3E4D1FDD-98A8-457E-93B7-FAD72E187DFB (resized).jpeg
00D7B29B-0DE1-45EB-940E-BBCDB08CA092 (resized).jpeg
C9AA11F2-BB61-4F6D-AA74-79B52A038B97 (resized).jpeg
92A0D959-BF73-4496-AE05-5234F010D232 (resized).jpeg
869E0DC8-C11D-42D0-A81F-24A574E8810C (resized).jpeg
031A5445-BC2F-4D39-8DC3-4CD0B4400116 (resized).jpeg
4996479D-83AB-4DAA-9527-710A49168412 (resized).jpeg
603DB906-33C3-44A1-8B25-0CDD52730249 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

What’s the point of one way feedback??

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Yep, much to my disappointment Pinside has gone the way of eBay and Amazon. Everything‘s happy feely touchy good! No bad vibes. We don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings here (Or spread the word about

Good to know that feedback is now completely meaningless.

Scammers will be loving this.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

He should have put this chrome kit he sold on it. Chrome looks amazing with a fresh blue cab
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-pinball-chrome-dress-up-kit-

But then that snazzy coin box wouldn't match! LOL

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Anyone that knows me and my work knows I wouldn’t build anything that looks like that. Even by request I would refuse it.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

My first thought when I saw this was, "There is no way Chris would agree to those colors!"

I have been looking for a nice WH20 for awhile, with sending one to HEP as an option. If the seller hadn't misrepresented the game, used less, uhhh *bold* powder coat and lighting options, and had it priced at a reasonable level... I might have been interested!

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

With no recourse, the risk of a sight unseen sale is getting pretty high on here. Your just stuck if you buy that "Pandora's Box" of lights.

#106 2 years ago

Oh come on now! Lmao crazy keeps on keeping on

#107 2 years ago

Someone buy this

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Yep, Robin caved and much to my disappointment Pinside has gone the way of eBay and Amazon. Everything‘s happy feely touchy good! No bad vibes. We don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings here (or spread the word about unscrupulous sellers)

Look at all these happy quips about this machine! Pinside is such a wonderful, positive, welcoming community!

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Yep, Robin caved and much to my disappointment Pinside has gone the way of eBay and Amazon. Everything‘s happy feely touchy good! No bad vibes. We don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings here (or spread the word about unscrupulous sellers)

Fuck that.......everyone gets a trophy...yea!

#110 2 years ago

Dropping negative feedback is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Still can't believe that's real.

#111 2 years ago

Sale pending....shows you how much we know.

Still -- market for a CGC remake?

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Not like these sales are verified.

Probably just a big F-you from the seller to this discussion.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Not like these sales are verified.
Probably just a big F-you from the seller to this discussion.

Agreed. When the CL ad is deleted (and doesn't just get relisted), I might be inclined to think they found a buyer. They're claiming sold on the listing, but we'll see.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

LOL! As a WH2O owner yourself, I am sure you wish that were the case.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

LOL! As a WH2O owner yourself, I am sure you wish that were the case.

Thanks for the downvote for simply mentioning the updated title of this post.

I have no plans to sell mine. In fact, I have never sold any of my pins. But I wouldn't mind upgrading to a CGC remake.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Still -- market for a CGC remake?

Not unless they can get the topper figured out.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Isnt using "HEP" incorrectly what chased xTheBlackKnightx off this site?
He claimed that HEP was an industry standard term to describe pins...

IMO if it is capitalized it would seem that the intent is there. High End versus high end.

#118 2 years ago

What are the sellers motives here? I would be very curious to know.

i may be able to help you, the motive is to get the most amount of money for his / her game by possibly misrepresenting the quality of work that has been done on the machine.

#119 2 years ago

Thank you for the response to my question about the feedback. As a newer member of this particular forum (but not new to pinball or collecting machines), I was unaware that feedback can only be positive. I think this is a nice board overall, but find this particular feature unfortunate. I also find it unfortunate that with archived listing, so few (less than 10% in some cases) indicate the sale price.

As someone interested in adding a couple of new machines, these limitations make it difficult to make purchasing decisions.

#120 2 years ago

20210615_125340 (resized).jpg20210615_125340 (resized).jpg
#121 2 years ago

So that means with only positives allowed, everyone's feedback score is 100%, just like the seller of this machine?

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.55.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.55.43 PM (resized).png
#122 2 years ago

"The answer to all your questions; Is Money"

#123 2 years ago

the price machines sell for should always be disclosed to help the next buyer and seller! not being able to leave negative feedback is nonsense as well. I am really disappointed that this is the route they have taken, this needs to be changed asap.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Dropping negative feedback is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
Still can't believe that's real.

I didn't know that. How unfortunate.

#125 2 years ago

Robin needs to hear this. How are we supposed to complete our due diligence if there’s only positive feedback on everyone? Maybe start PMing Robin to add the option back.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Robin needs to hear this..

Already knows it, he invented it...you posted in the thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negative-recommendations-feature-removed

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Just to be clear: it IS still possible to leave either positive or negative ad-related feedback (when you're invited to leave it, AFTER a sale). It's also still possible to leave a positive recommendation (unsolicited), although the subject Pinsider will get the option to remove this in case it contains details they don't want disclosed. And of course there's always the forum where you can share your stories of bad transactions

I don’t see the problem. If you complete a sale with someone, you’ll get the option to leave positive or negative feedback. Seems reasonable to me.

#128 2 years ago

yep, I voiced my opinion already. I think you can still leave negative feedback on a sold ad but he removed ALL past negative ads which is stupid.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Thank you for the response to my question about the feedback. As a newer member of this particular forum (but not new to pinball or collecting machines), I was unaware that feedback can only be positive. I think this is a nice board overall, but find this particular feature unfortunate. I also find it unfortunate that with archived listing, so few (less than 10% in some cases) indicate the sale price.
As someone interested in adding a couple of new machines, these limitations make it difficult to make purchasing decisions.

I am with you on the sale price feature. It should make you list the sale price.

#130 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sold-on-pinside-amount-private-why-disservice

I inquired about the issue of the sale price seldom being disclosed. Seems like that is a way a lot of members want it. I just personally find it unfortunate that this is how it is.

On the no negative feedback allowed issue, I think if you don't allow negative feedback you should not allow feedback at all, but that is just my own opinion.

For this particular classified, I think the misrepresentation of it being HEP is the main issue. To me that is a deal breaker regardless of price or any other factors. It is my understanding that a machine should not be called HEP even if restored by Chris if that restoration was before his skills evolved and standards increased to where his restorations started to be given the "HEP" label.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Robin needs to hear this. How are we supposed to complete our due diligence if there’s only positive feedback on everyone? Maybe start PMing Robin to add the option back.

Yes, how can you let people know. I bought a machine. From a particular fellow. Come to find out it is a hack, job mess. Say it’s only worth half. How would you help protect others from a deal like that? Honest review is always the best policy. If the seller then is not happy he can give a partial refund and buyer can update the review. That simple!

#132 2 years ago

I have a white water. I am restoring. White water is a hard machine to work on. With new ramps and mountains. It’s has been tough getting all new parts to work with some of the old ones. This fellow has a nice machine for sale. A safe color to use for powder coat is gonna be black. GLWS

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sold-on-pinside-amount-private-why-disservice
I inquired about the issue of the sale price seldom being disclosed. Seems like that is a way a lot of members want it. I just personally find it unfortunate that this is how it is.
On the no negative feedback allowed issue, I think if you don't allow negative feedback you should not allow feedback at all, but that is just my own opinion.
For this particular classified, I think the misrepresentation of it being HEP is the main issue. To me that is a deal breaker regardless of price or any other factors. It is my understanding that a machine should not be called HEP even if restored by Chris if that restoration was before his skills evolved and standards increased to where his restorations started to be given the "HEP" label.

There are a ton of ways to get a good idea of price. A simple price check thread will give you a good idea. But, pricing is variable. Machine condition, region, trends, relationships between buyer/seller, etc. A ton of factors can influence price. Frankly, I've never found the issue you're raising to be an issue. You can ballpark just about any machine with the information we all have access to.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There are a ton of ways to get a good idea of price. A simple price check thread will give you a good idea. But, pricing is variable. Machine condition, region, trends, relationships between buyer/seller, etc. A ton of factors can influence price. Frankly, I've never found the issue you're raising to be an issue. You can ballpark just about any machine with the information we all have access to.

All true, but I think what most people want to know is if the wildly overpriced machines that show up actually sell at or near their batshit crazy pricing.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

All true, but I think what most people want to know is if the wildly overpriced machines that show up actually sell at or near their batshit crazy pricing.

I’ve had a ton of success just pm-ing a seller.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Unfortunately, lots of the crazy priced stuff has been selling this year. It is crazy to see the madness. $10k Stern POTC, $12k Funhouse, $25k Tron, $18k WOZ yellow, $35k JJP POTC, $2000 pins selling for $5k +, the list goes on and on. It will be interesting to see if they hold their value over the next couple years. I am going to say no, but we will see.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

lots of the crazy priced stuff has been selling this year.

Or dishonest people have figured out Pinside can be used to lend some perceived validity to completely BS claimed prices.

At this point unless I know one of the parties involved I don’t believe any number claimed here.

#138 2 years ago

I think the discussion should be continued.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I don’t see the problem. If you complete a sale with someone, you’ll get the option to leave positive or negative feedback. Seems reasonable to me.

Not totally true. I’ve had instances where a sale didn’t go through because of unscrupulous dealings by the seller. There should be a way to leave negative feedback on these situations to protect other Pinsiders. The way it’s set up now you have to complete a sale before given an opportunity to leave negative feedback. Robin suggested starting a forum post to discuss questionable sellers (or buyers), but then we’d have to dig through all the forum to do our due diligence on a seller. All that said, I’ve never left negative feedback , but think I should have the option.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Or dishonest people have figured out Pinside can be used to lend some perceived validity to completely BS claimed prices.
At this point unless I know one of the parties involved I don’t believe any number claimed here.

It really is hard to believe

#140 2 years ago

forgot this was a FS thread for a min. Bump!

2 weeks later
#141 2 years ago

Sale p(ret)ending

#142 2 years ago

It seems prices are up on everything after Covid. This includes pins, collector cars and of course gas. It will change for sure at some point.

#143 2 years ago

Sale pending for a while . Either fake or too cheap to pay the fee

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-white-water-113/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.