121_4472 (resized).JPG
121_4471 (resized).JPG
121_4470 (resized).JPG
121_4469 (resized).JPG
121_4465 (resized).JPG
121_4468 (resized).JPG
121_4467 (resized).JPG
121_4466 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Volcano

Added: 2018-10-16 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (December 7th, 2018) • Ended: December 16th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 675 (Firm)

Price is firm

I took this machine in on trade at the York Pinball Show. It would make a great garage or shop machine but isn't really one to add to a nice collection because of cabinet issues.

The good: to boots and kind of plays but has some issues, overall very nice playfield, looks pretty decent overall, appears to be complete. It will need some work but would be a great Winter project for someone

The bad: the machine was stored somewhere damp or wet and bottom of cabinet & head are not great because of that. Also the base cabinet has had the corner repaired with a 4x4? Who glues a 4x4 into the corner of a pinball cabinet. (I have purchased a better head for this machine and that is included in the sale if buyer wants it).

The sad: someone took the time to do a nice job hand painting the cabinet and spent a lot of time doing that. What is sad is they wasted their time on a cabinet that isn't in very good overall condition.

The backglass has some paint loss but doesn't look bad when playing the machine. Most of the paint loss on the inner backglass is low in the solid red and is hidden by outer backglass when machine is set up. It just looks bad from the back side when cabinet door is open.

I allowed the seller $700 on trade so I would like to get something near that out of it. Great price for someone who doesn't mind a little work and is looking for a players quality machine cheap.

Item photos

121_4482 (resized).JPG
121_4481 (resized).JPG
121_4480 (resized).JPG
121_4479 (resized).JPG
121_4478 (resized).JPG
121_4477 (resized).JPG
121_4476 (resized).JPG
121_4473 (resized).JPG
121_4472 (resized).JPG
121_4471 (resized).JPG
121_4470 (resized).JPG
121_4469 (resized).JPG
121_4465 (resized).JPG
121_4468 (resized).JPG
121_4467 (resized).JPG
121_4466 (resized).JPG
121_4465 (resized).JPG
121_4464 (resized).JPG
121_4463 (resized).JPG
121_4462 (resized).JPG
121_4461 (resized).JPG
121_4460 (resized).JPG
121_4459 (resized).JPG
121_4458 (resized).JPG
121_4457 (resized).JPG
121_4456 (resized).JPG
121_4455 (resized).JPG
121_4454 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Do you still have the Shaq project?

Shaq and pretty much ever other project machine I took to York sold. The only 3 machines that came home with me were the two I thought would sell first (World Cup Soccer & Flash and both of those are tentatively sold pending pick up) and Space Shuttle.

Space Shuttle would not have come home with me had I not held it for someone that wanted to come see it Saturday then didn't end up taking it after all. Trying to be a nice guy I turned down a couple decent offers on that since the guy coming Saturday seemed really serious about wanting it. I really need to stop trying to be a "nice guy" and just sell machines instead of holding them for people. It seems that never ends well for me!

So right now if anyone is still interested Space Shuttle can be bought for $500 and I now have this Volcano for sale also.

If all goes as planned I'll be heading on vacation for most of the month of November so if this and Space Shuttle don't sell quickly I'll have to take listings down while I am away.

#4 5 years ago

I have had 8 people contact me about pictures since listing two machines last night. As soon as I get machines moved from my trailer to the garage this afternoon I'll post some pictures of both. THANKS! Skip

#5 5 years ago

For those people who asked for pictures of this machines I FINALLY got them posted. Off to set up Space Shuttle and get some pictures of that next.

As you can see machine doesn't look all that bad but as I stated in my original listing it is far from perfect. A great players machine at a good price for anyone looking for a cheaper machine to mess with.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Shaq and pretty much ever other project machine I took to York sold. The only 3 machines that came home with me were the two I thought would sell first (World Cup Soccer & Flash and both of those are tentatively sold pending pick up) and Space Shuttle.
Space Shuttle would not have come home with me had I not held it for someone that wanted to come see it Saturday then didn't end up taking it after all. Trying to be a nice guy I turned down a couple decent offers on that since the guy coming Saturday seemed really serious about wanting it. I really need to stop trying to be a "nice guy" and just sell machines instead of holding them for people. It seems that never ends well for me!
So right now if anyone is still interested Space Shuttle can be bought for $500 and I now have this Volcano for sale also.
If all goes as planned I'll be heading on vacation for most of the month of November so if this and Space Shuttle don't sell quickly I'll have to take listings down while I am away.

World Cup is now sold pretty much for sure. So just Flash, Space Shuttle & Volcano are still for sale for those of you that looked at our machines at the show.

#7 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is now tentatively sold (pending pick up Friday afternoon). Down to just two machines from the dozen that went to the York Show and one of those two is this Volcano I took on trade Saturday. Some interest in this but nothing solid so far. The other machine still for sale is a pretty nice Flash I'll be listing once I know for sure my "buyer" from the show doesn't take it.

#8 5 years ago

I have had a couple people contact me with low offers on this machine but sadly I need to hold pretty firm on price since I have a business partner that owns 1/2 of each machine we have. My ROCK BOTTOM price is $650 or I'll have to go ahead and fix it myself and sell it for more money.

Volcano is a $1100 to $1200 machine all day long so one needing a little work should be worth what I am asking. If not it can just go into storage until I have a chance to deal with it.

#9 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is sold and gone. Volcano is the last of the machines I'll have for sale until after Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the interest in machines we had for sale both here & at the York Pinball Show. 10 of 12 sold is pretty good. Especially since I have two people wanting the Flash that wasn't sold at the show - (if that sells it will be 11 of 12 gone). So Volcano is the only machine still for sale and that would likely already be gone if I didn't just get it on trade at the show later in the day Saturday.

#10 5 years ago

I just lowered asking price by $25 hoping for a quick sale. No games no nonsense bottom line price IF SOLD THIS WEEK is $650. If not sold and picked up before November 1st I will just move it to storage and take it to Allentown in the Spring. We are headed South for most of the month of November so I was hoping this would sell quickly before we went. But with no serious interest so far it might just have to go into storage for the Winter.

I am not complaining I just though someone would be all over this for a great Winter project. With every other project machine I had for sale at the York Show sold & gone I have nothing to complain about I just hate to see something just sitting that could be enjoyed by someone so I figured I would post my bottom line price and give this one last shot before tucking it away in storage next week.

PLEASE - no low ball offers! I have already turned down $600 cash because my partner doesn't want to sell it at a loss.

#11 5 years ago

Good deal, wish you were closer.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Good deal, wish you were closer.

I thought this would be long gone by now but I guess no one local is really interested in a cheaper Gottlieb System 80 for a Winter project. I have had offers for a little less than I need out of it and I also have had people ask about shipping (who would spend $300 on shipping a $650 machine?) but no local interest so far. Since we are planning on heading South in about 10 days I'll only have this up for sale about another week.

I am hoping it finds a new home by next weekend because I really hate the idea of it just sitting in storage until Spring. But I guess only time will tell!

#13 5 years ago

If this was closet to chicago it would be gone.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Sadly that has been the case with several potential buyers. Hopefully someone close by will grab it this coming week - I hate machines just sitting so I would love to see this being worked on this Winter instead of just being stored until the Allentown Pinball Show in May.

#15 5 years ago

Not if I got it first

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Not if I got it first

This is what im talking about. You would have a bidders war. Its a very nice volcano for the price.

#17 5 years ago

I hate machines just sitting

You seem to have way "too many pins" to make that statement

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

You seem to have way "too many pins" to make that statement

Actually our "stash" of project machines is getting down to something pretty manageable these days. We managed to get over a dozen machines sold in the last few weeks and are down to under a dozen project machines at this point. Once I get back from my trip South I'll be listing a few of those "project machines" for sale that are still in the garage. Then after some of those are sold it is time to start downsizing the collection.

My son Wayne has kind of lost interest so we want to get the collection down to around 15 machines. Then maybe I'll change my user name to "just-enough-pins". In my eyes 8 to 12 machines is a perfect size collection. More that that and something always needs work and less than that and you just do not have enough to keep things interesting. So if space allows around 10 or 12 machines seems to be perfect.

#19 5 years ago

Actually our "stash" of project machines is getting down to something pretty manageable these days. We managed to get over a dozen machines sold in the last few weeks and are down to under a dozen project machines at this point. Once I get back from my trip South I'll be listing a few of those "project machines" for sale that are still in the garage. Then after some of those are sold it is time to start downsizing the collection.
My son Wayne has kind of lost interest so we want to get the collection down to around 15 machines. Then maybe I'll change my user name to "just-enough-pins". In my eyes 8 to 12 machines is a perfect size collection. More that that and something always needs work and less than that and you just do not have enough to keep things interesting. So if space allows around 10 or 12 machines seems to be perfect.

I'm just messing with ya, i completely understand, in your case , how difficult it is to stop buying great deals. Your doing a great job offering pins and even projects to collectors at shows etc. - good luck with your sales and enjoy your November getaway.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I'm just messing with ya, i completely understand, in your case , how difficult it is to stop buying great deals. Your doing a great job offering pins and even projects to collectors at shows etc. - good luck with your sales and enjoy your November getaway.

I never take too much too serious here on Pinside. We are actually feeling much better about the hobby these days now that we are looking at smaller piles of project machines. To anyone who happens to read this that has been HOARDING project machines the best advice I can give you is let some of them go to people who will actually have time to do something with them. Now that our pile is smaller we are actually starting to feel good about maybe being able to finish some of those projects.

Having a few excess machines around seems like a great idea but it is easy to let that get out of hand. These days I am thinking the perfect number of project machines is two - one you are working on and one to do when that one is finished. Beyond that they seem to start taking over you life and nothing seems to get done.

#21 5 years ago

I was talking to a buddy today about the Volcano and he was asking what was wrong with the cabinet - when I told him most of the issue was the board in the base of the head he said "you are in luck I have a Volcano head here if you want it". So depending on how soon I hook up with him I should have a replacement head for this machine now. That will solve 80% of the cabinet issues.

If I have the head before someone picks up the machine the extra head will be included with the machine NO CHARGE. Otherwise if you are fairly local once I get the head I will see you get it if you want it.

#22 5 years ago

10h and 23m psd4me .....not too bad a drive.

#23 5 years ago

10h and 23m psd4me .....not too bad a drive.

Believe me I thought about it.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Believe me I thought about it.

If you were southwest instead of northwest I would consider dropping it off to you on my way to Florida but IL is totally the wrong direction for me for this trip. I have a little vacation planned as well as dropping of a machine in Miami and picking up some parts in Georgia. Sadly IL is not close enough for me to take a little detour in your direction.

While I am here I might as well say I have been asked about trades a couple times and I would consider "the right trade". Believe it or not the trade I would be most interested in would be 3 or 4 "junk" machines for it especially if those "junk" machines were Gottliebs. I am always looking for parts machines and can use just about anything but Williams machines right now. I would even consider Williams "junk" but that would have to be fairly cheap compared to what I can pay for Bally, Gottlieb, Chicago Coin, Playmatic & others.

#25 5 years ago

I have a "junk" Fire Queen

#26 5 years ago

And a King Rock

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I have a "junk" Fire Queen

Quoted from psd4me:

And a King Rock

I hate machines like Fire Queen because I always have a tough time parting out low production machines regardless of condition. But two Gottlieb parts machines sounds interesting. Not an even trade and not worth the drive but if you were closer I would be willing to do some talking. I love Gottleib parts machines!

Find another junk Gottlieb (or two) in the next few weeks and maybe you could talk me into a trip West when I get home from my trip South. I really can't afford the time off for one vacation let alone two but I am always up for a road trip that somehow involves pinball machines!

#28 5 years ago

I would be willing to do some driving and throw in some money.

#29 5 years ago

I have the majority of an On Beam also.

#30 5 years ago

This is reallly heating up!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-volcano-12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.