(Topic ID: 132385)

For sale: tx-sector

By slydog43

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter.jpg
    lowerPlayfield.jpg
    rightplayfield.jpg
    leftplayfield.jpg
    front.jpg
    cab.jpg
    alpha.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

tx-sector

Added: 2015-07-06 03:02:47 UTC • Ended: January 29th, 2016
    Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

Make offer

I'm not sure about selling my TX-Sector, but was interested on how much I should expect to get for this title. Its works %100.

Any idea on how much this is worth?

Edit: getting nice offers so I will explain more.
    known problems: no leg levelers, doorbell button on front of cab. Alpha Numeric display does not attach correctly (I think it doesn't but don't have any other gottlieb machines to compare too. Plays GREAT

Item photos

alpha.jpg
    cab.jpg
    front.jpg
    leftplayfield.jpg
    rightplayfield.jpg
    lowerPlayfield.jpg
    shooter.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are slydog43's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to slydog43's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Hackettstown, NJ, US

#2 8 years ago

People would be able to give you a better assessment if you added some pictures. Also usually questions like this are put in a "Buying Advice" thread before the seller starts a for sale thread.

Anyways, TX-Sector is a great game, and good luck with the sale!

#3 8 years ago

Whoa pics? I want it, Whats up, give it to me.

#4 8 years ago

PM'ing, jesus.

#5 8 years ago

Pm sent

#6 8 years ago

I have been offered $2500 for mine as it sits by 3 people in the past 12 months.

Nice pf, all ground mods done, fresh shop/rubbers/topside teardown/premium LEDs. Cab is average.

That is atleast one reference point for you.

Needless to say, mine is NOT for sale.

#7 8 years ago

oh, and if you sell it be prepared to miss it

#8 8 years ago

jesus talk about misleading thread title...

#9 8 years ago

Hi,
    Made an offer and sent PM. Please respond, thank you kindly.

#10 8 years ago

The curious case of TX- Sector...

Not too long ago, nobody seemed to care about TX....that is until a video was made by a guy, goofing around about how great it was.
    and then almost overnight it was hailed as being this ridiculously awesome masterpiece?

Played one at Allentown a couple years back for a few games. It was okay, nothing that made me think it was worth chasing after.

Now if it was a Gottlieb Punk! That's a different story.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not too long ago, nobody seemed to care about TX....that is until a video was made by a guy, goofing around about how great it was.
    and then almost overnight it was hailed as being this ridiculously awesome masterpiece?
    Played one at Allentown a couple years back for a few games. It was okay, nothing that made me think it was worth chasing after.
    Now if it was a Gottlieb Punk! That's a different story.

Better watch giving opinions on sale threads, ive been hounded this week for simply mentioning the same kind of stuff...... not sure whats going on with this place lately but some people need to loosein up . I agree with you tho lol

#12 8 years ago

Not really too worried. The seller was asking $1000 which is reasonable...causing everyone to jump at it like a steak dinner.

When you're talking $2500 range for a system 80b? Check please.

#13 8 years ago

Not really too worried. The seller was asking $1000 which is reasonable...causing everyone to jump at it like a steak dinner.

I'm jumping like steak dinner because I'm 0 for 2 on buying TX-Sector this year. I can buy most games with patience and money, TX-Sector you apparently need speed and luck as well.

Whysnow offered "$2800-3000" for a working TZ earlier this year which started a fun thread, but a game he owns and loves has 3 offers at a price no one has probably ever paid for the game He should write a price guide.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm jumping like steak dinner because I'm 0 for 2 on buying TX-Sector this year. I can buy most games with patience and money, TX-Sector you apparently need speed and luck as well.
    Whysnow offered "$2800-3000" for a working TZ earlier this year which started a fun thread, but a game he owns and loves has 3 offers at a price no one has probably ever paid for the game He should write a price guide.

funny part was that I found a sample TZ for 2800 shorthly after starting that thread.

I don't control what others are willing to pay for a game. I can tell you that TX-Sector accounts for the majority of non-solicited PMs "Wondering if you would sell?".

It is honestly a GREAT game and I put it in a similar category to some of the great system 11 games. Simple to understand ruleset but VERY challenging to master. It has that same "just one more" feeling and pretty much all the local guys can vouch that at the end of the night everyone is always playing dollar games on TX. The thing with many of the 80b games is that it is VERY diffciult to find them, let alone find them in good condition and cleaned up. Mine will eventually have the NOS pf installed when I find the time. This game is worht the effort for me!

If you are looking to try out the beauty of a cheaper sys80B game then go find a Genesis or Robowar which are other great titles and super fun. (or find an Excalibur but you will need some luck to even find one of those >> luckily still under the radar if you do find one so can probably get it for a better price)

I would suggest the the OP that he not sell for less than 2k and if he has a nice example then 2500plus is going rate based on the people that have relentlessly been asking for mine.

#15 8 years ago

I dont think its 1000 I think its another auction?

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm jumping like steak dinner

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need to know what this means.

#17 8 years ago

updated 1st post to include some pics.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Sorry to be off-topic, but I need to know what this means.

Probably not what he means, but I know that if you shoot Epinephrine (Epi-Pen) into a steak it will pulse and twitch

#19 8 years ago

The key to that game's new wow factor as evidenced by that guy in that video wasn't so much TX's gameplay, but the incredibly awesome music, that's what sells that pin today IMHO.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jojo1111:

The key to that game's new wow factor as evidenced by that guy in that video wasn't so much TX's gameplay, but the incredibly awesome music, that's what sells that pin today IMHO.

Thanks. Never heard the music on it and just checked it out. Really cool stuff. Has a kind of "Nintendo RPG" vibe to it.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

funny part was that I found a sample TZ for 2800 shorthly after starting that thread.
    I don't control what others are willing to pay for a game. I can tell you that TX-Sector accounts for the majority of non-solicited PMs "Wondering if you would sell?".
    It is honestly a GREAT game and I put it in a similar category to some of the great system 11 games. Simple to understand ruleset but VERY challenging to master. It has that same "just one more" feeling and pretty much all the local guys can vouch that at the end of the night everyone is always playing dollar games on TX. The thing with many of the 80b games is that it is VERY diffciult to find them, let alone find them in good condition and cleaned up. Mine will eventually have the NOS pf installed when I find the time. This game is worht the effort for me!
    If you are looking to try out the beauty of a cheaper sys80B game then go find a Genesis or Robowar which are other great titles and super fun. (or find an Excalibur but you will need some luck to even find one of those >> luckily still under the radar if you do find one so can probably get it for a better price)
    I would suggest the the OP that he not sell for less than 2k and if he has a nice example then 2500plus is going rate based on the people that have relentlessly been asking for mine.

Can you please price pump my NBAFB and my SST when you get a chance? I'll settle for anything over $2200

#22 8 years ago

The music is admittedly awesome, but I really enjoy the gameplay as well. I don't think I could get myself to pay $2500 for one, though.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Can you please price pump my NBAFB and my SST when you get a chance? I'll settle for anything over $2200

NBAFB sucks, but SST is pretty fun. Not 2200 fun, but still fun.

I really am not pumping anything, just letting it be know what others have offered me when trying to buy mine form me. If you are looking for a nice tx, good luck finding one for less than 1k. Unless you are buying from an oblivious seller it will not happen IME.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

NBAFB sucks, but SST is pretty fun. Not 2200 fun, but still fun.
    I really am not pumping anything, just letting it be know what others have offered me when trying to buy mine form me. If you are looking for a nice tx, good luck finding one for less than 1k. Unless you are buying from an oblivious seller it will not happen IME.

Well it was worth a shot. I do agree under $1k won't happen in the open market.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jojo1111:

be that as it may, I promise that a game like Punk! is far more rare, and has a much better score than Tx Sector, yet besides a few die hard collectors, nobody pays that game any attention.

#26 8 years ago

be that as it may, I promise that a game like Punk! is far more rare, and has a much better score than Tx Sector, yet besides a few die hard collectors, nobody pays that game any attention.

Punk is by far more rare, but has none of the great gameplay of TX IME. That said, I would like more time on it as I have only ever seen/played one example.

#27 8 years ago

No leg levelers..?

#28 8 years ago

I played one at the CPC this past weekend and it was okay, but I don't see why everyone is gaga over it.

Just like Genesis - you couldn't give them away until someone decided it was the best thing since sliced bread and suddenly it's a hot property.

Admittedly I liked TX more than Genesis, but if you're comparing it to Sys11 games you're off the mark a bit. Like, say, SoF is much better.

#29 8 years ago

Doesn't have to be a top 5 game to be a chase game. Spooky and Mystery Castle are good games people jump at the opportunity to buy, but they're not beating out classics like TZ and Funhouse on most people's lists. If you're looking for any rarer game for months and one finally comes up it's exciting.

SoF is another one of these games though! 5 want ads, zero FS ads on Pinside right now

#30 8 years ago

Its what I like to call the "game of the month". Everybody gets all hot for some title because someone said it was great and next thing you know everyone wants one. Next month it will be some other game....probably SST or did we already do that one?
    Personally when I had the TX Sector here I thought it was kinda cool but to me it was only like $700 cool at the most and that translight was the worst thing I'd seen. I liked the light show and the way it kept you on your toes and stuff but there is no way I'd own one in the collection as a keeper...its just not for me and I was more then glad to help out a fellow Pinsider and move it onto him since he wanted one so bad. Just my two cents.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#31 8 years ago

TX and Genesis are my favorite Gottleibs. Never seen or even heard of Punk. I just can't get into SOF and I have tried more than once. NBAFB is an awesome game and I dont even like basketball!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Never seen or even heard of Punk.

A lot of people are in this boat.

Out of all the pinballs I have found/unearthed, including Cactus Canyon, I think I'm more proud to have found a Gottlieb Punk!

For a regular production pin with a low but not crazy low production number, it remains one of the most difficult games to find.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Its what I like to call the "game of the month". Everybody gets all hot for some title because someone said it was great and next thing you know everyone wants one. Next month it will be some other game....probably SST or did we already do that one?
    Personally when I had the TX Sector here I thought it was kinda cool but to me it was only like $700 cool at the most and that translight was the worst thing I'd seen. I liked the light show and the way it kept you on your toes and stuff but there is no way I'd own one in the collection as a keeper...its just not for me and I was more then glad to help out a fellow Pinsider and move it onto him since he wanted one so bad. Just my two cents.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

I agree with John. Had one and just don't understand the hype. It's an "ok" game. Not in the same league as many of System 11s. I also sold mine to a friend who really wanted one. I don't miss it at all. Backglass is horrible. Even worse in person. Just looks so washed out.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Did you have a different one at one point from the one you sold me? The one I got from you was not on its legs and sitting in the garage on the floor when I came to get it. It did not play without resetting and needed all the typical ground mods along with flipper rebuilds and the typical 80b stuff to bring it back to life. Hard to believe I bought that from you almost 3 years ago now. Still loving it and glad you found it for me.

I still think you should go back to wherever you got it and ask them for some of their MMJ. Those guys must have been growing some dank stuff. I remember my wife being worried that if we got pulled over on the way home then the cops were going to give us the full cavity search just because of how much that game smelled like fresh green. The corrosion on the underside still makes me wonder if they were stashing the weed in the cab to hide it from someone... Maybe they just had the game in their grow room. Tx would be the perfect game to have in a stoner house. Teleport man...

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I played one at the CPC this past weekend and it was okay, but I don't see why everyone is gaga over it.

Yeah, I played that TX as well and it certainly didn't play or look nearly as nice as the one I have in my basement. The music and sound effects are awesome and were lost in that noisy room, unfortunately.

Next time you're headed to Nick's, drop by my place first. And get super-fresh samosas!

#36 8 years ago

I had a friend buy tx about 6 months ago. Its really nice and he paid 2100. I think he really overpaid and he does from time to time for games that dont come up for sale often but i believe that 2k is possible for this title as i have seen it personally.

#37 8 years ago

I would gladly pay 2K for a TX Sector in good shape.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Has a kind of "Nintendo RPG" vibe to it.

I agree, reminds me of my TG16... So many Sys80B's have great music. Some of my favorite stuff comes out of Genesis, TX, Diamond Lady, RoboWar, etc

#39 8 years ago

Can someone bring me up to date on this video being referred to?

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Can someone bring me up to date on this video being referred to?

#41 8 years ago

Nope thats the only one I've ever had the pleasure to own. I played it and fixed the currect issues at there house a year earlier and when you wanted one I went back to them to see if they'd sell. I didn't make anything off it just tried to help out and I have no doubt the game needed more work on it then what i could do for it in a couple of hours at there place that first time around. Getting it out of there living room area was a huge pain for sure since they had so much stuff around and under it and the only way out was through the front door area and that was packed with more crap including a HUGE bird/squirrel/ferret cage or whatever they had in it at the moment....ugh. They were very nice people and they loved pinball but I think they could have used the money worse then having a pinball machine and I'm sure they'd love to have another game sometime....maybe I can go back and help them out again as I've always felt bad for them.....
    As for the game play like I said I think it was interesting and I liked the light show..., but the overall look and theme of the game just doesn't do it for me. I think I represented the game as best I could and if you wanted to set it up and play it that day then we could have done that and maybe we should have. I've often thought that this deal was one of my worst.....Enough said.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#42 8 years ago

I have found that guests who have never seen the video or heard the hype still love TX. It's a solid game with simple but challenging rules. You can set your own jackpots with the power levels unless you get too high and light lock. Then you have to start over. Good risk & reward. The random call outs are also great. Some guy whispering "I'm here" random "whoa's" from the pop bumpers. I think the design crew may have been enjoying some fresh green during the design of this thing. It's great.

#43 8 years ago

Played this pin a bunch at a show and enjoyed it and is probably one of the best gottlieb pins imo

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Played this pin a bunch at a show and enjoyed it and is probably one of the best gottlieb pins imo

One of the best? Nooo. Far from imho. I can name a dozen right now that trump this game.

Rocky
    Spirit
    Qberts Quest
    Punk!
    Haunted House
    Black Hole
    Mars God of War
    Hoops
    Stargate
    Joker Poker
    Krull (the music is amazing)
    Pink Panther

#45 8 years ago

One of the best? Nooo. Far from imho. I can name a dozen right now that trump this game.
    Rocky
    Spirit
    Qberts Quest
    Punk!
    Haunted House
    Black Hole
    Mars God of War
    Hoops
    Stargate
    Joker Poker
    Pink Panther

Ok let me re frase that lol of the gottliebes ive played it one of the better ones and I enjoyed it. I also like haunted house, black hole

#46 8 years ago

Pink Panther and Hoops are both fantastic games.

#47 8 years ago

Rocky
    Spirit
    Qberts Quest
    Punk!
    Haunted House
    Black Hole
    Mars God of War
    Hoops
    Stargate
    Joker Poker
    Pink Panther

I would put TX over all except Stargate. I have not played Krull or Pink Panther unfortunately so can't judge those, but the rest of the list is not even close to TX IMHO. If you want other close to tx then go to robowar, excalibur, and genesis.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'd pay $1500 for a nice SST.

#49 8 years ago

Just because I've can't recall seeing something like this before. Picture #5. Is that a doorbell???

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just because I've can't recall seeing something like this before. Picture #5. Is that a doorbell???

yeah, people wire all sorts of crazy buttons in for credit buttons.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tx-sector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.