(Topic ID: 357830)

For sale: Venom (LE) - DO NOT BUY THIS PIN !!!

By SantaEatsCheese

30 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0716 (resized).jpeg
The Grid (resized).png
IMG_2219 (resized).jpeg
ezgif-3-268b3faae9.gif
wojnarowicz_david-buffaloes (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Venom (LE) (Stern, 2023) - Price History-overlay.png
gta.gif
scrooge.gif
ezgif-2-81aef93323.gif
AR4SI3T.gif
IMG_0009 (resized).jpeg
the-more-you-know.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 30 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Venom is great to enjoy with friends.

Are you editing your posts or are mods?

#52 30 days ago

I'm out. I hope Satan enjoys his new pin.

#53 30 days ago

Is your company hiring?

#54 30 days ago

“Are you even trying?”
“Your mother called, she is very disappointed in you”

#55 30 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For the record Venom replaced Mando LE in the company office 6 months back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/170352
And Venom was replaced by John Wick which I just set up this afternoon.
Perks of working at the company.[quoted image]

Triple Doh!

#56 30 days ago

Santa is a legend with this ad. I’ll be waiting for that Wick LE in 6 months!

#57 30 days ago

Curious, does a pin get played much in an office? I hear they’re great for kitchens while dinner is cooking .

#58 30 days ago

Don't let the boss read you tier grade chart.

#59 30 days ago

Love the art package on this game. Really stands out in a crowd.

#60 30 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Curious, does a pin get played much in an office? I hear they’re great for kitchens while dinner is cooking .

I support my company’s gameroom by rotating pins through (1 at a time). There’s probably about 250 people that work in the office Tues-Thurs (hybrid schedule). Mine have gotten 400-600 plays each over a 4-6 week period. I don’t put the latest/greatest in…right now DemoMan is in…oldest one yet…and it has been a big hit. (They’re all on free play, of course).

We have two pins in our kitchen. (Timezone and X-men).

We have a venom pro already…still, this LE is very tempting to me…thank goodness the seller is discouraging the sale.

#61 30 days ago

I like this reverse psychology. GLWTS??

#62 29 days ago

Got it setup and in the basement this morning and have been putting some games on it where I can play some games without the HR manager seeing.

I have to point out the extensive damage to the back of the machine where someone else moved it. I mean look at that... the edge of the sticker on the back of the machine is all scuffed up! Completely ruins the desirability of an LE like this. Pretty much ruined.

20240613_055147 (resized).jpg20240613_055147 (resized).jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#63 29 days ago

I have to point out the extensive damage to the back of the machine where someone else moved it. I mean look at that... the edge of the sticker on the back of the machine is all scuffed up! Completely ruins the desirability of an LE like this. Pretty much ruined.

In light of this revelation the game no longer appears to be salvageable. Best to cut your bosses losses and throw it in the bin at this point. A damn shame.

#64 29 days ago

Thanks for talking me out of buying this... I really didn't have the 9k anyway.

#65 29 days ago

I'll help you out and not buy it. Good luck with not selling.

#66 29 days ago

I am morally obligated to atleast go through the motions of trying to sell it so I'm throwing in this Casablanca poster as a sweetener. Just what every pinball fan wants. O... and I'm dropping the price to $8,900. Don't buy it!

20240612_171133 (resized).jpg20240612_171133 (resized).jpg
#67 29 days ago

I am morally obligated to atleast go through the motions of trying to sell it so I'm throwing in this Casablanca poster as a sweetener. Just what every pinball fan wants. O... and I'm dropping the price to $8,900. Don't buy it!
[quoted image]

I’m holding out for the Jurassic Park poster above it.

#68 29 days ago

It's fair to knock off $100 for the missing or uninstalled back box bolt on the right side, besides the sticker damage in that area

You can probably keep the poster as there is no Venom Spidey in it and that poster adds no value to the game. That didn't come out of your bosses office anyway did it ?

#69 29 days ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I’m holding out for the Jurassic Park poster above it.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

#70 29 days ago

Boss: How can we improve employee morale?
HR Director: What if you brought one of your pins to the office?
Boss: Great idea!

{6 months later}

Boss: Morale still sucks!
HR Director: We need a better pin!
Employees: Where are the guns?

#71 29 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I really wouldn't dismiss this game based on all the negativity around here. Was it overpriced? Yep. Is it a highly desirable theme? Not really. Will you be able to resell it easily later on without taking a hit. Probably not.... However, is it a super-fast, super fun game with some killer animations, amazing music and some actual truly progressive rules? Absolutely.
Anyway, forget all that... don't buy it - let him keep it in his basement!

Venom is probably the game I love the most that has the most hate associated with it. I can only assume the hate is from people who didn't take the time to understand the rules, stacking, multipliers, and the crazy depth of the code.

It's one of my favorite games. I love it.

#72 29 days ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Boss: How can we improve employee morale?
HR Director: What if you brought one of your pins to the office?
{6 months later}
Boss: Morale still sucks!
HR Director: We need a better pin!
Employees: Where are the guns?

Actually it was held to a company vote whether to keep Venom or get John Wick. John Wick won out (always vote for the new).

#73 29 days ago

Can someone hurry up & not buy this so I don't have to not to.

#74 29 days ago

Actually it was held to a company vote whether to keep Venom or get John Wick. John Wick won out (always vote for the new).

Of course the vote would go for the new game. That's a no brainer!

#75 29 days ago

Got it setup and in the basement this morning and have been putting some games on it where I can play some games without the HR manager seeing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Damn, Santa. With that kind of damage I believe all you could do with it is throw it off Todd Tuckey's roof. What a shame.

#76 29 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Venom is probably the game I love the most that has the most hate associated with it. I can only assume the hate is from people who didn't take the time to understand the rules, stacking, multipliers, and the crazy depth of the code.
It's one of my favorite games. I love it.

You may be right, but I have to enjoy the shots and aesthetics of the whole thing initially before I go down the road of all the other aspects you talked about and I enjoyed neither.

#77 29 days ago

Venom is a good game once you figure it out, it doesn't deserve nearly the hate it gets. I know people say this about all the games that people hate, but with Venom its actually true and not just cope.

#78 29 days ago

I’m not keen on the theme, but I’ve enjoyed Venom whenever playing it on location. I could definitely see owning or temp trading for one someday.

Tell ya what, Mike, if you succeed in not selling this for another 2-3 months and want to do a temp trade, I might be down with that. Doubt that’s the desired outcome at the office, though. I’d love to hear that conversation:
Santa: well, as you know, I’ve been successful at not selling the company’s Venom LE the past three months.
HR: yes, we’re very pleased with your lack of progress.
Santa: to make absolutely sure we don’t sell it for at least three more months, I’d like to propose temporarily trading it to a fellow pinsider with whom I’ve temp traded before. There’s absolutely no chance he will sell the machine, either, and in the meantime I would get to keep his highly modded and beautifully maintained Elwin (GZ pre or AIQ pre) at my home.
HR: hmmm. So, there is no benefit to the company from this transaction whatsoever?
Santa: well, uh, no but it would enable me to spend less time working and more time playing pinball. And, let’s face it, that scratch on the back of the Venom machine renders it virtually landfill material.
HR: oh yes, that’s right. I had forgotten about that tiny scratch. Sure, go ahead and do the temp trade. I’ll talk with accounting to see if we can just do a complete deduction for that machine on our 2024 books. Well done, Santa!

#79 29 days ago

8k by Christmas ?

#80 29 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You may be right, but I have to enjoy the shots and aesthetics of the whole thing initially before I go down the road of all the other aspects you talked about and I enjoyed neither.

You must have played a poorly setup one. Those shots, aesthetics, speed are more satisfying than any game I’ve played, even Jaws. It reminds me of a Steve Ritchie game on roids. If you like Adrenalin, buyyy……don’t buy this game!

#81 29 days ago

Absolute reverse psychology, nobody, and I mean nobody, would want to play this thing.

#82 29 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

8k by Christmas ?

8k is definitely my buy price. Call my bluff Santa!

#83 29 days ago

I’m beginning to think I’m going to be forced to not buy this.

#84 29 days ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I’m beginning to think I’m going to be forced to not buy this.

To be clear, you shouldn't buy this but it's now 8900 and includes one smashing looking Casablanca poster.

#85 29 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Seriously, is stern giving out certificates with new pins? Just in case someone starts to make knockoffs and can’t figure out how to make a fake certificate too?

Yeah, I always thought was hilarious. The single easiest part of an LE to fake is the certificate.

#86 29 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

To be clear, you shouldn't buy this but it's now 8900 and includes one smashing looking Casablanca poster.

Sadly, that’s what made it a no buy for me. I already have more posters than wall space. Ah, what could have been.

#87 29 days ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Sadly, that’s what made it a no buy for me. I already have more posters than wall space. Ah, what could have been.

I don't think this thing will sell until it's 8899.. then, maybe you can get him to add one of those Star Trek ships hanging from the ceiling? Who wouldn't want a Romulan-Warbird-On-A-String?

Pinside_forum_8221353_3939445.pngPinside_forum_8221353_3939445.png
#88 29 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think this thing will sell until it's 8899.. then, maybe you can get him to add one of those Star Trek ships hanging from the ceiling? Who wouldn't want a Romulan-Warbird-On-A-String? [quoted image]

That would sweeten the pot a bit.

#89 29 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think this thing will sell until it's 8899.. then, maybe you can get him to add one of those Star Trek ships hanging from the ceiling? Who wouldn't want a Romulan-Warbird-On-A-String? [quoted image]

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

That would sweeten the pot a bit.

No!

That is my STTNG topper hanging over top of the Harlem Globetrotters and I needs it!

20240613_181344 (resized).jpg20240613_181344 (resized).jpg
#90 29 days ago

No!
That is my STTNG topper hanging over top of the Harlem Globetrotters and I needs it![quoted image]

Meh.. one photon torpedo away from falling on that Globetrotter!

#91 29 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Meh.. one photon torpedo away from falling on that Globetrotter!

Better not... I'm teaching a kiddo down here!

20240613_191523 (resized).jpg20240613_191523 (resized).jpg
#92 29 days ago

But Venom seems to be the winner for the 7 year old. That and Stranger Things tonight.

20240613_190849 (resized).jpg20240613_190849 (resized).jpg
#93 29 days ago

Ad listing: For sale: Venom (LE) - DON'T BUY THIS PIN!!!

church_lady.gifchurch_lady.gif
#94 29 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Don't listen to the lies!

#95 29 days ago

Unplug half the stuff underneath the playfield and call it a project. That should help.

#96 29 days ago

Free shipping to New Zealand?

#97 29 days ago
Quoted from clg:

Free shipping to New Zealand?

You might buy it if I said yes... so no!

#98 29 days ago
Quoted from Doctoroctos:

Unplug half the stuff underneath the playfield and call it a project. That should help.

I man... it really is a project. The new owner will have to install a tilt bob!

Also just figured out the grid thing embarrassingly late.

#99 29 days ago

If you ever don’t decide not to sell the Globetrotters, don’t not let me know, because I won’t not buy it from you if it isn’t for sale. Just saying.

#100 29 days ago

Also just figured out the grid thing embarrassingly late.

Oh oh…soon you’re really going to want to keep it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 14.99
Lighting - Other
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 899.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Plastics
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.