fellowpinball (resized).jpg
A6F1933B-F7A6-46BF-A8AB-73F6A563BD0A (resized).jpeg
2074B08F-B0D9-4C45-92F3-BDAFC2549026 (resized).jpeg
D154EF9C-8204-4D4D-B459-D9CCC1646FE4 (resized).png
E9BAA3C1-DA60-48F6-8F12-653BA969F53B (resized).png
94B076FE-2345-43D7-967B-5A99929AE0E4.gif
3819488 (resized).jpg
Ultraman (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

The big price discrepancy between the recent Ultraman + Halloweens listings (for anyone OOTL, they seem to be trading hands for ~6k and ~8k, respectively) is a perfect example of the direct impact theme has on a games value. They're both beautiful games, but Ultraman is a niche theme, and we're seeing the results of that combined with a polarizing layout and underbaked code... the same issues aren't haunting Halloween to nearly the same extent, value-wise. Halloween has earning potential on location, Ultraman not so much, and I assume that's a big part of this too... routing an Ultraman in most locations seems like a good way to confuse the general public, although I think in the right spot it could work well.
I love that Spooky was willing to go out on a limb with a theme like this, I LOVE Ultraman as a theme. But woof, this is rough. Makes me curious how much my Standard will be worth in the future.
GLWS

Ouch. I sold my NIB UMCE w/butter for $8,750 last December (after playing early code in an arcade). Lost $1,250...oh well.

It's not the theme, it's the game. The layout was done by less than seasoned folks and the software was/is underwhelming. I bought it after falling in love with my Rick and Morty...thinking the company was going to hit another home run. Wishful thinking, I guess. You win some, you lose some. No big deal.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

You're missing my point (probably cause I don't really have a point, just an observation).
There are 5 UM for sale right now in the 6-7k range (all CE's), including a Butter that's been sitting for a while at 6400 (oof). Cheapest Halloween is listed for 8300, and they're trading hands for above that.
There is a consistent, significant difference in value between the two titles on the secondhand market. I'm not arguing anything here, I'm not talking about the objective quality of the game or anything like that, I'm just pointing out the quantifiable difference in value purely due to theme. It's just interesting to see.

Interesting. Yeah, the price difference is surprising, but Halloween is obviously a much more popular, mainstream license (which was your observation). I was unaware of Ultraman, but opted for it because I thought it was cool/quirky, more limited and fit well with pinball.

I guess my only point is if it was a solid game with fun shots and software, both licenses would have done better.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I’ve played R&M plenty at arcades and strongly prefer Ultraman (besides the RM humor)

You are in a very, very small minority. R&M is one of my favorite games of all time...and I've had a lot of games. A masterpiece. Caveat: If the arcade R&M was never dialed in, it might indeed suck. Most of the R&M's needed lots of love & care to play great.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Interesting. I didn't do any of this to my RM and it plays fine. It's a late run standard so maybe they changed it.

Did you buy yours NIB? If not, maybe someone else dialed it in?

Mine required weeks/months of tweaking ball guides, diverter, left ramp, lowering scoop, lowering flippers, etc. I enjoyed the ride and didn't mind the investment in time since Spooky (and the community) was helpful. Now that it's all done, one of my favorite games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ultraman-collectors-edition-34?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.