• 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BF373879-D16B-4551-9396-33C1A99A8AA3 (resized).jpg
170605122904-canada-tornado-mowing-lawn-0602-white-crop-super-tease (resized).jpg
20170831_130908 (resized).jpg
20170831_130857 (resized).jpg
20170831_131652 (resized).jpg
20170831_131758 (resized).jpg
IMG_2152 (resized).JPG
IMG_2159 (resized).JPG
IMG_2165 (resized).JPG
20170830_155946 (resized).jpg
20170830_133213 (resized).jpg
20170830_135718 (resized).jpg
20170830_135723 (resized).jpg
20170830_133234 (resized).jpg
20170830_135723 (resized).jpg
20170830_140031 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

It's a forum, dude.
When a game is an overpriced turd, you should expect that this fact might come up when discussing the game.
Put me in the "take $1800 and run" category. Assuming the guy actually shows up with $1800 and it doesn't turn into a $1300 offer.

I've always hated people who do that. We have agreed on a set price, and you come with less than what we agreed on? See ya, game (or whatever) is no longer for sale.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep and those are cheap and plentiful so...

And of poor quality this time around

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I've always hated people who do that. We have agreed on a set price, and you come with less than what we agreed on? See ya, game (or whatever) is no longer for sale.

You probably know how to represent the condition of your game fairly. Casual owners are much worse at this kind of thing, and if there are any surprises I'm absolutely prepared to walk away. I always bring the agreed-upon amount, of course.

Example: "The game is working 100%." Show up and lots of switch and mech problems, and time and date reset when you turn it off (and new batteries don't solve the problem).

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Example: "The game is working 100%." Show up and lots of switch and mech problems, and time and date reset when you turn it off (and new batteries don't solve the problem).

Just change the fuse problem solved

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You probably know how to represent the condition of your game fairly. Casual owners are much worse at this kind of thing, and if there are any surprises I'm absolutely prepared to walk away. I always bring the agreed-upon amount, of course.

I've never had the issue with pinball sales actually (my first game I sold was Lost World, and the guy tried really hard to convince me he should get it for free, since he 'drove all the way out' and he would buy a CC I was babysitting for 300 'to make it even.'he left empty handed.). But furniture and such....Jesus, what a pain in the ass. We agree on 80, guy only brings 10 bucks.....hate that crap.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Your PF is pretty much showing wear all over the place. Many inserts are worn down to the plastic, and has sharpie on the Bonus X inserts. There's wood showing around the spinner discs, and potentially worn down to the wood in other places (right orbit?). Spinner discs will have to be installed as well. The scoops need cliffy's, the ramps need to be completely cleaned, there are broken plastics, and each and every rubber will need replacement. The amount of dirt shown should alert all buyers to the (lack of) level of care this has had over the years.
The backbox is banged up just about everywhere. The topper is broken at the connection points and yellowed.
I've passed on nicer WW's for less money. If someone sober is actually offering you $1800, I'd take it and run as this is probably a project just to get it playing correctly, and then the PF and cabinet will still look like crap.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh no doubt. One of the nicest 11's out there, when taken care of and clean. FFS, this one even has batteries that look like they came free with the cable remote. Helen Keller even called this example ugly. $1800 is lining OP's pockets with multiple extra $100 bills that no one on this site would pay.

#57 6 years ago

Hey, the 5X insert done in Classic Sharpie certainly takes way less time than my attempt at a pf swap probably will.
Noted!
GLWS man, love Whirlwind!

#58 6 years ago

This thing needs everything, $1,000 max.

#59 6 years ago

I paid $1500 for one that was missing a mpu and topper. I looked for one for a year and a half and really wanted one. It was worth every penny I paid. I never saw a $500 to $600 whirlwind with all my searching. I don't see how one can be purchased for those prices in this condition.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Deangurney:

I have local offers of 1800.00
Anyone want to giver me 2000.00
Jiggle lol!

I never, ever price police either, but bull shit you've been offered $1,800 for this WW.
A 12' high pile of BS that someone local to CT offered that.

Dude - you're destroying your reputation here before it begins..and you're never going to be able to sell anything spewing crap like this.
Best of luck - you will need it.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Deangurney:

I have local offers of 1800.00
Anyone want to giver me 2000.00
Jiggle lol!

$1800 and you declined!? #thedaywhentwofoolsmet

#62 6 years ago

He has "time." If I was OP I would grab that $1800 asap. You make them wait it out, you lose all those $1800 offers and the price drops.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

He has "time." If I was OP I would grab that $1800 asap. You make them wait it out, you lose all those $1800 offers and the price drops.

Oh of course, but enough Pinsiders creamed their pants at the thumbnails of a Whirlwind that they got the hopes up of a newb that knows no better and thinks his box of junk is now worth $2k, and up for a bidding war.

#64 6 years ago

I offered 1500 and won't go a penny more.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$1500.01 offer here!

Locked in that's a contract hold him too it OP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-whirlwind-16/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.