Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0531.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,250

for sale

Very rough Dr who project, can bring to Expo

Added: October 14th, 2015 Ended: December 22nd, 2015

Item description

This is the Doctor Who that I picked up in a barn find and it is rough. Which use a nice term to use for this

It is missing:
Translight and glass
Cpu
Left Flipper assembly
Dmd
And looks like something on the mini playfield

The bad:
Cabinet, cabinet, cabinet. Hope you see that I'm pointing out that the cabinet is bad

The dome for the topper is broke

Playfield has some wear and I did not inspect it for all its parts

The price is reflecting what I can part the game out for easily. But figure I'll offer it this way before parting

If a deal is made quickly I could bring to Expo. Or if someone makes great offers on parts I may be able to get those off to take to Expo. Pm right away if interested

Thank s

Item photos

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Mt Zion, IL, US

Seller insights

These are vidgameseller's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to vidgameseller's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Probably parting it out will b best bet unfortunately

#3 4 years ago

i hate parting games out, but you never know, there might be that person that plans to do a full restoration on a DW with a new cabinet, if so, then this is the perfect machine.

I figure that more than likely ill part it out, but regardless, i wont be able to part it out completly before expo, so since i had my phone on me i figured that i might as well take a few pics and post

#4 4 years ago

Yikes, that thing is trashed. Even the Diamond Plate playfield has paint loss...looks like a parts machine for sure...maybe somebody needs it for a project of sort?

#5 4 years ago

Wow. I brought an old raggedy one back to life but yours tops it! I hope somone saves it.

#6 4 years ago

Rip dr who

#7 4 years ago

Ive brought an Addams family back that was worse than this, but of course, it is worth double this one is. But to that Dr Who fan on a budget, this might be perfect, get this, tweak around getting it to work, then splurge on a new cabinet. I just dont suggest taking it into the home when the wife is there, keep it out in the garage

#8 4 years ago

You might be over valuing your machine by like $1,000

#9 4 years ago

I hate to see games get parted out but understand sometimes when they do. This looks like one of those times. I'm not sure how you could get $1250 parting it out with the glass and DMD missing and damage on the playfield. Good luck.

#10 4 years ago

You are missing some very expensive parts that will only bring the game back to bad...

#11 4 years ago

regardless of condition, the populated playfield can bring 500-600
speaker panel with light board 75-100
topper 100-200
coin door 50+
lock bar 50+
boards, 300-400
transformer and cabinet wiring 100-200

at the low end is the price i am asking

#12 4 years ago

Yikes, I would say with the missing parts and needing to basically rebuild the cabinet it would be more like $500 project. I would throw 5 at it if you were interested but not sure it's worth any more

#13 4 years ago

It appears you are missing the cpu and the driver board.

#14 4 years ago

Agreed on game being grossly overvalued. Not trying to be douchey.

We're just sitting in a circle with you as the center point trying to tell you what we've known all along, the game is overvalued. We're always the last ones to see the light....

#15 4 years ago

That's one rough looking pin you have there.

#16 4 years ago

I could use the glass safety switch if it's still on there and someone didn't toss it long ago, that's if you end up parting it. Hopefully someone saves it, but that's gonna be a labor of love if someone decides to do it.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I could use the glass safety switch if it's still on there and someone didn't toss it long ago, that's if you end up parting it. Hopefully someone saves it, but that's gonna be a labor of love if someone decides to do it.

I've got a glass safety switch if you need one. I did a Dr Who restore on a game just like this one, cab and all. It's worthy of a restore.

#18 4 years ago

I would save it if I got it but it has to be priced right or it doesn't make sense

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I've got a glass safety switch if you need one. I did a Dr Who restore on a game just like this one, cab and all. It's worthy of a restore.

Cool Metahugh. PM sent.

#20 4 years ago

A new cabinet can be built. Hopefully, someone saves it..

#21 4 years ago

With some missing parts at hand It might be worth saving.
IMG_0531.JPG

1 week later
#22 4 years ago

As of right now, this will not be parted out. I think that im going to challenge myself to just restore it myself. I will have a new cabinet made to start it off.

If you have a lead on new cabinet decals, let me know. Also will need a dome for the topper

thanks
troy

#23 4 years ago

I told u at expo troy when I bought your JM. Don't part it, save it. There not making anymore. It's a money pit. But in the end it's yours. Parts are out there.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

As of right now, this will not be parted out. I think that im going to challenge myself to just restore it myself. I will have a new cabinet made to start it off.
If you have a lead on new cabinet decals, let me know. Also will need a dome for the topper
thanks
troy

Decals are all over ebay. The dome is harder to come by.

#25 4 years ago

She could be fixed up and made nice again, but a nice dw is 2500. 1250 + 180 DMD + 200 driver board + 200 used cpu + 75 for a entire flipper mech + 75 for a translite (if you are lucky). Then you get to figure out what works/doesn't. All to get to a DW with a trashed cab and pf wear? Sorry op, but this ad is going to be up for a long time unless you do that restore.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

She could be fixed up and made nice again, but a nice dw is 2500. 1250 + 180 DMD + 200 driver board + 200 used cpu + 75 for a entire flipper mech + 75 for a translite (if you are lucky). Then you get to figure out what works/doesn't. All to get to a DW with a trashed cab and pf wear? Sorry op, but this ad is going to be up for a long time unless you do that restore.

He just said he was going to do it himself

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

He just said he was going to do it himself

His ad is still up so the machine is still for sale. He said he think he might, not that he 100 percent definitely would.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside