(Topic ID: 148407)

For sale: Viper Night Drivin' $1799 (Sega, 1998)

By flyarlee

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,799

for sale

For sale: Viper Night Drivin' $1799 (Sega, 1998)

Added: January 4th, 2016 Ended: February 1st, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

I would like to sell this soon. Shopped and clean. I have pics and video. I can deliver for a reasonable price if not too far.
Check out some black light pinball action!!!

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Pasadena, MD, US

Seller insights

These are flyarlee's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to flyarlee's stats page

#2 3 years ago

Heck I'd like to sell this soon..so I'm going to ask $1999 OBO.

#3 3 years ago

wow I always have wanted to play this

#4 3 years ago

Non-night Drivin' time.

So many gems in the game. Music by Slash, Mancow play-by-play, of course the black light glow-in-the-dark and typical Sega fast multi-ball play.

#5 3 years ago

I've got one locally that is fun to play. Good luck!

#6 3 years ago

Fair price. Glws

#7 3 years ago

Love mine, a previous owner painted the eyes and pawpads of the coons with glow paint and it looks awesome in blacklight mode!!
GLWS !

Edit to add: didn't see grinder's post till after I posted, it's my VND at a pizza place nearby. I'll snap a pic of the glocoons this weekend and throw it up in the VND club thread as i'd prefer to not sully the OP's FS thread with another games pics.

#8 3 years ago

That's a fun game. My favorite sega. If I didn't have 3 to many games already I'd be all over it. Nice condition and good price.

Mike

#9 3 years ago

Fumbleflippers..thanks for the info on your glow raccoons! How do I find your post on them? I'd like to check them out. I say feel free to post on this thread. Maybe give a potential buyer an idea of a mod..
Thanks l

#10 3 years ago

Okay ill sweeten the deal.. If someone buys this for my asking I'll offer the same buyer my Starship Troopers for $1499...

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

2 pins for 1750 a piece? Not shabby op not shabby at all. GLWS

#12 3 years ago

Man I can't believe nobody is interested but thanks all for the kind words.

#13 3 years ago

To answer a few questions I've got:
Yes, feel free to come by and play!
Yes I have the manual
Yes, it has the glo-balls (I've got six)
It has a working coin mech and dollar acceptor
Perhaps on the trades, but I'm mostly looking to sell (as I hope my price reflects)
Thanks

#14 3 years ago

Sunday Bump

image_(resized).jpeg

#15 3 years ago

FYI, all raccoons came from the factory with glow paint on their eyes and pads, but most of it has worn off in use.

This is one of my favorite games period. If you haven't already, set the game for metal balls but use the glow balls. It's blisteringly fast then. Good luck with the sale!

#16 3 years ago

Goatdan, thanks & this game plays great and is the fastest I've played. I've had ZERO issues with the glow balls or any other part of this game. It is super fun!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Goatdan, thanks & this game plays great and is the fastest I've played. I've had ZERO issues with the glow balls or any other part of this game. It is super fun!

There were good repro global balls a few years ago that actually glow too, so no one needs to be worried about them breaking.

I love mean fast games, and my VND is set up near my Iron Man, Metallica, BSD, and Airborne, and if it's not the fastest of those, I'd be surprised!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Man I can't believe nobody is interested but thanks all for the kind words.

Like me I'm sure many are interested.....but still recovering from Christmas...............Joey

#19 3 years ago

I've had 4 people ask to play..I say yes and only 1 came. The other three all e-mailed back saying they did not want to come because they were too tempted by the price and they were indeed recovering lol. Whatcha going to do? :/

#20 3 years ago

I'd say just wait it out and repost in a couple of weeks, if no one bites.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Whatcha going to do? :/

Not to rhyme but........wait for my W-2.. ............Joey

#22 3 years ago

Well it looks like I'll be taking my Starship Troopers in for an overhaul/shop job at the end of the week and the discount if someone purchases both will be over at that time. I'll keep this add up another week and then ill reevaluate if I want to sell.

#23 3 years ago

Okay last bump for the deal on two games.
Buy Viper Night Drivin' for $1999 and get
Starship Troopers for $1499.

Tonight Starship Troopers goes "into the shop" for a a complete shop job/cleanup (hence price will go up)..
Aka get it while ya can...

#24 3 years ago

Deals like these never happen in my area.

#25 3 years ago

Nice VND Flyarlee and good luck to you!! I too am selling mine. I listed it on CL late Wednesday night and had it sold by morning yesterday. I thought that it would take allot longer to get it sold and didn't bother listing it here being that almost everyone here seems to hate it. I have always been happy with it ,but it's time for something new.

#26 3 years ago

Price drop!!! $1799. I'm jam packed and need some room.

#27 3 years ago

Sega's are best bang for the buck. Cool game. Great for first time pin guys too. Solid seller.

#28 3 years ago

Still for sale *bump*

#29 3 years ago

wish you were closer

seriously a good deal on both

#30 3 years ago

I'm still getting Tons of PM's but no buyers yet. Come play and see how fun this fast pin is! I'll even throw in 50 cents for a free credit

#31 3 years ago

God people buy this....I'm a recovering addict...aren't we all, so no new buys till this summer so this is driving me to drink

#32 3 years ago

Would you ship both games NAVL?

#33 3 years ago

He already sold SST. Boo

#34 3 years ago

Ill ship NAVL but yes SST has sold.

#35 3 years ago

I would've thought SST was worth more than Viper.. Am I wrong?

#36 3 years ago

Average Sold price of VND is about $2300 (according to Pinside) I can't remember SST avg price.

#37 3 years ago

$2300? Much higher than I expected... And yet this one sits at $1800?

#38 3 years ago

Viper is a way better game Imo sst is just plain awful glwts

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

$2300? Much higher than I expected... And yet this one sits at $1800?

Mint one on Ebay recently for $2K sat untouched, no bids.

#40 3 years ago

Will probably sell quickly once tax refunds come in. glws

#41 3 years ago

stuff is a tough sell right now. People recovering from xmas, some have to pay in property taxes. now is when you get the good deals. once tax returns come in, prices get stupid again. these are priced about what they should be.

#42 3 years ago

Local Viper for sale for $1600 and it's listed in the market I think. A local pinsider has it for sale.

#43 3 years ago

PoMC Is that the one in Charles Town listed for $1800 with 1/2 LED's and rough right side? I see no others listed close to you.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

PoMC Is that the one in Charles Town listed for $1800 with 1/2 LED's and rough right side? I see no others listed close to you.

Friend here in Hagerstown area had/has a very nice one with leds and all boards refurbished for 1500 . I believe thats the one pomc is referring to?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

I would've thought SST was worth more than Viper.. Am I wrong?

Ive always thought so to ? Sst sells for 1750-2100 depending on condition and vnd 1250-1800 depending on condition? Thats what I always seem to see. So someone sld of took both of these when that good deal was offered

#46 3 years ago

Op I think this will sell once taxes come back and wld be a great first pin for someone

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Yes, but price is $1600 in the local for sale thread.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

Price drop!!! $1799. I'm jam packed and need some room.

If you will do $1600 and get it to the Chicago area for dirt cheap , I will take it!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-opening-an-auto-repair-shop-wa-free-play-arcade

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside