• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Walter_White_S5B (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 5 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: White Watert

Added: 2022-02-22 15:16:18 UTC • Ended: February 26th, 2022
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 5,800 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

In need of room I have an awesome game that I know somebody would really appreciate . By both I’ll make you great deal . A friend that went knocked on the door and wants to buy it so it may be tentatively sold . Will have to see what happens

Item photos

image (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Orillia, ON, CA

Seller insights

These are Vetman's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Vetman's stats page

#2 5 months ago

3.....2.....1.....sold

#3 5 months ago

Havent seen a WH20 under 6k for awhile....
Should sell quickly

#4 5 months ago

are we really that hyper focused on price nowadays, that there's absolutely no mention of this post having no description, virtually no pictures, and this is a first time poster who's been here less than a month?? That's not even to mention that the price is just enough below market to lure anyone and everyone!

I'm not saying the post and seller aren't legit. maybe they are, maybe they're not. but with the frequency of scams in this community, and this currently having all the tell-tale signs of being one of them, they should do a lot more to prove they're the real deal. if i'm wrong, i'll be the first one to apologize and acknowledge it. but i'd rather be wrong, than see someone lose their shirt because nobody spoke up. that's all i'm saying. proceed accordingly.

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

are we really that hyper focused on price nowadays, that there's absolutely no mention of this post having no description, virtually no pictures, and this is a first time poster who's been here less than a month?? That's not even to mention that the price is just enough below market to lure anyone and everyone!
I'm not saying the post and seller aren't legit. maybe they are, maybe they're not. but with the frequency of scams in this community, and this currently having all the tell-tale signs of being one of them, they should do a lot more to prove they're the real deal. if i'm wrong, i'll be the first one to apologize and acknowledge it. but i'd rather be wrong, than see someone lose their shirt because nobody spoke up. that's all i'm saying. proceed accordingly.

Deciding to bite my tongue.

GLWTS op.

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Odds are it is a scam

#7 5 months ago

Also this is Canada where pin prices are generally much higher than US prices, so if this is a great deal in the US its an insane deal in Canada

#8 5 months ago

heh heh um be careful with this one....

#9 5 months ago

If I were close to the seller, I'd offer to come pick it up right now, cash in hand. That always filters out a scam real quick.

#10 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Deciding to bite my tongue.
GLWTS op.

what the hell Blackbeard? why the downvote? if you know something the rest of us don't, why not just share it? otherwise, downvoting me for trying to protect my fellow hobbyists is pretty lame. the worst that happens from my comment is the seller proves he's legit and sells his game. the best that happens is folks don't walk into a trap. i don't know what you need to bite your tongue about.

#11 5 months ago

Orillia isn’t that far from Toronto.
Someone will go to see the games in person.
New seller but I don’t think it’s a scam.
I’m not able to help, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone could go to validate these games prior to sending a deposit if anyone is interested.
Possibly find someone in/near the seller and send them the money. They go check to ensure all is on the up and up and act on your behalf. Throw them a few bucks for their time etc.
You’d still have to consider packing for shipping and work out the details of course.

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

what the hell Blackbeard? why the downvote? if you know something the rest of us don't, why not just share it? otherwise, downvoting me for trying to protect my fellow hobbyists is pretty lame. the worst that happens from my comment is the seller proves he's legit and sells his game. the best that happens is folks don't walk into a trap. i don't know what you need to bite your tongue about.

The ad is "too good to be true," written incoherently, first post ever, zero pics...I would say at the very least "caution" is warranted. Don't see how you could come to any other conclusion.

Will somebody please explain to me what the fuck this means, and why it's included in a For Sale ad for a "White Watert?":

"A friend that went knocked on the door and wants to buy it so it may be tentatively sold . Will have to see what happens"

#13 5 months ago

Red flags on red flags. OP should change his name to “vett this man”… nah. Why should Pinside care about allowing scams when they can simply tell you to beware of scams in a stickied topic?

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will somebody please explain to me what the fuck this means, and why it's included in a For Sale ad for a "White Watert?":
"A friend that went knocked on the door and wants to buy it so it may be tentatively sold . Will have to see what happens"

Translation: You'd better act fast, AKA send me a deposit via Venmo or other non-recourse payment.

#15 5 months ago

Even by the all-too-familiar Pinside standards of "Canadian posting after a 12-pack of Labatt's," this is one bizarre, and confusing post.

I'm still trying to figure out what it means...his friend that went and knocked on the door...and said he wants to by it... but we have to see what happens...

Look, I know not everybody here is an English major, but this ad reads like it was written by a Speak N Spell on dying batteries after a 2 week bender.

Oh, and Blackbeard is firmly in his corner and wishing the "seller" good luck for some reason.

Just a big bowl of bizarre.

#16 5 months ago

Seems legit

#17 5 months ago

if you cant trust a random stranger on the internet who can you trust?

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from radium:

if you cant trust a random stranger on the internet who can you trust?

You certainly can't trust the friend that went and knocked on the door.

I keep thinking of the Three's Company opening credits.

#19 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Just seems like you're slamming yet another FS ad at a decent price. Granted he needs more pics, but you're becoming a nuisance in my opinion.

#20 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just seems like you're slamming yet another FS ad at a decent price. Granted he needs more pics, but you're becoming a nuisance in my opinion.

project much?

#21 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

project much?

Say what you want. I call out outrageous pricing.

You just always add your two cents to everything. Price related or not. It's like you have zero life outside Pinside.

#22 5 months ago

It's a White Watert, guys. That's obviously different from a Whitewater. Price checks out for the former.

#23 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Say what you want. I call out outrageous pricing.
You just always add your two cents to everything. Price related or not. It's like you have zero life outside Pinside.

is this the part where you tell me my two cents is at least one cent above the pinside average?

#24 5 months ago

I know why the price is so low - this is a knockoff "White Watert" (WH2OT) pin, not an actual "White Water" (WH2O).

pasted_image (resized).png

#25 5 months ago

you guys are ruining a perfectly good scam thread

#26 5 months ago

I like Canadian Whiskey and Watert.

#27 5 months ago

www.whitewatert.com

#30 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Granted, needs more pics. Also, needs more actual game for sale rather than an obvious illiterate scam.

I'm starting to think the Pinball Price Police force needs to up its admission standards a little. Is there really nothing on the exam about possible scams and the stuff to look for, or is it solely focused upon asking price and zero about anything else?

For example, I would put this as a question on the Pinside Price Police Form Exam:

"You see an ad for a Whitewater priced well below 'market value.' The ad - which misspells the name of the game, along with the word 'buy,' - also includes the following incoherent sentence fragment: 'A friend that went knocked on the door and wants to buy it so it may be tentatively sold .'

Do you see any obvious red flags on this for sale ad, and if so, what are they?"

#31 5 months ago
Quoted from Vetman:

A friend that went knocked on the door and wants to buy it so it may be tentatively sold . Will have to see what happens

I would say it must already be gone if this happened. We all know what happens with the door knockers

#32 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, I know not everybody here is an English major, but this ad reads like it was written by a Speak N Spell on dying batteries after a 2 week bender.

I LOVE this quote. LOL. Made me laugh.

#34 5 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If I were close to the seller, I'd offer to come pick it up right now, cash in hand. That always filters out a scam real quick.

Except for those guys that robbed a buyer in NY a while back. can't ask for a better target....some guy/gal you know is coming with a pocket full of cash, and usually miles from home turf.

#35 5 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Except for those guys that robbed a buyer in NY a while back. can't ask for a better target....some guy/gal you know is coming with a pocket full of cash, and usually miles from home turf.

That's why I travel with friends, all armed, whenever state laws allow. Down here in the Southeast, they DO allow.
But seriously, all it usually takes is a brief phone discussion with the seller to know if they're legit or not.

#36 5 months ago

“By both I’ll make you a great deal .” Sounds like an attempt to package a two-machine deal, but no second machine is mentioned (unless it’s a reference to the powered-off Metallica partially shown next to the WW).

“Imamaculate” has become part of the Pinside lexicon, is “White Watert” next?

#37 5 months ago

This may make more waves, but I think the op has a Batman 66 LE for sale for a mere $20K.
Its ad is not quite as bad as a speak and spell with run down batteries, maybe just one battery is weak. Like a smoke detector when the 9V is dying.
CHIRP.

#38 5 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

This may make more waves, but I think the op has a Batman 66 LE for sale for a mere $20K.
Its ad is not quite as bad as a speak and spell with run down batteries, maybe just one battery is weak. Like a smoke detector when the 9V is dying.
CHIRP.

Ah, mystery solved. The BM66 ad says “Buy both my machines I’ll make you a great deal”

#39 5 months ago

Shit, if he can get that price for that imaginary White Watert mine must be worth twice as much. Cash on imaginary glass only

#40 5 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Ah, mystery solved. The BM66 ad says “Buy both my machines I’ll make you a great deal”

Aka, if you let me rob you on both games that I don’t really have, I’ll take 10% off of the amount I was going to burn you!! It’s like a sale! He is only trying to help!

#41 5 months ago

Can’t an admin just pull the OP’s IP address and check the region?

#42 5 months ago

It's a definite buy for me if the Nigerian prince is willing to sign the translite!

#43 5 months ago

Waiting for the third pin in the trilogy to show up for sale - White Walter

#44 5 months ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Waiting for the third pin in the trilogy to show up for sale - White Walter

Walter_White_S5B (resized).png

#45 5 months ago

Actually isn't Dennis working on a new game in the trilogy, Grey Water?

#46 5 months ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Cash on imaginary glass only

But to be consistent, it would need to be imaginary cash.

#47 5 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

But to be consistent, it would need to be imaginary cash.

LOL, Spongebob bubble money!

#48 5 months ago

Is this still available???

PM SENT PM SENT

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!