time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Patina occurs on bronze and copper and gives it a green hue.

That's one definition.

Definition of patina
1a : a usually green film formed naturally on copper and bronze by long exposure or artificially (as by acids) and often valued aesthetically for its color
b : a surface appearance of something grown beautiful especially with age or use
the beautiful patina of this antique table
2 : an appearance or aura that is derived from association, habit, or established character
the criminal has acquired a patina of respectability by his friendship with well-known businessmen
3 : a superficial covering or exterior
The toast was spread with a patina of butter.

#502 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190201-114433_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190201-114433_Chrome (resized).jpg
#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

How did Pittsburgh get slammed in this thread?

Gryszzz got out of the basement for a bit.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The TWIPY award winning pinball podcaster who is banned from Pinside.

Goes by the name of vintage 2 these days!

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Pinside "community" has not impressed this first time poster.

We aren’t impressed with you either.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

oh geez you serious?

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The TWIPY award winning pinball podcaster who is banned from Pinside.
https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

Why is he being glorified on pinside if he was banned from here?

#509 5 years ago

Im actually listening to his podcast right now. Hes unreal. He spends 5 minutes talking about all he knows about pinball apraisals. Talks about Ted posting, then states he knew right away my machine wasnt the first, because Ted's current machine is a number lower than mine, then elaborates that he doesnt even know which digit my machine ends in. He proved in one statement that he did not actually read what I said, and did not actually read what Ted said. Ted stated his machine is 4 digits after mine.

#510 5 years ago

Yeah he's famous for being a... Wow been a long time since I've thought of the word, pinball "poser."

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah he's famous for being a... Wow been a long time since I've thought of the word, pinball "poser."

I agree. To me he sounds really disrespectful to Ted's authority on the subject, by not even acknowledging what Ted said, after making a show out of the fact Ted posted.

#512 5 years ago

The guys a joke. Literally. Hahahhahaha. Pinside can be a really funny place. With all joking aside.,...your price is insane. I do hope you sell it to a collector. When you want to join me in the real world let's get a drink at the bar. YOUR BUYING!

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Why is he being glorified on pinside if he was banned from here?

Love him or hate him, he’s definitely an interesting character. Whether you agree or disagree with him, his podcasts are usually filled with polarizing commentary on what happens on Pinside. He talks so much about pinside since he can’t comment on here. His entire podcast is built around being controversial, but he does manage to have interesting guests

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

but he does manage to have interesting guests

Thanks!

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

but he does manage to have interesting guests

I'm not saying he does not have interesting guests. I'm saying the guys a douchebag. The fact that the community still supports this guy buy listing is beyond me.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I'm not saying he does not have interesting guests. I'm saying the guys a douchebag. The fact that the community still supports this guy buy listing is beyond me.

Disclaimer: This meme is relevant in about 75% of Pinside threads.

artworks_cover (resized).jpgartworks_cover (resized).jpg
#517 5 years ago

Video of the declared S/N TZ in action, uploaded by the stated owner in 2012, "Classicalguitarist22". Young individual looked to be from the PA region and worked as a beekeeper. No additional research into person conducted. Game unverifiable based on angle and lack of clarity. This same S/N has been mentioned in other non-pinball forum sources such as it-vision.org. Another potential reference for interested parties. I still recommend reviewing the prototype Ted Estes article for a better comprehensive understanding of all features included in the prototype game, that I listed in my last posting.

#518 5 years ago

I’ll pass on the machine, very interested in the yellow tag with “Twilight Zone” written on it though. Any chance you’d let that go separately? Open to trades for it?

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

... his podcasts are usually filled with polarizing commentary on what happens on Pinside.

So the time we spend on Pinside all day isn't enough by itself?

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

sorry to burst your bubble Columbo but I'm from Australia...

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

I’ll pass on the machine, very interested in the yellow tag with “Twilight Zone” written on it though. Any chance you’d let that go separately? Open to trades for it?

Are you $5,000 interested

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

his post had such vitriol and smugness, very off-putting for newcomers

Have you read the entire thread from all view points?
I have ZERO compassion for a person whom USES an internet community to further only their short term goals. I don't care if it's Facebook, Pinside, or a random forum somewhere. I make it a point of "contributing" to nearly every discussion I participate in... is the human thing to do.

Sorry; but unsolicited, unreasonable priced for sale ads by ANYONE new to a community is just … well... disrespectful borderline fraudulent. I wouldn't interrupt a conversation between friends on the street and offer them anything for sale... much less at a ridiculous price. The OP did the equivalent and well; that kind of rudeness needs to be called out. Simple as that.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I have ZERO compassion for a person whom USES an internet community to further only their short term goals. I don't care if it's Facebook, Pinside, or a random forum somewhere. I make it a point of "contributing" to nearly every discussion I participate in... is the human thing to do.
Sorry; but unsolicited, unreasonable priced for sale ads by ANYONE new to a community is just … well... disrespectful borderline fraudulent. I wouldn't interrupt a conversation between friends on the street and offer them anything for sale... much less at a ridiculous price. The OP did the equivalent and well; that kind of rudeness needs to be called out. Simple as that.

Gee we are getting precious here.If someone wants to pitch a price for their wares be it high/low/whatever/ is it not up to the reader to decide whether to purchase or not.Comments like yours smack of censorship. You do live in a democracy do you not?

#524 5 years ago

I’ve read through through this thread and just want to state that I have absolutely no idea why a number of pinsiders get so angry about someone posting an ad with a high price. Even if the price is spectacularly high, I just have thoughts about it but almost zero emotional response. It’s an ad with a price. And now a very interesting ad for sure - no one can argue with that!

In any case, from a psychological perspective, why are some so angry about this ad? Jealosy? Other reasons?

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I’ve read through through this thread and just want to state that I have absolutely no idea why a number of pinsiders get so angry about someone posting an ad with a high price. Even if the price is spectacularly high, I just have thoughts about it but almost zero emotional response. It’s an ad with a price. And now a very interesting ad for sure - no one can argue with that!
In any case, from a psychological perspective, why are some so angry about this ad? Jealosy? Other reasons?

I think peope don't like seeing other people in there community / hobby ripped off. Plus people hate greed and this price is 90% greed lol

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

My bet is all of the negative comments are posters who don't own a pinball machine.

#527 5 years ago

Ha. These 2 preceding posts sum up both ends of a totally valid range of emotions over this thread. Where you fall reflects how you view Pinside in your life.

At one end is the completely valid position that this is an emotionless sales ad that people are free to consider or reject. It's not greedy just because you offer something for sale at a high price, especially a nonessential, completely discretionary, 1st world man-toy. No-one's getting "ripped off". The sales offer needs a sane and capable buyer to complete the economic event. It's Craigslist, eBay, the stock market, your neighborhood garage sale.

At the other end... this is my house, my community. How dare you come in here as an outsider, with no history, no context, no credibility and toss this outrageous offer over my front gate like a Molotov cocktail. Who do you think you are and what scam are you up to?
Even if you're legit, we've all been talking for months about ridiculously high prices and you show up like only yesterday and try to sell something at the highest price- by double- that anyone has ever seen. That's ballsy, or tone deaf.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

My bet is all of the negative comments are posters who don't own a pinball machine.

Awww OP! You had a very respectful track record right up until this. (Except maybe the price, which is a slap in the face). Apologize and go back to being respectful.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I can tell you most if not all of them/us don’t own a 65000 dollar TZ.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Let’s remedy this then. I own a pinball machine. Your asking price is laughably high. Have a great day.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I'll take that bet. How much are you willing to wager? How about my 65K cash against your TZ pinball machine.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Im actually listening to his podcast right now. Hes unreal. He spends 5 minutes talking about all he knows about pinball apraisals. Talks about Ted posting, then states he knew right away my machine wasnt the first, because Ted's current machine is a number lower than mine, then elaborates that he doesnt even know which digit my machine ends in. He proved in one statement that he did not actually read what I said, and did not actually read what Ted said. Ted stated his machine is 4 digits after mine.

Well we do know yours is not actually the first prototype. The first 2-3 did not have serial numbers as Ted indicated, and had the multi color clock face. More accurate description might be first serialized prototype. To a collector, this detail matters.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I understand where you're coming from on the "you need to be a contributor if you want help from a community" POV. I really do. I agree with it for the most part.

What I don't agree with is "I have ZERO compassion for..."

You don't know the seller's story. You don't know anything about him, really, other than he priced his pinball machine "too high." We've learned he may not know as much about pinball machines as many folks here. We've learned he either thinks his machine is worth way more than it is, or he's simply using an outrageous price to get attention (I'm pretty sure it's the latter, and I'm really sure it worked).

What I know is that it's entirely possible there are valid reasons for his price (even if the price isn't realistic). It's entirely possible he could become a valuable member of the community. It's definitely true that there's simply no reason to be mad at someone who only finds pinside because they are looking to sell a pinball machine and their first post is the advertisement for that sale. In fact, I'd bet there are plenty of people who made their first post that way and became valuable members of the community. Yet because you're put off by this person's first post and because you have "ZERO compassion", you're writing this guy off completely. And you aren't alone. Many people have done it.

Sure, some of the responses the OP has made have been a tad inflammatory. That's in line with my guess that he threw the outrageous price out there just to get a reaction. And he's sitting around laughing at most of these posts. He's got thick skin, or you guys would have run him off already for sure. I applaud that.

But what I *know* is that this place is full of keyboard commandos who would NEVER say the kind of stuff in person that they post here. If you're walking through a flea-market and you see this game with a $65k price tag, almost every negative poster here would simply take a quick pic and post it here to make fun of online. None of you who are being jerks would walk up to the seller and start spewing the stuff you've posted here. Sure, a few might ask "hey, is that the real price or a mistake..." with a much nicer tone. I'd wager pretty much none of you would just go laugh in the seller's face and call him names in real life.

This is why there are a lot of folks who are actually put off by this "community" and DON'T post here or pay much attention. Sure, you'll cry "their loss" and whatnot and that's fine. You're entitled to say that. But it's really your loss.

--Donnie

#534 5 years ago

The more this discussion goes on about this TZ the less it seems to be worth, i would take the best offer you have received and sell it now.

#535 5 years ago

This thread has been awesome - man a lot of you guys are funny fkrs. This fills some of my void and heals some of my sadness of the BW thread no longer here. In addition - TZ is my favorite game and mine has been out of commission for a while and I had a scratched up glass from the day I bought it. Today it goes back into commission with new glass so I am all fired up to play it and the first game I play will be dedicated to this thread.

Oh..............GLWS OP - wish I didn't already have one........................

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I can tell you most if not all of us don’t own a 65000 dollar TZ.

OP included.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Ha. These 2 preceding posts sum up both ends of a totally valid range of emotions over this thread. Where you fall reflects how you view Pinside in your life.
At one end is the completely valid position that this is an emotionless sales ad that people are free to consider or reject. It's not greedy just because you offer something for sale at a high price, especially a nonessential, completely discretionary, 1st world man-toy. No-one's getting "ripped off". The sales offer needs a sane and capable buyer to complete the economic event. It's Craigslist, eBay, the stock market, your neighborhood garage sale.
At the other end... this is my house, my community. How dare you come in here as an outsider, with no history, no context, no credibility and toss this outrageous offer over my front gate like a Molotov cocktail. Who do you think you are and what scam are you up to?
Even if you're legit, we've all been talking for months about ridiculously high prices and you show up like only yesterday and try to sell something at the highest price- by double- that anyone has ever seen. That's ballsy, or tone deaf.

Thanks for your post. I hadn’t thought about the second ‘my house’ view.

Seriously though, I’m sure most of you would agree, the chance of a newb being scammed by buying this particular machine is almost zero so this can’t be a reason.

#538 5 years ago
47580A32-7A3F-4711-B405-B501D47B89C8 (resized).jpeg47580A32-7A3F-4711-B405-B501D47B89C8 (resized).jpeg
#539 5 years ago

Thrilled to see my Baywatch legacy continues in infamy.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

It sure does have legs!

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

I understand where you're coming from on the "you need to be a contributor if you want help from a community" POV. I really do. I agree with it for the most part.

What I don't agree with is "I have ZERO compassion for..."

You don't know the seller's story. You don't know anything about him, really, other than he priced his pinball machine "too high." We've learned he may not know as much about pinball machines as many folks here. We've learned he either thinks his machine is worth way more than it is, or he's simply using an outrageous price to get attention (I'm pretty sure it's the latter, and I'm really sure it worked).

What I know is that it's entirely possible there are valid reasons for his price (even if the price isn't realistic). It's entirely possible he could become a valuable member of the community. It's definitely true that there's simply no reason to be mad at someone who only finds pinside because they are looking to sell a pinball machine and their first post is the advertisement for that sale. In fact, I'd bet there are plenty of people who made their first post that way and became valuable members of the community. Yet because you're put off by this person's first post and because you have "ZERO compassion", you're writing this guy off completely. And you aren't alone. Many people have done it.

Sure, some of the responses the OP has made have been a tad inflammatory. That's in line with my guess that he threw the outrageous price out there just to get a reaction. And he's sitting around laughing at most of these posts. He's got thick skin, or you guys would have run him off already for sure. I applaud that.

But what I *know* is that this place is full of keyboard commandos who would NEVER say the kind of stuff in person that they post here. If you're walking through a flea-market and you see this game with a $65k price tag, almost every negative poster here would simply take a quick pic and post it here to make fun of online. None of you who are being jerks would walk up to the seller and start spewing the stuff you've posted here. Sure, a few might ask "hey, is that the real price or a mistake..." with a much nicer tone. I'd wager pretty much none of you would just go laugh in the seller's face and call him names in real life.

This is why there are a lot of folks who are actually put off by this "community" and DON'T post here or pay much attention. Sure, you'll cry "their loss" and whatnot and that's fine. You're entitled to say that. But it's really your loss.

--Donnie

Yes! A bunch of people bitching, yet they're all still here. If you're not interested in the machine, the person or the story...move on. You MUST have something better to do....

#542 5 years ago

what's a podcast and what does Pittsburgh smell like?

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

wantdataeast - we have missed your presence. Did you sell your Baywatch?

#544 5 years ago

Hilarious how people get so offended on here about pricing, particularly on higher priced items. This OP and others are free to price things however they want, and you are free to agree or disagree. But people that aren't even a buyer should not get so up into arms. It's not like the OP crapped on your grandma's grave and called her ugly. Don't take it so personally, especially when you are just railbirding things.

#546 5 years ago

YES!!
Check out the Pinside link to get a preview of Vol. 4 Classic Science-Fiction Films!

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

what does Pittsburgh smell like?

https://smellpgh.org/

DEE3BAC3-782F-4A99-BAE6-1261D5B86A00 (resized).jpegDEE3BAC3-782F-4A99-BAE6-1261D5B86A00 (resized).jpeg
#548 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You MUST have something better to do....

Nah probably not....

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It sure does have legs!

Man I love your Avatar!

#550 5 years ago

When it comes to the Philosophy of "your cup being half full or half empty" I am in the "Half Full" group. I believe you make your own fortune. I truly love the fact that I get to live in a country that is the land of opportunity! There are lots of opportunities out there it is up to you to take advantage of them. I also believe that something is only worth what someone is willing pay for it. (Let the Buyer Beware) If you can get $500 for a paper clip, you should. And the US is the place to do just that. Aim High! Maybe this guy is a Snake Oil Salesman. Maybe he is an opportunist. Maybe he is victim. You just don't know. And your probably aren't going to know. I have learned a lot about Pinside people from this thread. Thanks Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/11?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.