IMG_0518 (resized).jpg
IMG_0517 (resized).jpg
IMG_0516 (resized).jpg
IMG_0515 (resized).jpg
IMG_0495 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0494 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0493 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0492 2 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: White Water (UPDATE)

Added: 2019-07-17 21:55:38 UTC
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from babymouse:

I am not sure if I have the game condition listed correctly (HUO)

It isn't and your pictures are horrible. Good luck.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It isn't and your pictures are horrible. Good luck.

Lol

#4 4 years ago

For the price you are asking, much higher resolution and quality pictures should be provided. There's no way to see the actual condition of the machine with the pictures you have posted.

#5 4 years ago

For 7 grand at least post 7 pictures.

#6 4 years ago

In order to claim HUO you need to have documentation to back it up. It's quite possible that it is a Home Used Only Game, you just need to prove it. I would use Home Used Condition. That would need to be backed up by nice close up pics of the playfield with the game off glass off. Especially the shooter lane and the mine kick out spot the ball lands on.

#7 4 years ago

In all fairness , he does say he didn't know how to correctly list the game and I'm guessing he has not posted many games for sale.
So as stated in the above replies might give him a better understanding of how to sell this pin ...

GLWS

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

In all fairness , he does say he didn't know how to correctly list the game and I'm guessing he has not posted many games for sale.
So as stated in the above replies might give him a better understanding of how to sell this pin ...
GLWS</blockquote

Exactly,
Most guys on here don't get that.
Aggressive criticism right off the bat.

#9 4 years ago

Thank you, Transprtr4u. You are right, I am definitely new to this. First time selling anything on a forum. I can take high res images and post. I will see if I can change it to a Home Used Only machine. I don't know the history before I purchased in the late 90s. I do have the original manual. Thank you.

#10 4 years ago

how did whitewater go from a 4k game to a 7k game in a years time?

#11 4 years ago

White Water was once considered the most underrated Williams/Bally Game. In order for a game to double it's value in a short time like this people have to be buying it at the higher prices. Demand!

#12 4 years ago

I have posted new images in case interested.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from babymouse:

I have posted new images in case interested.

Muuuuch better! In the "seasoned" condition thi sis in you might want to take soe more pics of the boards in the backbox if you don't get any nibbles from people.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

It didn’t.

#15 4 years ago

Wh20 has been around $5k for quite a while.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

#16 4 years ago

Looks nice, just needs a good cleaning and see below suggestions. GLWTS!

#17 4 years ago

Just helping you sell. If you’re serious about selling, lower your asking price. It shows wear on PF. It needs to be torn down and cleaned. This game is a tough one. And if it resets, it would be considered partially working.

#18 4 years ago

If it's HUO is been in a rough home and I wouldn't claim HUO status on this game at all. You're going to struggle to get $4k for this game...cleaning it up will go a long way. Just from a 20 second look at the pictures:

- The lock targets are not the correct ones.
- The boulder under the waterfall ramp, where it attaches to the star post, is broken.
- The boulder under the waterfall ramp at the flasher has a hole in it.
- The boulder garden boulder looks like it's been repaired.
- The right slingshot plastic is broken.
- Worn playfield at the Lost Mine kick-out.

#19 4 years ago

Yep, that mine vuk is killer on this title. Can be fixed though.

#20 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! The asking price based on what I saw online, wasn't sure how else to estimate.

#21 4 years ago

By the way, is it typically worth the investment to have the machine refurbished before selling? There are resources in Chicago that will refurbish, repair and such but it is costly ($500 just to pick the machine up).

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

If it's HUO is been in a rough home and I wouldn't claim HUO status on this game at all. You're going to struggle to get $4k for this game...cleaning it up will go a long way. Just from a 20 second look at the pictures:
- The lock targets are not the correct ones.
- The boulder under the waterfall ramp, where it attaches to the star post, is broken.
- The boulder under the waterfall ramp at the flasher has a hole in it.
- The boulder garden boulder looks like it's been repaired.
- The right slingshot plastic is broken.
- Worn playfield at the Lost Mine kick-out.

Struggle to get $4K? I doubt that... game looks generally good. I'm thinking this will fetch $4.5K easily... probably market value in the high $4s to $5-ish

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from babymouse:

By the way, is it typically worth the investment to have the machine refurbished before selling? There are resources in Chicago that will refurbish, repair and such but it is costly ($500 just to pick the machine up).

Probably not.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from babymouse:

Thanks for the feedback! The asking price based on what I saw online, wasn't sure how else to estimate.

In this ad, you linked it to WhiteWater. If you click on that WhiteWater logo, it will bring you to the Pinside page for this title, which shows the estimated range as $4,620 - $5,380. That's why people here are going to balk at a $7K price tag for a game in need of cleaning with wear at the kickout and other cosmetic issues. For the top end of the range, people here will expect a clean game, fully working, minimal cosmetic issues.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wh20 has been around $5k for quite a while.

that's funny because I bought mine, buddy bought his, and another friend sold one last spring/summer for 4k.

#26 4 years ago

It's usually helpful to look at recent sales: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=536

It's hard to find the amount sold for most of them, although it's a good bet that "Firm" listings sold for close to the listed price. You can compare and contrast your machine with the ones listed and see why expensive ones are expensive. IMO if you're patient you might be able to get low $5K range.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Struggle to get $4K? I doubt that... game looks generally good. I'm thinking this will fetch $4.5K easily... probably market value in the high $4s to $5-ish

Thank you, 27dnast and Yoko2una. I've seen that the original topper and Bigfoot help with the value. But, I understand the other areas that may need adjustment as well.

#28 4 years ago

Your cracked boulders aren't all that uncommon... Starship Fantasy will run more repros at some point. Or, you might be able to snag some from eBay.

You might want to pull the backglass and take some photos of the batteries... if I were a buyer, I'd be really interested to see what's going on there, especially since you've had the game for 20 years and you're a novice. Maybe lift the playfield (remove balls first) and photo inside playfield... also photo backside of the cabinet head.

I do believe you're sitting on a game that will sell in the 4.5-5-ish range. Playfield and cabinet looks nice.

Don't let the price police jump on you too much, you did list as OBO. You're just going to have to wait and see what kind of offers your receive.

White Water is a very popular title... but summer time plus the expense of new available titles might make the process a little slow. Be patient.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that's funny because I bought mine, buddy bought his, and another friend sold one last spring/summer for 4k.

those are good prices, you don't see $4k around here unless the game needs work. sometimes you get lucky, but mostly they are going for around $5k. The one in this ad is likely an average game, so 4800 for a quicker sale. they are in good demand I think, popular and very fun game, as we all know.

#30 4 years ago

with parts cost, bath it, and get it working, I would pay $4k. It will sit forever at anything over $5k

#31 4 years ago

OP seems like a genuine guy, just new to this. OP I suggest you search the forum for other adds which received many upvotes to understand the type of pictures the community cares about (glass off and document any scratches, dirt, cracks on the play field, backless and cabinet).

Also search for previous whitewater ads to understand the price it fetched and why.

Typically unless you do your own cleaning and maintenance -- and if you are new it will be tough -- it's tough to justify the cost of having a professional do it. Although it IS far less hassle in selling the game as you're experiencing

#32 4 years ago

Last year I had 2 Wh20's, , both VERY nice playable pins. Both original, no mods (except for color DMD) or hacks. Due due space concerns, I put one up for sale. Sold it in 2 days for 5500.00 and it was the lesser condition of the 2.
In in CT so location may play a part here, but cannot be sure. Bottom line is Wh20's are more or less a ~5000.00 pin these days, maybe a bit more with *tasteful* mods. YMMV though...

#33 4 years ago

LOL - Op is told game should be around 5K or less by almost all posts, and adjusted accordingly - dropped price by $100 to $6899

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

dropped price by $100 to $6899

He is not listening....

#35 4 years ago

his wife must be making him list it! "im not sure why it ain't sold yet honey?"

#36 4 years ago

I'd pay maybe $3500 given the condition, if I wanted this game. It's not in great condition. Gonna watch this thread implode, as others are pointing out, the op is being pretty lazy about the spot on feedback. Annnyway.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

his wife must be making him list it! "im not sure why it ain't sold yet honey?

Hey, Thats an Idea... gonna try that...

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

I'd pay maybe $3500 given the condition, if I wanted this game. It's not in great condition. Gonna watch this thread implode, as others are pointing out, the op is being pretty lazy about the spot on feedback. Annnyway.

Yeah you and EVERY other Pinsider. Maybe $3500, lol.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

I guess I'll continue the bidding - $3600 here.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

I’d pay $3500 for a Tron LE!

Just say’n

#41 4 years ago

Those ramps look black!!???

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I guess I'll continue the bidding - $3600 here.

#43 4 years ago

I'l offer 50% of your asking price for being local.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I'l offer 50% of your asking price for being local.

We may need to get to a sub zip code level if “local” is a bargaining chip

#45 4 years ago

Hey OP...a lot of offers here...and none have broken the $4k threshold yet.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Hey OP...a lot of offers here...and none have broken the $4k threshold yet.

Im in for 4.1k...and I already have a WH20

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im in for 4.1k...and I already have a WH20

LOL! You can never have too many Whitewaters. I have 2 right now and had 3 at one time. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get anymore for the prices I was able to grab all mine for.

#48 4 years ago

Now you guys got me worried ...Lol! We moved (those that have been here . 10 minutes closer to Fort Wayne) We are at 10 pins now and need to move one and it looks like it will be White Water. Wanting a MMR but Kelly is set on keeping DI. I try not to argue since having a significant other in the hobby is a plus I’m told.
Babymouse hold true to what you feel. But understand these PS Vets will never Guide you wrong.
GLWS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-white-water-66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.