New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 244263)

For sale: Williams 1955 Can Can

By DannyM

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by spikelou2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Can Can Rear 10 (resized).jpg
Can Can Girl Front 2 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 1 year ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,000

for sale

For sale: Williams 1955 Can Can

Added: June 2nd, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

I'm making room in my garage so I'm considering selling this super-rare and interesting game. It's a pinball game in a gun-like cabinet with an amazing animation unit (restored) where the can can girls flip over and show a number on their bottom. I restored the game to full working status, but there are two major issues: (1) it needs a repro backglass since this one is 1/3rd gone and (2) the cardboard "curtains" framing the dancing girls are missing and should be recreated (doesn't effect the functions at all... both are cosmetic). The paper apron is also missing. This was a gambling game since although it has backbox light scoring, the replay counter has 3 digits (up to 999 free games)!! You can win ~50 free games during one play (very difficult, of course). This also has the only slip-clutch I've ever seen on a non-bingo pinball machine. It is used to assign a random feature at the start of the game.

I'll add some more pictures here later but you can see photos of my machine on Clay's website (all but the last 2 photos are my machine; the animation unit is shown before it was restored).
http://pinrepair.com/wmswood/cancan.htm

You can also see a video of my machine in action (with the backglass removed to get a better view of the can can dancers) here:

Not in perfect shape by any means, but with a new backglass it will be a star of your collection.

Item photos

Can Can Girl Front 2 (resized).jpg
Can Can Rear 10 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Orinda, CA, US

Seller insights

These are DannyM's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to DannyM's stats page

#2 1 year ago

The numbers on the butts are sexy AF just sayin

#3 1 year ago

What a cool piece of Americana

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside