View topic image gallery

2914E7AA-7486-40B9-BFF5-D103D5010B65 (resized).jpeg
20 (resized).jpg
29 (resized).jpg
15 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
1 (1) (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Vacation America

Added: 2020-03-09 23:23:07 UTC • Ended: March 13th, 2020
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 1,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

The first pinball machine created by Chicago Gaming Company (CGC). The last machine to feature design work by the legend, Steve Kordek. Artwork by the very talented Paul Faris. This is a machine with a large real backglass and 'based' on a popular franchise that is fun for the whole family! Very powerful flippers (hence broken targets) and plays fast! Home used only for sure and dimple free!

For more high def photos:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nO0H7VUOSDkQVb7JNbSEcYhpLTJDla8N

Item photos

1 (1) (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
29 (resized).jpg
15 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
20 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are TiltDis's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to TiltDis's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 900

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Grand Rapids, MI, US

#2 4 years ago

So the location on Pinside says it’s in Grand Rapids, MI. Your location says Chicago, IL.

Can you clarify where the game is physically located?

#3 4 years ago

Yes, I currently reside in Grand Rapids, MI and that is where the game is as well. Sorry for the confusion!

#4 4 years ago

Thanks. Pm incoming.

#5 4 years ago

Is vacation America now a sought-after game?! Crazy how times change.
I think it’s neat, but I’m surprised how it’s gone up.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is vacation America now a sought-after game?! Crazy how times change.
I think it’s neat, but I’m surprised how it’s gone up.

he's only asking $1200. how much was it new?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

he's only asking $1200. how much was it new?

I think 1600. Bill of materials was like 850 for cgc? Took 8 hours to build.

#8 4 years ago

This thing holds a unique place in pinball history. Like the seller said, last Kordek game and first CGC game. At a fraction of the price of MMR! Cool machine for the true pinball historian/collector. GLWS.

#9 4 years ago

is the coin door upside down? or did they intentionally put the lock on the left side?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

is the coin door upside down? or did they intentionally put the lock on the left side?

I am not sure why but yes they put it on the left-hand side. They were definitely working through some things, possibly with the intention of producing more machines.

#11 4 years ago

My ad 5 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-vacation-america-chicago-coin-2003
It is interesting and kind of unique. I'm not trying to crap on OP's ad, but after owing it and playing it there's no way I'd pay over $1k for it. It's good for banging the ball around a few times, but it gets old really quick. The call outs and sounds will really grate on you.

It is one of those games that hopefully you'll run into someone that has it so you can play it, mark it off the list of games you wanted to play, move on and never look back.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I think 1600. Bill of materials was like 850 for cgc? Took 8 hours to build.

I thought it retailed around $3000.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

My ad 5 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-vacation-america-chicago-coin-2003
It is interesting and kind of unique. I'm not trying to crap on OP's ad, but after owing it and playing it there's no way I'd pay over $1k for it. It's good for banging the ball around a few times, but it gets old really quick. The call outs and sounds will really grate on you.
It is one of those games that hopefully you'll run into someone that has it so you can play it, mark it off the list of games you wanted to play, move on and never look back.

It’s a forum ad and you can say what you want...but like, why say “I’m not trying to shit all over the ad” and then follow it up by shitting all over the ad?

Either shit or don’t shit but the disclaimer seemed pretty hollow. You don’t actually get credit for “not trying” to shit over something when you shit it on it anyway. It still counts as shitting!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I thought it retailed around $3000.

Your memory is good, it was $3000. It is a full-size and heavy machine, although weighing slightly less than a modern Stern.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/discontinued/vacation-pinball

It was Doug's project, someone should have asked him about it on the last Spooky Podcast!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Your memory is good, it was $3000. It is a full-size and heavy machine, although weighing slightly less than a modern Stern.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/discontinued/vacation-pinball
It was Doug's project, someone should have asked him about it on the last Spooky Podcast!

They did discuss this and he says retail was 1695

#16 4 years ago

Well he’s wrong.

Here’s an old post. Ray from action pinball says retail is $3,000 and they were selling it for $2,800.

2914E7AA-7486-40B9-BFF5-D103D5010B65 (resized).jpeg2914E7AA-7486-40B9-BFF5-D103D5010B65 (resized).jpeg
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a forum ad and you can say what you want...but like, why say “I’m not trying to shit all over the ad” and then follow it up by shitting all over the ad?

If I wanted to shit on the ad I would have said the OP is fucking nuts and the game isn't worth more than $400, and nobody should even consider ever purchasing it. But I didn't, I was polite and gave what I thought was constructive criticism. We act a little differently here in the midwest I guess. If I want to shit on an ad, you'll have not doubt I'm taking a dump. Kinda like my response to your post.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

If I wanted to shit on the ad I would have said the OP is fucking nuts and the game isn't worth more than $400, and nobody should even consider ever purchasing it. But I didn't, I was polite and gave what I thought was constructive criticism. We act a little differently here in the midwest I guess. If I want to shit on an ad, you'll have not doubt I'm taking a dump. Kinda like my response to your post.

Well we find ourselves at an impasse.

Let’s ask the seller. Seller, did you enjoy the charming and friendly mid-western “constructive criticism” offered by the Stangbat? Did you appreciate that he told you he didn’t mean to crap all over you post?

This is important! Awaiting your feedback.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well we find ourselves at an impasse.
Let’s ask the seller. Seller, did you enjoy the charming and friendly mid-western “constructive criticism” offered by the Stangbat? Did you appreciate that he told you he didn’t mean to crap all over you post?
This is important! Awaiting your feedback.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Played it at Pinball Life back in 2015, it took years to find the game. The pinball market has changed over the years. It is a solid working game from 2003, plays well, and people enjoy it!

#20 4 years ago

I missed him talking Vacation America. But I remember they were less than Stern machines at the time but not half the price.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I missed him talking Vacation America. But I remember they were less than Stern machines at the time but not half the price.

His quote even said just that. Half of what any new game cost at that time.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean it’s the exact same as that half-in-the-bag guy at a party who says “not trying to be a dick, but...” or that guy in the office that says “no disrespect, but...” it’s like some sort of carte blanche to then shit over the topic at hand.

I really need to get better at it. “I’m not trying to be a dick... but the next thing I say is going to be whole heartedly dick-ish”

#23 4 years ago

Wish you were closer. It is hard to go wrong on a $1200 game.

#24 4 years ago

I know Doug was excited at the time for their first machine and if memory serves there were plans for another soon after. It might have taken some time, but CGC has shown what they can do in terms of producing machines.

#25 4 years ago

Sold! For $900

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-vacation-america?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.