IMG_20180220_154216211 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154321932 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180221_100658919 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213947841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213719022 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213654534 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: White Water

Added: 2018-02-12 04:09:45 UTC • Ended: March 5th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

The good:

All new ramps approx 2 yrs ago
All new boulders set
Metal target protectors and boulders protectors
New topper dome
Boulder shooter rod
Raft mods
No longer available missing mountain mod
pingraffix side blades
Missing plastic mod for left inlane
New playfield glass
LEDs in all inserts and flashers

Game plays perfectly and had full flipper mech replacements from pinball life installed approx 2 years ago and strong and fast as they should be.
No lost mine wear.

The not so good;
Drilled for lockdown bar
Plays perfectly, but does have insert wear on rafts and one arrow insert. Close up pics make them look worse than the game shows.
Cabinet has little or no fade, but a couple bumps and bruises.
Pictures show a color display that has since been replaced with original.
No stairs, easy pickup.

Item photos

IMG_20180201_213859959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213913701 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213854151 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213851648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213845064 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213839448 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213816704 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213827209 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213805511 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213726857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213654534 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180201_213947841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154321932 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154216211 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154021113 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154208546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_154454664 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_153916919 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_153935093 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180220_152435346 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180221_100637650 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are yzfguy's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to yzfguy's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Jefferson, NJ, US

#2 6 years ago

I love Wh20 - great game. GLWTS

#3 6 years ago

Nice game, would love to own one.

#4 6 years ago

Nice example. If I didn't already own one, you'd be getting a call. And if I had your number. Anyway...

"Hey, you've found the secret passage!" bump!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nice game, would love to own one.

I’m sure he would trade for LOTR.

#6 6 years ago

That one isn't leaving!

#7 6 years ago

I'm primarily looking to get an Addams or a lotr, but I would entertain local trade offers.

Added over 6 years ago: Found a new game... Can't fit a trade anymore

#8 6 years ago

A game came up locally that I want, so I'd like this outta here Come get this for 5400 with colordmd. Cash and Carry, no steps to deal with, easy load.

#9 6 years ago

Brent’s pins are all in excellent condition and he does a great job with his mods.

#10 6 years ago

Smoking deal

#11 6 years ago

Beautiful pin. GLWS

#12 6 years ago

Bump

#13 6 years ago

Couple of nibbles but no commitment. Someone come take this.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Couple of nibbles but no commitment. Someone come take this.

may want to take a look around at what other condition/cost wh2o are advertised for/sold in the more recent past and adjust.

There have been quite a few out in all the usual places lately to compare to and adjust if you are so inclined.

GLWS

#15 6 years ago

Looking for a White Water -- wish you were closer. I prefer to pickup in person and Jersey is just a bit too far. . .

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

may want to take a look around at what other condition/cost wh2o are advertised for/sold in the more recent past and adjust.
There have been quite a few out in all the usual places lately to compare to and adjust if you are so inclined.
GLWS

I appreciate you being polite about the price
Here's how I see it: even if you aren't into the mods like missing mountain, shooter rod....
The ramps and colordmd are a grand right there. So a base price of 4400 seems right on par to me. It plays perfectly and shows great in person.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I appreciate you being polite about the price
Here's how I see it: even if you aren't into the mods like missing mountain, shooter rod....
The ramps and colordmd are a grand right there. So a base price of 4400 seems right on par to me. It plays perfectly and shows great in person.

I think most people are scared off by this >>>

Quoted from yzfguy:

but does have insert wear on rafts and one arrow insert

sadly, chipped inserts are something that tends to really impact value for most. I know for me personally, the pf is always my biggest thing.

If you value the mods at a grand then I honestly would pull them and sell them separate to reduce the price. Mods rarely get out what they cost to put in.
Cheers

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you value the mods at a grand then I honestly would pull them and sell them separate to reduce the price. Mods rarely get out what they cost to put in.
Cheers

I don’t know if new ramps count as a “mod” and are expensive on a wh2o.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think most people are scared off by this >>>

sadly, chipped inserts are something that tends to really impact value for most. I know for me personally, the pf is always my biggest thing.
Cheers

Like I stated in the ad, I pointed out the insert wear and zoomed in to be completely honest about the condition. It is some slight wear at the edge of the rafts and not an unsightly thing. The game shows nice and plays like butta.....
Whysnow, you're pushing your luck.... I may not buy you a beer at Allentown now !

#20 6 years ago

Most people dont like paying for new ramps already installed....I think the chipped inserts really hurts. most things can be replaced easily except the pf....My last 2 pins I had to keep dropping price until they both sold.....You drop the price some and this game will sell. People are still digesting 5k Whitewater's

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Whysnow, you're pushing your luck.... I may not buy you a beer at Allentown now !

i will shut up

#22 6 years ago

I think it's a fair price. I'd value a bone stock game in this condition at max $4,500. The ColorDMD, new ramps, new boulders, target protector and new dome I would consider that value added...but only at about 75% of original value. The rest of the stuff that's listed I wouldn't pay extra for. So, $5,400 for this game in this condition seems reasonable. He is giving a $300 discount without the ColorDMD.

#23 6 years ago

Free delivery to an Allentown Hotel of your choice?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Free delivery to an Allentown Hotel of your choice?

Dont think he wants to hold it 2 1/2 months

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Dont think he wants to hold it 2 1/2 months

It's an Allentown Hotel joke from the other thread..

#26 6 years ago

I would take the wh20 at 5k and a nice TZ with mods at 6.....But I'm about 6 months late to the party

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I think it's a fair price. I'd value a bone stock game in this condition at max $4,500. The ColorDMD, new ramps, new boulders, target protector and new dome I would consider that value added..
He is giving a $300 discount without the ColorDMD.

Few thoughts on this since no one did or would ask. I find this the toughest part of pricing; how much can you charge for parts of a game that are "new," that are part of the original purchase you'd be making anyway?
How much does a new ramp add over an old ramp? I mean "I'm buying" a Wh20, so I assume it has ramps on it, if it didn't I'd be deducting price to replace them. But a straight 75% for 2 year old ramps...2 or 3 of them you don't even see? Always been an interesting subject for me.

bump - I thought it would have sold by now.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Few thoughts on this since no one did or would ask. I find this the toughest part of pricing; how much can you charge for parts of a game that are "new," that are part of the original purchase you'd be making anyway?
How much does a new ramp add over an old ramp? I mean "I'm buying" a Wh20, so I assume it has ramps on it, if it didn't I'd be deducting price to replace them. But a straight 75% for 2 year old ramps...2 or 3 of them you don't even see? Always been an interesting subject for me.
bump - I thought it would have sold by now.

I have always thought the same thing, great point.

#29 6 years ago

So, by that logic....
Let's go to the cargument.
If I buy a 23 year old car, am I paying the same for one with bald tires, 23 yr old brake pads and a cracked windshield as the one on the lot across the street with a new windshield, , fresh brakes and new shoes?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, by that logic....
If I buy a 23 year old car, am I paying the same for one with bald tires, 23 yr old brake pads and a cracked windshield as the one on the lot across the street with a new windshield, , fresh brakes and new shoes?

Totally agree with this logic and think the OP has priced the machine well. For a game with a bunch of ramps and plastics (boulders) that are prone to cracking and whatnot, I believe new ramps and boulders are a value add. You can't expect to get 100% of your cost for those items back, but you shouldn't expect to completely lost on those additions either. Hell, even a $400 colorDMD that most buyers want doesn't usually fetch a full return...it's typically 75% at $300.

I think it's a nice machine and I am surprised it hasn't sold yet, especially after the price drop. I've encountered many whitewaters in inferior condition and the asking price wasn't too much lower than what the OP is asking

glws

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, by that logic....

But carguments are dumb and are just filled with silly false equivalencies.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, that'll do it.

But seriously, I don't know the answer which is why I brought it up. I would say brakes on a car are obviously nothing like ramps so I don't know there. Cracked windshield might be closer...were you old ramps cracked?

#32 6 years ago

How can you list a WH20 for sale without a full description of the topper? I see you list a new dome but is the decal original and un-wrinkled? That alone is worth more than the ramps these days. Not trying to single you out but every time I see a WH20 listed without this detail I just immediately assume it's not an original topper.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How can you list a WH20 for sale without a full description of the topper? I see you list a new dome but is the decal original and un-wrinkled? That alone is worth more than the ramps these days. Not trying to single you out but every time I see a WH20 listed without this detail I just immediately assume it's not an original topper.

I think were beating this post to death...most toppers I have had were wrinkled. Bottom line: at 5k this game sells in an hour

#34 6 years ago

I am adding some cab pics and a topper pic to the ad.the topper is "original", it had fade so has the cutout decal with detailed cutouts of the boulders so all of the foil shows the waterfall effect. So still the good condition foil, with the freshened up look of the colored portion. I wish I could post a movie clip on here.

IMG_20180221_100658919 (resized).jpgIMG_20180221_100658919 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

Interested in a Congo?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Interested in a Congo?

Thanks, but I can't take trades anymore. I need a bigger house

#37 6 years ago

Sold mine in Simalar condition for 5500 couple weeks ago price is the current standard give or take glwts looks nice

#38 6 years ago

I'll take the color screen. if the op wants to sell that separate.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'll take the color screen. if the op wants to sell that separate.

Thanks, I have another game to put that in. If someone wants this without it, I'll keep it.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, I have another game to put that in. If someone wants this without it, I'll keep it.

Ill take the leg levelers if the OP wants to sell that separate. sheesh.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you in the market for a wh2o since you are tracking topper listings/descriptions?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ill take the leg levelers if the OP wants to sell that separate. sheesh.

Dibs on the back box latch.

#43 6 years ago

Coming to buffalo anytime soon op?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Almost..... I will be at Pintastic!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Dibs on the back box latch.

Shucks!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Are you in the market for a wh2o since you are tracking topper listings/descriptions?

Yes, but I'm not sure why that matters at the moment.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Buy it. I picked up a WH20 about 10 months ago and it’s been a hit in my book. A classic game with a great layout.

#48 6 years ago

Hmmmm.... Fantastic topper, clean unfaded cabinet, color DMD, all new ramps. Strangely no lost mine kickout wear. And... great seller. Why hasn't this sold yet? Somebody buy this, ASAP. I just sold mine and I have to sell another game to fit one on the way. Still so tempting. Also, our collections are starting to weirdly morph into each other's haha.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hmmmm.... Fantastic topper, clean unfaded cabinet, color DMD, all new ramps. Strangely no lost mine kickout wear. And... great seller. Why hasn't this sold yet? Somebody buy this, ASAP. I just sold mine and I have to sell another game to fit one on the way. Still so tempting. Also, our collections are starting to weirdly morph into each other's haha.

Lol, thanks. I never thought I would get rid of this game, but I have had it a long time and have limited space

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Why hasn't this sold yet? Somebody buy this, ASAP. I just sold mine and I have to sell another game to fit one on the way.

I guess you somewhat filled the local demand when you sold yours. It does look super nice, and that's the only machine I have listed on my "wishlist". Would love to buy, but just bought 2 recently that I'm not willing to part with. Would need to sell in order to buy, very tempting though.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-white-water-27?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.