear-dangerous-sports/page/2

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

So is this a firm price or OBO?

OBO. This is a really nice machine. Plays well and very fast. It's just not a title I am into. It came with a r&b that my wife wanted. Now she doesn't like it either! It will go up as soon as I get a chance to clean it. I was really surprised at the pf condition on that no fear. I polished up like a piece of jewelry.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

Just asking as this was interesting thread you may want to check out regarding price....https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-no-fear-dangerous-sports/page/2

Wow! That is a nice game. Mine is nice but that is better than new!

#10 8 years ago

Quite a bit of fade on the cabinet. I sold a home use only one with none of the defects mentioned here and 0 fade on the cabinet for $3300 earlier this year. And it took a while to sell. Sometimes location is everything, good luck with the sale!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

O I was really surprised at the pf condition on that No Fear.

NF aren't known to have many PF wear issues other than inlanes. Grand Lizard to seller, be ready to wait on this one. Hard title to move for me.

#12 8 years ago

Silverjet balls are not recommended for games with magnets, as the ball can become magnetized.

#13 8 years ago

O my ....... nice looking pin

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

the ball accelerator works perfect!

Not sure what the ball accelerator is but I do know what accelerated fade is. GLWS!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Silverjet balls are not recommended for games with magnets, as the ball can become magnetized.

oh yeaahhhhh... Thanks. I'll swap them out.

Quoted from bigd1979:

O my ....... nice looking pin

Thanks!

I'm just as interested in trades. A BSD or SS with a minor problem or two would be great. I am full up here so I need to loose a few to gain a few. Just picked up a STTNG today!!!

#16 8 years ago

^^^^^^ LoL!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

Reduced to $3600!

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I will since no one has come out and said it yet.

Comparable examples of this game generally see for half of what you're asking. $1700 seems to be the going rate, and I can't recall the last time a non-HEP one went over two grand. I think the HEP one sold for close to your asking price. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this exam is faded, which isn't what most would call beautiful.

Good luck with your sale.

#19 8 years ago

it's OBO but I'm not getting any offers either. I could restore the cab but I don't believe that's what will sell this machine. Maybe it will though... I'm in no real hurry anyhow. I know this is a unpopular title so I expected problems selling it. I wouldn't have taken it in if it weren't part of a combo deal. Thanks for your input. If nothing else, I'll take it to TPF next year.

#20 8 years ago

It's not an unpopular title, but it does turn over often. The OBO thing is great, but in all honesty OP, NF in the condition you list, is hovering around the 2k mark give or take a hundred or two here or there. Just an honest opinion.

#21 8 years ago

Here's an....I love mine bump!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I will since no one has come out and said it yet.
Comparable examples of this game generally see for half of what you're asking. $1700 seems to be the going rate, and I can't recall the last time a non-HEP one went over two grand. I think the HEP one sold for close to your asking price. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this exam is faded, which isn't what most would call beautiful.
Good luck with your sale.

I havent seen any at 1700 or 1800 bucks since I have been in the hobby (a year and 3 months). I see them pop up here and there for 2000.00 to 2500.00 though.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

it's OBO but I'm not getting any offers either

probably because you're so out of most people's ballpark they don't want to insult you

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I havent seen any at 1700 or 1800 bucks since I have been in the hobby (a year and 3 months). I see them pop up here and there for 2000.00 to 2500.00 though.

2500 wouldn't be so bad but I'll try to sell it at TPF before I consider taking that for it.

#25 8 years ago

lol @$2500

$2500 gets you a pretty darn nice unfaded example.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

2500 wouldn't be so bad but I'll try to sell it at TPF

and then have to pay a % of the sale to the show operators? why not try to sell it to a pinsider, without the taxation. good luck!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Ha...funny I sold one for way under 2 on 2014-05-04...a year and 3 months ago no less!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

and then have to pay a % of the sale to the show operators? why not try to sell it to a pinsider, without the taxation. good luck!

If it is a private sale, you don't pay taxes or any fees. If however he puts it into the auction, then the buyer has to pay taxes plus the auction fee.

angryjeep, just FYI there is another NF for sale in OKC in similar condition (I guess) for $2200.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23020

GLWS!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

there is another NF for sale in OKC in similar condition (I guess) for $2200.

I did look at that one. The backbox is kinda gnarly and all bulbs are all incandescent. Same cab fade though! That red really bleaches out in UV light. That machine has a roasted J120, but it may have been re-pinned. Subway is nice and clean!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

I did look at that one. The backbox is kinda gnarly and all bulbs are all incandescent. Same cab fade though! That red really bleaches out in UV light. That machine has a roasted J120, but it may have been re-pinned. Subway is nice and clean!

Here's some more perspective for you, and when he said "fully restored" he meant it, including rebuilding all flippers, replacing the flipper post on the ramp shot flipper, new flipper coils, a new mountain as well as other parts. The playfield had been stripped and waxed. It's easy to tell. I'm happy to own it. I waited for it patiently for about 10 months. Given the limited amount of fade I thought his price was fair. IMHO you aren't going to find a lot of people who will give you a big bump in price for LEDs. Some bump yes, $200 probably not. Good Luck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-williams-no-fear-evart-michigan#post-2350922

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have had opportunities to buy locally for 1800 and 1700 from local collectors, plus there was one in Craigslist here for $1600 OBO. These are all within the past year. I have seen it listed on Pinside between $1700-2000 mote often Than not, and they don't sell fast at those prices.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Jopper:

Here's some more perspective for you

Sounds eerily similar to mine. All flippers rebuilt (minus the coils) including that long flipper bushing, new mountain, lots of incorrect hardware replaced, Spinner was the wrong part, ramp flap screws missing, blah, blah blah...
I cut the playfield with novus fine and a 3M mini foam polishing pad in a die-grinder and then did 4 coats of blitz 100 grand and it turned out so nice, I'm going to do the same to my AFM as soon as I get around to it.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I have had opportunities to buy locally for 1800 and 1700 from local collectors, plus there was one in Craigslist here for $1600 OBO. These are all within the past year. I have seen it listed on Pinside between $1700-2000 mote often Than not, and they don't sell fast at those prices.

Generally agree. However, location, location, location. Seems to be a dearth of pins available "down south" compared to "up north." That's just a perception but it also seems to be reflected in the prices. I can share that the only local NF I could find in Houston was originally listed at $2400 and, no offense intended David, had a pretty rough cabinet, full mylar on the PF with some bubbling, and IMHO only played "so-so." The next most "local" pin which was 6 hours away was fully faded to yellow and the asking price was $2,000.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from angryjeep:

Sounds eerily similar to mine.

The difference is, even with shipping, I paid just over half what you're asking . . .

#35 8 years ago

If you took the monetary value out of the equation, I would choose no fear over 56 of the machines in the pinside top 100. Long live Steve r.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

If you took the monetary value out of the equation, I would choose No Fear over 56 of the machines in the pinside top 100. Long live Steve r.

Amen. I bought it to satisfy my wife's need for speed. It was this or an F-14. So glad we got this one. Loads of fun. Incredibly fast.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

If you took the monetary value out of the equation, I would choose No Fear over 56 of the machines in the pinside top 100. Long live Steve r.

Wow. I would take it over about 14 of those games. Then again, I think I would take it over Next Gen, which most people would say is insane. Different strokes.

#38 8 years ago

I sold mine for 2100 canadian about a year ago.

#39 8 years ago

Someone flush would yaa....there is no more room to pile any more in.....good luck OP.....hope you eventually get a post from an interested party...............Joey

#40 8 years ago

Sold mine $2000, almost as nice.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Wow. I would take it over about 14 of those games. Then again, I think I would take it over Next Gen, which most people would say is insane. Different strokes.

Yea wow is what I thought also. So I went back through again and came up with the same number. Granted some of the games I may have only a few games on but I thought the number would be more like 20 when I first thought of looking into it. Taste in pinball machines is all in the eye of the beholder. Gotta love it!!

#42 8 years ago

Yea ive turned down similar ones with better cabs for 1600-1700 bc I knew when I was done with it id have a hard time selling /trading it. Gl op

#43 8 years ago

I love No Fear

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's not an unpopular title, but it does turn over often. The OBO thing is great, but in all honesty OP, NF in the condition you list, is hovering around the 2k mark give or take a hundred or two here or there. Just an honest opinion.

I sold a nicer one with little to no fade, with the GI OCD board, for $2300 back in February. It took about a month for it to move, too.

#45 8 years ago

I think he gets it guys........OP...change the thread title to..."tell me when and how much you sold your NF for"............Joey

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I think he gets it guys........OP...change the thread title to..."tell me when and how much you sold your NF for"............Joey

"I just bought one in similar shape from Mrs. Glotz for 75 bucks"

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Not yet price is still the same ....but yea I think he understands now but hey ive seen some crazier prices on worst pin that sold to non pinsiders .

#48 8 years ago

No pop bumpers not for me

#49 8 years ago

All this discussion has me thinking of keeping it. I don't *dislike* the title and I don't have anything else coming in right now. I needed the space but 2 machines got picked up last night. I could totally do the cabinet decals on this one. It would be my first cabinet but since it's black it shouldn't be hard. I have done vehicle wraps before so the application should be a breeze.

#50 8 years ago

Got mine for $1000 off CL almost two years ago. Faded cab, dirty and unshopped. Still haven't fully torn it down and shopped it because it plays great and I don't want it out of commission since it's so fun to play.

Probably will always be in my lineup since even after shopping and repainting cabinet, I wouldn't be able to trade or sell for enough to replace it with another good pin. Which is fine because everyone loves it, especially friends who don't play pinball often. Just an easy game to figure out what to do and the ball is always moving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-williams-no-fear-pinball-beautiful-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.