time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#853 4 years ago

Has anyone mentioned just how outrageous this price is? I mean, it's absolutely astounding. The OP should be absolutely ashamed of himself for insulting pinsiders this way. I'm speechless.

#854 4 years ago

Personally, I think he has a bet going:
to start a thread that will accumulate
1000 posts.

#855 4 years ago

I think it's an experiment in human mob mentality.

#856 4 years ago

I was thinking about selling my restored TZ in the next few months.... Is this the thread that I need to benchmark for my price point?

#857 4 years ago

I’m not going to read through the entire thread, but I’m sure most will agree that this price is insane. 65k? Rotflmao!

#858 4 years ago

has any one asked if it's just typo? maybe its only 6.5k?

#859 4 years ago

I hear TZ is a great game I hope one day I can afford one.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

has any one asked if it's just typo? maybe its only 6.5k?

I was just thinking that, haha, it would be hilarious.

#862 4 years ago

Ahh.More children have arrived.Must have been away on camp .

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

And you are so innocent yourself? Aren't you just stirring the shit pot more?

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

He's just taking over for the Rooster for a week or so...

#865 4 years ago

If it's wrong to ridicule a game priced FIFTY THOUSAND dollars too high, then I don't want to be right.

#866 4 years ago

I’m not going to read through the 8 posts that just came after my last one (9 posts ago), but has anyone determined if this is a joke or not?

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m not going to read through the 8 posts that just came after my last one (9 posts ago), but has anyone determined if this is a joke or not?

The seller is serious.
And it is a joke.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Actually no.If you had taken the time to read past posts you would be up to speed.As previously posted if you cannot afford or want to buy this machine fine move on.I don't think people realise that just because there is freedom of speech,there is no freedom of character assassination.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Actually no.If you had taken the time to read past posts you would be up to speed.As previously posted if you cannot afford or want to buy this machine fine move on.I don't think people realise that just because there is freedom of speech,there is no freedom of character assassination.

My brain hurts.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

As previously posted if you cannot afford or want to buy this machine fine move on.I don't think people realise that just because there is freedom of speech,there is no freedom of character assassination.

this is the only win they can get in their dull daily lives,making wiseacre comments and getting likes/upvotes

y.jpgy.jpg
#872 4 years ago

Oh look, the white knights Are so valiantly riding in, clutching their pearls while defending the poorly treated seller.....pfft, give me a break.

The seller has listed a pin at an out of this galaxy price, and is getting the mockery he deserves. When I have been new in different hobbies, I’ve always appreciated “price police”, because they inform some of the uninformed if an item is priced too high. In the same regard, if there is price complaints but it’s priced fairly, there is others who have come to defend sellers. Everything balances out in the end.

That’s not whats happening here. This is just silly and foolish, and the seller deserves absolutely every bit of criticism and more. He’s marked it up 5-6 times it’s normal value, and has been untruthful in his statements of how long he has owned it. I’m glad he has been shamed, and I hope it continues. I’m sure the seller appreciates our glorious white knights coming to save the day, but it’s clear to myself and most others that it’s a fools task.

In the end our heroic knights are right, the seller can ask whatever price he wants, and in doing so, deserves absolutely every bit of criticism blasted at him. Just one mans opinion.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

this is the only win they can get in their dull daily lives,making wiseacre comments and getting likes/upvotes[quoted image]

And who are they?People that think before they hang it on others?No wisecracks needed.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Oh look, the white knights Are so valiantly riding in, clutching their pearls while defending the poorly treated seller.....pfft, give me a break.
The seller has listed a pin at an out of this galaxy price, and is getting the mockery he deserves. When I have been new in different hobbies, I’ve always appreciated “price police”, because they inform some of the uninformed if an item is priced too high. In the same regard, if there is price complaints but it’s priced fairly, there is others who have come to defend sellers. Everything balances out in the end.
That’s not whats happening here. This is just silly and foolish, and the seller deserves absolutely every bit of criticism and more. He’s marked it up 5-6 times it’s normal value, and has been untruthful in his statements of how long he has owned it. I’m glad he has been shamed, and I hope it continues. I’m sure the seller appreciates our glorious white knights coming to save the day, but it’s clear to myself and most others that it’s a fools task.
In the end our heroic knights are right, the seller can ask whatever price he wants, and in doing so, deserves absolutely every bit of criticism blasted at him. Just one mans opinion.

Your opinion is fine and everyone is a critic.So would you buy a pinball knowing the price was half its true value?Just a question.yours the white knight.

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Your opinion is fine and everyone is a critic.So would you buy a pinball knowing the price was half its true value?Just a question.yours the white knight.

Everyone, including you, is looking for a good deal. Bad deals are different. If you want to be a white night, you should warn others that this guy is trying to rip somebody off. Get out your megaphone.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Everyone, including you, is looking for a good deal. Bad deals are different. If you want to be a white night, you should warn others that this guy is trying to rip somebody off. Get out your megaphone.

Good deals/bad deals depends which side you are on I guess.You see buying a machine for half its true value as a good deal .But this seller is a bad deal guy because he is asking a higher price than the market?Think you are both on the same side of the fence.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

this one time at band camp i heard there was a tz going for 65k..... We all laughed

#878 4 years ago

Bump!

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Good deals/bad deals depends which side you are on I guess.You see buying a machine for half its true value as a good deal .But this seller is a bad deal guy because he is asking a higher price than the market?Think you are both on the same side of the fence.

I enjoy your selective logic. "Half it's true value" is a good deal, yet "higher price" equates to a bad deal guy. I'll help you out here.

The unmanipulated argument is as follows: half of market value is a deal almost everyone would go for. The seller is either ignorant or desperate, each of which deserves sympathy, but again, most would exploit the situation to some degree. Selling an item for 6-8 times market value (not just "higher") to a well-informed sector of the market will naturally be met with outrage. This will happen in 100% of similar situations, hence my confusion at your incessant attempts at refuting. Lastly, if you want to equate, you must use equal measures. Imagine if the guy was selling this for 1/6 of market price? Most of us, hopefully you too, would be critical of the sale, telling him he is giving it away, and we would be justified in doing so.

So with the use of sound logic, you are correct: it goes both ways.

#880 4 years ago

My god, this thread is still going?

#881 4 years ago

I cant believe this forum has so many posts. It has to be some sort of record.

#882 4 years ago

What I am trying to determine is what is the logic of the OP’s ad? Is he trying to sell it and make a small fortune against what little he paid for it, or is he trying to make up for the initial mistake of purchasing it not knowing its true value, having accepted the price the original owner quoted him, which was astronomical, and now, in order to recoup his outlay, he has to post this train wreck of an ad in attempt to make himself whole again... because that is the ONLY scenario that makes sense here. I mean, I get it, it is more rare than your average run of the mill TZ, but approaching a 10X multiplier on the reasonable value of a fairly nice TZ is in no way justifiable unless you can find that one buyer who would crawl trough a mile of broken glass, then swim through a festering cesspool of shit and diarrhea just to sniff the tire tracks of the garbage truck that hauled away the ziplock baggy that once held Pat Lawlors dirty undies...

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I cant believe this forum has so many posts. It has to be some sort of record.

what? did you think it would be sold already? I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#884 4 years ago

This guy joined pinside about the same time o-din left. I think o-din left because of a dispute about a ad that he posted in the marketplace.

Could this be the ghost of o-din playing one of his pranks? Hmm.......

#885 4 years ago

There are so many ejections in this thread it's beginning to resemble a baseball game!

"Boom!"

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#886 4 years ago

YER Outta Here!#!#!
Yep, you're right Hue

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.