20160915_085242 (resized).jpg
20160915_085230 (resized).jpg
20160915_085247 (resized).jpg
20160915_085224 (resized).jpg
20160915_085050 (resized).jpg
20160915_085133 (resized).jpg
20160915_085158 (resized).jpg
20160915_085146 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Whirlwind (Williams, 1990)

Added: 2016-09-15 14:32:05 UTC • Ended: September 18th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 5

Hey guys, I just got this as a partial payment for work I did for a client. I'm looking to sell or trade (Not really sure what game I even want to be honest)
Here's a brief description. Game boots, I did play it for bit, but keeps saying pinball missing. Homeowner said the disks on PF are not spinning. Has sounds too. PF looks decent but I'm not a rater, please look at pics.
Cabinet and head have normal wear but someone did touch up spots, you can see it more on the head in pics, but it is on cab as well.
Lower display looks like a segment is out.
Does have the fan topper that works.

I'm not looking for top dollar, just a fair price or trade and if it's a trade up for me, I can add cash, but please remember, I don't know what I'd even want at this point!
Any questions, just ask or more pic requests.
I am in northern MI 49796
I am also leaving for vacation next wednesday if someone wanted to jump on this before I go... Tx Greg

Item photos

20160915_085146 (resized).jpg
20160915_085158 (resized).jpg
20160915_085133 (resized).jpg
20160915_085050 (resized).jpg
20160915_085224 (resized).jpg
20160915_085247 (resized).jpg
20160915_085230 (resized).jpg
20160915_085242 (resized).jpg
20160915_085238 (resized).jpg
20160915_085234 (resized).jpg
20160915_085155 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Lefman's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Lefman's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 1,650

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Walloon Lake, MI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

#2 7 years ago

2k might be a fair price. Got some wear and a few issues to work through. Typically these go for 2400-2600 in decent shape, they dont come up often though.

#3 7 years ago

$5 ? I'll take it off your hands.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

$5 ? I'll take it off your hands.

Ya but my shipping rates are sky high! Lol
Just looking for a fair deal...

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

2k might be a fair price. Got some wear and a few issues to work through. Typically these go for 2400-2600 in decent shape, they dont come up often though.

Jesus, really?

It's a project game in more or less unknown condition. He wants it gone by vacation - I think around $1500 is much more realistic and sensible.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jesus, really?
It's a project game in more or less unknown condition. He wants it gone by vacation - I think around $1500 is much more realistic and sensible.

Dont need it gone actually, was just letting people know i wouldn't be around for a couple weeks after wednesday...

#7 7 years ago

If it helps the OP any, I bought my Whirlwind for $1900. Everything worked, and the cabinet was in impeccable shape, but the playfield was blown to hell and back.

I agree with CrazyLevi that the $1500 mark (plus or minus a couple hundred) for an "unknown" condition game would be fair asking price.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Dont need it gone actually, was just letting people know i wouldn't be around for a couple weeks after wednesday...

$2000 is a fair price for a whirlwind in plug and play, shopped out shape. $2500 is top end hobby price.

Your game as is $1500 give or take is a realistic and reasonable price.

#9 7 years ago

Game has plenty of issues.

1:Pinball Missing error
2:No Spinnig Disc
3:Right ramp is bad
4:Display Issue

I'd say $2,000 is way out of line. I've seen them sell for $2-2300 fully working.

Your around $1300ish in my book.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$2000 is a fair price for a whirlwind in plug and play, shopped out shape. $2500 is top end hobby price.
Your game as is $1500 give or take is a realistic and reasonable price.

Tx for the input levi, fair is all im askin for and this gives it a good range. Tx!

#11 7 years ago

Those mechanical issues are nothing and can easily be fixed. A new display is $125, a right ramp piece isn't much. Every ww I've seen had wear at the scoops and cliffys will easily cover what's there, add $50 for them. Based on the pics, there isn't a lot of wear around the discs, the pop bumpers, or the left inlane, but it's hard to tell. Looks like some lifting in the lit insert above the right flipper.

When was the last time you saw any ww go for 1300-1500?

Here's one that sounds worse that was asking 1900:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38414

If the game plays 100% otherwise and there are no surprises, 2k is reasonable.

#12 7 years ago

Lets not forget TIME IS MONEY and it will take TIME to fix the ISSUES on the MACHINE otherwise the OP would probably FIX them.

This is a total PROJECT machine. If anyone pay's $2k for it they either really want one or just a dumbass with too much cash.

#13 7 years ago

The $1900 one is from a retailer too. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison since it not only works, but there would be some expectation of some kind of warranty as well. I'd be a buyer at $1500 if I could figure out how to get it closer.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Lets not forget TIME IS MONEY and it will take TIME to fix the ISSUES on the MACHINE otherwise the OP would probably FIX them.
This is a total PROJECT machine. If anyone pay's $2k for it they either really want one or just a dumbass with too much cash.

Replacing a motor is minutes, same with a switch, it's an Hour total to diagnose and fix both. If it is a disc motor, it's $79 at Marco and in stock. I'm sure you could find a used motor for half that. That's the worst case scenario. op not fixing it maybe because he doesn't know how, have the time, or just doesn't want to bother. This is worth more than 1300-1500. The main thing is pf wear and this doesn't seem to have much of it, based on pics supplied. If I were to buy, I'd want more and better pics though.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

The $1900 one is from a retailer too. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison since it not only works, but there would be some expectation of some kind of warranty as well. I'd be a buyer at $1500 if I could figure out how to get it closer.

It doesn't fully work, needs speakers and a fan motor. No warranty is implied in the ad. Doubt it has one at $1900.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Your around $1300ish in my book.

Agreed

#17 7 years ago

It also appears there may be decals on some of the inserts?

#18 7 years ago

If I only kept my WW back in the day!! Been wanting one ever since bit not at today's prices

#19 7 years ago

Only worth what someone will pay. I bought one in better shape for 450.00.
Now that there are playfields again. This is a good candidate for restoration. If there are the problems he knows of, probably a few he doesn't know of.

#20 7 years ago

I see all games as used and If there's playfield wear, I would want to restore it, pending parts availability. That's just me. That considered, I look at cost for playfield, plastics, translite, if damaged, ramps, which are usually cracked or broken, then, what a restored game would sell for. It's easy to be in over your head, and unless you're keeping the game forever, most want to break even, at least.

#21 7 years ago

I often seen people looking for this game in the US or Canada so i consider that is a rare game in your country,sure this one need a good restoration but many of you know it worth it.If were in the US i will take it, for sure 1300 or 1500 it s a good price.

#22 7 years ago

Looks like it has mylar on the pf?

Cosmetically it doesn't look to bad. (What's up with the insert outline on the South arrow?) Your few issues don't sound terrible either, I'd say it's worth 1500/2k depending on how bad they wanted it or how bad you wanted it gone.

I'd be interested, but I'm not sure I have anything in trade you're looking for.

#23 7 years ago

has insert decals as well. 12-1500 max in my book

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

It also appears there may be decals on some of the inserts?

Quoted from doomid:

has insert decals as well. 12-1500 max in my book

Trying to learn, where are the decals?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Trying to learn, where are the decals?

Main compass (S)outh insert. see how far alignment is off?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Ok, so here's more info.. I did a job for a client a few weeks ago. They had this machine and we talked about a partial barter. She wanted to keep it. So a couple nights ago she texted that she wanted to sell to go on a cruise. So I bought it, brought it home and put it in the shed today. Yes I could work on it, but I literally have no space-in my gameroom or shed. My work is busy and we are going on vacation. So I offered it up here for a "fair" price.

I'm not this awesome tech, just a hobbyist but I still don't see me going out to work on it in the shed especially in mid Oct!
Whoever was talking about a PF swap-well this one is pretty decent actually, will clean up nice. There is mylar under the ramps and down the PF, so yea, will clean nice. A few of the issues are pretty standard for you techs so it's not like it's THAT bad of a project in that sense.

These people have had this game for 10-15 years so no PF decal, that S insert just looks a little off, but not because of a decal. So I would say this PF is pretty decent. With some minor tweaking will turn out pretty dang nice!

So again I say, I'M NOT looking for retail, but fair, and the $7-800 offers I've gotten are a joke and everyone here knows that. So make me a fair offer and come and get it!!

These pics are the room I have to work on it-not damn much!

20160915_195143 (resized).jpg20160915_195143 (resized).jpg

20160915_194857 (resized).jpg20160915_194857 (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

Ya know, ya save for what seems like forever.. then finally blow it and all of a sudden sh!t like this pops up

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ya know, ya save for what seems like forever.. then finally blow it and all of a sudden sh!t like this pops up

Just tell her--"I'm buying it"!!

As a sidenote, I thought I could put a few game at my folks, but they're still trying to sell their home and told me today they prefer to not put any games in their pole barn--dammit!!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Main compass (S)outh insert. see how far alignment is off?

Based on the cracks in the black at the top of that insert, I disagree.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

So again I say, I'M NOT looking for retail, but fair, and the $7-800 offers I've gotten are a joke and everyone here knows that. So make me a fair offer and come and get it!!

1k is a fair offer in the current condition and circumstance IMO. I have purchased 2 wwinds in similar condition in the past 2 years for that exact price.

#31 7 years ago

Sold pending pickup on sunday. All PM's answered-tx everyone for input and interest, Greg

#33 7 years ago

Sorry, I'll leave that to the buyer or will update when pin leaves...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-whirlwind-williams-1990-2004 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.