DSC_0106 (resized).JPG
DSC_0105 (resized).JPG
DSC_0104 (resized).JPG
DSC_0102 (resized).JPG
DSC_0101 (resized).JPG
DSC_0100 (resized).JPG
DSC_0099 (resized).JPG
DSC_0098 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom

Added: 2020-03-05 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 6th, 2020) • Ended: May 13th, 2020
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 5,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

I have owned this game for about 6 months and it's time for me to move it on. I haven't seen many examples of this game come up for sale and IMO this one is one of the nicest ones so far.

The game has been partially shopped just so that I could play some games. Game was wiped down, waxed, new rubbers put on and installed new capacitors on the target switches.

There are a few blemishes on the front of the cabinet as can be seen in the pictures but I believe they could be cleaned up pretty easily. It looks worse in the pictures than it does in person. This game is a very good candidate to have a restore done on it.

Item photos

DSC_0117 (resized).JPG
DSC_0118 (resized).JPG
DSC_0116 (resized).JPG
DSC_0112 (resized).JPG
DSC_0114 (resized).JPG
DSC_0115 (resized).JPG
DSC_0109 (resized).JPG
DSC_0106 (resized).JPG
DSC_0107 (resized).JPG
DSC_0104 (resized).JPG
DSC_0105 (resized).JPG
DSC_0102 (resized).JPG
DSC_0101 (resized).JPG
DSC_0100 (resized).JPG
DSC_0098 (resized).JPG
DSC_0099 (resized).JPG
DSC_0097 (resized).JPG
DSC_0096 (resized).JPG
DSC_0093 (resized).JPG
DSC_0094 (resized).JPG
DSC_0095 (resized).JPG
DSC_0092 (resized).JPG
DSC_0090 (resized).JPG
DSC_0091 (resized).JPG
DSC_0046 (resized).JPG
DSC_0012 (resized).JPG
DSC_0010 (resized).JPG
DSC_0045 (resized).JPG
DSC_0014 (resized).JPG
DSC_0015 (resized).JPG
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
DSC_0018 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
DSC_0020 (resized).JPG
DSC_0021 (resized).JPG
DSC_0022 (resized).JPG
DSC_0023 (resized).JPG
DSC_0024 (resized).JPG
DSC_0026 (resized).JPG
DSC_0027 (resized).JPG
DSC_0028 (resized).JPG
DSC_0036 (resized).JPG
DSC_0037 (resized).JPG
DSC_0038 (resized).JPG
DSC_0039 (resized).JPG
DSC_0044 (resized).JPG
DSC_0074 (resized).JPG
DSC_0075 (resized).JPG
DSC_0078 (resized).JPG
DSC_0079 (resized).JPG
DSC_0080 (resized).JPG
DSC_0081 (resized).JPG
DSC_0082 (resized).JPG
DSC_0083 (resized).JPG
DSC_0084 (resized).JPG
DSC_0085 (resized).JPG
DSC_0086 (resized).JPG
DSC_0087 (resized).JPG
DSC_0088 (resized).JPG
DSC_0089 (resized).JPG
DSC_0047 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinball_ric's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to pinball_ric's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Cedar Park, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

#4 4 years ago

I'm surprised this isn't getting more inquiries. Aside from the HEP restored voltan I'm not sure there is a nicer example out there. I will try to get some inside cabinet shots to show just how clean it is on the inside as well.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I'm surprised this isn't getting more inquiries. Aside from the HEP restored voltan I'm not sure there is a nicer example out there. I will try to get some inside cabinet shots to show just how clean it is on the inside as well.

Honestly may want to think about your price/condition.

Personally I think you are pretty far over estimating condition.

Cab is rough, backglass has scratches and missing art, pf is missing art (just not as much as many) and inserts are ready to drop on a few.

This is a good candidate for a full blown restore, but that is going to take a bit of effort to get there.

$3500 would be more in range IMHO (and I own an example, so would love to see you get 5k...)

#6 4 years ago

Full disclosure, pinball_ric is my brother so I'm not impartial here. He took pics with a DSLR and he is not a photographer. The photos are making blemishes look much harsher than they do in person.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cab is rough, backglass has scratches and missing art, pf is missing art (just not as much as many) and inserts are ready to drop on a few.
This is a good candidate for a full blown restore, but that is going to take a bit of effort to get there.
$3500 would be more in range IMHO (and I own an example, so would love to see you get 5k...)

$4500 I believe is the take home price

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In agreement with this.

It would actually be better if previous owner DIDN’T try and touch it up. Paint touch-ups and wood putty look pretty bad.

I would ad some photos of boards, inside of cab and maybe even legs and levelers to give a buyer an idea of what he/she is going to have to buy.

$3500 as is, is on the mark.

#9 4 years ago

If it's a good deal
It'd already b gone
Lots o pics of outside
There's a reason y no pics of inside

#10 4 years ago

Here’s some pics I took inside the cabinet when we brought it home back in July of last year... Some of these I’ve previously posted in other threads.

I’m sure Eric will post some board pics, I don’t have any.

05C8BBA0-11A3-4D04-8FC9-15004CB6D6A2 (resized).jpeg05C8BBA0-11A3-4D04-8FC9-15004CB6D6A2 (resized).jpeg286B1FEC-CD98-4EE7-929F-A158CAA7D117 (resized).jpeg286B1FEC-CD98-4EE7-929F-A158CAA7D117 (resized).jpeg780CAF5E-C18C-45EC-B6CD-B68E1A84D987 (resized).jpeg780CAF5E-C18C-45EC-B6CD-B68E1A84D987 (resized).jpegE08C6935-A405-479B-A3D5-C1FB04E26314 (resized).jpegE08C6935-A405-479B-A3D5-C1FB04E26314 (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago

Agreed on the price as well....I also own one in similar condition, (not for sale.....), and was thinking $3500 as the number. Hope somebody pony's it up though! GLWS......

Quoted from BallyTim:

In agreement with this.
It would actually be better if previous owner DIDN’T try and touch it up. Paint touch-ups and wood putty look pretty bad.
I would ad some photos of boards, inside of cab and maybe even legs and levelers to give a buyer an idea of what he/she is going to have to buy.
$3500 as is, is on the mark.

#12 4 years ago

Uploaded some more photos. Pictures of the boards, inside (so clean!) and some of the rest of the cabinet as someone asked for them. I forgot to mention it even still has it's "goody bag" and has some really nice original rule cards. They aren't yellowed and brittle (yet).

In the pictures you can see it has an Alltek MPU in it. We put that in there so that we could quickly fix it up (didn't really need anything but rubber) and play some games. I just took a closer look at the original MPU and while it's definitely repairable it's in slightly worse condition than I initially thought. I can repair the original MPU if the buyer would like me to. It does have a sticker labeled voltan on it. Unsure if that's factory or added afterwards.

#13 4 years ago

Added a few more pictures. Apparently I never got a good picture of the playfield with the game turned on. Light is too bright in that room to take a picture with it on but hopefully the dark picture came out ok.

I added a few photo's of the original MPU to show it's current condition.

#14 4 years ago

If I didn't just buy the HEP Voltan and saw this before I would have been all over this.

#15 4 years ago

Dropped the price another $500

1 month later
#16 3 years ago

Respectfully... this is priced like a Fathom in good shape and this pin is pushing the bottom edge of "partially" restored - and Voltan isn't on the same collectible level as a Fathom, Centaur, EBD, etc. I think you received some fair and constructive feedback two months ago and if you want $5K you should hire someone to professionally repair / paint the playfield and cabinet - at the least.

But certainly please ask what you want and GLWTS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-voltan-escapes-cosmic-doom-2?hl=justal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.