time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

What took you so long ? Someone could have gotten screwed out of a lot of money. Typical cop, late as usual.

I knew you were missing it....

#102 5 years ago

Thanks for the new pics.

Weren't the red boards used on prototypes, or am I confused.

Hell, both things can be true!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Is the $65,000 list price accurate or a typo?

A MM No.1 Proto was offered in germany for 22.000 Euro and sold so it seems that 65.000 Dollar is a little bit too much,.... a little bit.....

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/medieval-madness-prototyp-nr-1-von-williams-der-erste-jemals-gebaute-mm-im-zustand-fast-wie-neu.200744/

#105 5 years ago

The clock has been drilled ( I know, common and to help with heat), but still a modification not done by the manufacturer. I only see this as anywhere close to 65k if it’s this one machine. Otherwise, it’s just a TZ that needs updating and TLC.

E170E05D-903E-4077-B760-841FE92A4230 (resized).pngE170E05D-903E-4077-B760-841FE92A4230 (resized).png
#106 5 years ago

I think based on this dudes responses so far he is dead serious about 65k

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I’m waiting for all the TZ owners to chime in and say, “65k is the new market rate”

Nope 65k is just a tad high
$8500 sold !!!!

#108 5 years ago

Historically, there have been a few private sales of prototype "one off" (or extremely low volume) industry coin operated games that exceeded $65K, but NEVER for any title that actually made it into verified full production. This includes accounting for inflation over the years and some very special circumstances.

I keep wondering how long this FS ad will actually run, as now I had to share it just for the humor? Bravo OP, you achieved your marketing goal. I could never trade personal integrity for the extra exposure and get laughed at from the pinball community.

This whole ad with comments is turning into a false Pringles commercial.
"Once you pop, you can't stop." (complete with hidden money stash compartment)
19514_xl (resized).jpg19514_xl (resized).jpg

#109 5 years ago

I will trade you my very nice Avatar Pro I have listed on Craigslist-Shooter lane pic included...……….maybe you should try Craigslist also-as an avenue for your sales tactics-ads are free-

denver.craigslist.org link

#110 5 years ago

im currently abroad on my job, I won't be able to come inspect machine. I will send you money order for 70k. my shipper will pick up on Tuesday and will get my 5k refund from you then.

#111 5 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#112 5 years ago

Has anybody made the joke about how the machine should have sex with them for that price yet?

That’s my favorite!

#113 5 years ago

I understand the historical significance of a prototype version of one of the most popular machines ever made.....BUT......

If I were to show off a $65k purchase, I would much rather show off in a first generation 1996 Acura NSX-T than have a dirty Twilight Zone in my living room...

Then I'd take the extra $5k and buy a dirty Twilight Zone.

#114 5 years ago

I wonder if this seller is the one that bought this from Ted, back in the early '00s.

When Ted had a few of us beta-testing 9.4H, at the end of it, he offered his prototype up for sale. I offered - back then, $6k. Was a lot, but... wanted it.
Ted told me someone else offered more. Never knew who it was, never heard of the game again.

For those interested - it has the prototype playfield, at least -
"Camera" insert is red.
Powerfield score lights are blank.
Not pictured, but likely the "Dead End" insert is red as well.

Not MUCH in difference from a sample game, IMHO. I'd be interested, at maybe 15% of the price listed.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit:
While comments about the PF are correct, Ted has since posted that this is **not** his game. Just to keep stuff factual.

#115 5 years ago

The 600 play baywatch thread had so much more charm with it because it was only 1K overpriced not 60K. This is just a joke and the OP doesn't have a personality like wantdataeast .

I appreciate the good cheap laughs though while I'm at work it certainly helps pass the time.

rick (resized).pngrick (resized).png
#116 5 years ago

I’d say need lots proof it’s #1. Letter from pat himself? Even if it’s true I’d think real number can’t be more than double normal going rate. Lots protos and sample machines seem to fetch around 1k more than normal from my research over the years.
Stay tuned and see what happens I guess. Simpsons quote, After the show Lou, after the show.

#117 5 years ago

lol

Quoted from pin-pimp:

I’d say need lots proof it’s #1. Simpsons quote, After the show Lou, after the show.

Huh?

#118 5 years ago

If you dropped a zero off the end of your price you would probably get a few people saying this.....

Shut up and take my money (resized).jpgShut up and take my money (resized).jpg

#119 5 years ago

Face palm

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has anybody made the joke about how the machine should have sex with them for that price yet?
That’s my favorite!

For this price we’re already married with two kids.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

The rubbers were replaced on this machine 5 years ago. The playfield is not dirty. NONE of the lamps are non functioning.

Dude, so you have Ted Estes machine. You have a rare machine, but NOT a $65K machine. You paid $8500 for it years ago. Get serious and put a $25K price on it. Then be happy as a pig in sh*t when you get $16-20K for it. Don't come here with the I just want to sell my machine sap story when you have something ridiculously, no, make that grossly overpriced.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I will take the Wizard of Oz!

One Ted Estes game for another? Was the WOZ his also?

#123 5 years ago
5a37114691070 (resized).jpeg5a37114691070 (resized).jpeg
#124 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I understand credit dots. I thought the post was inferring the DMD was damaged. I had just turned the machine on for a quick game, and had set it on freeplay in the menu settings. I had not adjusted the clock, or set up the menus. I keep the machine with the memory batteries removed, so that they do not corrode and damage the circuitry.

Or you could I don't know, install a remote battery?

#125 5 years ago

I have an extremely rare Walking dead LE. It is number 267. It’s the only numbered 267 on the planet. I will be listing it for sale soon on Pinside for $60,000.

#126 5 years ago

I looked at the s/n. Looks like it's number 20.
Not #1.

#127 5 years ago

Knew that I should have held on to that Rare X Files Huo and waited for the Market to adjust to $55,000 !

#128 5 years ago
IMG_4247 (resized).JPGIMG_4247 (resized).JPG
#130 5 years ago

To complement LTG's old website owner listing:
Here is the IPSND TZ full listing (1027 submissions) http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=2684

Game S/N X970000 specific:
http://www.ipsnd.net/details.aspx?id=19393
Jon Farris (OP?) added this game on 9/16/2010 (his only submission).
"Fun House" with the same serial was added on 1/26/2019. (2190 submissions)
Who knows what is going on here?

There could be all sorts of pinball sleuthing regarding this particular game and ownership, if a collector wanted to get serious. Plenty of available reach back to the original designers as well. Any interested parties should be doing this, or paying someone to do it if they are willing to pay $65K for THIS machine!

Maybe there are hidden illuminati signatures to fame and fortune on the playfield by Ted Estes and Pat Lawlor?
Maybe the OP is Jon Farris from INXS, that might even bring some interesting directions for this thread, sort of like "Slash's Guns n' Roses" back in the day?

The possibilities are endless at this point in the thread, but this photo sums it all up.

twilightzone (resized).jpgtwilightzone (resized).jpg
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Sitting on the side of the road usually highlights how imamaculate your pin is[quoted image]

Why did they sit the game in the street and take a photo?

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Street Cred !

#133 5 years ago

For 65k I want the pin and the whole dang factory that built it.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

You’d have to ask wantdataeast about his imamaculate Baywatch. This was his for sale pic. Go check out that thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/62674
0C513562-F848-47EE-9A2A-3B8A13AB37CC (resized).jpeg0C513562-F848-47EE-9A2A-3B8A13AB37CC (resized).jpeg

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

that picture was posted by someone who was neither interested nor serious about the machine in the listing. It has ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE to the machine being offered for sale.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

that picture was posted by someone who was neither interested nor serious about the machine in the listing.

No one is interested or serious about the machine in this listing. Not at that ridiculous price at least.

#137 5 years ago

$65k is a ridiculous price. I mean it is a cool machine but that is crazy. I’m not the price police or anything but I can’t imagine this game will sell anywhere near the asking price

#138 5 years ago

I’ve been entertained for much of the day with this thread. My take is the OP has a rare, but worn game, with some history. He see a bill looming somewhere in the future; kids education/wedding, divorce, balloon payement on loan (use your imagination) and needs cash. He’ll eventually settle for significantly less.

#139 5 years ago

I’d need to see a bulldog before I make any offers.....

#140 5 years ago

LTG,

I just spent an hour going over the case inside and out, the headboard, and underneath, as well as along the edges of the playfield. I did not find a date or a date tag on any of it. I was quite thorough in my search. This conclusion leads me to believe that potentially this machine was not assigned a build date, possibly due to the fact it was the first prototype, and not a production model. If you have any information on where the build date should be located, I will gladly investigate it for you.

#141 5 years ago

Great job pinside mods

Great job on all of this

#142 5 years ago

¥65,000 is a very fair price. You’re all nuts.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’d need to see a bulldog before I make any offers.....

This work? Lol

8681A8B9-F0F6-48DC-8693-E564ED6B36FE (resized).jpeg8681A8B9-F0F6-48DC-8693-E564ED6B36FE (resized).jpeg
#144 5 years ago

See now that would qualify!

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

LTG,
I just spent an hour going over the case inside and out, the headboard, and underneath, as well as along the edges of the playfield. I did not find a date or a date tag on any of it. I was quite thorough in my search. This conclusion leads me to believe that potentially this machine was not assigned a build date, possibly due to the fact it was the first prototype, and not a production model. If you have any information on where the build date should be located, I will gladly investigate it for you.

Honest question, what is on the machine that indicates it is prototype #1?

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Honest question, what is on the machine that indicates it is prototype #1?

I appreciate your sincerity. According to the published data on these machines, this serial number is the first of the 10 serial numbers that are the prototypes.

#147 5 years ago

3rd party international cashiers check cool? You keep some for troubles and send me remainder, my courier is standing by. Please respond.

Lol

#148 5 years ago

In all seriousness, you need a dose of realism coursing through your veins. Cool game, prototype adds only little value. The fact that it is or maybe number one, doesn't really matter. You would be hard pressed to get close to 10K. People are having a laugh because you essentially just wildly invented a price that is pure fantasy and shows no research was done to help you make an informed price. You make yourself look stupid and you disrespect a community.

#149 5 years ago

Gee, you guys are tough! If you're not interested...fine. If it's priced too high, no one will buy it or make a lower offer. The OP has not left the thread, has supplied pictures and comment when asked. Cut a little slack....

#150 5 years ago

I own a TZ and completely agree with price. In fact, he's practically giving it away. TZ is easily a $80,000 game - right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 22.50
$ 79.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/3?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.