image.jpg
IMAG1238.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0043.JPG
420556-i.jpg
420557-i.jpg
420558-i.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

** TWD Prem/LE Crossbow mod ** by MEZELmods

Added: 2015-07-21 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 11th, 2016) • Ended: March 5th, 2016

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 80

Item description

Finish off the ball launch with our Walking Dead Pinball Crossbow for the Premium/LE! The crossbow easily installs and includes a red laser and realistic crossbow string. The laser activates when the crossbow swings out for the shot.

We will be making these in batches of 15 so get in early. For all those who buy before the end of July, you will be entered into a $50 MEZELmods gift certificate drawing.

As this is a new product and it has tight tolerances and small electronics, please let us know if you have any issues. Kristin will be glad to take care of you.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-crossbow

Item photos

420558-i.jpg
420557-i.jpg
420556-i.jpg
IMG_0043.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://mezelmods.com

Seller insights

These are Tmezel's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Tmezel's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Albuquerque, NM, US

#2 8 years ago

In for one

#4 8 years ago

I'm in.

#5 8 years ago

I don't have TWD, but WOW, that looks awesome.

#6 8 years ago

Are you already sold out of these?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Are you already sold out of these?

Looks like we did, I will update the thread when new stock arrives by end of week.

#8 8 years ago

Bigger batches, Tim, bigger batches!!!!! Definitely in for one when they are available again!

#9 8 years ago

I knew I should have ordered this morning while I was at work
It showed in stock then and now it's out of stock. Oh well, next batch for me.

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

Anyone have any luck installing this? Mine is rubbing on the apron and the online instructions are incomplete. Regretting my purchase a little.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Anyone have any luck installing this? Mine is rubbing on the apron and the online instructions are incomplete. Regretting my purchase a little.

Have you tried simply emailing and asking mezel mods for help? No need to regret your purchase until you realize the seller won't help you. However, mezel mods will totally help you out so no worries!

#13 8 years ago

I did email them before I posted here. I emailed Thursday and was told the instructions would be updated that day (Thursday). They were not updated as of Friday so I tried posting here. They emailed me last night explaining they were having problems updating the site so they emailed me the instructions. I do have it hooked up properly but the crossbow is rubbing the apron. Going to try to tweek it later. After trying to make it work for over an hour I did have regrets, there's nothing wrong with me saying that.

They have offered to send another if this one will not clear. Hoping it won't come to that but it's good to hear.

I also installed the ramp illumination and hitchhiker sign with no issues. Can recommend both of these.

#14 8 years ago

We will have a new batch of crossbows to fill orders Monday and we will get a new one to you MarcG. We had trouble uploading the last two images to the instructions. If anyone else needs them we can email them. We will do what it takes to make it right.

#15 8 years ago

I got mine and installed it. Looks Awesome! Works fine but should the left side of the crossbow return to the top of the apron or slide under the apron. Seems it should sit above and mine goes under ands rubs on the crossbow? One piece of advise is to make sure you properly tie down the wires. If they get in the way at all the crossbow will not close properly and keeps extending itself out.

#16 8 years ago

On left side of twd apron there are washers. Thinner one on top holding nut under instruction card and thick one on threaded stud under apron. Just switch two washers. Clearance on Xbow is perfect then.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

On left side of twd apron there are washers. Thinner one on top holding nut under instruction card and thick one on threaded stud under apron. Just switch two washers. Clearance on Xbow is perfect then.

I thought you had the other guys crossbow?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nope, I only have 1.set of washers on mine.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I thought you had the other guys crossbow?

Xbows are similar. Fit is similar.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I got mine and installed it. Looks Awesome! Works fine but should the left side of the crossbow return to the top of the apron or slide under the apron. Seems it should sit above and mine goes under ands rubs on the crossbow? One piece of advise is to make sure you properly tie down the wires. If they get in the way at all the crossbow will not close properly and keeps extending itself out.

Goes over the apron

#21 8 years ago

Just installed my crossbow today. I did glance at the online instructions, which were very detailed with pics but the install is so easy the instructions weren't really needed. Took me 5 minutes to do and worked perfect the first time. I don't see how anyone else could have a problem with the install or product? And there is a ton of clearance between the crossbow and the apron. Thanks again Mezel Mods!

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#22 8 years ago

My biggest concern is shown in this pic. Is this where the wire is supposed to come out? I don't see how the ball will not hit this wire.

Also, it did not occur to me that the mod goes over the apron. You really should update the instructions and include QB's pic.

I do admit i am quite the dumbass when it comes to these things.

IMAG1238.jpgIMAG1238.jpg

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

My biggest concern is shown in this pic. Is this where the wire is supposed to come out? I don't see how the ball will not hit this wire.
Also, it did not occur to me that the mod goes over the apron. You really should update the instructions and include QB's pic.

IMAG1238.jpg

Tuck it on top of the silver disk and the solenoid. We can definitely update the instructions.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Tuck it on top of the silver disk and the solenoid. We can definitely update the instructions.

Thanks Tim,

May i suggest a shallow channel (connected to the hole that the wire runs through) be added to translucent crossbow guide. Seems like a potential fail point. I'm gonna create my own if i can get the clearance to work.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Awesome idea , but doesn't work for everybody. Mine still goes under. Wacky stern!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

IMAG1238.jpg

Weird? I must have received an easy to install prototype?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Weird? I must have received an easy to install prototype?

In defense of Tim and his awesome mod, my apron must sit way higher than others. It almost works going under and i can see by your pic that it clears way over. Still scratching my head about the wire location. Is it the same on yours.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

In defense of Tim and his awesome mod, my apron must sit way higher than others. It almost works going under and i can see by your pic that it clears way over. Still scratching my head about the wire location. Is it the same on yours.

Yes, kind of. I modified it a bit so it would never interfear with the motor or switches. But the part you are concerned about is the same as the instructions. My kit didn't come with any 3M tape so I just used duct tape instead. I will snap a pic and post it.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Also I think all the aprons are the same, it is the mod or how people install it that differs. As you can see from my pic the left arm of the crossbow actually goes above the glass line, I have to push that part down when installing my Playfield glass. So it would be impossible for the apron to be high enough for the crossbow to slide under. I doubt your apron goes above the glass line, it is not the aprons that are the problem. I have a feeling you didn't install it correctly, from your pic it looks like the clear white plastic piece isn't pushed up enough but I will verify on my own machine.

#30 8 years ago

Now I hope everyone remembered to peel off the double sided tape and press that part down. If you didn't it will cause exactly this problem.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Awesome idea , but doesn't work for everybody. Mine still goes under. Wacky stern!

Mine did the same thing

#32 8 years ago

Here are some pics of mine. I don't get it, it does look like it is installed the same way as yours? Makes no sense?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks Tim,
May i suggest a shallow channel (connected to the hole that the wire runs through) be added to translucent crossbow guide. Seems like a potential fail point. I'm gonna create my own if i can get the clearance to work.

New ones going forward will have a recessed channel. We will continue to work on the under apron issue too for resolution.

#34 8 years ago

Crossbow is out of stock until we catch up on orders and the couple that had issues. Thanks for your patience.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-premle-crossbow-mod-by-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.