image9 (resized).jpeg
image8 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpeg
image5 (resized).jpeg
image6 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

Added: 2016-10-30 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (December 13th, 2016) • Ended: December 30th, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 11,999 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for sale is an excellent condition Twilight Zone pinball machine. I've owned a few of these and only had two make two switch adjustments on this. It's a home use only machine; no cabinet fade or playfield wear that I can see or feel with my hand. Upgrades are as follows:

Mini Playfield invisible switch upgrade
Mini PF superband blue upgrade
Mini PF Pyramid Exit upgrade
Mini PF Street Lamp Etched Upgrade (original included too)
2x Custom LED strips on Street Lamp (wired differently for more effect)
Custom Pinballs
PinSound surround sound upgrade (incredible upgrade)
InvisiGlass Upgrade
Speaker and subwoofer upgrade
Color DMD
Chrome Flippers
Mirror Blades upgrade
Chrome Flipper Buttons
White Powder Coated Cabinet
Color Changing LED Clock upgrade from Germany
Deluxe Rocketship upgrade
Slot Machine deluxe upgrade
Deluxe Piano upgrade
Element 13 Pyramid Upgrade for Playfield
Pyramid Topper Upgrade
Custom LED's installed in Piano area
Color changing Gumball machine LED's
Robby the Robot LED upgrade
Right ramp Decal upgrade
Spiral Sign upgrade
Chrome colored Pop Bumpers with Angel Eye/HALO LED's upgrade
Blue E.L. wire kit upgrade
BLUE LED under cabinet upgrade

Sold as is. I warranty my machines for labor for 1 year if you are local. If you are not local then you can arrange shipping at your expense only through NAVL/STI. I will professionally pack it for shipping but will not put it on a palette.

Thank you.

My name is Doug. www.douggiel.com/pinball

Other games for sale are:

Family Guy $7999
Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (1993) $9999
Addams Family $8999

Discount available for multiple purchases. Cash prices above. Additional fees apply if you are not local and paying through paypal or epay.

Item photos

image1 (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
image6 (resized).jpeg
image5 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpeg
image8 (resized).jpeg
image9 (resized).jpeg
image10 (resized).jpeg
image11 (resized).jpeg
image13 (resized).jpeg
image14 (resized).jpeg
image15 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://www.douggiel.com/pinball

Seller insights

These are douggiel's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to douggiel's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Pope Valley, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Launching TZ Rocket Out of stock
Interactive Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95

#2 7 years ago

Wow! look at those crazy prices! Out of this world!!!! GLWS

#3 7 years ago

These prices are from the Twilight Zone. Are they HEP restored? Then it would make sense to me.

#4 7 years ago

I thought I read somewhere the seller is a pinball Doctor.

#6 7 years ago

"Discount available for multiple purchases and/or cash. Pricing includes epay/paypal fees."

Well thank God. That's a relief. Really appreciate him being reasonable.

#7 7 years ago

I have a Groupon for 58.7% off.

#8 7 years ago

How much for this in Green Stamps?
grnstmp (resized).jpggrnstmp (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

just for the record. Superbands are never ever an upgrade. If anything, i'd demand $1000 off because you have them on in the first place. If you have colored bulbs in the GI's or backbox. That's another $1000 deduction. Cabinet decals. - $2000.

#10 7 years ago

How much is this game worth?

Price speculation only goes so far in any market period.
Time is ticking, make it count.

GLWS.

FB_IMG_1476673481896 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476673481896 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Cool pic! U still have it?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Cool pic! U still have it?

Yes.

#13 7 years ago

FB_IMG_1471364825944 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1471364825944 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Strange how the left side of the zone red is faded to pink right out of the box?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Strange how the left side of the zone red is faded to pink right out of the box?

Small bit of manufacturing information for knowledge.
Part of this photo was due to the flash of the camera and angle, the actual color is a deeper red, but yes the colors were lightly ink tainted if you look closely on the right side (closest to the coin door) as a scrutinizing collector myself.
I will gladly take another photo to show the colors 22 years later.
I found this hard photo in my archives and scanned it.

However, owners should realize silkscreen printing errors ocurred at the Churchill factory.
This is the source of the problem.
These were the times nobody cared, including owners and operators, BLY/WMS did not give new cabinets for superficial reasons, and their was no way to for me to evaluate a game that was drop shipped in its box from the distributor sent 3000 miles to my home in Alaska. Not much I could do in 1994. Essentially I was "a private owner treated like an operator." These type of problems were more common than some people may realize for large game runs of the era. Some TZ non-prototype and sample games even still had the original prototype backbox artwork versus the production artwork due to cabinets leftovers, similar to what happened in TAF ("gold" versus standard) with cabinet overruns in preparation for the Collector's Edition. Most people did not care about these errors either. The same problems still happen today, although most games have decals (versus screened) produced through a slightly different inking process. The only facet that makes the problems more rare is the low production runs, and the circumstances of the hobby based on ownership. Fortunately, my playfield had no issues and this title was uncommon to have insert ghosting unlike games later in the 1995-97 period.

I was just happy to get this machine as a distributor overstock closeout after the production run was completed.

There is a incredible host of nuances with this title due to changes as well from the prototype/sample/production during the high run of this game.
http://gameroomblog.com/guides/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production
Mr. Estes was nice enough to go through many of the changes.

Best of luck to the dealer/broker on the ad.

#16 7 years ago

Cool story, and my TAF has a similar issue with the cab art not being perfect...so this gives mine a bit more context. The left side's grays on top of the text "The Addams family" are too deep, the right side's too light. Anyways, as to this TZ- GLWS seller.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Small bit of manufacturing information for knowledge.
Part of this photo was due to the flash of the camera and angle, the actual color is a deeper red, but yes the colors were lightly ink tainted if you look closely on the right side (closest to the coin door) as a scrutinizing collector myself.
I will gladly take another photo to show the colors 22 years later.
I found this hard photo in my archives and scanned it.
However, owners should realize silkscreen printing errors ocurred at the Churchill factory.
This is the source of the problem.
These were the times nobody cared, including owners and operators, BLY/WMS did not give new cabinets for superficial reasons, and their was no way to for me to evaluate a game that was drop shipped in its box from the distributor sent 3000 miles to my home in Alaska. Not much I could do in 1994. Essentially I was "a private owner treated like an operator." These type of problems were more common than some people may realize for large game runs of the era. Some TZ non-prototype and sample games even still had the original prototype backbox artwork versus the production artwork due to cabinets leftovers, similar to what happened in TAF ("gold" versus standard) with cabinet overruns in preparation for the Collector's Edition. Most people did not care about these errors either. The same problems still happen today, although most games have decals (versus screened) produced through a slightly different inking process. The only facet that makes the problems more rare is the low production runs, and the circumstances of the hobby based on ownership. Fortunately, my playfield had no issues and this title was uncommon to have insert ghosting unlike games later in the 1995-97 period.
I was just happy to get this machine as a distributor overstock closeout after the production run was completed.
There is a incredible host of nuances with this title due to changes as well from the prototype/sample/production during the high run of this game.
http://gameroomblog.com/guides/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production
Mr. Estes was nice enough to go through many of the changes.
Best of luck to the dealer/broker on the ad.

3 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

Some TZ non-prototype and sample games even still had the original prototype backbox artwork versus the production artwork due to cabinets leftovers, similar to what happened in TAF ("gold" versus standard) with cabinet overruns in preparation for the Collector's Edition. Most people did not care about these errors either.

This is fascinating, as I've had a couple of comments recently about my TAF cab decals being faded, but they clearly are not, as the black is still very deep. But yep, one side is darker than the other.

I've never heard about the prototype translite on TZ though - now THAT would be a find! That's not part of Ted Estes' story on GameroomBlog but I wonder if it's ever been printed elsewhere?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is fascinating, as I've had a couple of comments recently about my TAF cab decals being faded, but they clearly are not, as the black is still very deep. But yep, one side is darker than the other.
I've never heard about the prototype translite on TZ though - now THAT would be a find! That's not part of Ted Estes' story on GameroomBlog but I wonder if it's ever been printed elsewhere?

Backbox cabinet artwork on the sides, not translite artwork.
I am not aware of any games that received different translite artwork.
However, there are actually two different translites (of the same artwork) for the game related to the "punched star holes" to the different twinkling effects. I own examples of both of these as I ended up picking up a used translite from a parted game for my art collection that has no star cutouts.

#19 7 years ago

Backbox cabinet artwork on the sides, not translite artwork.
I am not aware of any games that received different translite artwork.
However, there are actually two different translites (of the same artwork) for the game related to the "punched star holes" to the different twinkling effects. I own examples of both of these as I ended up picking up a used translite from a parted game for my art collection that has no star cutouts.

Got it. Mine has the cutouts, I have found, and the white door background on the backbox. What an awesome game.

#20 7 years ago

$12,999 and no third magnet mod.

#21 7 years ago

Family Guy is now an $8500 machine????!!!!!

#22 7 years ago

Is that white protective film left on all over the rails, bar and legs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
$ 79.50
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-2056 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.