Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_1.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,950

for sale

Twilight Zone (near CQ) $5950

Added: November 1st, 2015 Ended: December 13th, 2015

Item description

Description: Near collector condition The game plays perfect and has no errors. Game has been renovated by Pinball-dreams (Germany) Cabinet is re-decalled (of course perfectly).
Playfield is original in superb condition and NO clearcoat (great shine on it)!!!
Ramps, toys and plastics are complete and in great condition (and/or new). Many many new parts, leds and new rubbers installed! Has mirror sides and custom Apron (PinballDecals).
Perfect DMD and boards (all matching serial numbers)!

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/rD7ZGDLxoA1d9cq77

The location is: The Netherlands.

Price?: $5950,-

The game will be professionally palletized and packed (costs are already included in the sale price).

Shipping will be to your door!! (per airplane and truck, between 5 - 14 days depending on your location).

Price: $499,- (all in!!! 1 game).

All in means that no extra (import) costs will applied (regarding additional taxes / duty) for US buyers.

* Extra insurance is possible! (Standard Insurance hold max. $500,- and is already included)?
** The power needs to be converted to US/CAN/AUS standards!!?
*** In some cases an extra "handling fee" will be charged ($35,-), but it is more a lottery than standard.

Enjoy!

If you are interested please send me a PM or an email to DIAMONDPINBALL (at) GMAIL (dot) COM

**** Specify your exact address details (and leave your phone number) for an easy process!

Thank you!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Sittard, NL

Seller insights

These are Pinny80's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinny80's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Well, the good news is that your price is fair. The bad news is that your machine is nowhere near CQ condition. I'd change your title/ad (although for some reason, a Pinside bug won't allow you to).

Either way, it's a beautiful machine, but the standard wear and cabinet dirt keeps it from being CQ. Good luck with the sale!

#3 4 years ago

Thanks but no thanks...!

I disagree on that!!

The cab is in perfect condition!

Not sure what you are referring to as 'nowhere near cq'?!!!!

Game has been fully renovated by pinball-dreams for over €4000 (have the invoice here).
Ofcourse it has been played afterwards, so the white rubbers have some dirt.

But definately nothing to worry about.

If you are not sure about the condition, you'd better ask for more pictures, before flaming....! Thanks!!!

#4 4 years ago

Pinny, we clearly have disagreeing views on what is CQ. I agree with the previous poster. The shooter lane, worn targets, dirty rubber, smudges all over.

This isn't CQ. If a game was truly pristine CQ, then playing it a few times wouldn't get the targets, rubbers, etc... that dirty. Where would the dirt come from over a few plays?

That being said, the photos do detail every aspect of the game better than most for sale posts here, so it's not like you don't know what you're getting. Still a beautiful game, but not CQ.

#5 4 years ago

Very nice condition but the shooter lane small damage to the translight dirty subways etc are not CQ but very close and still very nice. Glws

#6 4 years ago

Look at the left side of the back box. If that is a new decal, it looks like no prep was done before it was applied. Plus, the decals are scuffed etc.

The shooter lane wasn't restored. There are 2 or 3 holes that have wear.

This is a VERY nice game. Call it a 9 out of 10. It's not collector quality. It happens a lot on here, there is someone else describing their TZ as CQ and then he says his cab is a 9 out of 10.

CQ is perfect. Almost no games are CQ, they'd have to be fresh out of HEP or similar. Even a 4 or 5 year old HEP probably isn't CQ.

Keep your price, keep everything, it's not CQ. There are more reasons, but I'm not going to bother.

Quoted from Pinny80:

The cab is in perfect condition!

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for all your inputs!

I still disagree..

Playfield is original, so no touch ups and no clearcoat, but ultra nice, and yes, minor shooterlane wear.
But can you see the shine on this playfield?
This is the original (factory) coating, you will not find this condition playfield fast.

Cab is just perfect! Maybe 1 edge or something may be not 100%, but the proces was done by professionals, so of course using the proper precousions before the decals were applied!
Please check: www.pinball-dreams.com
Or send them an email to ask about their re-decal proces.

Not sure about whats wrong with the targets?! Worn? All new and on the invoice. Ow some minor dirt on them and white rubbers which always tend to get faster dirtier. I think with 1 whipe it will be gone! But have you seen the reflection of the targets on the playfield? Thats nice right?!
Subway was brand new (also in the invoice).

Yes this game has been played for about a year after it was renovated. It was standing in a heated garage and yes there is dirt that came in the cab and went down to the bottom. Also on the playfield and thus on the targets and rubbers.

Does that make it that much less? Making it worth to say its not cq?

In my book a great original 9 (of 10) is still cq.

Never said it was a HEP. Just a nice cq original which has been played now and then.

So to wrap it up:

I have a very nice TZ for sale with original playfield many new parts, all matching serial numbers on the boards, with some extra's installed (mirrors, custom apron) that is near CQ (according to the pro's) about 9 of 10, which need a bit of cleaning to make it perfect

Thanks!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

CQ is perfect.

I don't agree with that. A very nice, original 9/10 machine is more collectible to me than a restored game with new parts on it. I think different people have different ideas on what CQ means.

Make no mistake, you are probably in the majority with your definition.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinny80:

Cab is just perfect! Maybe 1 edge or something may be not 100%, but the proces was done by professionals, so of course using the proper precousions before the decals were applied!

Not to pile on but what is the white at the bottom the cab? It sure looks like the decals weren't trimmed properly.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinny80:

Thanks for all your inputs!
I still disagree..
Playfield is original, so no touch ups and no clearcoat, but ultra nice, and yes, minor shooterlane wear.
But can you see the shine on this playfield?
This is the original (factory) coating, you will not find this condition playfield fast.
Please check: http://www.pinball-dreams.com
Or send them an email to ask about their re-decal proces.
Not sure about whats wrong with the targets?! Worn? All new and on the invoice. Ow some minor dirt on them and white rubbers which always tend to get faster dirtier. I think with 1 whipe it will be gone! But have you seen the reflection of the targets on the playfield? Thats nice right?!
Subway was brand new (also in the invoice).
Yes this game has been played for about a year after it was renovated. It was standing in a heated garage and yes there is dirt that came in the cab and went down to the bottom. Also on the playfield and thus on the targets and rubbers.
Does that make it that much less? Making it worth to say its not cq?
Never said it was a HEP. Just a nice cq original which has been played now and then.
So to wrap it up:
I have a very nice TZ for sale with original playfield many new parts, all matching serial numbers on the boards, with some extra's installed (mirrors, custom apron) that is near CQ (according to the pro's) about 9 of 10, which need a bit of cleaning to make it perfect
Thanks!

Not CQ. Clean original. Market as such. Pinside has little tolerance for Collector Quality terminology being used...and rightly so.

#11 4 years ago

Ah guys give it up. Stevie Wonder can even see this is not "CQ" or anything that nice.

Just the weird cab decals alone make me cringe, I have never seen that type before. Note the odd outer rim of the sunburst.

Probably some weird bootleg decals printed by pinball-dreams.

#12 4 years ago

Licensed original decals that even Stevie Wonder can see....!!!!

Lol

#13 4 years ago

The edges of the cab are sanded. That is what you see on thise sides

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinny80:

The edges of the cab are sanded. That is what you see on thise sides

In your defense, i can see the bottom edges of the cab on of both of my games and neither have been redecaled.

GLWS. I believe several pinsiders have purchased succesfully from pinny80 in the past and i don't recall any negative reviews.

#15 4 years ago

If 9 out of 10 people agree a 9 out of 10 game is not CQ, your wrong. All we have is consensus, and when you sell a game your description is very important. You don't get to disagree and be one of the few to define your own terms and be right about it, it doesn't work that way.

You can't just say something is true because that's what you want to believe. It's insane to think that would actually make something true.

Quoted from davewtf:

Make no mistake, you are probably in the majority with your definition.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

In your defense, i can see the bottom edges of the cab on of both of my games and neither have been redecaled.
GLWS. I believe several pinsiders have purchased succesfully from pinny80 in the past and i don't recall any negative reviews.

Like I said I wasn't trying to pile on. He has had good reviews. The cabinet edge is a plausible explaination. However, if that's the case then the bevel was done poorly. You can see it prominently on the rear third, then it disappears the middle third and is slightly visible the front third. Either way, a relatively fair price and not out of line for what's presented.

#17 4 years ago

Tough crowd man.

In your defense, you don't have a CQ price on this very nice TZ either, so everyone should lighten up!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If 9 out of 10 people agree a 9 out of 10 game is not CQ, your wrong. All we have is consensus, and when you sell a game your description is very important. You don't get to disagree and be one of the few to define your own terms and be right about it, it doesn't work that way.

I disagree again

#19 4 years ago

Not true.

Quoted from Pinny80:

Cab is just perfect!

So it's not CQ then.

Quoted from Pinny80:

minor shooterlane wear.

Your book doesn't mean anything. It's not CQ. Is it also a pinball machine and a packet of taco sauce? That makes as much sense as a 9/10 game being CQ. 9/10 by definition is not CQ.

Quoted from Pinny80:

#21 4 years ago

Moreover the add has been edited to "near CQ" or is that also a too good description of the condition?

#22 4 years ago

let's say you are right and everyone telling you are wrong is just crazy. When you are selling a high dollar item, as a great seller, isn't it better to err on the side of caution and not risking over representing the condition of your game so you have a good honest sale?

Your willingness to over represent your game, even after several people are disagreeing is a red flag to me that makes me wonder what else has been misrepresented.

Quoted from Pinny80:

I disagree again

#23 4 years ago

Jeez, wouldn't it be up to a potential buyer to determine what condition he thinks the pin in is? Why even waste time nitpicking if you're not an interested buyer? What's to gain?

#24 4 years ago

People shouldn't lighten up. When people find a game in which the condition is mis represented in the description, and the seller wants to incorrectly defend it, it's a big deal.

In my opinion, with those crazy decals, this game isn't even a 9/10 let alone CQ. The 9/10 you can argue, not CQ.

At least he finally changed it.

Quoted from RTR:

Tough crowd man.
In your defense, you don't have a CQ price on this very nice TZ either, so everyone should lighten up!

#25 4 years ago

So you're cool with people misrepresenting games, and overstating condition? Why waste the time? It adds to my list of people not to buy from, both the seller and people thinking it's okay.

it's worth the time from every person who've received a game in which they were lied to about the condition of the game. It sucks, it's happened to most of us, and it's absolutely worth doing everything we can here to make sure people are getting the game they are paying for. If the seller won't do that, people should step in on here. People who want to blow smoke and overstate their games should stick to craigslist.

Quoted from PoMC:

Jeez, wouldn't it be up to a potential buyer to determine what condition he thinks the pin in is? Why even waste time nitpicking if you're not an interested buyer? What's to gain?

#26 4 years ago

Lots of US pinsiders seem to shop in the Netherlands....

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You don't get to disagree and be one of the few to define your own terms and be right about it, it doesn't work that way.

I don't get to have my own definition of what's in good enough shape to be collectible as it pertains to my choices? FRICK (edited by mod) you, buddy!

#28 4 years ago

Ha. What are you talking about? CQ is a pinball term that has nothing to do with you or your choices. Just like HUO it can be a little subjective but it has a tangible meaning, and if a game with painted sides is collectible to you, more power to you, but it's not CQ.

This has nothing to do with you, your choices, or your opinions.

Quoted from davewtf:

I don't get to have my own definition of what's in good enough shape to be collectible as it pertains to my choices? Fuck you, buddy!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

People shouldn't lighten up. When people find a game in which the condition is mis represented in the description, and the seller wants to incorrectly defend it, it's a big deal.
In my opinion, with those crazy decals, this game isn't even a 9/10 let alone CQ. The 9/10 you can argue, not CQ.
At least he finally changed it.

Would you post the link to the ratings guide please? That should clear everything up.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Tough crowd man.

I did say that in my initial post (which seems to have ignited a shitstorm). His price is spot on. His definition of CQ is not.

And Davewtf IS entitled to his opinion and it should be respected as much as anybody elses. (But he's wrong.)

#31 4 years ago

You'd have an excellent point.... If this game was even close to CQ.

We have no guide, so we can take terms that have existed forever, that mean something tangible, and then redefine them on the fly in for sale posts in order to overstate the condition of our games? I guess that's your point, and it's not a good one.

Quoted from RTR:

Would you post the link to the ratings guide please? That should clear everything up.

#32 4 years ago

GLWTS Roel!

Sorry to see your FS thread was hijacked...

#33 4 years ago

Write up that guide...seriously. Then everyone can close their pie holes and just link the 100% agreed upon guide. All this and everyone agrees his price is right. lol

#34 4 years ago

This thread traffic can only help. That is one clean machine, a 9 in my book and 'collector enough' for most at a good price. The only glaring thing to me is the shooter lane.

I think people confuse CQ with high restore/refurbs. But only my opinion man.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So you're cool with people misrepresenting games, posting jacked decals as perfect, and overstating condition?
it's worth the time from every person who've received a game in which they were lied to about the condition of the game. It sucks, it's happened to most of us, and it's absolutely worth doing everything we can here to make sure people are getting the game they are paying for. If the seller won't do that, people should step in on here.

Is it like that? ^

I do not care what the exact condition is called by some sort of book!
Maybe it is CQ, maybe it is near CQ, maybe it is just a great conditioned machine!
IMO this game (and I can see it in real life) is a great example and worth its money!
I do have nothing to hide, and have taken many pictures!
As already stated, I agree we disagree, and I am fine by that!

However, what is bothering me is the fact you state that I am misrepresenting and overstating the condition.
Moreover, you even suggest I could be a liar....

WOW!

STOP!!!

We disagree on the term CQ. But does that make me a liar?
And that a lot people are lied about.... And you will do everything to stop that. People should step up!? Red flag???

Well I am not seeing this...I even find this offensive...!

I have sold over xxx machines on Pinside. Yes that is a lot!
I have never received a negative review here, nor on other forum websites in Europe.
Moreover, I can not even do business like that!

What I do know is that a couple of people posting (negative) reactions in this posts are people that have tried to buy games from me several times, but due to their rudeness and/or kick in the nuts offers they never were successful with me.
I guess they just found their opening to bash me. Sad to see that happening.

Still I do not care!

But please, I am in NO way a liar or try to overstate conditions and just take peoples money and leave them with shit.

And for the record! The decals are not jacked...!!!!

Thanks!

#37 4 years ago

Don't let the argument about CQ get to you. Your price is spot on, whether the condition is viewed as CQ or not. That's why I was trying to be fair in my feedback about your ad. Sorry I started anything (although I'm pretty sure it would've started without me).

Since the price police can't get you for your price, they're going after what you're claiming the condition is. Isn't Pinside wonderful?

#38 4 years ago

Now your just trying to create drama. Responding to a post, when I quoted and was responding to someone else, like it was directed at you.

Draining now, good luck!

Quoted from Pinny80:

Is it like that? ^

#39 4 years ago

Pinny is a good dude. Games and reputation prove it. If you disagree just don't buy the game simple as that.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Draining now, good luck!

You should have done this 9 posts ago!

GLWTS Roel!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Write up that guide...seriously. Then everyone can close their pie holes and just link the 100% agreed upon guide. All this and everyone agrees his price is right. lol

Giving it a shot now:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-make-a-pin-condition-rating-system

#42 4 years ago

takes ball, walks home

#43 4 years ago

Nobody is saying you are a bad seller, everyone agrees that you are a good seller. The problem and the confusion was the debate that broke out in addition to your sale, comments were made by me that were not directed at you or your game, or your sale. That was my bad.

I 100% stand by what I said, but much of that did not apply to your sale, or you, or this game in particular.

This is a fine game for a fine price. We do have a disagreement about what CQ is, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is very fairly priced, and Pinny80 is a very fine seller.

Quoted from Pinny80:

Btw: latest feedback was 3 days ago, and can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-1

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody is saying you are a bad seller, everyone agrees that you are a good seller. The problem and the confusion was the debate that broke out in addition to your sale, comments were made by me that were not directed at you or your game, or your sale. That was my bad.
I 100% stand by what I said, but much of that did not apply to your sale, or you, or this game in particular.
This is a fine game for a fine price. We do have a disagreement about what CQ is, but that doesn't change the fact that this game is very fairly priced, and Pinny80 is a very fine seller.

...and now he's draining.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody is saying you are a bad seller, everyone agrees that you are a good seller. The problem and the confusion was the debate that broke out in addition to your sale, comments were made

someone grab a plunger, the drain is stopped up...

#46 4 years ago

^^^^^^
this my friends is why Pinside sucks.

#47 4 years ago

I don't get the people that get bent out of shape over such trivial things that are purely subjective. TZ is a great game and ones in great condition are never cheap, sadly. Glws

#48 4 years ago

I will be in the hunt shortly for a A title and the seller is one guy I would trust to buy from. Bump for a good dude and nice pin at a good price.

#49 4 years ago

So, how much does a collectors quality TZ go for?

#50 4 years ago

i bet the starving kids in Africa consider this collector quality for sure.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside