• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ThLQTq5 (resized).jpg
LPCVgbh (resized).jpg
dIKNeVn (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Twilight Zone NOT A PROTOTYPE

Added: 2018-11-04 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 27th, 2019) • Ended: January 30th, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 5,800 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

This Beautiful machine is NOT THE FIRST prototype of the Bally Midway Twilight Zone Machine. In fact, it's not even a prototype! Nice overall Twilight Zone that plays 100%.

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/uQYBdz2

Cabinet good condition with a few assorted dings and scratches. Left side of cabinet has about six inches of fade toward the front, but otherwise nice and bright. There are some abrasions around the legs where incorrect legs were mounted in the wrong holes at one point; these areas have been touched up with black.

Playfield great condition.

Original boards as far as I can tell – some boards, particularly Driver, have Sharpie marks on them to indicate where connectors are seated (see pics). 9.4 home rom, with original included. Manual included as well.

Mods:

Mostly LEDs throughout
Cointaker LED door mod in backbox with remote control
Side and back interior cab decals (some damage to these on sides, see pics)
Aftermarket clock board
Slingshot plastic protectors
Cliffys: rocket, slot scoop, outhole
Pyramid topper (lights up, flashes, etc.)
Camera mod
Rocket mod
Piano mod
Airplane toy
Robbie toy
Gramophone toy
Slot Machine mod
Gumball Flasher mod
Gumballs
Pinball Pro speaker set
Diverter magnet
Assorted target decals

Some misc. small toys not on the machine – nothing special, but also included.

Located N. central Wyoming. Not really interested in trades, but if you've got a CQ machine that's on my list, maybe we can work something out. Shipping hasn't been an option in the past because I live on a road freight companies consider dirt and unsuitable for pick-up.

Looking for cash and a local sale.

Item photos

dIKNeVn (resized).jpg
ThLQTq5 (resized).jpg
LPCVgbh (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are canea's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to canea's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Nowhere, WY, US

#2 5 years ago

Very fair price IMO. Maybe a bit low? Good luck with the sale.

#3 5 years ago

Pretty nice looking for the price. Should sell fast.

#4 5 years ago

Great price

#5 5 years ago

If there was some way to ship this game I would buy it

#6 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Impossible to get a pin into Wyoming, even more difficult to sell one.

#7 5 years ago

Hard to see condition, but theres some nice mods.....in my market area it would probably sell for considerably more?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hard to see condition, but theres some nice mods.....in my market area it would probably sell for considerably more?

The seller is a friend of mine and an honest and standup guy. I've spent a small amount of time with the machine, and it really is in great shape.

Have a look at his Imgur link for detailed pics.

#9 5 years ago

You really should figure out a way to ship and expand your market reach....this would probably sell quickly

#10 5 years ago

He lives LITERALLY in the middle of nowhere.
I'm sure he appreciates the tip though Columbo.
Canea is a stand-up super cool cat and my pen pal. Bout time we did some more music swappin eh? Been super into Wormrot here lately.
Crank it!
No seriously, YOU HAVE NO NEIGHBORS....crank it!

#11 5 years ago

Goddamnit I'm debating the drive. We're gonna be in Denver for Thanksgiving anyway...hmm.

#12 5 years ago

I think the last time I had buyers look into shipping, I'd have to drive the pin 15 miles to a larger town for curbside pickup somewhere. Makes me nervous shipping a big, expensive machine to a stranger sight unseen - something I haven't done that before and trying to avoid, but yeah, it's not working out so well...

#13 5 years ago

Ha, I'll knock off some money for gas, Gryszzz. This one came from Denver. Sometimes you'll get someone willing to drive from Denver or Fort Collins, but not very often, generally only for new pins.

#14 5 years ago

Looks like it might be only 4-5 hours from Denver?

#15 5 years ago

Closer to 6 if you listen to Wormrot and drive fast!

#16 5 years ago

Singapore grind is all I want for Christmas. And this TZ.

2 months later
#17 5 years ago

Back with a bump and new non-prototype pricing!

#19 5 years ago

I'm sorry this price is absolutely RIDICULOUS! I can only offer you $25,000 at best! There's a prototype on here for $65,000 that IMO is the better bargain!

JK....GLWTS! Great Price....nice pinball!

#20 5 years ago

Non prototype bump

#21 5 years ago

Your forgot to add a zero.

#22 5 years ago

Needs another zero

#23 5 years ago

I have seen you list some games before, I have a buddy who lives fairly close to you I believe, one of these times I'll have to buy and have him hold it, deliver back to Neb! Glws, good price.

#24 5 years ago

Lol @ "not a prototype"

Well done

#25 5 years ago

Located in a nowhere town just short of...the Twilight Zone...bump

#26 5 years ago

Canea is one of my favorite Pinsiders, he's one bad mf and really does live in Nowhere, WY.
In one of the metal threads I was cryin about how I could never find a certain Vader album. He had 2, and sent me one. FUCKIN AWESOME PEOPLES RIGHT THERE.
I'll never forget that and wish I could by this from him for 6k or more, but I only buy prototypes now.

#27 5 years ago

Damn, that’s a great price.

#28 5 years ago

Is this the same one that was for sale late last year? Man, if you were just a bit closer...I actually considered a road trip out there, but not now in the middle of the snowstorms

#29 5 years ago

Pricing is reflective of location and not willing to ship. Anyone within 6 hours should make a drive.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this the same one that was for sale late last year? Man, if you were just a bit closer...I actually considered a road trip out there, but not now in the middle of the snowstorms

Yupe. Plenty of interest with every price drop, but folks either want it shipped or don't want to drive. You know it only snows every two days - you just gotta hit the windows.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Canea is one of my favorite Pinsiders. He's one bad mf and really does live in Nowhere, WY.
In one of the metal threads I was cryin about how I could never find a certain Vader album. He had 2, and sent me one. FUCKIN AWESOME PEOPLES RIGHT THERE.
I'll never forget that and wish I could by this from him for 6k or more, but I only buy prototypes now.

Thanks for the vote of confidence (again), Gryszzz. When I still have this thing in June you can road trip and I'll paint the boards red for you and we'll make that dream a reality.

#32 5 years ago

I thought it was a joke but there actually is a Nowhere Wyoming !

#33 5 years ago

LOL...DEAL!

#34 5 years ago

Also on the the "Songs that Make Me Think of WY" mix tape

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Canea is one of my favorite Pinsiders, he's one bad mf and really does live in Nowhere, WY.

There's a prototype TZ for sale right now

#36 5 years ago

your MISSING a zero on the price

#37 5 years ago

Just ship it......
I have machines shipped all the time and it's great. Use NAVL/STI. The buyer pays for all the shipping and sets it all up. All you do as the seller is get a phone call from the shipping company asking you when it's okay to pick up. They even wrap it up as well.
The seller does literally almost zero work. Just make sure the game is on ground level because it saves the seller money.
As for payment, ask for a wire or cashiers check and tell buyer they can set up shipping when the money has cleared your account. Boom! You're done.

#38 5 years ago

A friend of mine was wondering if you could convert a Regular TZ to a Prototype, Call it a "Prototype Clone" and get $30k for it?

Just wondering...

Nice price! GLWS!!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just ship it......
I have machines shipped all the time and it's great. Use NAVL/STI. The buyer pays for all the shipping and sets it all up. All you do as the seller is get a phone call from the shipping company asking you when it's okay to pick up. They even wrap it up as well.
The seller does literally almost zero work. Just make sure the game is on ground level because it saves the seller money.
As for payment, ask for a wire or cashiers check and tell buyer they can set up shipping when the money has cleared your account. Boom! You're done.

Seller already explained they won't come to his location because he's homed off a dirt road in the middle of Nowhere, WY.

#40 5 years ago

Best Ad description ever! Great looking machine at a great price! GLWS.

#41 5 years ago

Game is sold and out the door. Thank you for your patience, pinside.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-99?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.