time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 5 years ago

It really doesn't matter WHAT price he puts on it. If interested, make an offer.

#702 5 years ago

I would rather buy a HEP than a prototype in this condition.

#703 5 years ago

Wow, I *can* believe this hasn't sold yet.

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Are you from Ottawa IL? Have you ever owned an inflatable clown head?
How about you try offering the machine for a genuinely reasonable asking price?
You are like Cinderella waiting for Prince Charming to come along while living at a lesbian retreat.

It does work out in rare cases

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It really doesn't matter WHAT price he puts on it. If interested, make an offer.

Spot on.

#706 5 years ago

Not to steal the OPs thread, but here’s the perfect TAF! ScottinSGFNY has posted this TAF FS ad

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-located-in-s-glens-falls-ny-12803

#707 5 years ago

Funny looking TAF..

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Funny looking TAF..

It has the TZ mods Installed.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Not steel the OPs thread, but here’s the perfect TAF! scottinsgfny has posted this TAF FS ad
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-located-in-s-glens-falls-ny-12803

Posting an ad for the same game at a lower price is exactly the definition of "Steeling a thread". Now you know and you are welcome for the free class regarding internet sales etiquette.

#710 5 years ago

I have 50 bucks cash burning a hole in my pocket! Take it or leave it! You deliver.

#711 5 years ago

I was going to Bump...but decided not to....

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thank you

Quoted from spfxted:

#713 5 years ago

This is getting old.

#714 5 years ago

Please remember this when you sell your machines.....oh wait THAT'S different isn't it?

hippo crits

#715 5 years ago

Not really, I sold a fully working FireCracker (Bally, 1971) for $300 a month ago, owner loves it.
Project Gorgar complete with a nice backglass and playfield, for $350.
Black Knight for $500 working, above average condition overall but nothing spectacular.
Several other half-dozen games in the B-title range for less than $3000, some for less than $2000, all working.
Some more EM projects for sub $300-400 to the right people that I know were not going to flip them on Craigslist.
That is the only reason I am already dropping below the 60 game range now in the past 6 months.

I already started passing the "flame" onto the next generation of collectors. I am slowly moving on.

Prices of the sales are based on condition, functionality, desirability, and age of the titles as I have for decades.
I never was in the hobby to make money, just ensure I never lose money.

The word is spelled, "hypocrite".

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Please, no more bumps.

#717 5 years ago

If memory serves me correctly, a TZ prototype with red boards was for sale in Georgia or thereabouts in 2002. The game's cabinet was autographed by Pat Lawlor, John Youssi (and perhaps Ted Estes, Larry DeMar and/or others). The asking price was in the $5K range. The game's overall cosmetic condition was somewhat below average.

I recall passing and opting instead to buy a local sample TZ, which was in very nice shape. This sample had the factory-drilled 3rd magnet hole, as expected, and most (or all?) of the prototype features, sans red-colored boards and ramp signs. I was able to later buy the 2 original prototype ramp signs and I installed the 3rd magnet in the factory-drilled hole and added a couple thousand dollars in reversible mods, e.g. fancy etched illuminated apron, working slot machine, Element One rocket, etched lampshade, Invisiglass. . .lots of costly mods.

As I recall, the cabinet art on the protos and samples versus production games was slightly different on the head. Of course, the art on the upper playfield lacked the "flip here" prompt and the main playfield art also had a few color variations. My sample was made in March 1993. As a pricing point of reference, in about 2014, I traded that heavily-modded sample TZ for about $14K in trade value to another experienced collector. I recognize that true protos are valued differently than samples. Nevertheless, this transaction may be a valuation barometer to some limited extent.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Please, no more bumps.

Ok!

#719 5 years ago
1 week later
#720 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is getting old.

Yes. It will soon be 30 years old.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Yes. It will soon be 30 years old.

So let it die already.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So let it die already.

You control your own experience. Drain the topic. Boom, it dies, for you!

#723 5 years ago

GIF MADE.gifGIF MADE.gif

#724 5 years ago

Haha! You win.

E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).pngE80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
#725 5 years ago

Bahahaha! Awesome!

#726 5 years ago

Why hasn't someone who has a full and proper appreciation for pinball history purchased this yet?
Seems like the perfect game for the guys who feel the need to clarify the difference between 'restomod' and a proper, legal, biblical 'restoration'.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Why hasn't someone who has a full and proper appreciation for pinball history purchased this yet?
Seems like the perfect game for the guys who feel the need to clarify the difference between 'restomod' and a proper, legal, biblical 'restoration'.

If I had the means, id buy it, just to piss people off!

#728 5 years ago

Is the goody bag still stapled in place?

Deal breaker, if not.

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So let it die already.

My Apologies.

#730 5 years ago

Still available?

#731 5 years ago

SOLD!

#732 5 years ago

Ya right

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Still available?

Yes

#734 5 years ago

I think this guy isn't getting laid and is just doing this for attention. It's sad.

#735 5 years ago

Not all original. It has a white water sound board in it. Can tell by the picture. 50018 is whitewater's machine number and its written right across the sound board. The tz decal is on an IC.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Not all original. It has a white water sound board in it. Can tell by the picture. 50018 is whitewater's machine number and its written right across the sound board. The tz decal is on an IC.

That's at least -$35k right there.

#738 5 years ago

This thread is a joke

#739 5 years ago

10k by Christmas..

#740 5 years ago

Man oh man... bump

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

That's at least -$35k right there.

Ah but what if it was from a proto whitewater? +60k?

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Ah but what if it was from a proto whitewater? +60k?

Oh, snap!

#743 5 years ago

I want to look away from this thread but FOMO of a classic pinside joke has me continuing to click on it.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I want to look away from this thread but FOMO of a classic pinside joke has me continuing to click on it.

But stop posting! I have!

1 week later
#745 4 years ago

Is this thing on the clearance shelf yet?

#746 4 years ago

I’ve seen a local guy list his pins on CL for the past three years, above market price, with no change. No reason this can’t collect dust too

#747 4 years ago

This thing hasn’t gone away yet?

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

This thing hasn’t gone away yet?

It never will at that price lol
I still think its a joke and the op did it for a laugh! just to stir the pinside pot which he certainly did!

#749 4 years ago

BUMP. GLWTS!!!!

#750 4 years ago

time (resized).jpgtime (resized).jpg

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/15?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.