20160902_224519 (resized).jpg
20160902_224525 (resized).jpg
20160902_224529 (resized).jpg
20160902_164704 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2015-12-10-23-00-16 (resized).png
20160117_100437 (resized).jpg
20160117_100415 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20160529-094358 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Good call on those mods! Just never saw the need for the GL kit with my mod needs- had I wanted illuminated star posts, no question. It used to have ColorDMD but that's reserved for Addams. The tunnels are undamaged/uncracked.

The GL kit greatly improves the visibility of the upper PF. The 4 monster switches look awful IMHO.

New pics look great...especially the boards and head unit. I have a HUO TZ that looks very similar to yours. Just had the 10-switch opto board fail and had to replace it with a GLM board.

GLWTS.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Btw my TZ plays fast and mean. None of the floaty play TZ syndrome you get from most TZs I've played in the wild

Funny you mention that... the TZ I bought recently played really slow and "floaty". I raised the back levelers as high as possible and lowered the fronts as low as possible. This still didn't make the game play right. I ended up removing the front levelers so the legs sit directly on the floor. That pretty much did it but I'd still like the playfield angle to be a bit steeper.

#53 7 years ago

agreed

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Funny you mention that... the TZ I bought recently played really slow and "floaty". I raised the back levelers as high as possible and lowered the fronts as low as possible. This still didn't make the game play right. I ended up removing the front levelers so the legs sit directly on the floor. That pretty much did it but I'd still like the playfield angle to be a bit steeper.

Do you have the back legs in the right set of cabinet holes? TZ often has an extra set of holes in the back.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Do you have the back legs in the right set of cabinet holes? TZ often has an extra set of holes in the back.

That's true and easy to miss as well, wrong holes makes the game tons of floaty- but even TZs set right in the right screws often play slow and "floaty", IJ too..

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

How do you know what lawlors vision was? That's crazy to even say. TZ owners who don't want to spend the money on the TV, the slot machine, the rocket, the t-bird, the speaker lights, the under cabinet lighting. the topper or whatever else, always say... "those mods are simply over the top".
IMO, if you're gonna ask $8000 for a TZ it better be blinged the heck out.

Mod taste is subjective, of course. My game has many choice upgrades and mods. The Pinsound board in particular is incredible, as is the ingo clock board, the laretrotienda piano, etc. That said, I used to also have the rocket and the slot. The rocket got knocked down or vibrated off, also obscured playfield vision. The slot just didn't look natural to me from afar. Of course, my slot may not have been the best version. As for price, I have nothing further to add except that you're entitled to your opinion.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Also, you can check to see if you have 3" leg levers. PBL sells them for less than $1 each: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=921

#58 7 years ago

With the recent Ghostbusters ghosting/PF cracking issues not being verified fixed and business going well, I've decided to hold on to TZ for now and just go after this Addams I have my eyes on once WDI sells. Appreciate your candid input on my game folks, and I appreciated the warm comments especially. I put a lot of love into my TZ and I think it shows

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-2047/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.