Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LitzDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9646 (resized).JPG
DSC02292 (resized).JPG
DSC02291 (resized).JPG
DSC02290 (resized).JPG
DSC02289 (resized).JPG
DSC02288 (resized).JPG
DSC02287 (resized).JPG
DSC02286 (resized).JPG
DSC02285 (resized).JPG
DSC02284 (resized).JPG
DSC02283 (resized).JPG
DSC02281 (resized).JPG
DSC02280 (resized).JPG
DSC02279 (resized).JPG
DSC02278 (resized).JPG
DSC02277 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 2 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 6,400

for sale

For sale: Twilight Zone

Added: January 9th, 2017 Re-listed: 2 times
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

For sale is a 1993 Twilight Zone in very good condition. Some slight cabinet fade on the left, but better on the right. Unit is all original with no mods done. Playfield is in very good shape, probably and 8 out of 10. Glass has a small piece out of the right top corner, but is not visible when slid in place. Cabinet is not drilled, and has light wear, but looks good. Local pickup preferred, but can discuss shipping options if buyer is willing to pay. Call for further details or with any questions.

Item photos

DSC02268 (resized).JPG
DSC02270 (resized).JPG
DSC02269 (resized).JPG
DSC02272 (resized).JPG
DSC02271 (resized).JPG
DSC02273 (resized).JPG
DSC02276 (resized).JPG
DSC02277 (resized).JPG
DSC02278 (resized).JPG
DSC02279 (resized).JPG
DSC02280 (resized).JPG
DSC02281 (resized).JPG
DSC02283 (resized).JPG
DSC02284 (resized).JPG
DSC02285 (resized).JPG
DSC02286 (resized).JPG
DSC02287 (resized).JPG
DSC02288 (resized).JPG
DSC02289 (resized).JPG
DSC02290 (resized).JPG
DSC02291 (resized).JPG
DSC02292 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Swartz Creek, MI, US

Seller insights

These are Screamo's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Screamo's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Is this the TZ on location at the Laundromat/gas station/McDonalds on Dort Hwy and E. Mt Morris road in Mt Morris? There's a Creetch there too.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is this the TZ on location at the Laundromat/gas station/McDonalds on Dort Hwy and E. Mt Morris road in Mt Morris? There's a Creetch there too.

Looks like it is in his house judging by the photos.

#4 2 years ago

No offense but this is nowhere near an 8 or 9 out of 10.

#5 2 years ago

I'm just wondering when tz got so expensive. Collectors quilty for this price sure, not this machine though.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No offense but this is nowhere near an 8 or 9 out of 10.

I have to agree. There are wear spots all over the place as well as some bad touch ups. TZ is a great game, but damn, if your price is truly "firm" it will be sitting for a bit.

#7 2 years ago

I'm not sure about that

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I'm just wondering when tz got so expensive. Collectors quilty for this price sure, not this machine though.

My theory is that is got this expensive when Stern decided that they would charge 8K for one of their sorry games.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

My theory is that is got this expensive when Stern decided that they would charge 8K for one of their sorry games.

They don't sell for this price in this condition. It has nothing to do with Stern and their NIB pricing.

#10 2 years ago

Last time I looked at a TZ (few years ago....and much nicer condition) it was $4500.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Last time I looked at a TZ (few years ago....and much nicer condition) it was $4500.

They have gone up a lot over the past couple years, especially the last year for nicer examples.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yep, and a couple years before that it was 3,500. These days I would say they are in the 5,500-6,500 depending on condition of course. Restored examples can be more.

#13 2 years ago

Mine was $3400 four years ago, and is in better shape than this one overall. If I had to sell today I could easily get $5k+, but not over $7k. Prices have definitely gone up, but not this far yet.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They have gone up a lot over the past couple years, especially the last year for nicer examples.

Quoted from pinlink:

Yep, and a couple years before that it was 3,500. These days I would say they are in the 5,500-6,500 depending on condition of course. Restored examples can be more.

Yeah and thinking about it, it was 4 years ago.....so I can believe this.

#15 2 years ago

For that price I thought it would have a color DMD be shopped out and full of mods...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

For that price I thought it would have a color DMD be shopped out and full of mods...

How about let's just start a a decent playfield?

#17 2 years ago

Filthy pf with old dirty rubbers and wear everywhere. Price is a joke...

#18 2 years ago

No where near worth $7300, maybe if your lucky $5300 geez. People do your research before trying to sell machines at crazy prices.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Screamo:

Playfield is in very good shape, probably and 8 or 9 out of 10

I guess the playfield touch up at the rocket is what keeps this from being a 10?

#20 2 years ago

Good restoration TZ. I think a fair price is $4500-$5000 absolute maximum. $7300 no way. BTW if you don't like the price of your pin criticized then don't post in the discussion forum.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

No where near worth $7300, maybe if your lucky $5300 geez. People do your research before trying to sell machines at crazy prices.

I agree with everyone on pricing -- but it's the buyers responsibility to do the research, seller can list at whatever they want.. if they want it sold faster it's easy to lower the price.

#22 2 years ago

My HEP restored TZ with slot machine topper 3rd mag etc arrives tomorrow. $10,500. Plus shipping.
This is my second. First sold for 5500 three years ago it was a reimport in great shape with many mods. This is my keeper. Money makes money and I spend it. Nothing else to do. Lol.
GLWTS.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I agree with everyone on pricing -- but it's the buyers responsibility to do the research, seller can list at whatever they want.. if they want it sold faster it's easy to lower the price.

Ohh OK!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like it is in his house judging by the photos.

Saw these last month in a Gas Station/Laundromat just a few miles from this postings location.... They could have moved, no?
After looking at the coin door, different TZ...

IMG_9646 (resized).JPG

#25 2 years ago

Is that black spray paint covering the right edge of the speaker panel?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

These days I would say they are in the 5,500-6,500 depending on condition of course. Restored examples can be more.

right on the money. This example should be priced at $4850-$5200. The damage to the playfield is key.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

My HEP restored TZ with slot machine topper 3rd mag etc arrives tomorrow. $10,500. Plus shipping.
This is my second. First sold for 5500 three years ago it was a reimport in great shape with many mods. This is my keeper. Money makes money and I spend it. Nothing else to do. Lol.
GLWTS.

Did the 10.5 price you stated include the cost of the base game and all parts needed? I would have thought a HEP TZ would have cost quite a bit more. I feel lucky to have purchased my TZ for 2200 back in 1997 and would love to send it to get the HEP treatment someday.

#28 2 years ago

My absolutely perfect modded to the hilt TZ sold for $6,500 no too long ago. This is lackluster, at best, compared to mine.

#29 2 years ago

I have seen alot of TZ up for sale recently. This machine value in its condition and being a reimport is under 5K.
If he gets offered 4600.
He should take it.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Did the 10.5 price you stated include the cost of the base game and all parts needed? I would have thought a HEP TZ would have cost quite a bit more. I feel lucky to have purchased my TZ for 2200 back in 1997 and would love to send it to get the HEP treatment someday.

I read his post as meaning he bought a second or third hand HEP restored game for 10.5, not that he is getting it restored by HEP currently. Yes, the HEP restore plus donor game would cost more than 10.5 today.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I read his post as meaning he bought a second or third hand HEP restored game for 10.5, not that he is getting it restored by HEP currently. Yes, the HEP restore plus donor game would cost more than 10.5 today.

Sorry so late to respond....been playing TZ.

The HEP TZ I received yesterday was already restored. Its a boat load of cash, almost as much as the first house I grew up in back in the 1960s. I am sure my folks are rolling over in their graves. But I don't care anymore. If I don't spoil me, myself, who the hell is going to? Nobody, not even Midas.

BTW: I got the TZ from a Pinsider who I have done trades with prior to this one. We were thinking he could have gotten 12.5 for it. Maybe, maybe not. Likely so though. I don't care now that I have it to play. Spoil myself when I can....but not selfishly, that's the trick.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Sorry so late to respond....been playing TZ.
The HEP TZ I received yesterday was already restored. Its a boat load of cash, almost as much as the first house I grew up in back in the 1960s. I am sure my folks are rolling over in their graves. But I don't care anymore. If I don't spoil me, myself, who the hell is going to? Nobody, not even Midas.
BTW: I got the TZ from a Pinsider who I have done trades with prior to this one. We were thinking he could have gotten 12.5 for it. Maybe, maybe not. Likely so though. I don't care now that I have it to play. Spoil myself when I can....but not selfishly, that's the trick.

So true. That is why I work so I can have fun. I am going to HEP my TZ some time. It is a big pill to swallow but I am sure worth it.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside