time (resized).jpg
E80C964D-8118-46D4-A007-4C236BA28060 (resized).png
GIF MADE.gif
60a375016d8f5d0975c69c4233a62dccad4633dd.gif
2uphbe.jpg
32DE70F2-C0F6-40F6-B75F-DB3E629FE499.gif
hqdefault (resized).jpg
E69EFC9F-7A10-4EB4-A070-C841725A05F0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 5 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Twilight Zone X970000 PROTOTYPE

Added: 2019-01-25 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (March 17th, 2019)
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

#2 5 years ago

Did you mean $6,500?

#4 5 years ago

Cool piece of history.

Stupid price.

#5 5 years ago

OP less than 1 year on pinside, owns 1 machine. Hmmm...

#6 5 years ago

Would it kill you to clean it, change the lamps and rubbers? $65k and you can’t spring for $200 in parts?

#7 5 years ago

Really?

#8 5 years ago

I’d say 65 grand warrants atleast 50 HD pics or so. If you’re serious anyway.

As this is your first post I’m guessing scam.

#9 5 years ago

For that price it should be from Rod Serlings private collection. Oh wait, I don’t think that’ll jack up the price that much.

#10 5 years ago

For this price I want to see a pick of the shooter lane.

#11 5 years ago

you would think you would show pictures of the red lamp boards and other things that make is somewhat special

#12 5 years ago

Joins today and tries to go for one of the most expensive sales in Pinside's history.

Original poster, you might want to just take this to eBay. We don't care for your cheap saleman's tactics.

#13 5 years ago

I’m interested in your item that you’re selling. Do you buy chance have more than 1 for sale? My contact is standing buy to make payment and pick up the item you are selling.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Joins today and tries to go for one of the most expensive sales in Pinside's history.
Original poster, you might want to just take this to eBay. We don't care for your cheap saleman's tactics.

Just curious, what is the most expensive sale in Pinside history?

#15 5 years ago

I may be interested in a trade. I could possibly trade an Alien LE, Big Lebowski, Predator, and my Nib Toy Story that was just personally delivered by Jersey Jack. All 4 pins for your prototype, Does that sound like a good trade? Please message if interested

#16 5 years ago

Example # 83949373 why new members shouldn’t be allowed to post FS ads

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

Just curious, what is the most expensive sale in Pinside history?

If this sells, this I'd guess.

I'm sure a KingKong (DE) or BigFoot may have traded hands here, but I definitely am shooting from the hip with that answer.

#18 5 years ago

Now if only it had 600 original plays on it!

#19 5 years ago

65K ??? WTF

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

And no legs.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sitting on the side of the road usually highlights how imamaculate your pin is

D4F0E2A6-78C1-40AE-A62B-067651A78770 (resized).jpegD4F0E2A6-78C1-40AE-A62B-067651A78770 (resized).jpeg
#22 5 years ago

That thing is beat!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

never gets old

#24 5 years ago

Things look correct playfield-wise for an early or possibly prototype...but it is rough. If you want the price of a small house in the Midwest, that game better be cherry, and number 1 prototype. Seller is also suspicious...just by their background...or lack there of. I call shenanigans.

#25 5 years ago

At least it's HUO. Oh wait, no documentation. Could we get pics of the boards and hand written markings?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

does not appear to have had arcade or any public usage.

Have you looked at your own pictures? I see magnet wear, chipped inserts and possible mini-playfield wear.

Good news is your ad will get tons of exposure/thread bumps.. Bad news is, it won't sell here unless you are off by a 0 on your price like others have suggested..

#27 5 years ago

Sixty-five large sounds excessive, but what do I know? If a production example in this condition is worth $6-8K, just what should a prototype fetch? Not an easy question to answer. I s'pose three-times the value wouldn't be unreasonable, but the OP here is sitting at eight-times that value. I would like to see it sold and the buyer and seller both happy, but I sense only a very large compromise on the part of the seller will make that to happen. GLWTS.

#28 5 years ago

How bout i write a check for 75k and you give me 10k cash back and the machine......

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I disagree.

We LOVE these posts here!

#30 5 years ago

I was playing a mates Twilight Zone last night, that has spent most of its life on site, and it is in better condition than this supposed huo machine.

#31 5 years ago

Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Would it kill you to clean it, change the lamps and rubbers? $65k and you can’t spring for $200 in parts?

The rubbers were replaced on this machine 5 years ago. The playfield is not dirty. NONE of the lamps are non functioning.

#33 5 years ago

Fair bit of magnet wear.

Knocking $60000 off

#34 5 years ago

Not to bomb someone else's for sale thread, but I have a sample TZ with all the same extras that I'm willing to let go for half the price. I'll even add in a second game from my collection for free (your choice)

#35 5 years ago

I will take the Wizard of Oz!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

The rubbers were replaced on this machine 5 years ago. The playfield is not dirty. NONE of the lamps are non functioning.

Maybe you have different photos than posted. Rubbers replaced 5 years ago on your ‘65,000’ pin. That thing should be imaculate!

#37 5 years ago

I see it also has the prototype black smoked color subway

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Maybe you have different photos than posted. Rubbers replaced 5 years ago on your ‘65,000’ pin. That thing should be imaculate!

I will gladly do any cleaning or replacing of rubber which a serious buyer asks for. I have not done any cleaning, as I do not want to risk any extra wear or damage to the beautiful artwork. this machine has been played very few times in the last 5 years, and has been stored in a climate control recreation room with no natural light, underneath light proof and dust proof coverings.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Everyone here is giving you constructive criticism for getting the most money from the sale of a machine. I sent you a PM. I’d like a response.

There should be some provenance to this game. What’s the story?

A serial number tag is easy to forge now a days. Show us what else means it’s what you claim. The clock? Magnets?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I may be interested in a trade. I could possibly trade an Alien LE, Big Lebowski, Predator, and my Nib Toy Story that was just personally delivered by Jersey Jack. All 4 pins for your prototype, Does that sound like a good trade? Please message if interested

The Op should jump all over that deal!!!

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Sitting on the side of the road usually highlights how imamaculate your pin is[quoted image]

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you would think you would show pictures of the red lamp boards and other things that make is somewhat special

I am in the process of adding more pictures. I have added some as you have requested. thank you for your interest!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Everyone here is giving you constructive criticism for getting the most money from the sale of a machine. I sent you a PM. I’d like a response.
There should be some provenance to this game. What’s the story?
A serial number tag is easy to forge now a days. Show us what else means it’s what you claim. The clock? Magnets?

Ryan,

I replied to your pm before I even looked at any of the posts on this thread. I will double check that it went through. I am in the process of adding the photos which you requested.

I appreciate your interest,

Jon

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Ryan,
I replied to your pm before I even looked at any of the posts on this thread. I will double check that it went through. I am in the process of adding the photos which you requested.
I appreciate your interest,
Jon

Is the $65,000 list price accurate or a typo?

#44 5 years ago

65000 should get the poster booted from the site if it's not an error... i mean, get outta here with that.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

65000 should get the poster booted from the site if it's not an error... i mean, get outta here with that.

there will never be another FIRST of this machine on the market again.

#46 5 years ago

This post spiced up the forum at least. I am working and have Pinside open to take breaks and not much on today - saw this and the flames and posts and at least it provides some entertainment.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

For 65k it will always be on the market

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from fns9l:

Oh darn it!

#49 5 years ago

Maybe a few years ago, not in today's market

DREAMER (resized).pngDREAMER (resized).png
#50 5 years ago

I could see a collector maybe buying it for $12,000, come on its only a TZ not a King Kong.

There are 886 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-x970000-prototype and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.