IMAG3816.jpg
IMAG3826.jpg
IMAG3830.jpg
IMAG3827.jpg
IMAG3840.jpg
IMAG3841.jpg
IMAG3829.jpg
IMAG3837.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Viper (Stern, 1981) 1400.00 ***Sold***

Added: 2015-11-29 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 11th, 2016) • Ended: February 6th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 1,400

Here is a rundown of machine.The Backglass has some flaking that has been sealed and also some flaking pieces that fell off and are gone unfortunately.Bgresto has done these before but I haven't looked into it.
My buddy Rob Anthony has been over a few times doing some work on this machine.He did the repinning on the connectors also and fixed other issues on the machine.
New Altek Ultimate MPU
New caps on SDU
Siegecraft no flicker led boards
Full comet LEDs in PF inserts,Backbox,and GI
New rubbers,
New coil sleeves
All plastics cleaned and polished
Playfield cleaned,polished,waxed
New balls
New leg bolts
New coin door lock
All the displays are nice and bright.

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out.

There are two broken plastics that have been repaired with epoxy.Its the two at the top of the PF.When you lift the PF to tilt it up they will hit and break unless you slide PF out a little.
The Viper plastic in the middle is perfect,no broken fangs or tail.A few other plastics are a bit warped and need to be heated and flattened.
The lock in the head is drilled out also.
The PF is in very nice shape.
The cab has a few dings and scratches,see the pics.
The cab itself is planked because it sat in a garage for a while but the PF is not.
I can get more pics for you,just ask.

Item photos

IMAG3833.jpg
IMG_20151129_171433.jpg
IMAG3820.jpg
IMAG3822.jpg
IMAG3823.jpg
IMAG3821.jpg
IMAG3834.jpg
IMAG3836.jpg
IMAG3838.jpg
IMAG3839.jpg
IMAG3837.jpg
IMAG3829.jpg
IMAG3841.jpg
IMAG3840.jpg
IMAG3827.jpg
IMAG3830.jpg
IMAG3826.jpg
IMAG3816.jpg
IMAG3818.jpg
IMAG3817.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Elevatorman's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Elevatorman's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 1,300

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

St. Louis, MO, US

#2 8 years ago

Truly my only regret from Expo is that I didn't play a game on this at the GOT party since Logan's Hardware brought one. I've never played it, all I know is that bad ass chromed out backglass.

I think this is the first one I can even remember seeing for sale since getting into the hobby.

#3 8 years ago

It is a pretty hard to find game.I just don't have room for it.I'm sure I'll regret it after its gone!

#4 8 years ago

Morning bump
Sorry to led haters on the early classics

#5 8 years ago

I just realized all the pics didn't upload.Here is one of the BG flaking.IMAG3812.jpgIMAG3812.jpg

IMAG3819.jpgIMAG3819.jpg
IMG_20151129_171515.jpgIMG_20151129_171515.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I am taking offers or trades.I'll make room for something else even if I have to leave it folded up for a while.

#7 8 years ago

Curious as to the sound options on this one. Can you adjust the sound to not do the repetitive police siren, or does that have to stay on? This game is really cool looking and I wouldn't mind scooping one up at some point.

#8 8 years ago

I have a nice backglass I might part with if someone buys this, they are hard to find.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Big_Bob:

I have a nice backglass I might part with if someone buys this, they are hard to find.

That's very nice and yes they are hard to come by.
I'll knock $200.00 bucks off the price to fund the backglass being offered.

#10 8 years ago

Wish I had the dough for this. Tax return season is so close!!!!
It could go in my room next to my side of the bed

#11 8 years ago

Price drop bump!
I have my eye on another pin as usual...

#13 8 years ago

Price dropped again bump.
It's now lower than the Pinside Market suggested price.
I've had some tire kickers but nothing solid yet.
Thanks.

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

Free bump...this is starting to get temping..

#16 8 years ago

If the Canadian dollar was stronger I would pick this up in a heart beat. But with the exchange rate it would be $2,314. Then you would have to add 13% tax/duties, so $2,615, then add shipping to that. So it makes it out of reach for us up here . If the Canadian dollar gets stronger and you still have this, I will buy it in a second

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Indeed

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought I had it priced about right considering its condition,the work done to it,and the marketplace suggested price but obviously it was not.
I do need to move it though as I'm considering putting money down on a Hobbit.

#19 8 years ago

Sell me robowar and put it on the hobbit. Ed

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Sell me robowar and put it on the hobbit. Ed

Trade me some IJ action for Robowar and Earthshaker and some cash and I'll skip The Hobbit for now and wait for all the bugs to get worked out of it and ill buy one in a year.

#21 8 years ago

Viper bump...no one wants a Viper for $1650.00
Any fair offers?

#22 8 years ago

It's now 200.00 bucks below market place suggested price and it's it nice shape with a lot of work done to it.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Christmas night bump

Christmas_bump_(resized).jpgChristmas_bump_(resized).jpg

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Christmas_bump_(resized).jpg

"Honey, the reindeer got into the eggnog again and are going at it in the backyard with their reindeer games"

#27 8 years ago

Nice price, glad I'm not closer

#28 8 years ago

That's what I'm thinking too.All I've had is tire kickers.I do need it sold though.Will an even 1500.00 get it sold?
Let me know.

#29 8 years ago

I so want this but the funds aren't there. Sorry and good luck.

#30 8 years ago

What is are the tire kickers asking?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

What is a tire kicker price?

People asking about it in pm's but nothing solid.

#32 8 years ago

I want to trade it for mine. My PF has planking. Needs clear and insert ring touchup. BTW, BG Resto did a gorgeous BG for me.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I want to trade it for mine. My PF has planking. Needs clear and insert ring touchup. BTW, BG Resto did a gorgeous BG for me.

As sad as it to say it looks like someone parted out a Viper.Lots of parts and a PF on EBay.
Nice to know confirmation on Bgresto too,thanks Pinlawyer.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

As sad as it to say it looks like someone parted out a Viper.Lots of parts and a PF on EBay.

I saw that too. Very sad

Aside from a broken plastic, everything looked to be in pretty good condition.

#35 8 years ago

If it doesn't sell at this price I guess I'll fold it up,shrink wrap it,and put it in my storage for another 15 years....lol

#36 8 years ago

Very sad... looking for one, but with the exchange rate right now, nothing possible... 1495$ US = 2078$ can + shipping + take + duty... No more pin from the Us market for me probably for the couple next years...

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

If it doesn't sell at this price I guess I'll fold it up,shrink wrap it,and put it in my storage for another 15 years....lol

Sorry bro. It's all about "what's hot" at the moment. I guess there's just no love for Viper right now.

Odd question, but I've never played this game: what in the world is the 3rd flipper for? It doesn't seem like it is needed to make any of the shots! Just curious. GLWS

#38 8 years ago

I sold mine about 2 years ago, it wasn't as nice as this one but still very presentable and shopped and fully working with the center turret plastic in perfect condition. It sold for $1400 over the phone, so I think this is a very good deal for someone.
GLWTS.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

IMG_0036_(resized).JPGIMG_0036_(resized).JPG

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Odd question, but I've never played this game: what in the world is the 3rd flipper for? It doesn't seem like it is needed to make any of the shots! Just curious. GLWS

You use it to send it under the spinner on the left then up the lane to the top.Then the ball can drop back into the turret to set up another "viper strike" shot at the stand up targets.

#40 8 years ago

So tempting. So very tempting.

PM sent

Marcus

#41 8 years ago

fyi, I have a populated playfield for this game in very good condition, so that's at least -1 to the number currently known to be whole...

poppf_(resized).jpgpoppf_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

Holy crap! $1400 bump! Come on Canadian dollar, please bounce back

#44 8 years ago

Can't believe this is still here for this price. Very cool and rare game.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Can't believe this is still here for this price. Very cool and rare game.

Me too...I'm just looking to move it so I can use the space and put the cash towards another pin I want.I really thought I it would sell at the Pinside Market suggested price of $1850.00 or a bit less....I guess not.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I saw that too. Very sad
Aside from a broken plastic, everything looked to be in pretty good condition.

If you want to hear what's sad I talked to him this weekend and he said parting it out brought over $2000. He sold the playfield a handful of random parts for $1400.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If you want to hear what's sad I talked to him this weekend and he said parting it out brought over $2000. He sold the playfield a handful of random parts for $1400.

I guess I can just part it out....lol

#48 8 years ago

If you were close to Los Angeles, Savannah, NYC or Houston ports, it'd be coming down under ....

rd

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Ugh...

#50 8 years ago

I hate to see them get parted too. It's a shame that some of these games part for more than they sell for as a whole. I have never parted a game and don't plan on it (one it is way too much work and two, I love the challenge to bring it back) but I bought a bulk lot of parts before and made a pretty penny by selling them individually. I can see the financial benefit of it I suppose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-viper-stern-1981 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.