time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

OP less than 1 year on pinside, owns 1 machine. Hmmm...

Less than one year? Click on the link to view the profile and look beyond the generalization

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Would it kill you to clean it, change the lamps and rubbers? $65k and you can’t spring for $200 in parts?

People in the market for “significant” pieces do not jump into pieces or not based on such things.

The op is trying to reach a set of buyers... to know his piece is available. He’ll get that done no matter what the vocals ones on pinside say. His only mission is making it known the game is for sale.

The vast majority of specialized game sales never see the light of day on pinside. The people that pay these crazy prices on pins do not flaunt it or really acknowledge it in the general public

A serious buyer will reach out privately... and the OP will have served its purpose.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Could someone please explain why anyone would pay even 1k extra for any prototype game?

For the same reason people pay for incomplete unreleased games... or versions that were changed (mata hari, taxi, etc). They are buying into the story and history of the piece... not because it's a better pinball machine.

Why do people buy antiques that don't even work?

#183 5 years ago

There is a whole side of this hobby that apparently many are oblivious to... but doesn't stop them from letting everyone know it....

Why don't some people checkout this thread... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-rareprototype-pinball-stuff

And recognize most of that kind of stuff changes hands at unusual prices and generally NOT in the public view.

Not saying the 65k price is right.... but apparently many don't know there is an entirely different type of collector market out there too...

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so you are buying into a story or history of a game. My question is why? Why buy a game for it's history, so you can brag to friends(who probably don't care or see the relevance) about where it came from or where it has been. It makes absolutely no sense to me when it comes to a pinball machine-maybe a car or something else-but a pinball machine? Again scratching my head because I just don't get it. I would not even pay a premium for a game that someone famous once owned-again who gives a crap? I only pay a premium based on condition-Condition is king in my book.

Why do people pay a premium for unmolested barn find cars instead of restored pristine ones?

Why do people pay for a simple handwriting example from a dead person?

Its a different type of collecting - obviously not what you are into... but you are being rather obtuse about collecting- and not just in coin op

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just had a thought about all of those 'special collectors' out there that got bam-boozled into thinking Magic Girl was special and unique. Now they have a $20,000 paper weight starring at them everyday that they cannot sell(or play ) on secondary market-that would be torture for me to have to stare at a paper weight all day.

The whales knew that you don't build scarcity and history out of the gate...

The hobby as you describe it is why MMr sold. That is the new money side of the hobby. There is far far far more out there than the guys who have every nib since X-men.

The sad thing is instead of just acknowledging there is more out there... people like you try to jam it down people's throats that it's dead, dying, or somehow off. I guess this is the same mindset that thinks pinside is the center of the pinball universe and podcasters are the real pulse of things....

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Flynnibus, I think we can agree that there is certainly a market for rare collectibles that would include rare or highly unusual pinball machines. Those collectors, who may value a variety of rare objects, may very well pay much more than what we pinball collectors would pay. My guess is most of us here buy pins to play them, or restore and improve them, although not all of us. But many collectors of rare cars, Hollywood memorabilia or historical artifacts buy things not to use them or even necessarily to display them, but simply to tpossess and appreciate them for their rarity. A “first ever” of something can be a very valuable thing. And, who knows what the uber-rich do with their money? I certainly don’t. Maybe there is a secret society of “eyes wide shut” rich people who have beautiful naked women walk around rooms filled with pinball machine prototypes.

There are amazing collections out there... and as TBK mentioned there are major hoarder collections too. Most of the “new money” folks who have gotten into the hobby in the last 10-12 years don’t hang around those types... because they are into the hobby for different reasons and appreciate different things. One just has to imagine people saying the stuff written here in person and you can see how they wouldn’t be invited to see the “hidden” collections.

There is something to be said for respecting what you might not actually know... a trait lost on many it seems.

No one has suggested this example is worthy of 65k.. but there is a market for unique examples that has interesting and credible provenance. The cool thing is most of the 90s history still has the key players accessible to verify or validate things.

It’s too easy to fake stuff these days, so provenance and chain of history would be needed. But again, people don’t buy this kind of stuff from a pinside ad... they use it to find of something is out there.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Drop test? Does that mean what I think it means?
Just out of curiosity, why would you need a drop test on a pinball machine?

Likely safety testing... to ensure to doesn’t hurt someone after being abused. Or packing validation... to ensure survivability and reduce doa shipments and that associated cost.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am beginning to think that all of these 'Heavy Hitters/Whales' that would pay a substantial premium for a Proto/Sample are just a small bunch of guys with 'delusions of grandeur'.
I will leave you with this tasty one......

Do you seriously just go around belittling and attacking everything you don't know or agree with?

Because you're making yourself look like a fool by trying to put down people simply because you don't appreciate the same kind of stuff.

2 months later
#797 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Relax, no need to get bent out of shape. Gryszzz is actually one of the good guys around here. Maybe a little rough when he has had 3 - 4, OK 12 beers, but he is a die hard pinballer!

Still no need for any of those last posts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.