Topic poll

“Will this pin sell for over 7k”

• Yes 8 votes
    8%
  • No 77 votes
    80%
  • Keep it for your future grandkids 11 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 96 votes by 94 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Steve-Ritchie-1024x768 (resized).jpeg
108-pinball-expo-2017-1024x683 (resized).jpg
clap.gif
D7EDB99F-E79F-4A3D-A5CD-6C5E6848C6FD (resized).jpeg
9DD4821B-0011-4793-831F-4EC92AAEA186.gif
ultraman (resized).png
5989383C-717B-4AA4-8287-DF0E6922FEA3 (resized).jpeg
0E7828CB-B227-49A2-955A-00C820710511 (resized).jpeg
412951DB-DA04-46BA-AAF5-3BE082D36E7E (resized).jpeg
CE8164FE-00CE-4A6E-A063-2BFA6096A86C (resized).jpeg
C5E6CF67-EE5E-43BA-9301-3E751909A879 (resized).jpeg
2ED8967D-D0F3-40EA-8C27-7ACD8BA4C524 (resized).jpeg
511D2787-AD77-40F9-A45F-B52A026FB133 (resized).jpeg
7555815F-9F7B-419B-B6F5-4B21DFA9E37F (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

The new thunderbirds

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The new thunderbirds

Nah, it would have to be like $3k to be Thunderbirds haha

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Nah, it would have to be like $3k to be Thunderbirds haha

They go for a lot less than 3k.

#104 2 years ago

We have a sale pending!!
Congratulations DaddyManD !!

#105 2 years ago
clap.gifclap.gif
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

We have a sale pending!!

Thanks, Frank. Super excited and great chatting with you!

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

We have a sale pending!!

DMD is a good dude. Just read this thread and wow! Good karma will def come around. Congrats guys

#108 2 years ago

Congrats!! Super good price. Feel bad for the people waiting to pay 9k for the game.

#109 2 years ago

I'm in on Halloween. I'm a big sucker for horror & monster pins, anything Halloween (the holiday), and upper playfields. So, they got me. But I feel like $9k is too much for any Spooky pin and that it should've cost more like $7500. <$7k is a great price. This buyer made out well.

In hindsight, considering the large production run for these 2 titles (combined) and Spooky's production capacity, I definitely should've waited and will next time. Much better to wait and play the game first, and then take over someone's deposit if you still want to own it. Lesson learned.

For the record I have now played the game and still want to own it. It's not bad.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Crazy good deal. It's really baffling with this and Halloween.
As a big Halloween fan even if the game was a turd I'd love it as a collectible. It's a bit of an atypical quirky design and I'm not crazy about some of the gameplay elements (like the currently underused middle playfield which isn't all that satisfying to shoot. That said it's a creative and unique game that brings something new to the table and I've been playing mine a ton.
The code has already matured significantly, and I have no reason to believe that won't continue. I'm keeping mine regardless so don't care either way, but as others have predicted I think the value and desirability on both Halloween and Ultraman will eventually skyrocket. People that sold at a loss may have regrets, but a killer value for anyone that picks up on a deal like this.

Unfortunately, no code is going to save this poor/dog shooting layout, even though Ultraman is a great theme. Hope Frankmac sells it to at least a preorder person, as it is still cheaper than paying their total bill on a new in box, even after walking away from a $2k deposit. There just isn’t any demand for UM or HWN after seeing it streamed by so many good players, that could not get much of anything going flow wise or game play. Code will not be the issue in the future, its the layout plain and simple that is the real problem. Guess Koris Barlof should keep to making horror flicks like his big brother, because he sure can’t design pinball, lol.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The talking heads who all crap on a game early are often wrong. See Stranger Things, Walking Dead, Metallica. Batman 66, and many more.

But the major difference you’re not addressing here is that the layouts of all those games are very good, so code could make them better. Big difference between ST, WD, Met and Bat66: all shoot well with many ball interactive mechs. Mature code just put the icing on the cake, where mature code will never be able to do that for UM and HWN period. They will always be poor shooters no matter how good the code becomes.

I'm in on Halloween. I'm a big sucker for horror & monster pins, anything Halloween (the holiday), and upper playfields. So, they got me. But I feel like $9k is too much for any Spooky pin and that it should've cost more like $7500. <$7k is a great price. This buyer made out well.
In hindsight, considering the large production run for these 2 titles (combined) and Spooky's production capacity, I definitely should've waited and will next time. Much better to wait and play the game first, and then take over someone's deposit if you still want to own it. Lesson learned.
For the record I have now played the game and still want to own it. It's not bad.

You sure got that right, $9k is way too much for any spooky pin. The price Frank has his UM priced at $6,899, is what the top price of a Spooky pin should be.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. Right there with you on ALL those games. Especially “The Walking Dud”.

Come on Dougy, quite dumping on these great shooting games, lol. (Haven’t seen you in a while, how’s things?)

#113 2 years ago

Killer good price Frank! Sure hope you close the deal. Going to be good for someone!!

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Unfortunately, no code is going to save this poor shooting layout

Do the upper playfields make it a bad layout for you? I have seen other people comment that it is Spooky's best layout to date so a little confused. I get that some people don't like upper playfields but that was known before anybody had a chance to order. Also Spooky is not known for their cookie cutter/fan layouts so if people thought this was going to shoot like EHOH or ST then they had wrong expectations.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do the upper playfields make it a bad layout for you? I have seen other people comment that it is Spooky's best layout to date so a little confused. I get that some people don't like upper playfields but that was known before anybody had a chance to order. Also Spooky is not known for their cookie cutter/fan layouts so if people thought this was going to shoot like EHOH or ST then they had wrong expectations.

This is 100 percent true.

I took one look at that layout and thought it wasn’t for me. I like more traditional / classic layouts that bear resemblance to the games I’ve been enjoying for decades.

But I also thought “the folks who are always clamoring for innovation / 4 upper playfields every release are gonna love this.”

I think both are true. If you wanted a game that shot like a traditional pinball machine, you had no business laying out a $2k non refundable deposit for this thing. People got caught up in the FOMO, and more than one was probably thinking about the profits to be made on this rare limited release.

Think more before you buy and then you’ll be happier in the long run.

#116 2 years ago

The talking heads who all crap on a game early are often wrong. See Stranger Things, Walking Dead, Metallica. Batman 66, and many more.

Quoted from jimwe5t:

But the major difference you’re not addressing here is that the layouts of all those games are very good

I would argue the layout on BM66 is not great at all - the code makes the game

#117 2 years ago

I went through this with my XMLE when I sold it, could hardly give it away. I ended up trading it for a TWD pro, I had to sweeten the deal by adding a Color DMD to the LE. This is was an LE trade for a pro.

I swear nobody waned the XMLE at the time, I had it for a couple of years so the code was done by this time it just didn’t click with me, so I was ok accepting a lesser value pin. I still have TWD pro it’s one of my favorite games.

Sometimes you just need to get rid of a pin and get something that you prefer.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

But the major difference you’re not addressing here is that the layouts of all those games are very good, so code could make them better. Big difference between ST, WD, Met and Bat66: all shoot well with many ball interactive mechs. Mature code just put the icing on the cake, where mature code will never be able to do that for UM and HWN period. They will always be poor shooters no matter how good the code becomes.

You sure got that right, $9k is way too much for

Stern has all the top talent. I don't foresee Spooky ever putting out a product equally polished. But Spooky is still very capable of making a fun layout, and for me this one is no exception. Your views on the layout are your own.

#119 2 years ago

Stern has all the top talent. I don't foresee Spooky ever putting out a product equally polished. But Spooky is still very capable of making a fun layout, and for me this one is no exception. Your views on the layout are your own.

Interestingly enough is those views are shared by most, not just my own. Ask how many want a refund to see proof of that…

#120 2 years ago

I wouldn't say all...Keith Johnson, Eric Meunier, Ted Estes, Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Joe Katz and more talented employees over at JJP may disagree with your statement

Bring on the anti JJP downvotes from the usual anti JJP Pinsiders lol, typical.

108-pinball-expo-2017-1024x683 (resized).jpg108-pinball-expo-2017-1024x683 (resized).jpg

Steve-Ritchie-1024x768 (resized).jpegSteve-Ritchie-1024x768 (resized).jpeg

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Interestingly enough is those views are shared by most, not just my own. Ask how many want a refund to see proof of that…

It's true many are bailing. "Most" is an unknown. A wild guess, at best.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't say all...Keith Johnson, Eric Meunier, Ted Estes, Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Joe Katz and more talented employees over at JJP may disagree with your statement
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Don’t see much difference between Spooky’s talent pool and JJPs. About the same for both boutique small pinball companies. Although Spooky has top notch PFs and we all know JJPs are mostly toast after a few hundred plays.

Lololololo, PFreak, you’re in a Spooky chat thread, pimping JJP??? You’ve just proven his point: Stern has all the talent, whether JJP fanboys disagree or not. JJP doesn’t have thousands and thousands of machines on back order, but Stern does, lol.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t see much difference between Spooky’s talent pool and JJPs. About the same for both boutique small pinball companies. Although Spooky has top notch PFs and we all know JJPs are mostly toast after a few hundred plays.
Lololololo, PFreak, you’re in a Spooky chat thread, pimping JJP??? You’ve just proven his point: Stern has all the talent, whether JJP fanboys disagree or not. JJP doesn’t have thousands and thousands of machines on back order, but Stern does, lol.

Absolutelyyyy not agree, just because stern sells a lot of pinball machines doesn't mean it will be a good one.
I've had many stern in the past, and as a collector and player, I've kept nothing, how many sterns have been savagely programmed.
Many here are distributors, influencers, because first of all they look if the machine is beautiful at first sight and know nothing about it just to make an investment and profit. for me the machine should play well and it should bring fun, interactivity and the Wow effect.
It's a good thing JJP and Spooky came along afterwards because I probably would have stopped the pinball if stern continued to bore us with the lack of creativity
LOL

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Because most are sheep.

#125 2 years ago

How much did you “lose” frankmac ?? $2k?

FFS, 5 years ago you bought NIB Sterns and expected to lose $2k just for opening the box. Which was still better than buying almost every other toy in this world.

Now someone loses $2k on a NIB game and everyone loses their shit. “Worse game ever!” “If I lost 2k on a game I’d be suicidal.” “I’m going to sue Spooky for damages!”

At some point the Goldilocks fantasy era will end. Going to be some buthurt pinsiders jumping off the ship.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry, this man tops them all

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#127 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sorry, this man tops them all[quoted image]

Good one, as Keith does top them all, as well as George Gomez and Brian Eddie (has numerous games in the top 10) and John Borg and Jack Danger and Steve Ric… (oh yeah, his genius retired last several games so went to pasture at JJP - very fitting). Yes, Stern has all the top designers that just keep on giving us hit after hit…

#130 2 years ago

At least we found a bottom to this game. I believe CT played a small factor into driving the price down $200-$400 also but again.....at least we've found a bottom. Congrats on the sale and a bigger CONGRATS to the new buyer.

#131 2 years ago

Ibtl

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Unfortunately, no code is going to save this poor/dog shooting layout, even though Ultraman is a great theme. Hope Frankmac sells it to at least a preorder person, as it is still cheaper than paying their total bill on a new in box, even after walking away from a $2k deposit. There just isn’t any demand for UM or HWN after seeing it streamed by so many good players, that could not get much of anything going flow wise or game play. Code will not be the issue in the future, its the layout plain and simple that is the real problem. Guess Koris Barlof should keep to making horror flicks like his big brother, because he sure can’t design pinball, lol.

You post this every chance you get. We get it, you don’t like pinball.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

At least we found a bottom to this game. I believe CT played a small factor into driving the price down $200-$400 also but again.....at least we've found a bottom. Congrats on the sale and a bigger CONGRATS to the new buyer.

Maybe for this game, but not necessarily for this title. Hopefully prices don't get any lower because it's already less costly to walk away from your deposit than to take delivery if you've decided the game isn't for you.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Delusional

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lots of talent. Yet their machines play like crap. Worst flippers in pinball.

Seriously.
They should try Bally's Linear Flippers. Be a massive improvement.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

They should try Bally's Linear Flippers. Be a massive improvement.

Ha, damn. At least you can turn them up.

Congrats on the long sale

#137 1 year ago

And to the guy hesitating . .Shit Outta Luck Dude

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ultraman-collectors-edition-20/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.