time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 5 years ago

sellers favourate door panel must be " greed"

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...That's a weird post to make on the topic. Sounds like something the person whom actually made that post would say!

Hmmmm... sounds like something the ACTUAL OP would say to throw the trail off them!

#453 5 years ago

Dude, I don't know cause I just got here, but in the last nine pages has anybody mentioned that this thing is ridiculously overpriced?

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

the last nine pages has anybody mentioned that this thing is ridiculously overpriced

nope.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

I may be removing this sale thread soon.

So.... your taking the $9,000 offer and pulling it so not to make the pinside donation?

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

You think he wasted using a time machine to post that?

Well, if he does have a time machine then he has all the time in the world to make that post. He might not even have done it yet!

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

sellers favourate door panel must be " greed"

Clock Chaos

#458 5 years ago

#459 5 years ago

Okay “misfit”...any relevance or just looking for attention???

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

?

#461 5 years ago

Think he's calling out Gryszzz

#462 5 years ago

Another couple of very good reposted articles for interested buyers or enthusiasts to peruse regarding the features (prototype and production) of Twilight Zone. Authored by Ted Estes. These will help in signifying the direct period of production of this particular game within the title history. Trust, but verify...

https://gameroomblog.com/features/romancing-the-zone
https://gameroomblog.com/features/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/915948-twilight-zone/trivia

#463 5 years ago

beautiful collector machine

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

for interested buyers

@ 65k there’s non of those

#465 5 years ago

So, it cost $200, and now $65000.

That is a 32500% increase!

Pinflation at it's finest

#466 5 years ago

Activity has taken a nose dive on this thread.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Another couple of very good reposted articles for interested buyers or enthusiasts to peruse regarding the features (prototype and production) of Twilight Zone. Authored by Ted Estes. These will help in signifying the direct period of production of this particular game within the title history.
https://gameroomblog.com/features/romancing-the-zone
https://gameroomblog.com/features/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production[quoted image]

Thanks. Really interesting!

#468 5 years ago

I'd buy if you were closer....

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'd buy if you were closer....

For that kind of money he should
personally deliver it worldwide AND
show up in a tux with white gloves on!#!

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Activity has taken a nose dive on this thread.

Yes, hopefully the insulting and stupid comments will calm down....

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, hopefully the insulting and stupid comments will calm down....

Pinside "community" has not impressed this first time poster.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

It's definitely more of an acquired taste. That sometimes requires an alcohol chaser.

But you've done quite an admirable job both standing your ground and stirring the pot, so I'd say you'll fit in fine if you choose to stick around.

--Donnie

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

No worries... The first time poster has not impressed the Pinside "community".

It takes a special kind of person to join a community and the first thing you do is post a forsale ad for a product you don't understand or have reasonable expertise on.
You're a flipper who is attempting to scam someone... ok; strong word. Attempting to negotiate a exorbitant price for a product which you personally believe is worth something.
To make matters worse; you appear flippant about your ignorance and have no desire to educate yourself.

Do us all a favor; remove this forsale ad... and educate yourself in the community.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I'd be mad at the world too if I smelled like Pittsburgh everyday.
Mind yer fuckin business.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Your first post on pinside was a for sale ad for a $65,000 pinball machine. At $50,000 over actual value, what type of response did you expect to receive?

#476 5 years ago

1 of 15 VS 1 of 15,000 it is a no brainer that this machine as with any rare prototype is worth more than a production game with thousands available to collectors, and if anyone believes they are Not worth more money they are delusional. The fact that most punters wouldn't pay a premium is irrelevant because only a very small percentage of collectors are needed to drive the price up on rare collectables as they only appear infrequently.
So if prototypes are less than 0.01 % of all pinball machines out on the market and most are tightly held by the designers and engineers these are extremely rare. Pinball legend Ted Estes posting here is testament to the historic and nostalgic value these have for some, and for others it is just another beater TZ. Having said that a premium will be achieved for this, But a $55,000 premium is definitely a stretch.
Terry.

#477 5 years ago

@gryszzz, misfit, or shall I call you the crimson ghost? You are a 45 year old grown man. Leave your teenage angst and high school behind...you will be a much happier person. There is no need for calling the op names. You don’t even know the man and yet you’ve delivered such pointed words and hate towards him. He has remained unbelievably professional and calm...hats off to him...impressive! Regardless of whether or not you agree with his asking price, he has the right to ask for any amount he wants. Be constructive with your comments...it will go a long way. Looking for attention and to just get a rise out of people is no way to live. Also, try communicating without cussing, if you are able. By the way...I’m quite happy here in Pittsburgh...it’s a wonderful city and has a VERY strong presence in the international pinball community. I’m sure you will be responding with some more f-bombs and personal attacks...it’s all good...feel free...you are insignificant to me and my life. As I’m sure anyone can see, I don’t post much but do when I feel the need to. I just don’t like seeing a new Pinsider get treated the way you have treated him...it does absolutely no good for the pinball community...this is why I spoke up.

-Wayne

#478 5 years ago

Yeah, Gryszzz, you asswipe.
Haha

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from PURPLEBAT:

1 of 15 VS 1 of 15,000 it is a no brainer that this machine as with any rare prototype is worth more than a production game with thousands available to collectors, and if anyone believes they are Not worth more money they are delusional. The fact that most punters wouldn't pay a premium is irrelevant because only a very small percentage of collectors are needed to drive the price up on rare collectables as they only appear infrequently.
So if prototypes are less than 0.01 % of all pinball machines out on the market and most are tightly held by the designers and engineers these are extremely rare. Pinball legend Ted Estes posting here is testament to the historic and nostalgic value these have for some, and for others it is just another beater TZ. Having said that a premium will be achieved for this, But a $55,000 premium is definitely a stretch.
Terry.

Thank you Terry

#480 5 years ago

I agree its definatly worth more than a "normal" one but when item cost $200 SELL 65 K , THAT IS GREED .I don't have pinball machines of that calibre, but I have motorcycles of same importance . most important that new owner can caretake item for future, not getting every last cent . getting every last cent is greed

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It takes a special kind of person to join a community and the first thing you do is post a forsale ad for a product you don't understand or have reasonable expertise on.
You're a flipper who is attempting to scam someone... ok; strong word. Attempting to negotiate a exorbitant price for a product which you personally believe is worth something.
To make matters worse; you appear flippant about your ignorance and have no desire to educate yourself.
Do us all a favor; remove this forsale ad... and educate yourself in the community.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

are you for real or

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

are you for real or

I'm certain he is for real. You and your 4 post count here on pinside... I am not so sure about.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'm certain he is for real. You and your 4 post count here on pinside... I am not so sure about.

his post had such vitriol and smugness, very off-putting for newcomers

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

off-putting for newcomers

Not as off-putting as a sock puppet supporting this nonsense ad. OP has been educated, yet instead of learning and engaging with the helpful, knowledgeable posters s/he maintains their charade. That behavior isn't welcome and it's not beneficial to our community.

#486 5 years ago

Has it sold yet? $6,500 is a bit high with the wear and tear but mayb...wait a minute $65,000! LOL

#487 5 years ago

Congratulations you're a star. Kaneda's podcast devoted a whole episode to talking about your ad!

#488 5 years ago

Nightmare at $65,000......
E879A513-D265-43B5-B333-62FEABBE8915 (resized).jpegE879A513-D265-43B5-B333-62FEABBE8915 (resized).jpeg

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

are you for real or

OP, is that you?

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Congratulations you're a star. Kaneda's podcast devoted a whole episode to talking about your ad!

Who is Kaneda

#491 5 years ago

oh boy, help me out people

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Who is Kaneda

The TWIPY award winning pinball podcaster who is banned from Pinside.

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

#493 5 years ago

Its not a flattering opinion about your ad, to say the least. They go on for a while...

#494 5 years ago

a famous pinball podcaster,google him

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Its not a flattering opinion about your ad, to say the least. They go on for a while...

you might have a collectable, but its not worth anywhere near this amount, especially with the wear on the playfield

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

a famous pinball podcaster

that's not a thing

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

a famous pinball podcaster,google him

This is the only pic I could find of him.....

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#498 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

you might have a collectable, but its not worth anywhere near this amount, especially with the wear on the playfield

it's called patina,like on a million dollar old hemi cuda

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage2:

it's called patina,like on a million dollar old hemi cuda

Patina occurs on bronze and copper and gives it a green hue. There ain't no bronze and copper on a Pinball table except for coils.

Pinball playfields use steel and aluminium. So instead of Patina, its rust.

Plus, oxidization only occurs from metal. So to be accurate, there is rust on the metal rails and chipping on the wooden playfield.

There

Plus, so are SO the OP or their mate haha

#500 5 years ago

How did Pittsburgh get slammed in this thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype/page/10?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.