Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by Charliew65
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1394F72C-1077-4E24-8823-C0B857EBA90C (resized).jpeg
    9C22DD1C-D13B-4506-A5C6-2235703B25B6 (resized).jpeg
    AD75558D-0D5A-4AAA-B95E-2F99F9181C98 (resized).jpeg
    16BAC56F-B91B-4702-BA48-DA99A3F56804 (resized).jpeg
    F5598393-024C-494B-80B8-EEE8B16F5505 (resized).jpeg
    E58F699A-CA5C-4CD6-87FF-418AE40A9B53 (resized).jpeg
    420C0F1E-E2F6-445B-A74F-93E634BD9D7A (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 42 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: Ultraman (Collectors Edition)

Added: 2022-05-14 Ended: May 29th, 2022
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 6,999 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

For Sale Ultraman pinball, Dialed in plays like new. Running newest code. Can pallet buyer pays for shipping. Thank you for looking. Don’t hesitate to ask questions, check my feedback.

Item photos

16BAC56F-B91B-4702-BA48-DA99A3F56804 (resized).jpeg
    420C0F1E-E2F6-445B-A74F-93E634BD9D7A (resized).jpeg
    9C22DD1C-D13B-4506-A5C6-2235703B25B6 (resized).jpeg
    AD75558D-0D5A-4AAA-B95E-2F99F9181C98 (resized).jpeg
    E58F699A-CA5C-4CD6-87FF-418AE40A9B53 (resized).jpeg
    F5598393-024C-494B-80B8-EEE8B16F5505 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Rio Rancho, NM, US

Seller insights

These are Charliew65's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Charliew65's stats page

#2 42 days ago

Wow! Great price!

#3 42 days ago

Wish you were closer

#4 42 days ago

are you hitting on me? I would probably give you my number!

Quoted from rai:

Wish you were closer

#5 41 days ago

When I see a near-new pin selling for $2k under MSRP, it kills me. I haven't played the game, and I haven't heard any -solid- negative reviews yet, and I'm a sucker for the color scheme. The only horrible thing I know is after watching an episode of Ultraman and Thunderbirds, I realized how much I liked the show Thunderbirds I'm sure this pin is better than the show.

I'm eager to play one!

#6 41 days ago

The first few episodes of Ultraman are far more geared toward kids and very one-note. Once they lose the kid character and you get to episodes directed by Akio Jissoji, things get pretty wild!

#7 41 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

When I see a near-new pin selling for $2k under MSRP, it kills me. I haven't played the game, and I haven't heard any -solid- negative reviews yet, and I'm a sucker for the color scheme. The only horrible thing I know is after watching an episode of Ultraman and Thunderbirds, I realized how much I liked the show Thunderbirds I'm sure this pin is better than the show.
    I'm eager to play one!

Just about all pins used to drop in price once opened. 3 months after game release you could get a Pro for about $500 under MSRP. There were guys who would buy each new Pro sight unseen, and just sell it to buy the next one. $1500 a year to have the latest pin in your house at all times. Not a bad deal. It is only recently that a pin in hand is worth more than the next pin due to manufacturing delays. With that said, Ultraman has taken it on the chin. I have loved and been very impressed with the other Spooky's that have made it through my basement from a fun and build quality point of view (TNA and R&M). GLWTS!

#8 40 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Just about all pins used to drop in price once opened. 3 months after game release you could get a Pro for about $500 under MSRP. There were guys who would buy each new Pro sight unseen, and just sell it to buy the next one. $1500 a year to have the latest pin in your house at all times. Not a bad deal. It is only recently that a pin in hand is worth more than the next pin due to manufacturing delays. With that said, Ultraman has taken it on the chin. I have loved and been very impressed with the other Spooky's that have made it through my basement from a fun and build quality point of view (TNA and R&M). GLWTS!

This game is bad ass - I wonder if the theme is just a tiny bit too obscure. I can’t figure it out. Layout is great, shots are really fun, code is good, it’s just a great game

#9 40 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This game is bad ass - I wonder if the theme is just a tiny bit too obscure. I can’t figure it out. Layout is great, shots are really fun, code is good, it’s just a great game

Unfortunately the code was really barebones when released and it received some bad reviews - very similar to the way ACNC was initially received vs the way it is today. I wish people were more patient with it as it truly gets exponentially better with each code release.

#10 40 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Unfortunately the code was really barebones when released and it received some bad reviews - very similar to the way ACNC was initially received vs the way it is today. I wish people were more patient with it as it truly gets exponentially better with each code release.

There won't be any $2000 dollar discounted games once they've all been manufactured and in hands. That's my guess.

#11 40 days ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There won't be any $2000 dollar discounted games once they've all been manufactured and in hands. That's my guess.

For sure. Actually, I don't think there will be any substantial discounts after code release 1.07 (the next release). A friend just recently played mine with 1.06 and offered over $8k on the spot (which I turned down). Good things come to those who wait!

Congrats in advance to whoever buys this one for $7k.

#12 40 days ago

This is a huge discount figuring in tax and ship.
    GLWS!

1394F72C-1077-4E24-8823-C0B857EBA90C (resized).jpeg
    #13 40 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

GLWS!

I wonder what shipping is nowadays?

#14 40 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

For sure. Actually, I don't think there will be any substantial discounts after code release 1.07 (the next release). A friend just recently played mine with 1.06 and offered over $8k on the spot (which I turned down). Good things come to those who wait!

I think they will stay available at low prices through the end of manufacturing. The problem is so many of the purchasers were FOMO purchasers that had no connection with the theme…these people were going to be fickle owners always no matter how great the game was…and on release the game was a bit lacking.

I do think that shortly after the game is out of production you’ll see the price start moving north again value wise. The game has come a long way from where it began last year. It is now officially a hit in my house…whereas initially my wife wanted me to sell it…it’s the first game she’s ever disliked out of the box that was able to fully re-invent itself in her eyes through code.

#15 40 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

GLWS![quoted image]

Ha the "Nice Price..." the lifeblood of my Jr. High tape collection!

#16 40 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

…whereas initially my wife wanted me to sell it…it’s the first game she’s ever disliked out of the box that was able to fully re-invent itself in her eyes through code.

That's kind of how my wife thought of me initially.

#17 40 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they will stay available at low prices through the end of manufacturing. The problem is so many of the purchasers were FOMO purchasers that had no connection with the theme…these people were going to be fickle owners always no matter how great the game was…and on release the game was a bit lacking.
    I do think that shortly after the game is out of production you’ll see the price start moving north again value wise. The game has come a long way from where it began last year. It is now officially a hit in my house…whereas initially my wife wanted me to sell it…it’s the first game she’s ever disliked out of the box that was able to fully re-invent itself in her eyes through code.

Totally agree. I just got my CE for under 7k. It so fun to shoot, unique and beautiful, but the current code is super bare bones. I personally feel that the issues I have can all be addressed by code update which Spooky is committing publicly to with new modes, art, UI etc. I am confident Spooky will come through and these will be great pins and value will come back. Getting this pin under 7k is a great deal.

#18 40 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha the "Nice Price..." the lifeblood of my Jr. High tape collection!

Same, except I bought notched LPs til the bitter end. Hated cassettes, jumped straight to CDs.

#19 40 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Same, except I bought notched LPs til the bitter end. Hated cassettes, jumped straight to CDs.

They sold "notched" cassettes too. Can only imagine the crunching sound that made!

#20 40 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I wish people were more patient with it as it truly gets exponentially better with each code release.

And I wish the companies would release games with the code further along

#21 40 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And I wish the companies would release games with the code further along

I don’t really understand why it’s so bare - they were working on it for a full year prior to release.

#22 40 days ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I don’t really understand why it’s so bare - they were working on it for a full year prior to release.

Code update just dropped as we speak. New Wizard mode!

#23 40 days ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

New Wizard mode!

Did Ultraman have a wizard mode before now?
    No operators local to try it out.

#24 40 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Did Ultraman have a wizard mode before now?
    No operators local to try it out.

Not really. There was a pigmon mode after doing 3 Kaiju battles. But this is what they are calling the first wizard mode which you get from collecting SJs in each of the 3 main modes of the game. You can also do a wiz mode challenge at start of game (similar to newer Sterns). Haven't played the new code yet, still downloading! Also new HWN code.

#25 40 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wonder what shipping is nowadays?

The last quote from Spooky a few month ago was around $450(!) to VT.

#26 40 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I paid 440 to NY as of three weeks ago.. Guessing distance along with Gas prices causes it to vary.

#27 40 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm pretty sure that's still way cheaper than i've ever paid, and I'm in DC, which can't be much further than Vermont

#28 40 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm pretty sure that's still way cheaper than i've ever paid, and I'm in DC, which can't be much further than Vermont

I imagine the mfrs get a bulk rate of some kind, and they may eat some of the shipping cost. But I agree, STI was $400+ for cross-country shipping five years ago, has to be more by now.

#29 40 days ago

This is an insane deal folks! And the game is going to get even better with code updates.

#30 39 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

STI was $400+ for cross-country shipping five years ago, has to be more by now.

STI was $520 last time I did cross country shipping in 2020. I know they quoted one of my friends over $600 recently. Shipping has gotten rather out of hand. Even shipping a paletted game now through FedEx is close to $500 if you are having it dropped off at your door rather than at a terminal.

#31 39 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

STI was $520 last time I did cross country shipping in 2020. I know they quoted one of my friends over $600 recently. Shipping has gotten rather out of hand. Even shipping a paletted game now through FedEx is close to $500 if you are having it dropped off at your door rather than at a terminal.

This is less then I would have thought as diesel is now more then twice the price as it was in 2020

#32 39 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

A lot depends on if the shipment is going on a core shipping route. I get favorable rates from Chicago to Denver. Most of my pins come by rail via FedEx on that route. I got my B66 in January for $175 insured. That was a buddy dropping it off at the terminal in Chicago and me picking up at the terminal in Denver. Obviously if you add the lift gate charges in both ends that probably adds $100 on each end.

#33 39 days ago

Thank you for the bumps everyone! Machine pending.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!