time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

65000 should get the poster booted from the site if it's not an error... i mean, get outta here with

there will never be another FIRST of this machine on the market again.

Agreed.
I have the very first Whirlwind here in the shop right now It is in much better condition than the TZ pics put up.
They are cool pieces but the OP is way off the mark on what these games bring.

#52 5 years ago

I agree, maybe $12,500-$15,000 but if the Op would get HEP to restore it then who knows still never get close to $65,000

#53 5 years ago

I’m changing my “for sale” ad to $80,000 to attract this kind of attention

#54 5 years ago

Nice machine but hard to justify the price when that would buy 2 or 3 Beatles pins.

#55 5 years ago

Oh boy, this thread is going to go south fast!

#56 5 years ago

What’s the dot after free play on the dmd? “Free play.”

#57 5 years ago

PM sent.

#58 5 years ago

I could have a very nice game room built for $65K. Think I’ll pass.

#59 5 years ago

Ok my beautiful original is now 4 sale
$8500 firm ! Color dmd, LEDs , chrome trim

#60 5 years ago

Now, Op did say OBO and not $65,000 firm so let see how much wiggle room is in that $65k!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What’s the dot after free play on the dmd? “Free play.”

#62 5 years ago

Cool.. punctuation, and not a credit dot. Must be a prototype thing.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

that dot is a period. game over gets one as well.

#64 5 years ago

That was a joke at your expense fns9l. It’s a credit dot

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

PM sent.</blockquoI

That was a joke at your expense fns9l. It’s a credit dot

I understand credit dots. I thought the post was inferring the DMD was damaged. I had just turned the machine on for a quick game, and had set it on freeplay in the menu settings. I had not adjusted the clock, or set up the menus. I keep the machine with the memory batteries removed, so that they do not corrode and damage the circuitry.

#67 5 years ago

I did not receive your pm

#68 5 years ago

Clearly OP is trying to make another stamp onto pinball history.

I am NOW officially taking all reasonable offers on my TZ, bought NIB in 1994, #S/N 53320-263221. Good times are ahead, but I have reached an apex end in this hobby for me. Simple version, time to cash out.

Addendum: ALL original factory documentation, manuals, schematics, warranty cards, and distributor sales receipt are included with my game. This easily constitutes a $55K value, and I will throw in the game for FREE!

tumblr_m66vy9pool1qz6f4bo1_500.pngtumblr_m66vy9pool1qz6f4bo1_500.png

#69 5 years ago

OP, what I think you are finding out is that unlike some other collectibles, being the first of any pinball machine doesn’t really add much additional value. TZ is certainly not rare and high prices go to pristine quality not number of the machine. I wish you luck in your sale though.

#70 5 years ago

I’m waiting for all the TZ owners to chime in and say, “65k is the new market rate”

#71 5 years ago

This is the exact reason why new members shouldn't be allowed to post for sale ads on the day they join Pinside. I previously suggested that there be a waiting period of 6 months and 100 meaningful posts.

#72 5 years ago

I’d there any chance at all this for sale thread destroys the 600 play thread?

#73 5 years ago

I told my wife the details of this FS post. (She doesn't know a whole lot about pinball other than what I tell her.) And I asked her to guess what the OP's asking price was for the machine I described, she says "30 thousand" I laughed, then I told her the real price and then she had a good laugh as well.

#74 5 years ago

At least the OP is responding to people. Posts like this usually don't have that. Still, the price is almost insultingly high!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

This is the exact reason why new members shouldn't be allowed to post for sale ads on the day they join Pinside. I previously suggested that there be a waiting period of 6 months and 100 meaningful posts.

It’s the perfect solution, BUT may cause Pinside from collecting the sales fees from the rare one that isn’t a spam post... so they’re going to allow this shit to continue because $$$ > integrity.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I’d there any chance at all this for sale thread destroys the 600 play thread?

No. There’s no aliens and no magic dirt for sale. Just an overpriced pinball machine.
C6BA089A-6D11-4759-8716-20E7C2CC0EC6 (resized).jpegC6BA089A-6D11-4759-8716-20E7C2CC0EC6 (resized).jpeg

#77 5 years ago

Brilliant marketing. I bet this actually sells for $20K. Good job dude

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

100 meaningful posts.

Only person that would qualify for this would be LTG

#79 5 years ago

OP should be fined $55k for fishing on Pinside without a license.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I could see a collector maybe buying it for $12,000, come on its only a TZ not a King Kong.

Hmm.....I'm willing to listen to $65K offers then.

John

#81 5 years ago

Let's get these out of the way....

100K by Christmas.

Wish I was closer.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I did not receive your pm

I was kidding.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hmm.....I'm willing to listen to $65K offers then.
John

I see you have a King Kong, and no way to that title either, just no pinball is worth anything near this price, well maybe a Beatles lol.

#84 5 years ago

i just want to thank the OP for the opportunity to say "dafuq?!" and a laugh on this day that's gone to crap for me.

Carry on. 100k by xmas. Whoops..one too many zero's. or 2.

#85 5 years ago

God Damn I hope this is a Pinsider just screwing with everyone. I'm really enjoying this whole thread. Keep it coming boys!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I see you have a King Kong, and no way to that title either, just no pinball is worth anything near this price, well maybe a Beatles lol.

Exactly but hey you never know......LOL.

John

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s the perfect solution, BUT may cause Pinside from collecting the sales fees from the rare one that isn’t a spam post... so they’re going to allow this shit to continue because $$$ &gt; integrity.

I was originally going to use ebay to list this machine. However, ebay limits first time sellers to $500. I do not wish to start an ebay career. Nor do I wish to focus my life around only pinball, or a pinball forum. I simply wish to list my machine, for a serious buyer to be able to find. I am not concerned by how many posts, days, or hundreds of hours of time someone has spent on any particular website. I think it is worth noting that when I created this account, I made a notable monetary contribution towards your website. One that helps keep the servers running, and the posts moderated. I do appreciate being able to list my pinball machine for sale here, However, I do not intend to make a career out of posting on this forum, as many have suggested be made mandate before one can sell an item.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I simply wish to list my machine, for a serious buyer

You'll need to list it for a serious price then, not the ridiculously overpriced amount you choose to begin with.

#90 5 years ago

The $500 Ebay sale limit imposed for first time sellers is there for several reasons...think about it.

If the OP still believes this game is worth $65K, the game should be submitted for professional auction. The only additional point I will mention is that the OP will find some of the experts in this community are the same involved with appraisement. The industry and hobby is VERY small.
2s4hke (resized).jpg2s4hke (resized).jpg

#91 5 years ago
I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-random-36981937-500-315 (resized).jpgI-like-where-this-thread-is-going-random-36981937-500-315 (resized).jpg
#92 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

OP less than 1 year on pinside, owns 1 machine. Hmmm...

Less than one year? Click on the link to view the profile and look beyond the generalization

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Less than one year? Click on the link to view the profile and look beyond the generalization

Nope, not clicking on links. Too lazy!

#94 5 years ago

License and registration, please

AF9749F5-889C-490F-B7DC-B60E14198C5F (resized).jpegAF9749F5-889C-490F-B7DC-B60E14198C5F (resized).jpeg
#95 5 years ago

This for sale post has now reminded me of my dad for some reason and the days of trying to get something ridiculously overpriced out of him as a kid. Would go something like this.

Me
“Hey dad there is this really cool pinball machine and it only cost $65000. Can we get it?”

Dad
“65,000 dollars?!! For a f*cking pinball machine?!!!”

Me
“ Yeah But dad it is a Twilight Zone based on the TV show and it is actually the very first Twilight Zone pinball machine ever built. It even has a clock that tells time and a gumball machine that dispenses a special ball”

Dad
“I don’t care if it was the first pinball machine EVER built!For $65000 that clock better be Big Ben and the special ball better be one of Rod Serling nuts! NO!!!

Me
“MOM!”

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Would it kill you to clean it, change the lamps and rubbers? $65k and you can’t spring for $200 in parts?

People in the market for “significant” pieces do not jump into pieces or not based on such things.

The op is trying to reach a set of buyers... to know his piece is available. He’ll get that done no matter what the vocals ones on pinside say. His only mission is making it known the game is for sale.

The vast majority of specialized game sales never see the light of day on pinside. The people that pay these crazy prices on pins do not flaunt it or really acknowledge it in the general public

A serious buyer will reach out privately... and the OP will have served its purpose.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image]

What took you so long ? Someone could have gotten screwed out of a lot of money. Typical cop, late as usual.

#98 5 years ago

[quoted image]

0D71E14C-FF81-4C9C-BEB6-FEEF54E87764 (resized).jpeg0D71E14C-FF81-4C9C-BEB6-FEEF54E87764 (resized).jpeg
#99 5 years ago

The alien shit cracks me up, great job Coz.

#100 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Is it official now, my old BSD is no longer the most outrageous listing of the year, Baywatch 600 plays in third?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/2?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.