Topic poll

“Will this pin sell for over 7k”

• Yes 8 votes
    8%
  • No 77 votes
    80%
  • Keep it for your future grandkids 11 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 96 votes by 94 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Steve-Ritchie-1024x768 (resized).jpeg
108-pinball-expo-2017-1024x683 (resized).jpg
clap.gif
D7EDB99F-E79F-4A3D-A5CD-6C5E6848C6FD (resized).jpeg
9DD4821B-0011-4793-831F-4EC92AAEA186.gif
ultraman (resized).png
5989383C-717B-4AA4-8287-DF0E6922FEA3 (resized).jpeg
0E7828CB-B227-49A2-955A-00C820710511 (resized).jpeg
412951DB-DA04-46BA-AAF5-3BE082D36E7E (resized).jpeg
CE8164FE-00CE-4A6E-A063-2BFA6096A86C (resized).jpeg
C5E6CF67-EE5E-43BA-9301-3E751909A879 (resized).jpeg
2ED8967D-D0F3-40EA-8C27-7ACD8BA4C524 (resized).jpeg
511D2787-AD77-40F9-A45F-B52A026FB133 (resized).jpeg
7555815F-9F7B-419B-B6F5-4B21DFA9E37F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Crazy good deal. It's really baffling with this and Halloween.
As a big Halloween fan even if the game was a turd I'd love it as a collectible. It's a bit of an atypical quirky design and I'm not crazy about some of the gameplay elements (like the currently underused middle playfield which isn't all that satisfying to shoot. That said it's a creative and unique game that brings something new to the table and I've been playing mine a ton.
The code has already matured significantly, and I have no reason to believe that won't continue. I'm keeping mine regardless so don't care either way, but as others have predicted I think the value and desirability on both Halloween and Ultraman will eventually skyrocket. People that sold at a loss may have regrets, but a killer value for anyone that picks up on a deal like this.

Unfortunately, no code is going to save this poor/dog shooting layout, even though Ultraman is a great theme. Hope Frankmac sells it to at least a preorder person, as it is still cheaper than paying their total bill on a new in box, even after walking away from a $2k deposit. There just isn’t any demand for UM or HWN after seeing it streamed by so many good players, that could not get much of anything going flow wise or game play. Code will not be the issue in the future, its the layout plain and simple that is the real problem. Guess Koris Barlof should keep to making horror flicks like his big brother, because he sure can’t design pinball, lol.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The talking heads who all crap on a game early are often wrong. See Stranger Things, Walking Dead, Metallica. Batman 66, and many more.

But the major difference you’re not addressing here is that the layouts of all those games are very good, so code could make them better. Big difference between ST, WD, Met and Bat66: all shoot well with many ball interactive mechs. Mature code just put the icing on the cake, where mature code will never be able to do that for UM and HWN period. They will always be poor shooters no matter how good the code becomes.

I'm in on Halloween. I'm a big sucker for horror & monster pins, anything Halloween (the holiday), and upper playfields. So, they got me. But I feel like $9k is too much for any Spooky pin and that it should've cost more like $7500. <$7k is a great price. This buyer made out well.
In hindsight, considering the large production run for these 2 titles (combined) and Spooky's production capacity, I definitely should've waited and will next time. Much better to wait and play the game first, and then take over someone's deposit if you still want to own it. Lesson learned.
For the record I have now played the game and still want to own it. It's not bad.

You sure got that right, $9k is way too much for any spooky pin. The price Frank has his UM priced at $6,899, is what the top price of a Spooky pin should be.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. Right there with you on ALL those games. Especially “The Walking Dud”.

Come on Dougy, quite dumping on these great shooting games, lol. (Haven’t seen you in a while, how’s things?)

#113 1 year ago

Killer good price Frank! Sure hope you close the deal. Going to be good for someone!!

#119 1 year ago

Stern has all the top talent. I don't foresee Spooky ever putting out a product equally polished. But Spooky is still very capable of making a fun layout, and for me this one is no exception. Your views on the layout are your own.

Interestingly enough is those views are shared by most, not just my own. Ask how many want a refund to see proof of that…

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't say all...Keith Johnson, Eric Meunier, Ted Estes, Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Joe Katz and more talented employees over at JJP may disagree with your statement
Bring on the anti JJP downvotes from the usual anti JJP Pinsiders lol, typical.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Don’t see much difference between Spooky’s talent pool and JJPs. About the same for both boutique small pinball companies. Although Spooky has top notch PFs and we all know JJPs are mostly toast after a few hundred plays.

Lololololo, PFreak, you’re in a Spooky chat thread, pimping JJP??? You’ve just proven his point: Stern has all the talent, whether JJP fanboys disagree or not. JJP doesn’t have thousands and thousands of machines on back order, but Stern does, lol.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sorry, this man tops them all[quoted image]

Good one, as Keith does top them all, as well as George Gomez and Brian Eddie (has numerous games in the top 10) and John Borg and Jack Danger and Steve Ric… (oh yeah, his genius retired last several games so went to pasture at JJP - very fitting). Yes, Stern has all the top designers that just keep on giving us hit after hit…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwe5t.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ultraman-collectors-edition-20?tu=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.