time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
there's 300 "joke replies" in this thread.

Actually the last few pages were some interesting and informative posts...off topic yes, but not like the hate and needling portrayed in the first 5 or 6.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually the last few pages were some interesting and informative posts...off topic yes, but not like the hate and needling portrayed in the first 5 or 6.

How is it anymore off topic than the op's post? Think pinside would see more value if the discussion turned to the immaculate baywatch.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

How is it anymore off topic than the op's post? Think pinside would see more value if the discussion turned to the immaculate baywatch.

So now you're going to say that someone posting a for sale thread in the market place is off topic because you don't like the price?

#404 5 years ago

Did the OP get his price advice from the American pickers?

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I also would accept "Pawn Stars."

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry this one don't make the cut!!!

Bullshit. Kick it old school and let Shazam in!

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Please stay on topic. This is a for sale thread. Open a new thread if you want to discuss crazy joke price replies.

Is it really a for sale ad though?

It seems to have been designed to push everyone’s buttons, which it absolutely accomplished, but instead of the typical “Levi now owns your thread” scenario, this (brand new to pinside ) seller has set an amazing example of courtesy and professionalism throughout it all. Truly how we should all conduct ourselves regardless of any price in for sale ads.

#408 5 years ago

Well this should be wrapping up any time now. I'm guessing whatever pinsider this is, made his point. Got his offers. And will be marking this off without donating to pinside as per usual. (He "decided to keep") Just a guess.

At least I learned a lot about prototypes

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Quoted from pinwhoo:
Hmmm. Wonder if that's the one I had. Don't remember who I sold it to, but it was quite a while ago.
Doubt it because JWJr found it in a crate at a distributor.

OK, thx. Found mine at an op. He had moved and this was still at his old place. Along with a few other pf I picked up.

#410 5 years ago

I love this thread and respect the hell out of OP. Normally I love jumping in or at least watching the dumpster fire unfold on price police threads, but this one is different. OP is smart and most of you guys on here freaking out are looking quite the opposite. How do you price a game like this? You can't really. You just need to get the word out that it is available, just like OP said, and he did a great job of doing that. Do I think it'll sell for 65k? Nah! But I bet OP doesn't either. Trust me, he'll find a buyer for this game, and both OP and new owner will be happy with the deal they were able to arrange while the normies are still here slingin poop at the wall.

Its different when some clueless doodoo head is asking too much for his game, and especially when said doodoo head starts freaking out too or doubling down. Those threads are fun. This isn't that though. This guy knows what he's doing. Good luck with your sale OP fns9l, I like your style!

Edit- I just want to also add a shout out to black knight and others who have offered interesting insight to the world of collecting, and history. I always love that stuff!

#411 5 years ago

I do like how the OP has proven to be untrollable. You rarely see that!

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do like how the OP has proven to be untrollable. You rarely see that!

Most definitely!! Thats what really got me on the OP's side and realizing whats going on here. I bet he's having a pretty good chuckle at some of these responses. You know what, if I ever had anything super rare I'd do the exact same thing.

#413 5 years ago

Maybe the idea is list high so people can talk you down and think they got a deal?

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Is it really a for sale ad though?
It seems to have been designed to push everyone’s buttons, which it absolutely accomplished, but instead of the typical “Levi now owns your thread” scenario, this (brand new to pinside ) seller has set an amazing example of courtesy and professionalism throughout it all. Truly how we should all conduct ourselves regardless of any price in for sale ads.

The machine Genuinely is for sale!

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

The machine Genuinely is for sale!

Are you TWiLightZonechamp on twin galaxies ? 200$, that was quite the deal of the century !

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Are you TWiLightZonechamp on twin galaxies ? 200$, that was quite the deal of the century ![quoted image]

Nice sleuthing!

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Are you TWiLightZonechamp on twin galaxies ? 200$, that was quite the deal of the century ![quoted image]

Seriously! Wow. This thread is not over. This make bitcoins looks like a bad deal...

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

burn (resized).JPGburn (resized).JPG
#419 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So now you're going to say that someone posting a for sale thread in the market place is off topic because you don't like the price?

Is it a for sale thread if the seller posts an unrealistic price and despite overwhelimg feedback never sets a real price. This has come across more as a means for the seller to get attention.

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

American Pickers use me as an "expert" to evalute pricing.

#422 5 years ago

Figure out and offer free shipping continental US and Canada (using the best, obviously, a fully enclosed crate.)
That will open things up a bit.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Figure out and offer free shipping continental US and Canada (using the best, obviously, a fully enclosed crate.)
That will open things up a bit.

I dont think the buyer in the sector buys for "free shipping"

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I dont think the buyer in the sector buys for "free shipping"

You don't stay rich by passing up free shipping.

#425 5 years ago

No, you're right, I get that we're talking about a Sotheby's Auction item here. I was going more for making it super simple for the out-of-town buyer. Not limit yourself to only the Chicago wealthy.
Heck, if you're looking at anywhere near that price, I'd even credit the buyer for a round trip plane ticket if he/ she wants to personally supervise the packaging (which I probably would), and obviously pay you directly.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

No, you're right, I get that that we're talking about a Sotheby's Auction House type item. I was going more for making it super simple for the out-of-town buyer. Not limit yourself to the Chicago wealthy only.
Heck, if you're looking at anywhere near that price, I'd even credit the buyer for a round trip plane ticket if he/ she wants to personally supervise the packaging (which I probably would), and obviously pay you directly.

I understand your point now. I have been in communication with several buyers in Canadia, Europe, and Australia. Shipping does not seem to put them off.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I have been in communication with several buyers in Canadia, Europe, and Australia. Shipping does not seem to put them off.

Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaaaad.

#428 5 years ago

I check in on Pinside 2-3 times a day and spend a lot of time catching up on this thread.
Let’s get this sold so the thread will slow down!

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaaaad.

"In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks"

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I check in on Pinside 2-3 times a day and spend a lot of time catching up on this thread.
Let’s get this sold so the thread will slow down!

Might be sooner than you think!

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

No but now im thinking you are. I see this has already been submitted to the internarional pinball database under other peoples names as well. To be honest, I havent owned this machine all that long. So a previous owner could have. Or these odd things that keep coming up are staged. I paid quite a high price for this machine

No I'm just a guy using Google who tries to put some context into this sale. I think at that price and given the history or uncertainty around this particular serial number, it wouldn't hurt to introduce yourself a bit more, talk about your background, how you got this particular machine, stories that the seller might have told you.

Pretty much what you would do on American Pickers, but for the joy of us Pinsiders !

#432 5 years ago

I may be removing this sale thread soon.

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Due to the volatile atmostphere of this forum, I will refrain from giving any information publicly. I have provided details to several serious buyers. Due to the flame war nature of this thread, I wouls greatly appreciate it if you would remove your posting of the picture of that text, and all subsequent posts about it. I am not acusing you of personal wrong doing, but your actions are inciting more internet flame wars. Please work with me to keep this as calm as we can.

That's where I believe you are missing the point. The flames came from the very limited amount of informations you've put about yourself and the machine you are selling. It's a collector's item, collectors love to hear stories about what they collect, it really is quite simple.

I will not remove my post from that old forum thread, for I did not accuse you of anything, all I did there was asking a question. I would love to get in touch with that guy and hear how and where his father got this machine and learn more about this model's history.

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Source link, for those interested:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/118572-What-s-a-good-Twilight-Zone-score-(pinMAME)

Whether or not what the poster in that thread is saying is actually true or not, who knows.

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I may be removing this sale thread soon.

Please do, put it on E-Bay.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Pinside runs on donations. The seller will donate to Pinside if the game sells here.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Ebay might be as horrible as the children on this website. This is why we cant have nice things.

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Pinside runs on donations. The seller will donate to Pinside if the game sells here.

The seller is about to file a law suit against pinside for emotional abuse and suffering.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Ebay might be as horrible as the children on this website. This is why we cant have nice things.

Quoted from fns9l:

The seller is about to file a law suit against pinside for emotional abuse and suffering.

He’s starting to crack!

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

That has as good of a chance as selling a 65K TZ.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

OP's post #88 - I was originally going to use ebay to list this machine. However, ebay limits first time sellers to $500.

LTG : )

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

He’s starting to crack!

Just making a joke.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Just making a joke.

Me too, my friend.

#444 5 years ago

You’ve just crossed over....

50EFBE30-FB63-47DD-B0D7-D4103CBE4F9E (resized).jpeg50EFBE30-FB63-47DD-B0D7-D4103CBE4F9E (resized).jpeg

AAFE35E7-11FD-4BA3-937A-66AE869F0631 (resized).jpegAAFE35E7-11FD-4BA3-937A-66AE869F0631 (resized).jpeg
#445 5 years ago

Opening lemonade stand this weekend.

260,000 glasses at $0.25 each.

I'm a glass half full guy, so totally achievable.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Opening lemonade stand this weekend.
260,000 glasses at $0.25 each.
I'm a glass half full guy, so totally achievable.

I will sell you half of a pinball machine.

#447 5 years ago

If only I had someone to play with....

CFED648F-9EDF-4F5E-9DA0-DCDC01A12097 (resized).jpegCFED648F-9EDF-4F5E-9DA0-DCDC01A12097 (resized).jpeg
#448 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

No but now im thinking you are. I see this has already been submitted to the internarional pinball database under other peoples names as well. To be honest, I havent owned this machine all that long. So a previous owner could have. Or these odd things that keep coming up are staged. I paid quite a high price for this machine

You realize that post was made back in 2011? You think he wasted using a time machine to post that?

#449 5 years ago

Coz - Those three pics above just busted me up!!! LMFAO!!!

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

You realize that post was made back in 2011? You think he wasted using a time machine to post that?

Hmmm...That's a weird post to make on the topic. Sounds like something the person whom actually made that post would say!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
$ 29.95
$ 132.00
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/9?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.