time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 5 years ago

Did someone say “Price Police”?

D510A5E4-A683-4FB7-A428-73594942DAD5 (resized).jpegD510A5E4-A683-4FB7-A428-73594942DAD5 (resized).jpeg

#802 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Did someone say “Price Police”?
[quoted image]

Your schtick is incredibly lame:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype?tu=blitzburgh99

#803 5 years ago

So is this thread....I’m glad to know I have someone in KCMO who follows me so closely. Haha!

49F658A8-A01A-43E8-BF14-1F83C8C90B07 (resized).png49F658A8-A01A-43E8-BF14-1F83C8C90B07 (resized).png
#804 4 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Ive had it for decades.

And I’ve got a Data East Simpsons that just wont move either. Ahh well, at least it looks cool next to TSPP. Gathering dust

#805 4 years ago

Bump for great seller.

#806 4 years ago

I’m not going to go through 12 pages... but if it hasn’t been mentioned this was probably Ted Estes game. He had a bunch of first prototypes since he coded the game. Safe cracker was another. He also had the very last swe1 off the assembly line sides by the workers on the bottom of the game

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I’m not going to go through 12 pages... but if it hasn’t been mentioned this was probably Ted Estes game. He had a bunch of first prototypes since he coded the game. Safe cracker was another. He also had the very last swe1 off the assembly line sides by the workers on the bottom of the game

I already brought that up on the first page.

Ted later replied it was not his.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Gryzzz iz the one getting bent out of shape. So Im a lapdog because I am capitalist and don't care what this guy prices his game at. I suggest he not try to be the top cop of the pinside price police. Some people just feel they need to tell others how to live.

I generally agree, but only to a certain extent. If you ask a realtor to sell your house for 10x it's value, he'll tell you to go have sex with your hat. Why? You would be insulting his intelligence and every person in the market's intelligence. This inflated price should be reserved for eBay, where bs is expected. Otherwise, the op should be ready for a serious flaming. It's so ridiculous that it must be trolling. Seems to be working well.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I generally agree, but only to a certain extent. If you ask a realtor to sell your house for 10x it's value, he'll tell you to go have sex with your hat. Why? You would be insulting his intelligence and every person in the market's intelligence. This inflated price should be reserved for eBay, where bs is expected. Otherwise, the op should be ready for a serious flaming. It's so ridiculous that it must be trolling. Seems to be working well.

There is a vast difference between serious flaming as you put it and the crap he spouted.Also so no pinball machine has ever sold for this price or more????????Seems to me that one can name a price and let the market decide.No one is being forced to buy it on here.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

And I’ve got a Data East Simpsons that just wont move either. Ahh well, at least it looks cool next to TSPP. Gathering dust

I’ll buy it right now for the right price...you can have some dust free space.

Maybe if the OP drops the price $5k he/she would have some takers.

#811 4 years ago

What's your best price?? LOL

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Mr. Estes already publicly confirmed this was not his personal machine. His game S/N was X970004.

According to records, this individual game is part of the first 12-15 series prototype sample games made off the the original concept design examples which did not have standard S/N designation.

Basically, what I am trying to reiterate to the public, this is NOT "the first TZ ever made" or owned by a designer/programmer, which was originally suggested in the past in order to increase its value. Understanding game title development history has relevance.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

He is not looking for a broker/realtor, this is a one on one transaction. Also, said broker/realtor could turn down the client as a waste of time for being so overpriced.

And yes I even talked to the mods privately about the roasting and they pointed out that he allowed discussion when he placed the ad, which I think is dumb, but anyway that was his choice. I just dont understand why anyone is getting worked up over it, is all. Hell, maybe he doesnt want to actually sell it, but told the ol lady he would try.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Also, said broker/realtor could turn down the client as a waste of time for being so overpriced.

Pinside is acting as the broker then!

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Pinside is acting as the broker then!

Lol. So they get a cut? If so, or if they are the broker, then they must not disagree with the price.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. So they get a cut? If so, or if they are the broker, then they must not disagree with the price.

What are you really defending here? Seriously? I get it's a free country, a free market, capitalism, all that. Hell, throw in some freedom of speech too. But some random dude comes on to a pinball group, that he had to sign up for, and is trying to sell something that is priced anywhere from 3x to 6x it's actual value. On top of that, didn't even have a clue as to what machine he really has, or the differences that make up his so called $60K evaluation. Then has conflicting stories about how long he has actually had it or how he got it. I agree, capitalism sure is king, but ignorance is not bliss when you try and sell something to a group of people who know better. Why do you think one of the most popular threads on Pinside with longevity is Craigslist Laughs?

Not only that, YOU decide to go crying as captain savior to the mods and you keep on complaining because do not like the response you got(you have made that point at least twice). Suck it up man, there is better things to campaign for. You can't be Morton's Steakhouse and try to sell your customers a $9.99 lb Choice T-bone as a $59.99 Prime Porterhouse, a steak connoisseur knows better. The seller is looking for someone who loves steak, but doesn't know the difference between a Sirloin and a Waygu Filet Mignon.

I said it before and I will say it again, he can take his $60K price tag to eBay or Craigslist and see how far he gets. It would most likely end up on Craigslist Laughs anyway.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What are you really defending here? Seriously? I get it's a free country, a free market, capitalism, all that. Hell, throw in some freedom of speech too. But some random dude comes on to a pinball group, that he had to sign up for, and is trying to sell something that is priced anywhere from 3x to 6x it's actual value. On top of that, didn't even have a clue as to what machine he really has, or the differences that make up his so called $60K evaluation. Then has conflicting stories about how long he has actually had it or how he got it. I agree, capitalism sure is king, but ignorance is not bliss when you try and sell something to a group of people who know better. Why do you think one of the most popular threads on Pinside with longevity is Craigslist Laughs?
Not only that, YOU decide to go crying as captain savior to the mods and you keep on complaining because do not like the response you got(you have made that point at least twice). Suck it up man, there is better things to campaign for. You can't be Morton's Steakhouse and try to sell your customers a $9.99 lb Choice T-bone as a $59.99 Prime Porterhouse, a steak connoisseur knows better. The seller is looking for someone who loves steak, but doesn't know the difference between a Sirloin and a Waygu Filet Mignon.
I said it before and I will say it again, he can take his $60K price tag to eBay or Craigslist and see how far he gets. It would most likely end up on Craigslist Laughs anyway.

No kidding. I couldn’t agree with this quoted post more!! I really do not get what Roostking is trying to defend either. I’ve sold a ton of games and list every single one of them as a forum topic for discussion. I never have any backlash from pinsiders about pricing or condition. It does seem pretty babyish of you to go to the mods about it. This guy lists a pin for a ridiculous amount and then gets called out on. He has no intelligent responses to the people that called his bull on it. xTheBlackKnightx even shows that it wasn’t truly the number one TZ anyway and if you’ve read this site for long you would quickly be able to tell that he is incredibly knowledgeable regarding those things. It’s a dumb price for a valuable, but not $65K valuable, machine

Moral of the story.... if you don’t want to be made fun of, don’t do stupid things

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

No kidding. I couldn’t agree with this quoted post more!! I really do not get what roostking is trying to defend either. I’ve sold a ton of games and list every single one of them as a forum topic for discussion. I never have any backlash from pinsiders about pricing or condition. It does seem pretty babyish of you to go to the mods about it. This guy lists a pin for a ridiculous amount and then gets called out on. He has no intelligent responses to the people that called his bull on it. xtheblackknightx even shows that it wasn’t truly the number one TZ anyway and if you’ve read this site for long you would quickly be able to tell that he is incredibly knowledgeable regarding those things. It’s a dumb price for a valuable, but not $65K valuable, machine
Moral of the story.... if you don’t want to be made fun of, don’t do stupid things

I'm defending his right to price his property as he sees fit. Never thought it would be such a difficult concept to grasp, but here we are. And people getting bent out of shape and calling people names is just the icing on the cake. What I don't understand is why you guys care so much? The world has enough hall monitors already.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm defending his right to price his property as he sees fit. Never thought it would be such a difficult concept to grasp, but here we are. And people getting bent out of shape and calling people names is just the icing on the cake. What I don't understand is why you guys care so much? The world has enough hall monitors already.

I understand that but.... everyone else has the right to call him out on that ridiculous price. So it’s not ok for them to hall monitor his price but it is ok for you to monitor their comments?!?!?! Hmmmmm interesting logic I guess

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm defending his right to price his property as he sees fit.

And we all have the right to tell him that he is out of his tree.

Quoted from Roostking:

What I don't understand is why you guys care so much? The world has enough hall monitors already.

Question get's thrown right back at ya! None of us went to the mods either.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

And we all have the right to tell him that he is out of his tree.

Question get's thrown right back at ya! None of us went to the mods either.

You are right, I did, but it was more about the fact we can trash someone's for sale thread, as I had done it before. I think it is just disrespectful to trash a for sale thread, be it this one, or any other. The mods let me know that the OP allowed it to happen, so I have dropped it. Either way, I would have figured it would be a simple thing to just move on if you weren't interested. I was wrong.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are right, I did, but it was more about the fact we can trash someone's for sale thread, as I had done it before. I think it is just disrespectful to trash a for sale thread, be it this one, or any other. The mods let me know that the OP allowed it to happen, so I have dropped it. Either way, I would have figured it would be a simple thing to just move on if you weren't interested. I was wrong.

I'll throw it back at you: how can you not understand that overpricing something 10X in ANY market will draw criticism from consumers. This would happen in a barter system for the impoverished all the way to Ferrarri sales. What we are doing is normal. You running around and complaining about it is not.

"This bannana is $14."
"You are an outrageous fool!"
"Wait till the bazaar landlord hears what you just said to me! This is free market!!!"

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'll throw it back at you: how can you not understand that overpricing something 10X in ANY market will draw criticism from consumers. This would happen in a barter system for the impoverished all the way to Ferrarri sales. What we are doing is normal. You running around and complaining about it is not.
"This bannana is $14."
"You are an outrageous fool!"
"Wait till the bazaar landlord hears what you just said to me! This is free market!!!"

Well i do fault the OP for allowing discussion, that is his fault. Now, how many times do people have to give their opinions on the price? Apparently over and over, until they get a ban.

And obviously, I can understand when something that is overpriced, as I believe in capitalism. I mean, its still for sale, right? Of course this pin is over priced, given that Black Knight weighed in and knows his shit better than anyone here possibly.

State your opinion and move on if not interested in buying. What a concept!

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

State your opinion and move on

Says the guy with fifteen posts in someone else's FS thread...

#826 4 years ago

Ok, at what point does this ad get removed? Perhaps the Op should donate this pin to the Smithsonian Museum go for the Charity deduction at 65k and see how it flies with the IRS.

Cheers

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Says the guy with fifteen posts in someone else's FS thread...

Yea because I am being personally attacked now. Good to see you can count, how many fingers am I holding up genius?

With that, I'll probably get a ban. So the Paul Blarts of the world, carry on!

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea because I am being personally attacked now. Good to see you can count, how many fingers am I holding up genius?

With that, I'll probably get a ban. So the Paul Blarts of the world, carry on!

OMG, now you are the victim?

And Paul Blarts? You are the one who ran to the mods!!!

I won't call you a closet snowflake, but maybe you should quit wearing your wife's underwear?

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

OMG, now you are the victim?
And Paul Blarts? You are the one who ran to the mods!!!
I won't call you a closet snowflake, but maybe you should quit wearing your wife's underwear?

Lol. Ok, since you have also proven you have no decency or common sense, I'm going to step up, get banned, and tell you that if you ever step to me from behind your KB, ill handle you easy... See ya round, Paul..

#830 4 years ago

Now this thread is FINALLY getting interesting.

#831 4 years ago

C'mon y'all.

#832 4 years ago

Maybe it will devolve so much that so many people get banned, a real transaction can take place, vs. Shit talking, KB hiding commies trying to set a price on something they don't own.

#833 4 years ago

Grow up and get a life

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

Grow up and get a life

Yeah cause I’m the problem here lol. You pop in with your completely worthless insight, supporting a ridiculous for sale ad and then tell me to grow up? I’m just letting you in on a little secret... half the laughs in this thread have come at your expense. But I guess all of the people laughing at you need to grow up and get a life too, just like the people laughing at this ridiculous thread

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Ok, since you have also proven you have no decency or common sense, I'm going to step up, get banned, and tell you that if you ever step to me from behind your KB, ill handle you easy... See ya round, Paul..

#836 4 years ago

Bump

#837 4 years ago

For what? You're just a drama llama? I came back to pinside after years and it's the same dumb shit. Time for another hiatus

#839 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the op's $100k WW for sale thread!

#840 4 years ago

Now now children,go back to your cubbies and think about what you write please.

As far as this thread goes ANYONE should be able to advertise what they want for their machine without the fear of schoolyard bullies harassing them just because they think the asking price is too high.Accept that it is not in YOUR price range and move on.There have been a number of machines sold for much higher prices in fact one sold recently for over 500k as a piece of artwork.That one did not even work!

Democracy people.You may not agree,but do not deny.

#841 4 years ago

Yeah cause I’m the problem here lol. You pop in with your completely worthless insight, supporting a ridiculous for sale ad and then tell me to grow up? I’m just letting you in on a little secret... half the laughs in this thread have come at your expense. But I guess all of the people laughing at you need to grow up and get a life too, just like the people laughing at this ridiculous thread

laughter is the best medicine,and amazing that you know what everyone's thinking
clever fellow

#842 4 years ago

I’m surprised there aren’t more people in here ripping the sellers asking price. Can you imagine if Pinside was nothing but ridiculous overpriced games with threads this long?

Atleast OP is getting his $10 worth in advertising. Pretty decent represent too from a couple others from unknown origins.

Based on the original post and a ratio like 96 thumbs down to two thumbs up, I would guess most agree the price is silly. Most games get scrutinized when they are 1k overpriced on Pinside.

This one is about 52k too high IMO, but I just want my games to play and be in great condition.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I’m surprised there aren’t more people in here ripping the sellers asking price. Can you imagine if Pinside was nothing but ridiculous overpriced games with threads this long?
Atleast OP is getting his $10 worth in advertising. Pretty decent represent too from a couple others from unknown origins.
Based on the original post and a ratio like 96 thumbs down to two thumbs up, I would guess most agree the price is silly. Most games get scrutinized when they are 1k overpriced on Pinside.
This one is about 52k too high IMO, but I just want my games to play and be in great condition.

The only reason this thread is this long is because people like yourself just do not move on.You cannot or do not want to pay the price fine.Why berate someone for their opinion on price???????????

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

laughter is the best medicine,and amazing that you know what everyone's thinking
clever fellow

It’s easy to know what people are thinking when they write it out for you in a thread.

#845 4 years ago

...and cue circus music

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well now, isn't that interesting.

Paul, read this and comprehend what you are about to read. You 100% crossed the line here and I really don't think this is how you want to handle things. Understand completely that my mouth and my fingers do NOT write checks that my ass cannot cash. What I said here in this thread is the EXACT same thing I would say to your or anyone else's face in this situation. I spent 30 years on the ice and never backed down once. So I am sure as hell not going to allow some internet savior with his righteous crusade tell me how I will be handled. Face it, you allowed yourself to lose your cool over the fact that you got called to the floor.

It's over, and I suggest you accept it as that.

#847 4 years ago

Never underestimate the tendency of grown men to act like complete children. Sheesh...

#848 4 years ago

This thread is like a car wreck, I can't stop coming in to look. Then the insanity sets in as I expect to read a different result each time, NAY.

#849 4 years ago

6500 Offer. MSG me. Hey is this thing playable?

#850 4 years ago

There are so many daily ejections in this thread it reminds me of a episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.!"

1Xef.gif1Xef.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 132.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.