20160902_224519 (resized).jpg
20160902_224525 (resized).jpg
20160902_224529 (resized).jpg
20160902_164704 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2015-12-10-23-00-16 (resized).png
20160117_100437 (resized).jpg
20160117_100415 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20160529-094358 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

Added: 2016-09-02 13:56:28 UTC • Ended: September 10th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 8,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

I'm making my beloved unverified HUO TZ available if I can get my ask. I lowered the price from $8000 in a final price move. Would rather keep my beautiful game otherwise. I consider this to be collector's condition with the best enhancements. If you've been looking for a beautiful original- with the mods you want- here's a dynamite example. Lots of awesome has gone into this machine. The details:

1. Unfaded original decals- deepest possible reds
2. Cleanest cab possible on an unrestored TZ
3. Color protoytpe repro mini playfield without "flip here"
4. Pinsound sound board with DCS Chris Granner and original
5. Ingo Kramer LED clock board
6. Premium cointaker LED kit with afterburner pops
7. New G2 Repro Translite for deepest colors from backbox LEDs
8. Clear Ramp
9. Brand new clear plastics throughout including ramp covers
10. Backboard decal
11. Cliffy set throughout
12. Superbands
13. Madasuya Robby mod with LEDs
14. Leretrotienda Piano Mod
15. Cliffy posts and superbands
16. Red clock housing with white prototype decal
17. Brand new reinforced slot scoop
18. Target decal set
19. Red LED under slot scoop/Blue LED under shooter scoop
20. Lexan mini playfield bottom cover
21. Diverter magnet
22. Mint side rails
23. Brand new lockdown bar
24. Pinbits Curios Shop Gumbballs
25. Lamp and diverter decals
26. Extremely clean playfield with immaculate shooter lane
27. Brand new gumball globe
28. Plastic protectors
29. Brand new pop bumper and flasher caps
30. Original manual

I'll send photos to serious buyers who PM me prior to end of business today; I'll post here after work. There's also a picture of my "TZ room" in the Twilight Zone club thread. You can ship at your expense and risk- I'd use STI just to be sure. Thank You!!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are cheshirefilms's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to cheshirefilms's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Plano, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 519.00
Playfield - Other
86Pixels

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 7 years ago

#3 7 years ago

Yes bulgy eyes pinlink- its a terrific TZ. If you're using pinside code to say "too expensive"- dont just be a price police- present a comparable TZ that sold recently with a better price.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Yes bulgy eyes pinlink- its a terrific TZ. If you're using pinside code to say "too expensive"- dont just be a price police- present a comparable TZ that sold recently with a better price.

I agree and have a huo loaded with great mods and been offered 8500 so there u go .

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I agree and have a huo loaded with great mods and been offered 8500 so there u go .

Thanks. I hate to move it at all- and there's always the chance I could relent- I've done so in the past- but I have my eyes on a great example of the game of my childhood- TAF- and I dont think I would want both TZ and TAF in a two-pin collection- too similar- and I can't afford all three. Ideally, I'd love to have TAF and GB Premium.

#6 7 years ago

this is a great price. in fact that guy from jersey should check this thread out to see what should go for top dollar. This TZ absolutely s**** all over his. GLWS - I'm sure it's a beauty.

BigD - I see that you're on top of all of the TZ ads!

#7 7 years ago

Mirror blades are not included- just shown inside for demo purposes. I moved them to my Who Dunnit.

Screenshot_20160529-094358 (resized).pngScreenshot_20160529-094358 (resized).png

#8 7 years ago

20160117_100415 (resized).jpg20160117_100415 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

20160117_100437 (resized).jpg20160117_100437 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Screenshot_2015-12-10-23-00-16 (resized).pngScreenshot_2015-12-10-23-00-16 (resized).png

#11 7 years ago

Best offer at $8000 or above takes the game. Up the offer to $8500 or above and I'll include the framed artist proof David Whalen TZ Lithograph set pictured here- for your own TZ museum

20160902_164704 (resized).jpg20160902_164704 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

this is a great price. in fact that guy from jersey should check this thread out to see what should go for top dollar. This TZ absolutely s**** all over his. GLWS - I'm sure it's a beauty.

Tz offers more than any other pin out there as far as features and code for wpc pins . A huo with 2-3k in mods sld be more but its not . I mean if ts, bsd ,jd, wh20 and many others are 3-5 k now for just ok condition than dam right tz, sld be worth this lol.

#13 7 years ago

(edited)

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

You are such a loser dude. Get a life.

Your TZ is awesome IMHO too, man. Just different, a full resto variety on TZ. Maybe lash at that guy in PM- not my threads business really.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

See the first post. That's a dickhead like you were in my thread.

#16 7 years ago

Your TZ is awesome IMHO man. Maybe lash at that guy in PM- not my threads business really.

Gotcha man. Sorry. Good luck with your sale. I did send him a pm. Bout time he backs up his words

#17 7 years ago

Some interest stirring up. Hope to find my baby a home at a price I cant refuse before I change my mind

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

You are such a loser dude. Get a life.

Don't waste your time PM'ing me - I know you're slow but I'll repeat - I don't read them You're a joke and I wouldn't even waste my time with you. Stay in Jersey, count your money and continue being disrespected like you've been your entire life.

Just to get this out there - my response was just to defend this guy's price as I thought it's more than fair and brought in that TZ ad b/c it's ridiculous. I'll admit - I can understand why that would cause this thread to go in the wrong direction so I'll take that one. I shouldn't have posted here about that. I'm out. Seller - sorry for that but I wanted others to understand this is a GREAT deal.

#19 7 years ago

I will respect wishes of seller and just plain and simply bump for him. Apparently you are too dumb delt to respect his request

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't waste your time PM'ing me - I know you're slow but I'll repeat - I don't read them You're a joke and I wouldn't even waste my time with you. Stay in Jersey, count your money and continue being disrespected like you've been your entire life.
Just to get this out there - my response was just to defend this guy's price as I thought it's more than fair and brought in that TZ ad b/c it's ridiculous. I'll admit - I can understand why that would cause this thread to go in the wrong direction so I'll take that one. I shouldn't have posted here about that. I'm out. Seller - sorry for that but I wanted others to understand this is a GREAT deal.

No offense personally taken man. I still may end up keeping the game, especially if WHO DUNNIT sells. Might be fun to at least see it together with a nice TAF in my home. I also may have an offer for a minty HUO CV plus cash. I at least have to take a look..

#21 7 years ago

No offense personally taken man. I still may end up keeping the game, especially if WHO DUNNIT sells. Might be fun to at least see it together with a nice TAF in my home. I also may have an offer for a minty HUO CV plus cash. I at least have to take a look..

Curious - your TZ corner didn't have the W?D in it before, right?
Was wondering then if you like that over the TZ? Or were you planning on getting another TZ in the future, since you have those posters?

#22 7 years ago

Minty CV sounds very tempting. I'm in a similar boat (2 pin setup) and I owned both TAF and TZ and sold the TZ for the same reason. I have a soft spot for TAF and the vacant spot is on hold for Ghostbusters premium which can't come soon enough. You can't go wrong with CV though. Love the look of that game

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Curious - your TZ corner didn't have the W?D in it before, right?
Was wondering then if you like that over the TZ? Or were you planning on getting another TZ in the future, since you have those posters?

If I sell TZ, I'll sell the lithos- very possibly to the new owner. Who Dunnit is for sale too. WDI is fun but not a keeper in a small players collection- a great first pin or for larger collection. Hope is to turn these two into a collectors TAF (needs shop job first but great bones) and GB Premium.

PS TZ vs. Who Dunnit isn't even a fair discussion really. I mean, TZ is best game of all time. Lol. For me Addams is just my first love. But Who Dunnit is fun!

#24 7 years ago

If I sell TZ, I'll sell the posters. Who Dunnit is for sale too. Hope is to turn these two into a collectors TAF (needs shipping first but great bones) and GB Premium

Wow we really have similar taste! Ghostbusters premium too? Nice

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow we really have similar taste! Ghostbusters premium too? Nice

Yes. I'd never sell TZ for a GB, even an LE- but if I can get my collectors Addams than TZ can be rehomed. Of course if WDI goes first than very possibly TZ and Addams come together. It's all a question of timing and what's meant to be

#26 7 years ago

If I sell TZ, I'll sell the lithos- very possibly to the new owner. Who Dunnit is for sale too. WDI is fun but not a keeper in a small players collection- a great first pin or for larger collection. Hope is to turn these two into a collectors TAF (needs shop job first but great bones) and GB Premium.
PS TZ vs. Who Dunnit isn't even a fair discussion really. I mean, TZ is best game of all time. Lol. For me Addams is just my first love. But Who Dunnit is fun!

Hah, that's cool. I've only played WDI once or twice, so don't know much about it.

If new owners don't take the lithos, I'll take one. (And yes, TAF is a good game to get, especially if you can find one in okay condition and give it some love. )

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hah, that's cool. I've only played WDI once or twice, so don't know much about it.
If new owners don't take the lithos, I'll take one. (And yes, TAF is a good game to get, especially if you can find one in okay condition and give it some love. )

It's a very rare Ouersler game but it's a thinking mans pin. Very different. In many ways game was never finished. No wizard mode even. New code could rock the value of the game. As for the TAF, it's allegedly HUO unrestored too and very beautiful. I know of it through a good friend who told me once I have the funds we can just go over to the owners place and take it home.

#28 7 years ago

20160902_224529 (resized).jpg20160902_224529 (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

20160902_224525 (resized).jpg20160902_224525 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

20160902_224519 (resized).jpg20160902_224519 (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

20160902_224536 (resized).jpg20160902_224536 (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

Looks like a very nice tz sir... one thing i noticed is there is a small touchup on the z in lower part of playfield

#33 7 years ago

Long weekend, time for more pinball.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like a very nice tz sir... one thing i noticed is there is a small touchup on the z in lower part of playfield

Thanks; its an extremely clean original. Usually need a full resto variety for perfection. No screws through playfield, insert crazing, wear in the shooter lane, chipped inserts, etc, etc. Just a special TZ in need of a new home

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Good eye Big, the way i see it over 15,000 TZ produced if anyone is asking near $8,000 it better look like it just came out of the box. I guess i should have hung on to my very nice TZ sold for $5,500 at the beginning of this year. Have prices really jump up to this being the normal for TZ ? Just keeping it real!

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Good eye Big, the way i see it over 15,000 TZ produced if anyone is asking near $8,000 it better look like it just came out of the box. I guess i should have hung on to my very nice TZ sold for $5,500 at the beginning of this year. Have prices really jump up to this being the normal for TZ ? Just keeping it real!

People ask for the $7-8K range all the time now on TZ. The market for BW titles has changed in the past two years. This is an unfaded moded TZ with lots of upgrades and a very clean playfield. Basic stock TZs with faded cabs go $6000 these days. That's just the new state of BW collecting. C-level games like JM now push into the mid-$3000 range unfaded. It's not news these days. I can't even sniff a beater Comet for under $1000 nowadays. A truly 'new out of box TZ' with no dings or wear of any kind - a museum TZ as opposed to a resto- would command 10 bills or more.

#38 7 years ago

Mine was unfaded at $5,500 no playfield wear, not knocking yours ,you can ask whatever you like. If you really want to sell it your going to have be reasonable about the price & condition, no where did you mention about the defect on the Z. I have not seen any faded TZ go for $6,000. Also it was one of the most produced pins, which means a lot are still around.

#39 7 years ago

Nice game. There's still many, many mods should the new owner want to further bling it out. As far as mods go, this game hasn't even scratched the surface of what's available. I hope you get $8k for it. That helps make everyone elses TZ a bit more valuable. The only people that would complain about your price are folks who don't own a TZ.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Mine was unfaded at $5,500 no playfield wear, not knocking yours ,you can ask whatever you like. If you really want to sell it your going to have be reasonable about the price & condition, no where did you mention about the defect on the Z. I have not seen any faded TZ go for $6,000. Also it was one of the most produced pins, which means a lot are still around.

I sold a faded stock TZ for $5500 to a pin dealer over a year ago. It is how it is. As before, this isn't a flawless TZ. It's not a resto job. Perhaps yours had zero playfield wear, but I've never seen an original without any- I think any pin buyer should take that kind of claim with a grain of salt- especially on games like TZ and Addams.

#41 7 years ago

I sold a faded stock TZ for $5500 to a pin dealer over a year ago. It is how it is. As before, this isn't a flawless TZ. It's not a resto job. Perhaps yours had no playfield wear, but I've never seen an original without any- I think any pin buyer should take that kind of claim with a grain of salt.

As should we also take what you say with the same weight.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

As s

As should we also take what you say with the same weight.

No arguments here. This TZ is what it is. A very nice unfaded exemple with mods and nice upgrades. I hope it finds a nice new home

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Nice game. There's still many, many mods should the new owner want to further bling it out. As far as mods go, this game hasn't even scratched the surface of what's available. I hope you get $8k for it. That helps make everyone elses TZ a bit more valuable. The only people that would complain about your price are folks who don't own a TZ.

Well yes but I don't think all mods are good ideas on TZ. I chose what I thought would complete Lawlors vision in my eyes. New owner can rocket or TV it out or whatever as he sees fit

#44 7 years ago

Hey at least its getting bumped up .

#45 7 years ago

Missing the 2 most important mods...ColorDMD and GLM mini-PF switches! (http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html)

Pictures aren't great...especially the under-the-PF pictures. Really hard to appraise it's value without great photos. The tunnels under the PF are often damaged...couldn't see much detail.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Missing the 2 most important mods...ColorDMD and GLM mini-PF switches! (http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html)
Pictures aren't great...especially the under-the-PF pictures. Really hard to appraise it's value without great photos. The tunnels under the PF are often damaged...couldn't see much detail.

Good call on those mods! Just never saw the need for the GL kit with my mod needs- had I wanted illuminated star posts, no question. It used to have ColorDMD but that's reserved for Addams. The tunnels are undamaged/uncracked.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For some reason i thought it had a color dmd..

#48 7 years ago

Wow killer pin.

#49 7 years ago

Updated under the hood pics

20160903_094836 (resized).jpg20160903_094836 (resized).jpg

20160903_095015 (resized).jpg20160903_095015 (resized).jpg

20160903_095112 (resized).jpg20160903_095112 (resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Btw my TZ plays fast and mean. None of the floaty play TZ syndrome you get from most TZs I've played in the wild

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-2047?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.